Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How can Stan's firing be justified after the HDN debalce? Let's hear it.

Started by bison23, January 12, 2006, 08:10:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ark Blitz

Atleast Stan can recruit.  When Ark Football plays USC and gets bet 70 - 3.  You call the Independence Bowl and the Mighty Motor City Bowl postseasons.  What a Joke.

hogsanity

Quote from: Ark Blitz on January 12, 2006, 01:02:02 pm
Atleast Stan can recruit. When Ark Football plays USC and gets bet 70 - 3. You call the Independence Bowl and the Mighty Motor City Bowl postseasons. What a Joke.

SO , which is worse.  Having the players and not winning, or not having the players and winning some.  I like Stan, and I will defend him as long as is the HC, but this team, with this talent should not lose at home by only scoring 58 points after having a 12 pt lead. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Ark Blitz

Which is worse?  Of course it is the USC lose.  Atleast in basketball when we go up agaisnt the big name schools like UConn Kansas and Maryland this year we were not blown out.  In Basketball we can atleast compete but Football we get blown out.

hogsanity

USC was ONE GAME.  Dont forget we also took an LSU team that waxed Miami to the wire.  I think the Fb competed with Bama and Ga also.

Let me make sure I understand you.  You would rather have a coach who gets players, but cant motivate them to win, even when they are the more talented team? 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Ark Blitz

What I am saying that if Stan goes Nutt got to go.  No reason for Nutt to get passes each year for going to small time bowls.

hogfan064

Stan can recruit. This is true.  But to be honest how hard can it be to get a kid to come to a program with as nice an on campus arena as you'll find,  a program with tons of tradition, and a fan base that will put 18,000 in the stands.  I see no reason this wouldn't be a hard place to recruit a kid to

hogoh

Whether you are pro/anti Nutt/Heath, the fact that we now have to debate the finer points of suckage between the two is a sad reflection of the state of things on the Hill. 

HawgWyld

Quote from: hogoh on January 12, 2006, 01:20:50 pm
Whether you are pro/anti Nutt/Heath, the fact that we now have to debate the finer points of suckage between the two is a sad reflection of the state of things on the Hill.

Best post in the thread, right there.

HawgWyld

hoggystyle78

Stan will not be fired if he doesn't win another game this year, even if the university isn't racially prejudiced it will surely look and be played out that way by the national media, can you imagine what that would do to recruiting?, nutt and his cronies would use that excuse for the next decade!, you guys just thought the "cloud" was bad, how could we ever compete in the SEC without African American players? Now I could be wrong about the fallout from firing Stan, but will the powers on the hill be willing to take that chance?, it should be very interesting to see how everything plays out. I don't know about the rest of you guys, but given the decisions made lately on the hill, with the exception of hiring Gus and Alex Wood, don't exactly make me feel like they will make the right decision, let's just hope that whatever decision is made that it won't do anymore damage to our program or university.