Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jack Anderson to Texas Tech

Started by Music City Hog, October 05, 2015, 08:19:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokehouse

Quote from: ricepig on October 07, 2015, 12:09:15 pm
I thought so, his little green light is on.

I've just got Hogville up in the background while I breeze through this research
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

ricepig

Quote from: Smokehouse on October 07, 2015, 01:11:24 pm
I've just got Hogville up in the background while I breeze through this research

So, I'm guessing you are going to ask for an extension?

tbhogfan

Quote from: Smokehouse on October 06, 2015, 06:49:36 pm
I'm wondering what percentage of HUNH spread team lineman are drafted, how their average draft stock compares to more pro-set lineman, and what the comparison between average tenure in the NFL looks like.

Of course, there would be a lot of endogeneity issues with looking into that (the best lineman may self-select to pro-set teams, and a higher percentage of schools lacking in talent probably run HUNH spread systems to try and use big play variance to overcome the talent gap), but it'd be interesting if someone could do a study and control for that.

Greg Robinson from Auburn was the first OL chosen in the 2014 Draft, and he is now a starter for the Rams. 

I just looked at OL's drafted from 2013-2015.  The vast majority selected are from the "usual suspect" schools.  I'm not sure there are enough true HUNH teams to make a great statistical comparison.

Go Hogs!

Smokehouse

Quote from: ricepig on October 07, 2015, 01:17:00 pm
So, I'm guessing you are going to ask for an extension?

Give me until noon on Friday and I'll have a properly collated report on your desk
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

ricepig

Quote from: Smokehouse on October 07, 2015, 03:51:32 pm
Give me until noon on Friday and I'll have a properly collated report on your desk

Color?

Smokehouse

Quote from: ricepig on October 07, 2015, 03:52:12 pm
Color?

It will be printed on the backs of old NFL signing bonus checks.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: COACHINTEXAS on October 05, 2015, 08:47:57 pm
Don't look to get many more; coach B pissed a lot of people off down here

can you elaborate on this? why? what actions specifically?

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Raiderman on October 06, 2015, 08:15:58 am
His dad was a fraternity brother of mine at Texas Tech. His sister currently goes to Tech and Jack was raised on Tech football. So you're right, he's always wanted to play for Tech. However, he vetted other schools in case he didn't feel like Kingsbury was starting to turn things around at Tech. I guess he's got a good feeling now.

Thanks
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

texas tush hog

Quote from: redeye on October 05, 2015, 10:33:58 pm
Did his father play for Texas Tech?  If so, then this isn't so surprising.

As a matter of fact he did. Was raised up to be a Red Raider. No different than Hunter Henry, Billy Ray Smith Jr or Jay, Chris & Jake Bequette. Nothing to see here, move on.

mckinneyhog5

Never head of him and if he goes to Taco Tech probably will never hear about him again.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 05, 2015, 08:53:10 pm
You're full of it.

No he's not you are!!!

If you don't think popping off your mouth and then not backing it up hurts your dense.  We are playing a scheme most of Texas(and Arkansas) isn't, then we turn around and loose to TT and aTm right after that.  Fertile grounds for negative recruiting. 

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on October 09, 2015, 10:24:14 am
No he's not you are!!!

If you don't think popping off your mouth and then not backing it up hurts your dense.  We are playing a scheme most of Texas(and Arkansas) isn't, then we turn around and loose to TT and aTm right after that.  Fertile grounds for negative recruiting.

To back Cinco here, this is one area I wish CBB would improve in.  He does tend to talk a little too much and as of late it has come back to bite us - foot in mouth moments don't look good for a football program.  If our model is 1-0, our only focus should be on our team and our upcoming game.  Not other teams schedules, philosophies, etc.