Ark./Conn. Game

Started by corndo, November 21, 2005, 10:24:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

corndo

hogfankb

urhogdaddi

Hogs,....Nutt,......Heath,......Polish Sausage

Bomis Hawg

I think UConn needs to pay attention to #10.  Think he is going to be a good player. ;D

Almost time to get this game started!

hogbalz

Anyone know a UConn chat board other than rivals?
In doing your work in the great world, it is a safe plan to follow a rule I once heard on the football field: Don't flinch, don't fall; hit the line hard.
--Theodore Roosevelt

If you don't make a total commitment to whatever you're doing, then you start looking to bail out the first time the boat starts leaking. It's tough enough getting that boat to shore with everybody rowing, let alone when a guy stands up and starts putting his jacket on.
--Lou Holtz

corndo

November 21, 2005, 10:27:38 pm #5 Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 10:30:17 pm by corndo
This game will set the tone for the whole season. Judging by what has happened in football and what has happened here at Hogville, I pray it's a positive one! - Lord knows us

fans need some relief!

urhogdaddi

come on ku game get over i am ready to see the hogs win a big game

whatsshakinbacon

tip moved to 10:42 just announced

Bacon out...

urhogdaddi

i hope this game doesn't go to ot

Bomis Hawg

Wow.  I think it has been a good while since I've felt some true excitement prior to a hoops game.  LSU in Fayetteville or Illinois in Little Rock last year.  Prior to that was LSU back in Jan of 2004.

whatsshakinbacon

Wow, Kentucky gonna lose.

Hmmmmm.

Bacon out...

corndo

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on November 21, 2005, 10:31:17 pm
Wow. I think it has been a good while since I've felt some true excitement prior to a hoops game. LSU in Fayetteville or Illinois in Little Rock last year. Prior to that was LSU back in Jan of 2004.

Couldn't agree more!

urhogdaddi

this is a HUGE game for us if only this game was at Bud Walton would i be any more estatic

corndo

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on November 21, 2005, 10:31:37 pm
Wow, Kentucky gonna lose.

Hmmmmm.

Bacon out...

The SEC is not looking very good so far. - minus Florida and hopefully the Hogs.

PintailKiller

This is the game that gets us back in the national spotlight - where we belong.
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

Bomis Hawg

Having UConn, right now, in BWA?  That place would remind you of Pitino v. Nolan from back in the day. 

Florida and Alabama will be electric, I'm sure, late in the season.

Bomis Hawg

You can probably add a WVU win over LSU later on.

urhogdaddi

well boys looks like it is game time  good luck to us and WPS

corndo

Bomis Hawg

Could we equate this UConn game to Arkansas against Tennessee in 98 or Texas in the Cotton Bowl?

whatsshakinbacon

PintailKiller

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on November 21, 2005, 10:36:50 pm
Could we equate this UConn game to Arkansas against Tennessee in 98 or Texas in the Cotton Bowl?

No - I don't think so, only because it is not a conference game or NCAA tourny game.  And it's not in BWA.
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

hogfankb

damn i'm nervous. shut these interviews up. lets see some hog ball

corndo

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on November 21, 2005, 10:36:50 pm

Wow, that's a hard call. The football/basketball comparison is always a tricky one.

Bomis Hawg

Quote from: PintailKiller on November 21, 2005, 10:37:49 pm
No - I don't think so, only because it is not a conference game or NCAA tourny game. And it's not in BWA.

You might be right.

I am thinking the Tennessee game was the game the spotlight was on his.  It was our chance to get back on top.  I think this game is going to our chance, in hoops, to get back on top.

Just thinking, since many of us think this is Arkansas' chance in the spotlight on National TV against a big team.

urhogdaddi

i feel a "W" coming on. I have the feeling i had in my stomach when we beat LSU in LR

hogbalz

wwwwwwwwwwooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
In doing your work in the great world, it is a safe plan to follow a rule I once heard on the football field: Don't flinch, don't fall; hit the line hard.
--Theodore Roosevelt

If you don't make a total commitment to whatever you're doing, then you start looking to bail out the first time the boat starts leaking. It's tough enough getting that boat to shore with everybody rowing, let alone when a guy stands up and starts putting his jacket on.
--Lou Holtz

corndo

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on November 21, 2005, 10:39:59 pm
Quote from: PintailKiller on November 21, 2005, 10:37:49 pm
No - I don't think so, only because it is not a conference game or NCAA tourny game. And it's not in BWA.

You might be right.

I am thinking the Tennessee game was the game the spotlight was on his. It was our chance to get back on top. I think this game is going to our chance, in hoops, to get back on top.

Just thinking, since many of us think this is Arkansas' chance in the spotlight on National TV against a big team.

It could be more pivotal in the fact that this game could signal the resurrection of Arkansas basketball.

corndo

whatsshakinbacon

corndo

hogbalz

--Theodore Roosevelt

--Lou Holtz

whatsshakinbacon

hogfankb

looked very nervous. got to slow down

urhogdaddi

Macgyver_Hawg

What's with us throwing up bad shot after bad shot?

corndo

GrizzledHogFan

Ouch.  UConn shooting 100% so far.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

GrizzledHogFan

#&%# audio stream isn't working on Yahoo!  *sigh*

hogfankb

Swino

GrizzledHogFan

Nice.  We're shooting 16%, they're shooting 83%.

corndo

GrizzledHogFan

Hilton Armstrong Jr. just picked up his 2nd personal foul, for what that's worth.

corndo

Quote from: taintlint on November 21, 2005, 10:50:53 pm
SEE!!! I have said it all along but you "Heath" clowns kept your blinders on. We will always suck with him at the helm. I hope you enjoy this blowout!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not here, not now.

urhogdaddi

nice transition points for hogs. NEED TO GET BACK ON D!!!!!!!!

GrizzledHogFan

This is what I was worried about.  Getting down early.  Need to get some stops on D.

Macgyver_Hawg

I want McCurdy to step on the court.  He makes things happen.

taintlint

Give it up and remember last season. It's just more of the same.

GrizzledHogFan