Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

South Carolina at Arkansas 2007...

Started by Michael_E_Davis, October 06, 2017, 08:32:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael_E_Davis

October 06, 2017, 08:32:17 am Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 09:01:53 am by Michael_E_Davis
They are playing the game on television right now,  and  while I am watching it,  I realized how ahead of the times we were as far as offense.  I mean,  running the quarterback,   letting Mcfadden pass the the ball.  Lots of trick plays, the wild hog. I mean,  no one was running an offense like that then. 

I guess Houston Nutt,  when he was able to get the team working right,  had us pretty good.   Was Malzahn our offensive coach in 2007?  I am not up on the details of our personal over the years.  But, we look like Auburn.

Also,  they commentators mentioned how childish the fire Houston Nutt banners were.   Why were fans flying those banners in 2007?  I don't remember it.  It looked like we were a good team in 2007.
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

FutureMan

Malzhan was at Tulsa during that year.  He was only our OC for 2006; though you can still see his schemes influenced the 2007 year.

That year was my senior year at Arkansas.  I remember being at the game and I remember it vividly.  It was a great performance. 
"Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
- E.E. Cummings

Razorbackers

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on October 06, 2017, 08:32:17 am
They are playing the game on television right now,  and  while I am watching it,  I realized how ahead of the times we were as far as offense.  I mean,  running the quarterback,   letting Mcfadden pass the the ball.  Lots of trick plays, the wild hog. I mean,  no one was running an offense like that then. 

I guess Houston Nutt,  when he was able to get the team working right,  had us pretty good.   Was Malzahn our offensive coach in 2007?  I am not up on the details of our personal over the years.  But, we look like Auburn.

Yeah that year we still had a lot of Malzahn's playbook. It also helped that McFadden was a once in a lifetime player for Arkansas for sure.

razorcash2

Yea Nutt, nor Danny deserve credit for that...90% of those ideas were brought to Arkansas by Gus in 2006.

On a funny side note, Nutt claims Danny was the first to use the "Wildhog", against Alabama in 1999... So arrogant...and ignorant.

If Matt Jones hadn't of shown up in 2001, it's unlikely Nutt would have lasted past the 2003 or 04 season.

Not sure I've ever seen one player, at that level, completely take over and win football games like MJ did.

rlamb

Gus was the Hogs offensive co-ordinator in only 2007 when we went 10-4 and were ranked
5th or 6th or so going into the LSU game in Little Rock that year with a 10 game winning streak,
which they stopped. The South Carolina game was in 07' and McFadden could have gained 500
yards on them if he hadn't been sharing carries with Felix and I remember him getting
his bell rung early in that game and missing a few series, also.

To answer your question, the sleezy Nutt was using a "fan" in Little Rock to write or text
Mitch Mustain nasty letters that helped cause his eventual transfer to Southern Cal. That's
a whole multiple year's topic on here around 2007 and 2008 about Nutt and his sneaky, blame
anyone but himself, childish, despicable actions to players, parents and fans during this time
frame.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: rlamb on October 07, 2017, 02:36:22 am
Gus was the Hogs offensive co-ordinator in only 2007 when we went 10-4 and were ranked
5th or 6th or so going into the LSU game in Little Rock that year with a 10 game winning streak,
which they stopped. The South Carolina game was in 07' and McFadden could have gained 500
yards on them if he hadn't been sharing carries with Felix and I remember him getting
his bell rung early in that game and missing a few series, also.

To answer your question, the sleezy Nutt was using a "fan" in Little Rock to write or text
Mitch Mustain nasty letters that helped cause his eventual transfer to Southern Cal. That's
a whole multiple year's topic on here around 2007 and 2008 about Nutt and his sneaky, blame
anyone but himself, childish, despicable actions to players, parents and fans during this time
frame.
The hit that rung McFadden's bell was a hit so hard that a mere mortal would have been out the rest of the season. Darren so loved the UA, the state of Arkansas and his hometown of Little Rock that nothing was going to keep him from running through, around, by, past and over the Gamecocks that night. Darren was one of a kind in his loyalty to his team and the Hogs fans. I think the dirtiest thing the national media in cahoots with the SEC office awarded the Heisman trophy to Tim Tebow and UF. I remember that night in 2007 when Darren sat there waiting to win the Heisman trophy that he so richly deserved and it was given to an inferior player from Florida. The look on Darren's face was utter disbelief. It was like he was thinking, "what do I have to do to win that trophy". Such a shame and years later we can assure ourselves that the Heisman that year wasn't given to the best player in college football but to the most admired player. Spurrier, even after Darren ran for 321 yards against his team left Darren off of his ballot. Awful. So I hope we beat South Carolina by 40 later today.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

BoarnSupremacy

McFadden got screwed outta Heisman that year.  One of the worst snubs in history.  Only the year before was worse....Troy Smith (?).

PonderinHog

Didn't Mcfadden have over 100 yards in that game ???  If he had shown out he might have won the Heisman...

Pork Ranger

Quote from: PonderinHog on October 07, 2017, 07:20:55 am
Didn't Mcfadden have over 100 yards in that game ???  If he had shown out he might have won the Heisman...

McFadden tied H Walkers rushing record that game with 321. He originally had 323 but they went back and reviewed, deleting 2 yards..

Man, 2 hiesman snubs and the single game rushing record?? C'mon man

Swestwill66

Didn't Arkansas play at S C in 2007 ? When McFadden had 321 ?

I remember Carolina had just scored and the cameras were showing their sideline when McFadden went about 80 yards untouched for a td. The look on their faces was priceless!  Their running back just sat there, mouth open watching the replay on the big screen!

PonderinHog

Quote from: Swestwill66 on October 07, 2017, 08:32:37 am
Didn't Arkansas play at S C in 2007 ? When McFadden had 321 ?

I remember Carolina had just scored and the cameras were showing their sideline when McFadden went about 80 yards untouched for a td. The look on their faces was priceless!  Their running back just sat there, mouth open watching the replay on the big screen!
No.