Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 first commitment

Started by Huds_HawgTide, January 29, 2016, 10:33:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gibby

Makes a big impression when you send 6 or 7 coaches, including the Head Hog, to the school.  Bam!

PorkRinds

In before tigerdroppings decides he's not good enough for LSU.

MissippHog

From TD:
"This was the hit Derrick Munson put on Swilling that put him out the game... He's a Junior linebacker that's probably better than Guidry and Fulton.."

The_Boot_stops_here

Good news to start the '17 class with a LB.  LB seems to be our toughest sell so I'm glad we're getting a head start

presidenthog

@_ko_bi is one Jakobi jones. not sure where he is from but I'm following.

@_tbaileyyy is the other not sure where he is from either but one of those 2 is another Rummell guy I believe and 1 of those has an offer, I know both wanted/want an ark offer.

Tortfeasor

Holy crap that kid is a stud. I don't care about starts, but this kid will be more than a 3 star by this time next year. I will take 4 more like him please.

Richard Davenport

Holding off on calling it a commitment until he talks to the coaches. Reason I said it looks official is because it looks like it will happen after he talks to the coaches. Will know later this afternoon

Tortfeasor

Quote from: Richard Davenport on January 29, 2016, 11:30:31 am
Holding off on calling it a commitment until he talks to the coaches. Reason I said it looks official is because it looks like it will happen after he talks to the coaches. Will know later this afternoon

They better take his commitment. Kid can play!

presidenthog

Quote from: Richard Davenport on January 29, 2016, 11:30:31 am
I'm sure you are confident we will accept it as soon as he calls them, correct?

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 29, 2016, 11:12:45 am
In before tigerdroppings decides he's not good enough for LSU.
Of course. Isn't that their answer/excuse for every kid that doesn't commit to them-whether or not the kid actually receives an LSU offer?

jjdlc

Quote from: Tortfeasor on January 29, 2016, 11:30:13 am
Holy crap that kid is a stud. I don't care about starts, but this kid will be more than a 3 star by this time next year. I will take 4 more like him please.

Yeah, the 2017 ratings are very incomplete right now.  I don't see any way this kid doesn't end up at least a 4 star.

COCHISE

Quote from: Tortfeasor on January 29, 2016, 11:37:50 am
They better take his commitment. Kid can play!
With the coaches extending him an offer this early, I don't see any way we don't take the commitment.

RaisinHog

Quote from: COCHISE on January 29, 2016, 11:49:50 am
With the coaches extending him an offer this early, I don't see any way we don't take the commitment.

This .. Our coaches do not offer unless they will accept it especially not this early

PorkRinds

Only thing I can see holding it up is if he hasn't visited. 

GalaHawg

Wildhog

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 29, 2016, 12:03:29 pm
Only thing I can see holding it up is if he hasn't visited. 

Hopefully they get out of their own way and accept it, and then get him up here for an unofficial soon.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

COCHISE

He's got an impressive video, especially for a junior.

MP24

January 01, 2019, 08:53:32 am »
I love me some Chelsea Dungee.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Wildhog on January 29, 2016, 12:02:50 pm
Hopefully they get out of their own way and accept it, and then get him up here for an unofficial soon.
You just cant help griping about things that aren't happening, can you?  The kid will be a Hog today.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Wildhog

Quote from: Deep Shoat on January 29, 2016, 12:05:43 pm
You just cant help griping about things that aren't happening, can you?  The kid will be a Hog today.

Huh?  I'm thrilled to get Munson.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Tortfeasor

January 29, 2016, 12:15:19 pm #70 Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 01:42:01 pm by Tortfeasor
Quote from: GalaHawg on January 29, 2016, 12:04:34 pm
Or what?

Great comment. I give you props for your insightfulness. What do you think I meant? The meaning is they better take his commitment or we miss out on one heck of a player at a position where we need depth.

duckman

So how many Rummelbacks does that make?

presidenthog

Quote from: duckman on January 29, 2016, 12:17:24 pm
I think we are up to 4 now. 5 if Fulton comes.

Tortfeasor

You need to trademark that. I think that is 5 so far, including those already there, and hoping to add one more.

COCHISE

Quote from: RaisinHog on January 29, 2016, 12:16:47 pm
5th prospect in 17? I must have missed some lol
Yeah I'm not sure what that means. He's our first commitment but we have lots of prospects.

presidenthog

Quote from: Tortfeasor on January 29, 2016, 12:18:43 pm
You need to trademark that. I think that is 5 so far, including those already there, and hoping to add one more.
tolliver, Eugene, guidry, munson. Fulton will make 5.

Tortfeasor

Quote from: presidenthog on January 29, 2016, 12:20:11 pm
tolliver, Eugene, guidry, munson. Fulton will make 5.

I was partly right. This time next week we will have 5.

hawginbigd1

We definitely need to get that on the twittersphere with some art to Guidry, Fulton, tolliver, Eugene, Munson, and the DT we have offered!

Archbishop Rummelbacks! Like it!

Großer Kriegschwein

Now we went from dudes gettin Spaight'd to dude's gettin Munson'd.

Imagine the possibilities of that.

"That offensive lineman just Munson'd his own QB."
This is my non-signature signature.

duckman

Quote from: Tortfeasor on January 29, 2016, 12:18:43 pm

It is worthy of a Twitter hashtag...

RussVegas Hawg

Quote from: duckman on January 29, 2016, 12:27:27 pm
It is worthy of a Twitter hashtag...

No doubt about it!! #RummelBacks sounds pretty good to me!! That's a lot of talent, as a HS coach myself I'd love to coach that kind of talent yr in yr out WPS!!

PorkRinds

Quote from: Deep Shoat on January 29, 2016, 12:05:43 pm

HE was responding to me.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Wildhog on January 29, 2016, 12:06:10 pm
Huh?  I'm thrilled to get Munson.
It's the "Maybe they can get out of their own way and accept it" that's kind of silly.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Wildhog

Quote from: Deep Shoat on January 29, 2016, 12:29:14 pm
It's the "Maybe they can get out of their own way and accept it" that's kind of silly.

I was responding to PR's post about not accepting his commitment because he hasn't visited.
1909/1964/1965/1977

duckman

Quote from: RussVegas Hawg on January 29, 2016, 12:29:35 pm
No doubt about it!! #RummelBacks sounds pretty good to me!! That's a lot of talent, as a HS coach myself I'd love to coach that kind of talent yr in yr out WPS!!

Had Shari tweet it...

WriterWrong

There sure is a lot of good going on down there at Rummel. Nothing is guaranteed, but with all the love for the Hogs around that football program, I'd be surprised if Fulton doesn't choose us. Opportunity to play with several teammates in the SEC. That's got to be a very, very big draw.

Woo Pig!!!! This staff is doing a heck of a job.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

WriterWrong

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on January 29, 2016, 12:26:45 pm
Now we went from dudes gettin Spaight'd to dude's gettin Munson'd.

Imagine the possibilities of that.

"That offensive lineman just Munson'd his own QB."

Hawgar The Horrible

There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

passinghog

Michael Smith needs a raise ASAP. We finally might have us a great recruiter; you must have a guy that can bring in the horses

Paul

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 29, 2016, 10:48:06 am
Kid is a stud.  Michael Smith is becoming my favorite coach on staff.  With the way his guys played last year, and the recruiting job he's done, we need to lock him down and give him the AHC title that Pittman had.  Dude is flat out doing work!
or maybe recruiting coordinator title & more $$$

PorkRinds

Quote from: Paul on January 29, 2016, 12:59:07 pm
or maybe recruiting coordinator title & more $$$

IMO, we do whatever it takes to keep him here.  This LA pipeline could really push our program to new heights.

yraciv

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Showtimehog on January 29, 2016, 12:54:43 pm
Michael Smith needs a raise ASAP. We finally might have us a great recruiter; you must have a guy that can bring in the horses
I agree and maybe a great lesson for us all. Not that long ago that he was being criticized by some for not doing a good enough job in recruiting. A year or two goes by and "hey, hey what a terrific job he's doing". I suspect in the future that other coaches will come under scrutiny and the subject of complaints by some dissatisfied "fans" who want to see dozens of "home runs" being persuaded each and every class. Maybe, just maybe we should give each coach the benefit of the doubt...

PorkRinds

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on January 29, 2016, 01:01:49 pm
I agree and maybe a great lesson for us all. Not that long ago that he was being criticized by some for not doing a good enough job in recruiting. A year or two goes by and "hey, hey what a terrific job he's doing". I suspect in the future that other coaches will come under scrutiny and the subject of complaints by some dissatisfied "fans" who want to see dozens of "home runs" being persuaded each and every class. Maybe, just maybe we should give each coach the benefit of the doubt...

I agree.  Smith has been doing work since he got here, he's just now starting to see results from making those relationships from when he got here.  Kids that have been recruited by him for years absolutely love the guy.  He's gold for us right now.

Wildhog

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on January 29, 2016, 01:01:49 pm

He's actually been one of our best recruiters since he got here.  This isn't a new development.
1909/1964/1965/1977

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Quote from: Wildhog on January 29, 2016, 12:02:50 pm

that would be a pretty burt thing to do. Get a commit from a likely top 250 player that happens to from a school that is a powerhouse and has high level talent yearly and you happen to be in a recruiting battle to land a 5 star top 3 at his position player and ya go "naaaaahhhhh, let it simmer, lets see what happens down the road."

considering how badly we need players like him and want to attract other top talents from New Orleans and Louisiana as a whole. You take that commitment. You pump up the kid and get him working his tail off to recruit some teammates that are also top shelf talents.

Even if comes NSD in '17 and something happens and the kid isn't a Razorback you still got all that publicity and maybe gotten the attention of other recruits and you land some players that might have shut the door on you before. Put the egos aside and go get that LBr.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

PorkRinds

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on January 29, 2016, 01:39:11 pm
that would be a pretty Bret thing to do. Get a commit from a likely top 250 player that happens to from a school that is a powerhouse and has high level talent yearly and you happen to be in a recruiting battle to land a 5 star top 3 at his position player and ya go "naaaaahhhhh, let it simmer, lets see what happens down the road."

considering how badly we need players like him and want to attract other top talents from New Orleans and Louisiana as a whole. You take that commitment. You pump up the kid and get him working his tail off to recruit some teammates that are also top shelf talents.

Even if comes NSD in '17 and something happens and the kid isn't a Razorback you still got all that publicity and maybe gotten the attention of other recruits and you land some players that might have shut the door on you before. Put the egos aside and go get that LBr.

And now someone takes it to another level.  It wouldn't actually be a "bret thing to do". 

WriterWrong

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on January 29, 2016, 01:39:11 pm
that would be a pretty Bret thing to do. Get a commit from a likely top 250 player that happens to from a school that is a powerhouse and has high level talent yearly and you happen to be in a recruiting battle to land a 5 star top 3 at his position player and ya go "naaaaahhhhh, let it simmer, lets see what happens down the road."

You seem to think Bielema is an idiot when it comes to recruiting.