Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spring game in WMS April 7th

Started by ArKan5a5 KiD, January 25, 2018, 07:05:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ArKan5a5 KiD

Does anyone have a idea or know when the Spring Game will be? I'd like to get tickets to the baseball game that same day since they usually try to coordinate that around a weekend the baseball team is playing at home. Any information would be appreciated.

razorchick73

As far as I've seen, they haven't released any info on it yet.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

I believe the date is actually set by the SEC but ive heard CCM would like to have it much earlier than we did last year.
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

FANONTHEHILL

Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

hobhog

Wow. Yurachek just released it.

Reservoir Hogs

This is an interesting idea...
Says due to the ongoing construction at DWRRS. 

ricepig

Quote from: hobhog on January 25, 2018, 03:08:52 pm
Wow. Yurachek just released it.

Kind of hard to play around the crane, at least we know the date now, April 7th.

Reservoir Hogs

We do not usually have big crowds for spring game, but I figured this year with the excitement of a new offense turnout would be pretty high.
Its nice when they can do it along with a big baseball weekend in Fayetteville.

younghog

GO HOGS

RME

Oh man I can't wait to see this thread in 78 pages.

Justifiable Hogicide

Last AD tried to get all games out of LR, and was forced out.
New AD schedules first on field appearance of new coaching staff at WMS.
Not hard to see how the wind is blowing.

The NewEra

I would bet this will be a full house and there will be big time partying on the golf course for the Spring Game.

This was a great move by the new AD.

steveaustin69

Quote from: The NewEra on January 25, 2018, 03:18:48 pm
I would bet this will be a full house and there will be big time partying on the golf course for the Spring Game.

You take that bet? I take that bet.

The NewEra

Quote from: steveaustin69 on January 25, 2018, 03:19:19 pm
You take that bet? I take that bet.

How nice a house you got?

I was thinking more along the lines of a coke.  But if you want to put your coleman tent up against my coke I'll take it.  I hate to take your only place of residence though.

Busta_Nutt

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hobhog

Quote from: The NewEra on January 25, 2018, 03:18:48 pm

And not on Derby Day to boot. I think it will be well attended too.

hobhog

Hog Fan...DOH!

I actually think this is a great idea.

ricepig

Quote from: hobhog on January 25, 2018, 03:25:58 pm
And not on Derby Day to boot. I think it will be well attended too.

But the middle of a home SEC baseball series, that's about 7-10,000 that won't be there, like the students.

hawganatic

Always thought playing the spring game in Central Arkansas would be a great idea.  I know it's "because of construction," but it's a way to keep the entire state engaged without giving up another game in Fayetteville.

And I bet it draws 50+...

The NewEra

You're right.  Home game at Baum.  Military Appreciation Day. 

hobhog

Quote from: ricepig on January 25, 2018, 03:29:51 pm
But the middle of a home SEC baseball series, that's about 7-10,000 that won't be there, like the students.

Not sure students ever really get fired up about spring game. I predict well attended regardless and hope they go support baseball team...

Hog N Bama

steveaustin69

Quote from: ricepig on January 25, 2018, 03:29:51 pm

Not many students go to the game as is

The_Iceman

I've suggested this for a while, and I am anti-WMS. I think the Spring Game should be in Little Rock, and the Mizzou game every other year. That's it.

hawganatic

hobhog

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 25, 2018, 03:38:41 pm
I've suggested this for a while, and I am anti-WMS. I think the Spring Game should be in Little Rock, and the Mizzou game every other year. That's it.

One time exception to SEC rule. Don't see this happening again.

phadedhawg

I don't see how this ends up being a big draw but still a decent idea. 

The NewEra

This was the AD's reasoning and it makes sense to me:

"One thing that has become abundantly clear to Coach Morris and me is the importance of the Razorbacks throughout the state. From every corner and region, people are Calling the Hogs. To better connect our new staff and program across the state this Spring, Coach Morris and I have decided that we will be taking the spring game to War Memorial Stadium on April 7.
This will provide an opportunity for Razorback fans in Central Arkansas to meet Coach Morris and his team and for each of us to get to know you. While staging an off-campus spring game is not traditionally permissible per conference guidelines, we appreciate the Southeastern Conference accommodating our request. The change in venue will also benefit the ongoing construction at Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium."

"In addition to the traditional spring game in Central Arkansas, we are planning a family friendly event in Northwest Arkansas as well. Many more details are to come, but I wanted to share with you some of the exciting things to be looking forward to this spring."

This should be good for the new staff to play the game there as well as the new players.  Being a Spring game it doesn't place any undue travel hardship on the team that an in season game would.  I think the folks in Central Arkansas will appreciate it.  We'll see, but I think the turnout will be good, especially since it's free and the first opportunity to see the new offense and defense in action.  It seems to me to be a good PR move.

ricepig

Quote from: steveaustin69 on January 25, 2018, 03:36:02 pm
Not many students go to the game as is
I should have made that a little clearer, it was suppose to say 7-10,000 Razorback fans attending the baseball game won't be there, plus the students.

The NewEra

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 25, 2018, 03:38:41 pm

I share your opinion exactly.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ricepig on January 25, 2018, 03:44:42 pm
I should have made that a little clearer, it was suppose to say 7-10,000 Razorback fans attending the baseball game won't be there, plus the students.

You are assuming those would have attended the football game. But there will be plenty of folks down that way to make up that difference.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

(notOM)Rebel123

The Hogs used to play a Spring game in WMS and in Fayetteville.
I attended the 1973 Spring Game in WMS.

AHiD

Why do people want games in LR? LSU fans don't demand games in New Orleans.
My name...is Jerruh

steveaustin69

Quote from: Arkansas Hog in Dallas on January 25, 2018, 03:59:52 pm

And we're off!

(notOM)Rebel123

Why did you ask this? Geez.

ricepig

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 25, 2018, 03:55:44 pm
You are assuming those would have attended the football game. But there will be plenty of folks down that way to make up that difference.

Well, a 1pm football game and a 6pm baseball game usually allow for folks to attend both. I suspect that the top 10 ranked baseball team will draw well. The record crowd for a Rec/White game in LR is 31,000 according to the ADG.

ricepig

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 25, 2018, 04:03:05 pm
Why did you ask this? Geez.

Did you seriously think we would avoid that subject???

AHiD

My name...is Jerruh

GringoHog

I am against games continuing at WMS........

I have never considered attending a spring game.

I LOVE THIS MOVE......And I will be attending the game
"There are Lions, Tigers and Bears ,but there ain't but one Razorback!" - HDN The Great

AirWarren

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ricepig on January 25, 2018, 04:06:49 pm
Did you seriously think we would avoid that subject???

Absolutely not. Surprised it took that long. 😀

hawganatic

What do LSU fans have to do with where we play our games?

RME

Coming from Arkansas Hog in Dallas, that's rich.

Why do we play a game in Dallas? LSU doesn't play a game in Houston.

parallaxpig

That's because they have eaten too much oil soaked shrimp.........
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

Craig O Squeal

Probably a non-event as it relates to their reasoning, but it also gives the team an opportunity to learn what a road game scenario will look like under CCM. It's almost a dry run prior to the season beginning and could allow all aspects of the team to learn the logistics and expectations from this new staff.

Vantage 8 dude

Whether one believes in playing any regular season games at WMS, I think this is a very interesting and positive idea. While it's obviously not anything that actually counts (except obviously for the players), it at least gives some fans in the central, eastern and southern parts of the state and early look at the team and the new staff. I think it also sends a message, subtle or not, that the PTB in the Athletic Department, understand/recognize that other parts of the state would like to be able to see the Hogs without necessarily driving to Fayetteville for a spring game.

The construction at DWRRS may be a convenient excuse/reason. However, whatever it works in this case.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hobhog on January 25, 2018, 03:26:53 pm
There was more construction going on last year....just sayin.

Building is a little different than demolition.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi