Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jack Anderson to Texas Tech

Started by Music City Hog, October 05, 2015, 08:19:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Music City Hog

Wildhog

Figured.

He was having a good laugh at our expense after the TT game. Kept tweeting about KK cracking him up.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

I guess we should give up on Texas high school o-linemen, besides Zach Rogers, nobody wants to play "real" football. They must like the prairie dog look.

hoofer

If we beat teams like TT and A&M (like we should have the past 2 years), we would not have to fight an uphill battle. Just think if we could say we beat Texas, beat Texas Tech twice, and beat Texas A&M twice. All in past 2 years. Come play real football. But we can't say that. Winning cures everything and we have to start winning.

COACHINTEXAS

Don't look to get many more; coach B pissed a lot of people off down here
No one plans to fail, they fail to plan!!!!

PorkRinds

Quote from: COACHINTEXAS on October 05, 2015, 08:47:57 pm

You're full of it.

ChicoHog

Still 18 months to go for that guy.  Things may change.

Scott7703

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 05, 2015, 08:53:10 pm
You're full of it.

I don't think he is. Our coach had trouble knowing when to be quite and it doesn't settle well with some.

ricepig

Quote from: Scott7703 on October 05, 2015, 09:00:13 pm
I don't think he is. Our coach had trouble knowing when to be quite and it doesn't settle well with some.
Quite what, quite entertaining, quite funny, quite gregarious??

Hogfan46

This kid was offered by everybody.  So what did Saban, Malzahn, Fisher, Stoops, Briles, Miles and about 30 other coaches do to piss of Texas HS coaches so he didn't pick their schools??  If he picked TT with an offer list like that, he obviously just really wants to go there.

ChicoHog

If he stays committed to TT that will probably be the highest ranked recruit they have signed in years. 

BigSexyHog

So glad we keep having so much success in texass
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

ricepig

Quote from: BigSexyHog on October 05, 2015, 09:36:37 pm

I figure it's your fault.

redeye

Quote from: ChicoHog on October 05, 2015, 08:54:50 pm
Still 18 months to go for that guy.  Things may change.

He seemed very interested in Arkansas for months and I wonder if Kingsbury's post-game comments weren't meant for Anderson now.  Regardless, I'll be shocked if he sticks with Texas Tech, because that seems like career suicide.

redeye

Quote from: BigSexyHog on October 05, 2015, 09:36:37 pm

Same attitude you had when Diesch was committed and Anderson looked like he eventually would commit, so why would I expect anything different now?

OGR69

Quote from: ricepig on October 05, 2015, 08:26:28 pm
I guess we should give up on Texas high school o-linemen, besides Zach Rogers, nobody wants to play "real" football. They must like the prairie dog look.
beg to differ

ricepig

Scott7703

Quote from: ricepig on October 05, 2015, 09:01:42 pm
Quite what, quite entertaining, quite funny, quite gregarious??

Don't be that guy man. You know exactly what I'm talking about whether quiet or quite is the word used.

LRrazorback

Quote from: hoofer on October 05, 2015, 08:41:39 pm
If we beat teams like TT and A&M (like we should have the past 2 years), we would not have to fight an uphill battle. Just think if we could say we beat Texas, beat Texas Tech twice, and beat Texas A&M twice. All in past 2 years. Come play real football. But we can't say that. Winning cures everything and we have to start winning.

Don't forget UTEP

ricepig

Quote from: Scott7703 on October 05, 2015, 10:00:49 pm
Don't be that guy man. You know exactly what I'm talking about whether quiet or quiet is the word used.

No, I don't know what you are talking about, and, unless you have direct knowledge, you don't either.

OGR69

redeye

Did his father play for Texas Tech?  If so, then this isn't so surprising.

Oklahawg

Good grief. CBB was guilty of doing what a 1000 coaches before him have done at coaching conventions. This is a non-issue in the big picture.

Tech's advantage? They beat UA, almost beat TCU and look like 3rd place in the conference is reasonable. That they are making hay is not a shock. Long-term, guys, think long-term. End of this recruiting season will have players we like. A lot.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

RazorPiggie

If your state is running up tempo why in the hell would you bring in a run first coach to talk. This is the real question.

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: hoofer on October 05, 2015, 08:41:39 pm

Then why didn't he pick Bama, LSU, Florida State, Baylor, etc.?  Sometimes players just like a certain college and coach.  Apparently we could have won 20 games over the last two years and it wouldn't have made a difference in this case.  Get over it. 

ricepig

Quote from: Oklahawg on October 05, 2015, 10:58:11 pm
Good grief. CBB was guilty of doing what a 1000 coaches before him have done at coaching conventions. This is a non-issue in the big picture.

Tech's advantage? They beat UA, almost beat TCU and look like 3rd place in the conference is reasonable. That they are making hay is not a shock. Long-term, guys, think long-term. End of this recruiting season will have players we like. A lot.

Yeah, but Jack is a 2017 guy.

gmarv

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on October 06, 2015, 07:28:04 am
Then why didn't he pick Bama, LSU, Florida State, Baylor, etc.?  Sometimes players just like a certain college and coach.  Apparently we could have won 20 games over the last two years and it wouldn't have made a difference in this case.  Get over it. 
well..... that can,t be right its always cbbs fault or maybe its bas fault.aw h*@l  i know its one or the other.

Raiderman

Quote from: Hogfan46 on October 05, 2015, 09:05:13 pm
This kid was offered by everybody.  So what did Saban, Malzahn, Fisher, Stoops, Briles, Miles and about 30 other coaches do to piss of Texas HS coaches so he didn't pick their schools??  If he picked TT with an offer list like that, he obviously just really wants to go there.

His dad was a fraternity brother of mine at Texas Tech. His sister currently goes to Tech and Jack was raised on Tech football. So you're right, he's always wanted to play for Tech. However, he vetted other schools in case he didn't feel like Kingsbury was starting to turn things around at Tech. I guess he's got a good feeling now.

Wildhog

Quote from: Raiderman on October 06, 2015, 08:15:58 am
His dad was a fraternity brother of mine at Texas Tech. His sister currently goes to Tech and Jack was raised on Tech football. So you're right, he's always wanted to play for Tech. However, he vetted other schools in case he didn't feel like Kingsbury was starting to turn things around at Tech. I guess he's got a good feeling now.

Makes sense.  Thanks for the insight.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: Raiderman on October 06, 2015, 08:15:58 am
No, no, no...he went to Tech because all of Texas hates Bielema.  You didn't know?

TNhawgfan

LOL I'm sure an 18 year old kid is concerned with what a coach says at a high school coaches conference
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

TexasRazorback

Its one Texas kid who picked a Texas school. Good for him lets all move on. Its not one thing BB did to lose him or KK did to get him. Growing up in the state of Texas he has had friends go to tech, UT, A&M etc. He picked Tech and its not all that surprising. he will start right away and go to a giant party school. some kids look for amenities of a school, (parties, girls, $$$ under the table), while others look at the program and how they will be best prepared for the next level. Move on from this kid. Hope the KID does well at Tech. Now lets go get our uncommon MEN for our team

The Hogfather

passinghog

He picked Texas Tech over all those other schools mentioned. Yawn.

Oklahawg

Quote from: ricepig on October 06, 2015, 07:30:35 am
Yeah, but Jack is a 2017 guy.

Correct. And, we have the 2016 season to woo Mr Anderson our directions.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Raiderman

Raiderman

Peppa Pig

October 06, 2015, 12:39:08 pm #37 Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 03:35:16 pm by Peppa Pig

This is just a ridiculous statement.

CBB's comments will have absolute ZERO impact on recruiting.  That whole thing was a story for about one day and then the rest of the world quit caring about it, except for us message board posters.

It was never even a big deal to start with.  KK had an opportunity to take a swing at BB, so he took it.  Kliff isn't used to winning so he didn't know how to do it with class, so he took a shot.  BB fired back and it was over.  Now Kliff is marching back to .500 where he belongs and the rest of the world has moved on.

I promise you no high level recruits or coaches are concerned with some random comments from a convention.  There are a billion other factors they consider before any of that nonsense.

LJHOG

This upsets me.  I'd probably be really mad, if I knew who the guy is.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: RazorPiggie on October 06, 2015, 06:45:56 am
If your state is running up tempo why in the hell would you bring in a run first coach to talk. This is the real question.

I was wondering the same thing when I saw he was the speaker. I bet they had more than one speaker though. I know when I've gone to any type of convention there were several speakers.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

The Hogfather

If a player wants to grow up to be an immature, cocky, narcissistic, loudmouth has-been, there is no place better than Texas Tech under Kaitlyn Kingsbury.

bigdaddyhawg

A lot of people are always pissed off "down here", no matter the excuse.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Big Nasty 34

The odd thing is that the HS he plays for runs a polar opposite offense compared to Tech. Will be a big adjustment going from Wing T to Techs offense. Very interesting unless he truly is a fan.

Smokehouse

Quote from: RazorPiggie on October 06, 2015, 06:45:56 am

Probably because at the time he talked he had just pounded Tech and UT and played an A&M team expected to win to overtime.

In one of the other threads someone shared a bunch of tweets from Texas coaches who had really positive things to say about Bielema's talk.

It's unfortunate that he got some egg on his face to start this season, but it is what it is. Take care of the teams we should beat from here on out and maybe win one unexpected one and the good time feelings are probably back on.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Smokehouse

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on October 06, 2015, 05:42:09 pm
The odd thing is that the HS he plays for runs a polar opposite offense compared to Tech. Will be a big adjustment going from Wing T to Techs offense. Very interesting unless he truly is a fan.

I'm wondering what percentage of HUNH spread team lineman are drafted, how their average draft stock compares to more pro-set lineman, and what the comparison between average tenure in the NFL looks like.

Of course, there would be a lot of endogeneity issues with looking into that (the best lineman may self-select to pro-set teams, and a higher percentage of schools lacking in talent probably run HUNH spread systems to try and use big play variance to overcome the talent gap), but it'd be interesting if someone could do a study and control for that.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

ricepig

Quote from: Smokehouse on October 06, 2015, 06:49:36 pm
I'm wondering what percentage of HUNH spread team lineman are drafted, how their average draft stock compares to more pro-set lineman, and what the comparison between average tenure in the NFL looks like.

Of course, there would be a lot of endogeneity issues with looking into that (the best lineman may self-select to pro-set teams, and a higher percentage of schools lacking in talent probably run HUNH spread systems to try and use big play variance to overcome the talent gap), but it'd be interesting if someone could do a study and control for that.

I nominate you!

Smokehouse

Quote from: ricepig on October 06, 2015, 06:55:20 pm
I nominate you!

I'm taking comprehensive exams in my doctoral program this month, have a two week old daughter, and need to have significant work done on my dissertation before applying for jobs next fall. You'll be waiting a while for me to get around to it :D

ricepig

Quote from: Smokehouse on October 06, 2015, 07:15:06 pm
I'm taking comprehensive exams in my doctoral program this month, have a two week old daughter, and need to have significant work done on my dissertation before applying for jobs next fall. You'll be waiting a while for me to get around to it :D

Thursday will be fine.

The Hogfather

ricepig