Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Diesch Decommits (official)

Started by Wildhog, October 05, 2015, 01:18:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

Quote from: TNRazorbacker on October 05, 2015, 03:43:19 pm
Petrino didn't run the spread. He runs a pro set much more similar to Bielemas offense than the spread. They just run it in different ways. Any scheme can be successful. It's how you execute that matters most.

Correct. Very similar in that they use pro sets. Petrino is just better at combining routes to open up big plays.

Oklahawg

This is not system. This is connection with coaches + playing time + potential for elite seasons. The spread system does not work so well for OL as it does for offensive skill position players.

Some around here were questioning his "elite" status a week or two ago, now a new crew thinks the sky is falling. Pathetic.

We have a track record of exceeding reasonable expectations recruiting OL.

I posted last week that I feel that Diesch was going to be a big-time OT in time. I suspect we have a backup plan.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

RazorPiggie

Not worried one bit about Oline recruiting with this staff.

hammer66

Quote from: Reesedogg000 on October 05, 2015, 02:49:07 pm
Well remember folks what Texas Tech coach Kliff Kingsbury said Bielema did at that Texas high school coaches convention this past summer. Now Bielema has gone on the record defending those comments when Kingsbury attacked him but it was confirmed it did happen. Now Bielema said it was sort of taken out of context etc. A national media guy went on the Bo show and said he reached out to several prominent TX high school coaches who were at the convention and they confirmed Bielema's comments. They even added that several of the high school coaches were frustrated by Bielema's comments. I mean don't most Texas high schools run the spread. So let's really think about this, does our struggles in Texas surprise us really considering BB is ruffling feathers with high school coaches down there?

I have a good friend here in Houston who is an assistant HS coach and he says their staff loves the Hog coaches, and they run the spread.
I'm sure it's just like any group of people, some will love you, some will like you, some aren't sure, and some can't stand you.

island hog

Hog coaches are building a relationship with numerous coaches down in our area as well...some of the best football played in Texas is here.  Manvel is a good example ( ie. Carmouche, Penneman (sp), etc)

Hou-Hog

To be honest, I would rather use the scholarship on a different position (LB or CB or WR)

GuvHog

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 05, 2015, 03:44:51 pm
Correct. Very similar in that they use pro sets. Petrino is just better at combining routes to open up big plays.

Actually Petrino referred to his offensive system as the Power Spread.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

onebadrubi

Quote from: GuvHog on October 05, 2015, 04:49:12 pm

He liked his women the same. 

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: Hou-Hog on October 05, 2015, 04:47:44 pm
To be honest, I would rather use the scholarship on a different position (LB or CB or WR)

They need to sign four. They're still trying to get the numbers and depth back to where it needs to be.

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: ricepig on October 05, 2015, 02:50:06 pm
KJ?

Yeah, brain not working good today. My point is there has only been three that haven't stayed committed. That's a pretty good percentage. 

pigture perfect

I will not have any ill feeling toward the young man unless he signs with another SEC team, or until he plays against us. I really would like to see us get him back, but I know that's highly unlikely.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

OGR69

Having a son that plays on the OL next to Kellen-I can tell you the comments made (as well as the record) had very little to do with this.  Our coach has only 1 school he dislikes-but he does not let that cause a kid to lose looks or offers-he just does not go out of his way to help them (and they are not a P5 school).  Our 2 OL coaches are old school and would love to run the ground and pound (and try to somewhat on the side these 2 play on). 
I have my thoughts on why he de-committed-talked to his parents about it and know how they feel about it. 

Wildhog

Quote from: OGR69 on October 05, 2015, 05:09:16 pm
I have my thoughts on why he de-committed-talked to his parents about it and know how they feel about it. 

Care to elaborate?
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

OGR69

Quote from: Wildhog on October 05, 2015, 05:11:17 pm
Care to elaborate?
Not particularly-it is just my opinion and I don't want to throw the kid under the bus, especially if my opinion is not correct.  Kellen is a great kid and comes from a tight knit, great family.
In reading my comment from above-I did not mean to insinuate I talked to his parents about my opinion-what I neant was I talked to them about him changing his mind.  We actually knew about it early last week, but did not say anything here since they are friends, play side by side and my son was hoping to talk him into changing his mind.

Fayettetopia

WoePigSooie

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on October 05, 2015, 01:44:12 pm
Did not see this coming.  I wonder what happened.

We lost to Toledo, Texas Tech, and Texas A&M?

sickboy

Quote from: ChemHog on October 05, 2015, 05:50:08 pm
We lost to Toledo, Texas Tech, and Texas A&M?

So then why didn't other kids decommit? You can't draw that conclusion just out of thin air.

lefty08

I hate the kid is looking around, but February is a long ways away

Im actually more interested in his rankings. I read where in the last rankings he fell about 30 to 40 spots in the rankings. It will be interesting to see how far he moves up if/when he commits to aTm

Im guessing his ranking will increase signifigantly if that happens
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

tophawg19

Quote from: Bowfishinghogfan on October 05, 2015, 03:33:45 pm
Let's face it, kids want to play in a wide open face paced offense. The shift is happening all over the country. High school, college and the pros are all shifting to this style offense. That's why finding a great fullback is so hard. We will eventually have to switch if we are to be very competitive. If you have an offense that knows it has to score every time it touches the ball, it puts pressure on the defense to stop them and the offense to score. That's why BP's system was so good.
there is a reason most pro teams that are successful still use the pro set as their base . and they will draft based on finding players who fit the system. these kids are making a mistake by not learning the system as soon as possible
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

hookshog

October 05, 2015, 06:57:28 pm #69 Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 07:48:06 pm by hookshog
Not all schools in Texas run the spread. There are a lot of veer/ option/ power I offenses. We see more of these than the spread. Bigger classifications do run more spread, but there are a lot of teams that play good old smash mouth football.

Smokehouse

Quote from: Peppa Pig on October 05, 2015, 01:49:01 pm

Aggie fans feel very confident they can get him...but then again, Aggie fans think they'll get everyone.

Even the ones currently on other teams' rosters :D
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Music City Hog

Quote from: Hou-Hog on October 05, 2015, 04:47:44 pm

Well that's a mistake.  We desperately need offensive linemen.   It', along with RB, is our biggest need.

ricepig

Quote from: Music City Hog on October 05, 2015, 07:11:54 pm
Well that's a mistake.  We desperately need offensive linemen.   It', along with RB, is our biggest need.

Yep, we'll get to 4, somehow, Sam will get it done. I thought he would need some time, but he was going to be a player in time.

texas tush hog

I thought I read where he was injured and out for the season, Help me Richard, did I dream this?

ricepig

Quote from: texas tush hog on October 05, 2015, 07:58:57 pm
I thought I read where he was injured and out for the season, Help me Richard, did I dream this?

I'd ask OGR69, since his son plays beside him.

davispard

Quote from: texas tush hog on October 05, 2015, 07:58:57 pm
That is Heinrich(?) out of Iowa...

ricepig

Quote from: davispard on October 05, 2015, 08:02:12 pm
That is Heinrich(?) out of Iowa...

Correct, possibly back for an All-Star game in January.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: GuvHog on October 05, 2015, 04:49:12 pm

There is no such thing as a Power Spread Offense.  An Offense is either a Power Offense (like what we use, what LSU uses, and what Michigan State uses), or a Spread Offense (like what Baylor uses, what TCU uses, what Oregon uses, and what Texas Tech uses).

When an Offense spreads out in a spread formation, the Offense loses the ability to be power oriented.

It is one reason why Robert Petrino's Offense had 17 Total Rushing Yards against Alabama's Defense in 2011, and one reason why Robert Petrino's Offense had 19 Total Rushing Yards against Clemson's Defense in 2015.

H&D

Quote from: King Kong on October 05, 2015, 01:54:03 pm
We are getting our buts kicked there. There are about 6 that depend on TX that are all ahead of us in TX.

Sad thing is the staff has proven they are better recruiters than we have had since joining the SEC. But for some reason we can break through in Texas

I'd rather have Florida players, Tuck Fexas.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

Porked Tongue

Don't be surprised if you hear the UA isn't fretting it.

COACHINTEXAS

I disagree with you saying what he did at the Texas high school coaches clinic does' have anything to do with it. It may and it may not, but I will say that being part of the Texas high school system, it's like a fraternity. Feelings were hurt and I think in the long haul, it will hurt us overall in this hotbed. Think about it, in whatever you do, you have a philosophy. The Philosophy here in Texas is spreading the skilled players and create space in the middle. It does a couple of things; it puts your best player in space one on one and it often opens up the running game because linebackers begin to cheat over, opening the middle running lanes. If he would have just given his opinion on his philosophy and left it at that, everything would have been fine, but he open a can of worms and it was embarrassing to say the least. In this industry, you can't look at coaches in the eye and basically say " my system works and what you do sucks"

College coaches who have good connections in this state are using this against us big time, I can promise you that!
No one plans to fail, they fail to plan!!!!

redeye

Quote from: sickboy on October 05, 2015, 06:30:55 pm
So then why didn't other kids decommit? You can't draw that conclusion just out of thin air.

He didn't just draw it out of thin air.  He waited until everyone had disapproved it first, and then in a state full of negative fear mongering, he threw it out there like he'd failed to read the thread, first.

When the score was 14-0 Tennessee last Saturday, our players never stopped grinding.  Some of our fans should learn to do the same.

ricepig

Quote from: COACHINTEXAS on October 05, 2015, 09:13:21 pm
I disagree with you saying what he did at the Texas high school coaches clinic does' have anything to do with it. It may and it may not, but I will say that being part of the Texas high school system, it's like a fraternity. Feelings were hurt and I think in the long haul, it will hurt us overall in this hotbed. Think about it, in whatever you do, you have a philosophy. The Philosophy here in Texas is spreading the skilled players and create space in the middle. It does a couple of things; it puts your best player in space one on one and it often opens up the running game because linebackers begin to cheat over, opening the middle running lanes. If he would have just given his opinion on his philosophy and left it at that, everything would have been fine, but he open a can of worms and it was embarrassing to say the least. In this industry, you can't look at coaches in the eye and basically say " my system works and what you do sucks"

College coaches who have good connections in this state are using this against us big time, I can promise you that!

So, all of those tweets after his presentation were just b.s.? They were just waiting for Kliffy to be the tough guy?

lefty08

If the coaches got their feelings hurt by a coach talking his football philosophy, I think we found the reason why the University of Texas' football team is so soft.....
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

redeye

Even if that's true, I believe that bad publicity is better then poor publicity in recruiting.  You get recruits who love you and recruits who hate your opponent, but it's hard to sign recruits who don't even  know you exist.

Hawghiggs

We will be fine. It sucks to have someone decommit.

Porked Tongue

Not saying it happened here, but Coach B is the kind of guy that would let a kid save face by decommitting when an offer got pulled.

colbs

They invited him to speak about his philosophy. 

ricepig

Quote from: Porked Tongue on October 05, 2015, 09:28:08 pm
Not saying it happened here, but Coach B is the kind of guy that would let a kid save face by decommitting when an offer got pulled.

Then why bring it up??

Porked Tongue

Quote from: ricepig on October 05, 2015, 09:28:48 pm
Then why bring it up??
I also didn't say it didn't happen.

Each can interpret as they choose.

ricepig

Quote from: Porked Tongue on October 05, 2015, 09:31:42 pm
I also didn't say it didn't happen.

Each can interpret as they choose.

Ok, lol.

OGR69

if it got pulled, then it is/was not known/discussed.  When we talked with his parents they were in shock with his decision. 

factchecker

QuoteI disagree with you saying what he did at the Texas high school coaches clinic does' have anything to do with it. It may and it may not, but I will say that being part of the Texas high school system, it's like a fraternity. Feelings were hurt and I think in the long haul, it will hurt us overall in this hotbed. Think about it, in whatever you do, you have a philosophy. The Philosophy here in Texas is spreading the skilled players and create space in the middle. It does a couple of things; it puts your best player in space one on one and it often opens up the running game because linebackers begin to cheat over, opening the middle running lanes. If he would have just given his opinion on his philosophy and left it at that, everything would have been fine, but he open a can of worms and it was embarrassing to say the least. In this industry, you can't look at coaches in the eye and basically say " my system works and what you do sucks"

If this was a big issue and truly pissed off Texas football coaches, why didn't we hear about it until Arkansas lost to Tech?  Do we even hear about it if Arkansas wins?  Are you saying that Texas high school coaches are such big pansies that they had to wait for Arkansas to lose to voice their opinion?  No, they aren't because I have yet to see one REAL quote from a Texas high school coach.  Not to mention that several voiced their approval of Bielema via twitter after his presentation:

https://twitter.com/MaRkY_D_210/status/623246609954922496

https://twitter.com/CoachAllen83/status/623213253787672576

https://twitter.com/CoachBLayman/status/623214926060912640

This was nothing more than a recruiting ploy by Queensbury.   If Arkansas wins, Kliff would still be crying in his fruity mixed drink while watching the Kardashians. 
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ricepig

Quote from: OGR69 on October 05, 2015, 09:43:04 pm
if it got pulled, then it is/was not known/discussed.  When we talked with his parents they were in shock with his decision. 

Thanks, that sounds quite likely.

Russ22

Quote from: Porked Tongue on October 05, 2015, 09:28:08 pm
Anyone that would pull on offer from Diesch is an idiot. THAT didn't happen. All the stuff I am hearing is that this kid is wildly underrated because most of his sophomore and junior film is on the defensive side.
For the latest Arkansas High School 7-on-7 football news:

http://7on7football.blogspot.com/

Porked Tongue

Maybe it wasn't about his talent.

Russ22

Quote from: Porked Tongue on October 05, 2015, 10:12:05 pm
Maybe it wasn't about his talent.
Let's all just start unfounded rumors that Bret pulled a scholarship offer because of some unknown reason and then allowed a kid to "decommit". That's a load...
For the latest Arkansas High School 7-on-7 football news:

http://7on7football.blogspot.com/

ricepig

Quote from: Russ22 on October 05, 2015, 10:14:17 pm
Let's all just start unfounded rumors that Bret pulled a scholarship offer because of some unknown reason and then allowed a kid to "decommit". That's a load...

Hey, you and I agree on something, must be time to log off and watch Fallon.

Porked Tongue

Quote from: Russ22 on October 05, 2015, 10:14:17 pm
Don't go dragging others into this.

I go to my original statement to not be surprised if the UA isn't crying over his change mind.