Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Congrats to our players on a good comeback win today

Started by forrest city joe, October 28, 2017, 02:32:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

forrest city joe

Proud of every last one of them.they won this game despite the pitiful coaching calls in this game.this coaching staff gives these players almost no chance to win. i love our players. wish they had a coach who could help them win.

damgoodestuffyhog

Quote from: forrest city joe on October 28, 2017, 02:32:10 pm
Proud of every last one of them.they won this game despite the pitiful coaching calls in this game.this coaching staff gives these players almost no chance to win. i love our players. wish they had a coach who could help them win.

Agreed great game! Things BB deserves credit for 1. Finding a kicker who will make the play. 2. Starting CK and having him somewhat ready 3. Feeding the hot players slightly more than usual. 4. Winning the first five minutes of the third quarter which is apparently a thing now.

FCJ posts:

Basketball wins: congrats to Mike Anderson
Football wins: congrats to players

jmb1973

Quote from: Karma on October 28, 2017, 02:47:54 pm
FCJ posts:

Yea, he is a DA. Same illiterate crap every time he posts.

Hoggish1

FCJ posts:

Ain't that the truth.  But at least he was able to give a back-handed complement.

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

gchamblee

FCJ posts:

the color of the coaches skin matters to fcj

HawgWild

DeltaBoy

First win when behind at the Half under Bret.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Atlhogfan1

Where is your the players have quit thread?  Out of all Hog message board trolls
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Bubba's Bruisers

Um, yes, BB sucks, but He and the staff deserve credit too.  Coming back from 31-7 isn't just the players.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

forrest city joe

FCJ posts:

I call it like i see it.always happy when the Hogs win. but 11 sec wins in 5 years(4 against Ole Miss)is not going to get it. i am happy for our players and fans.coaching almost lost this game.

FelixJonesorDMAC?

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 28, 2017, 03:04:31 pm
Where is your the players have quit thread?  Out of all Hog message board trolls
Hogville Made Man

elksnort

Quote from: gchamblee on October 28, 2017, 02:59:26 pm
the color of the coaches skin matters to fcj
In fairness, I don't think you are correct about this.

gchamblee

Quote from: elksnort on October 28, 2017, 03:14:56 pm
In fairness, I don't think you are correct about this.

like fcj says, i call it like i see it

hog of steele

CBB had some solid coaching moments in this game. Clock management at the end was a shining moment.

elksnort

Quote from: hog of steele on October 28, 2017, 03:17:09 pm
CBB had some solid coaching moments in this game. Clock management at the end was a shining moment.
Yes. They did what they should have.

hog of steele

Quote from: elksnort on October 28, 2017, 03:22:14 pm
Yes. They did what they should have.

How many times have teams messed that up? If I had asked you if he could do it 3 hours ago, you would have said no. So it is new evidence.

Appreciate the good. It makes complaining about the bad more honest.

clutch

Quote from: hog of steele on October 28, 2017, 03:24:21 pm
How many times have teams messed that up? If I had asked you if he could do it 3 hours ago, you would have said no. So it is new evidence.

Appreciate the good. It makes complaining about the bad more honest.

People underestimate the difficulty of clock management late in the game. It's pretty easy to do from home, or in the stands, but it's a whole different animal down on the sidelines. So many emotions running high down there that things get chaotic. The staff did an excellent job late in the game today.

The only real question mark I had from the second half today was the 4th and 1 call. Terrible run defense, a 270lb QB, and 1 yard to go. No need for trickery.

Swestwill66

Proud of the hogs today ! They didn't quit when down 31-7. Kept fighting and found a way to win.

Farmer Hogget

Um, it was the coaching calls that put the players in the position to win. 

Vantage 8 dude

Most of us have really been on the team's rear hard this season and with good reason. However, whatever else me might say they most certainly DIDN'T give up even when they fell way behind in the first half. And for the first time in FOREVER they actually came out in the second half, proven they were indeed still alive and actually won the game.

It won't go down in the annuals of Razorback football as either a classic or particularly memorable win against a truly BAD OM team. However, it will go down as a "W" and after all, that's what TRUE fans root for. And it matter not who's the HC.

SPAL

FCJ posts:

+1000