Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whether you like Stan Heath or not you have got to say this much

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, November 24, 2006, 11:55:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

He is damn good at making 2nd half adjustments...this is the second game in a row where the Offense & Defense were completely redesigned toward the opponent.

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

SPAL

i didnt see any offense to adjust. On defense, we did make adjustments...this is a dang good defensive team.

dbaileyway7

I HAVE BEEN A RAZORBACK BB FAN FOR YEARS , AND A STAN HEATH FAN SINCE HE HAS BEEN HERE. THE MORE GAMES I WATCH THE LESS OF A FAN I AM. I DON'T THINK WE ARE A TOP 20 TEAM NOR DO I THINK WE WILL BE THIS YEAR. I SURE HOPE THAT CHANGES.
     THE LAST YEARS OF NOLAN HAD THREE GUYS , 1 AT THE TOP AND 2 ON THE WINGS PASSING THE BALL TO EACH OTHER UNTIL THE CLOCK RUNS DOWN AND TAKES A THREE. THIS TEAM HAS THAT SAME POTENTIAL. SAD!   

football17

Quote from: dbaileyway7 on November 24, 2006, 11:57:27 am
    I HAVE BEEN A RAZORBACK BB FAN FOR YEARS , AND A STAN HEATH FAN SINCE HE HAS BEEN HERE. THE MORE GAMES I WATCH THE LESS OF A FAN I AM. I DON'T THINK WE ARE A TOP 20 TEAM NOR DO I THINK WE WILL BE THIS YEAR. I SURE HOPE THAT CHANGES.
     THE LAST YEARS OF NOLAN HAD THREE GUYS , 1 AT THE TOP AND 2 ON THE WINGS PASSING THE BALL TO EACH OTHER UNTIL THE CLOCK RUNS DOWN AND TAKES A THREE. THIS TEAM HAS THAT SAME POTENTIAL. SAD!  

You obviously aren't watching the same team I am.... and what's up with the all caps?

dotnet

dotnet

Quote from: football17 on November 24, 2006, 11:58:45 am

You obviously aren't watching the same team I am.... and what's up with the all caps?

That is funny.  Get it, what's up- upper case. 

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: dotnet on November 24, 2006, 11:59:53 am
Quote from: football17 on November 24, 2006, 11:58:45 am

That is funny.  Get it, what's up- upper case. 

All he is doing is copying and pasting the same post over and over...
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 24, 2006, 11:56:59 am
i didnt see any offense to adjust. On defense, we did make adjustments...this is a dang good defensive team.

He put the big men on the perimeter in the second half because Marist just had 4 people at a time sagging into the middle thus the 1-14 shooting.  The second half we were 10-14...
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

TMc

I agree.., he must be watching a different game than the rest of us... , there is actually some offensive potential from several players for once.  Defensively this is going to be the best Stan has had.  I believe in time ..again, we will be a pretty fair team.

HawgAdvocate

The adjustments were that he got better looks for Townes and Thomas. We were being doubled on the low block, and the Hogs weren't cuting or looking for a kick out. So insetad of passing from the wing to the inside, we had a little more drive and dish, which got Thomas going with some clutch jumpers. They also put Weems on Jordan to spell Ervin and keep Jordan from attempting so many open jumpers and making it harder for him to drive and dish.

AND WE MADE FREE THROWS!!!!!!! That alone will lead to more wins this year. Ervin and Beverley were 11-12 from the stripe.

HALLELUJAH!!
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

hogfan x

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on November 24, 2006, 11:55:57 am
He is damn good at making 2nd half adjustments...this is the second game in a row where the Offense & Defense were completely redesigned toward the opponent.

Unlike our Head Football coach
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it." - Lou Holtz, Arkansas

Sigma Alpha Epsilon

Psh, two games is not enough to give Heath the nod as far as adjustments go. Just look at the Bucknell game last year, NOTHING was done in the 2nd half to change things up. Static play held us back A LOT last year and it's part of the reason Ronnie Brewer isn't playing this year. Heath drove Ronnie into the NBA.

HawgAdvocate

Bah, Greg Oden and the other high schoolers not being in the draft drove Ronnie to the NBA.

If there was ever a time to get the best spot in the draft, locking up the best guaranteed money you could get, this past draft was it.

"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

cityhog

Quote from: Sigma Alpha Epsilon on November 24, 2006, 12:08:48 pm
Psh, two games is not enough to give Heath the nod as far as adjustments go. Just look at the Bucknell game last year, NOTHING was done in the 2nd half to change things up. Static play held us back A LOT last year and it's part of the reason Ronnie Brewer isn't playing this year. Heath drove Ronnie into the NBA.

so maybe he learned his lesson the NCAA's last year.  It is only two games bur he HAS made adjustments.  Try seeing the glass as 1/2 full.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Sigma Alpha Epsilon on November 24, 2006, 12:08:48 pm

Your right because any other D-1 coach would have had no trouble influencing a guy that was a lottery pick the turn down Millions of dollars right Sigma Alpha Epsilon 
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Dugann

I don't care much for him but yea he did do good today, thanks goodness.
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

Bomis Hawg

WPS is another fellow hoop fan, so I respect his opinion on this one.

I didn't see the Marist game because I thought it was on later...  But, they did make the adjustments in the SIU game.

Defense is stepping up.  We all know Ervin had the potential to be a stud defensive guy.  But, where are the shooters -- Beverly, Weems, Welsh?

I think when you have that much involvement from new guys its all about adjustments than talent/familiar to the college game.  Heath is trying to get them there this year.

It could be a fun January for this team.