Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hayden Henry

Started by Hayden1865, January 30, 2017, 06:26:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 30, 2017, 07:11:34 pm
so you feel these are top of the depth chart guys?  I mean, I honestly don't even know what to make of what is happening with this blueshirt stuff. It's just not adding up unless Bielema is just planning to take recruiting time off to deal with having a kid...

It's my understanding he plans on having the entire 2018 class locked up by Wednesday. Also, have you been taking lessons from 12345?

berryhog

Quote from: ricepig on January 30, 2017, 08:20:36 pm
It's my understanding he plans on having the entire 2018 class locked up by Wednesday. Also, have you been taking lessons from 12345?

Rice, why have you become such a dbag ?  ;D

PonderinHog

Quote from: berryhog on January 30, 2017, 08:24:53 pm
Rice, why have you become such a dbag ?  ;D
I've been working with him on his delivery.  He's almost there!

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 30, 2017, 08:29:56 pm

Well, it's obvious he's becoming more human like.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

ricepig

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 30, 2017, 08:29:56 pm

Slow learner, had to go to JUCO.....or was it Prep school, or maybe it was just repeating the 4th grade.

Boog41

Quote from: ricepig on January 30, 2017, 08:33:35 pm
Slow learner, had to go to JUCO.....or was it Prep school, or maybe it was just repeating the 4th grade.

You red shirted 4th grade?

ricepig

Nosboar Accubond

He's faster than you realize. Also has good instincts which can't be taught. Glad to see him get a shot.

pigture perfect

Finally, someone explained what Blueshirting is. Do you think someday we will have a Blue Crapped thread? 😎
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

PonderinHog

Quote from: Boog41 on January 30, 2017, 09:05:44 pm
You red shirted 4th grade?
Redshirt?  Those were the toughest four years of his life.

Hawg Life

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 30, 2017, 07:11:34 pm
so you feel these are top of the depth chart guys?  I mean, I honestly don't even know what to make of what is happening with this blueshirt stuff. It's just not adding up unless Bielema is just planning to take recruiting time off to deal with having a kid...

I didn't say that, but I do believe there are some currently on scholarship and it's not working out. I'm glad we are trying a new approach for us, and it works out. The numbers work themselves out.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: pigture perfect on January 30, 2017, 09:18:26 pm
Finally, someone explained what Blueshirting is. Do you think someday we will have a Blue Crapped thread? 😎

Isn't "craped" or "crape"?
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Tarheelhawg

He has enough speed and intelligence to play LB.  Not fast enough for Safety in the SEC, but definitely fast enough for LB with excellent instincts.  Low risk in the long run, he will contribute sooner than you think. 

TazorTusk

This makes my day! 

Blood lines help sort out the thoroughbreds and he definitely has the pedigree.  I believe he will be an asset on and off the field.

Congratulations and welcome aboard, Hayden.

Tarheelhawg

WPS!  One more time! The more I mull this over the more I like it. Not trying to be controversial but the Hog on the helmet means a great deal to this young man!

yraciv

Can we confirm this is a scholarship offer and not a priority walkon?

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

tophawg19

Quote from: Tarheelhawg on January 30, 2017, 09:47:23 pm
He has enough speed and intelligence to play LB.  Not fast enough for Safety in the SEC, but definitely fast enough for LB with excellent instincts.  Low risk in the long run, he will contribute sooner than you think. 
i disagree , he was a strong safety and is fast enough to cover the whole field . this kid was missed by the guru's and is another steal . he is a hybrid guy but at 6'2 can carry another 10 to 15 easily

SkeeterHawg

247Sports states in the article about his commitment that they have him rated as an 81.  That would make him 3 stars.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 30, 2017, 11:49:45 pm
i disagree , he was a strong safety and is fast enough to cover the whole field . this kid was missed by the guru's and is another steal . he is a hybrid guy but at 6'2 can carry another 10 to 15 easily
At his size and as well as he has played in HS, there is a reason he doesn't have P5 schools lined up. What do you think that would be?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 30, 2017, 11:49:45 pm

Whether he ends up playing Safety or LB I hope he turns out to be a tremendous success at Arkansas and in the SEC. That said, I think he was always going to get an offer and a scholarship from the Hogs. Legacy player.
Go Hogs Go!

JackJohnson

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 31, 2017, 07:10:10 am
Whether he ends up playing Safety or LB I hope he turns out to be a tremendous success at Arkansas and in the SEC. That said, I think he was always going to get an offer and a scholarship from the Hogs. Legacy player.

Agreed.  I have heard this is what kept his offers down as it was understood he was going to Ark one way or another and colleges weren't going to waste their time.  This kid is Brooks Ellis with a much higher football IQ

Bacon_Bitz

Two years from now there will be a hundred Hogville threads clamorinf for Hayden Henry and Grant Morgan to start at LB

tophawg19

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 31, 2017, 06:57:58 am
At his size and as well as he has played in HS, there is a reason he doesn't have P5 schools lined up. What do you think that would be?
I think they just missed on this kid .Looks like he was lost in the shuffle by everyone even 24/7 .Also since he has a history with the hogs many may not have bothered to spend the time .I think this is a Burlsworth  type deal

1highhog

Welcome to the Razorback family Hayden.  It's great to have you aboard.  Hopefully by the time you leave the Hill we will remember you just as much as your brother, WPS!   :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

ricepig

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 30, 2017, 09:22:09 pm
Redshirt?  Those were the toughest four years of his life.

Now.....you know from experience that you only redshirted one year at WR, then they moved you on.......

Andrew Hogfan

Love his highlight reel.  Kids has a nose for the ball and likes to hit.  I hope he is very successful here.
WPS!!!

MB Hog

Quote from: JackJohnson on January 31, 2017, 07:14:49 am
Agreed.  I have heard this is what kept his offers down as it was understood he was going to Ark one way or another and colleges weren't going to waste their time.  This kid is Brooks Ellis with a much higher football IQ

I was thinking about a Brooks Ellis comparison as well.  Not quite as thick, but a little faster and more elusive... hard to block, like a Sean Lee.  Also a bit of an impact tackler, like Tony Bua.  Yes, I know... setting expectations too high.  But that is my hopeful evaluation.

Also important to note... HH has been starting since his sophomore year.  He always seemed a little small out there, then really filled out this year.  I think this blueshirt year will give him a chance to get to a good linebacker size before he hits the field for the Hogs.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 31, 2017, 07:29:07 am
I think they just missed on this kid .Looks like he was lost in the shuffle by everyone even 24/7 .Also since he has a history with the hogs many may not have bothered to spend the time .I think this is a Burlsworth  type deal

If the kid is Burlsworth, then why not give him a scholie straight up right now?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

younghog

Quote from: factchecker on January 30, 2017, 06:29:36 pm
https://twitter.com/hth_henry1/status/826223045090086914

Hayden Henry

6'2" 205 lbs. Safety

http://247sports.com/player/hayden-henry-90365

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/540905/57f1c563f61708209075bbd8

Awesome.. I'm really excited about this kid.. Watching the Highlights he has great instincts, very good speed and is a good football player.

GREAT PICK UP..

GO HOGS
GO HOGS

King Kong

Reminds me of Vinnie Sunseri. I'm sure he will fall somewhere in between that and Reid Miller.

Very least should really help SP tackling

ballhogger

Whether you like the blue shirt thing or not this is a good move.  This kid can play, and lets not forget they have another younger brother who will be a sophomore who measures more like hunter.

tophawg19

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 31, 2017, 08:16:15 am
If the kid is Burlsworth, then why not give him a scholie straight up right now?
we are running out . this kid likely needs a Red shirt year anyway

Richard Davenport

Hayden will be a big contributor at some point. He takes very few false steps and has great instincts.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 31, 2017, 09:29:32 am
we are running out . this kid likely needs a Red shirt year anyway

And so will many of the current commits. 

imtad16

RD, is Hudson Henry going to be as highly recruited as Hunter?

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: imtad16 on January 31, 2017, 09:48:27 am
RD, is Hudson Henry going to be as highly recruited as Hunter?

His recruitment ends tomorrow.  No, he was not recruited much.

Razorpigg

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 31, 2017, 09:52:00 am

Hudsons recruitment doesnt end tomorrow, Haydens does.

rzrbk4life

Quote from: Richard Davenport on January 31, 2017, 09:42:54 am
Hayden will be a big contributor at some point. He takes very few false steps and has great instincts.

Thanks for the info RD. Looking forward to Hayden being on the hill. WPS
Let's call those hogs!!!!

imtad16

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 31, 2017, 09:52:00 am

The youngest brother, Hudson, in the 2019 class.

Pork Twain

In situations like this, you have to wonder how conversations go in the visits.  We have a lot of holes and not a lot of scholarships, but some youngsters are more than able to pay their own way for a year while they redshirt (does not hurt to have an older brother making NFL money).
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Razorpigg

Quote from: Pork Twain on January 31, 2017, 10:07:28 am
In situations like this, you have to wonder how conversations go in the visits.  We have a lot of holes and not a lot of scholarships, but some youngsters are more than able to pay their own way for a year while they redshirt (does not hurt to have an older brother making NFL money).

Or if he has yet ANOTHER stud brother coming up in 2019 that will be highly recruited.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Razorpigg on January 31, 2017, 09:57:58 am
Hudsons recruitment doesnt end tomorrow, Haydens does.

Yeah, sorry. Running together.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Pork Twain on January 31, 2017, 10:07:28 am

Quote from: Razorpigg on January 31, 2017, 10:09:16 am
Or if he has yet ANOTHER stud brother coming up in 2019 that will be highly recruited.

I'd have to think it all went down as you both say.

imtad16

Quote from: Razorpigg on January 31, 2017, 10:09:16 am

Not to put pressure on Hudson, but I would hate to have to tell the long line of Henry hogs that, "I am not going to Arkansas". Obviously they would support him, but that would be a hard break from a long legacy like that.

SemperFi

Welcome aboard Hayden! Going to be awesome having another Henry wearing a Razorback jersey. WPS!

Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on January 31, 2017, 07:19:38 am
Two years from now there will be a hundred Hogville threads clamorinf for Hayden Henry and Grant Morgan to start at LB

Who will the new coach be?  B/c it likely won't be Bielema if this is what we're running out against Bama...

SamBuckhart

Woo Pig, Hayden Henry!!!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

BigBen

Look if we don't have any big times options left out there this is a good pick up. Redshirt him and you have a 6-2 220 kid with great instincts that can play on every special teams. Then after a year or 2 find a roll for him against some spread teams as a SS/OLB hybrid like Ross Rasner.

King Kong

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 31, 2017, 10:33:19 am
Who will the new coach be?  B/c it likely won't be Bielema if this is what we're running out against Bama...

He doesn't have to bear Bama to keep his job. Just beat the majority of the other schools in the SEC like 2015