Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Diesch Decommits (official)

Started by Wildhog, October 05, 2015, 01:18:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PorkRinds

Quote from: texas tush hog on October 08, 2015, 02:39:43 pm
Don't hold your breath, we have never got one back.

Yes we have.  But I'm not going to tell you just so it can drive you crazy, but rest assured, we've had a kid decommit and then recommit later.  It was in the last two years.

Wildhog

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 08, 2015, 02:41:37 pm
Yes we have.  But I'm not going to tell you just so it can drive you crazy, but rest assured, we've had a kid decommit and then recommit later.  It was in the last two years.

Yep.  Lost him to and then stole him back from TCU.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

texas tush hog

Quote from: Hogdomer on October 06, 2015, 03:07:50 pm
If it takes you six hours to get to Fayetteville from Trophy Club you don't know your way.  Three hours to Waco?  Maybe if you are lucky given the traffic on 35.  Driving to College Station and to Fayetteville is a wash.

Except you have some really crappy back roads to College Station after you leave the freeway. I would much rather make the drive to Fayetteville, trust me.

greenie

IIRC: Jared Cornelius committed to us, then to TCU, then back to us.

PorkRinds

Quote from: greenie on October 08, 2015, 03:06:45 pm
IIRC: Jared Cornelius committed to us, then to TCU, then back to us.

You gave away the answer to the riddle...

texas tush hog

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 08, 2015, 03:16:16 pm
You gave away the answer to the riddle...

I don't recall him committing to us before TCU, but I could be wrong, but Cornelius dad never played for us.

Wildhog

Quote from: texas tush hog on October 08, 2015, 03:31:01 pm
I don't recall him committing to us before TCU, but I could be wrong, but Cornelius dad never played for us.

He commited to us on Aug 09, 2013. 
Committed to TCU on Dec 13, 2013.
Re-committed to us on Dec 18, 2013.
1909/1964/1965/1977

texas tush hog

Quote from: Wildhog on October 08, 2015, 03:36:22 pm
He commited to us on Aug 09, 2013. 
Committed to TCU on Dec 13, 2013.
Re-committed to us on Dec 18, 2013.

So I guess Kellen will come back to us next week, hooray.

KlubhouseKonnected

October 08, 2015, 03:55:52 pm #208 Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 04:47:00 pm by KlubhouseKonnected

It also happened with Mitch Mustain but I don't know that Diesch has a slime ball head coach we could hire as a coordinator in order to bring the kid back into the fold. Even if that were the case I would hope our staff and administration would not play that game.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

ricepig

Quote from: texas tush hog on October 08, 2015, 03:40:51 pm
So I guess Kellen will come back to us next week, hooray.

You would be wrong.

redeye

Wildhog

Quote from: redeye on October 08, 2015, 07:17:03 pm
But what if he wasn't?

Well, he was being sarcastic.  But, if it DID happen, we would be incredibly fortunate, because it's pretty rare.
1909/1964/1965/1977

redeye

Quote from: Wildhog on October 08, 2015, 07:18:29 pm
Well, he was being sarcastic.  But, if it DID happen, we would be incredibly fortunate, because it's pretty rare.

Yea, so was I...  ;D

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

Oliver

Quote from: Wildhog on October 08, 2015, 07:33:50 pm
arargh... I need a drink.

Yes you do.

I've always said Arkansas athletics drive me to drink more than anything else...but drinking isn't a bad thing so there's that.  Go Hogs!

redeye

Quote from: Oliver on October 08, 2015, 08:39:22 pm
Yes you do.

I've always said Arkansas athletics drive me to drink more than anything else...but drinking isn't a bad thing so there's that.  Go Hogs!

I'll drink to that!

jackflash

Its a long way to NSD you never know what will happen. They will other names come into play we don't know yet. Pittman has recruit well for Arkansas, he will do so this year.

Cinco de Hogo

We will find players and develop them into future NFLers, if a kid doesn't want that it's simply because he doesn't want to be a Hog.

Nothing you can do about that.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on October 09, 2015, 09:02:44 am
We will find players and develop them into future NFLers, if a kid doesn't want that it's simply because he doesn't want to be a Hog.

Nothing you can do about that.

it takes more than good coaching to get a kid to the nfl.  they also have to have an elite amount of athleticism to complement good coaching. 

I firmly believe we have one of the better coaching staffs in the nation.  That said, we HAVE to step it up in the recruiting department to see the results we all want. 

We can't have the mindset "well if he doesn't wanna be a hog it's on him".  The kids we are going after are being recruited by many of the top football programs in the nation.  We have to make them WANT to be Hogs more than any of the other schools.  And once we sign them, we have to continue to recruit them.  Not every kid we sign/recruit will be "All Hog" from day one. 

That's just the reality of it.

Beating Bama this weekend would really help our season in regards to both our current team and also current commits/recruits.  Hope it happens, we deserve to catch a break more than any other team in the nation.  WPS  :razorback:

PorkRinds

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on October 09, 2015, 10:27:51 am
it takes more than good coaching to get a kid to the nfl.  they also have to have an elite amount of athleticism to complement good coaching. 

I firmly believe we have one of the better coaching staffs in the nation.  That said, we HAVE to step it up in the recruiting department to see the results we all want. 

We can't have the mindset "well if he doesn't wanna be a hog it's on him".  The kids we are going after are being recruited by many of the top football programs in the nation.  We have to make them WANT to be Hogs more than any of the other schools.  And once we sign them, we have to continue to recruit them.  Not every kid we sign/recruit will be "All Hog" from day one.

So is your claim that we don't actually do those things?  Because I'm pretty sure the coaches are aware of all those things, and do them regularly.  This didn't happen because of a lack of effort recruiting him. 

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 09, 2015, 10:34:33 am
So is your claim that we don't actually do those things?  Because I'm pretty sure the coaches are aware of all those things, and do them regularly.  This didn't happen because of a lack of effort recruiting him.

Not saying that at all.  The opposite actually.  Some kids aren't all hog from day one, and seeing kids decommit after a few tough losses shouldn't surprise anyone.

The mindset should be "let's try and win these kids over again" instead of "well he simply didn't wanna be a hog".

Also, I'm well aware the coaching staff knows this and acts accordingly.  I'm just speaking to some of the posters on here.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on October 09, 2015, 10:27:51 am

That's just the reality of it.

Beating Bama this weekend would really help our season in regards to both our current team and also current commits/recruits.  Hope it happens, we deserve to catch a break more than any other team in the nation.  WPS  :razorback:

I'm sure we put a full court press on each and every recruit we offer and at the end of the day 20-27 will be Hogs.  The ones who go elsewhere didn't want to be Hogs bad enuff to pull the trigger. 

Mostly players go where THEY want to go and mostly that's the way it should be.  AC went where he want to go, that's a win.  You can't win them all.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on October 09, 2015, 10:41:34 am
I'm sure we put a full court press on each and every recruit we offer and at the end of the day 20-27 will be Hogs.  The ones who go elsewhere didn't want to be Hogs bad enuff to pull the trigger. 

Mostly players go where THEY want to go and mostly that's the way it should be.

I get what you're saying and agree with you to an extent.  I still think there are situations where a kid maybe didn't want to be a Hog bad enough cause we didn't recruit him well enough.  It happens at every school on every staff, some more than others.

I would like to see it happen less here.  That's all I'm saying. 

For the record I really like our coaching staff, don't want anyone getting any MMQB ideas in here.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on October 09, 2015, 10:44:50 am
I get what you're saying and agree with you to an extent.  I still think there are situations where a kid maybe didn't want to be a Hog bad enough cause we didn't recruit him well enough.  It happens at every school on every staff, some more than others.

For the record I really like our coaching staff, don't want anyone getting any MMQB ideas in here.

Agreed, you can alway do better at whatever it is your doing. 

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on October 09, 2015, 10:47:11 am
Agreed, you can alway do better at whatever it is your doing.

+1 :razorback:

Seebs

Darius Winston
Jared Cornelius

Other than that you are spot on.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on October 09, 2015, 10:37:33 am
Not saying that at all.  The opposite actually.  Some kids aren't all hog from day one, and seeing kids decommit after a few tough losses shouldn't surprise anyone.

The mindset should be "let's try and win these kids over again" instead of "well he simply didn't wanna be a hog".

Also, I'm well aware the coaching staff knows this and acts accordingly.  I'm just speaking to some of the posters on here.

Gotcha.  My bad for misinterpreting.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Seebs on October 09, 2015, 11:17:03 am
Darius Winston
Jared Cornelius

So other than being flat out wrong, he was spot on.

Wildhog

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 09, 2015, 11:49:53 am

Well, he was right about the "don't hold your breath" part.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Pig in the Pokey

Jared
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Seebs

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 09, 2015, 11:49:53 am

Your sarcasm detector is pegged this fine day.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

PorkRinds

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Seebs on October 09, 2015, 11:17:03 am
Darius Winston
Jared Cornelius

Ahem...
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

bighog77

I here Austin Capps is looking hard at Ole Miss

NLRHog92

Quote from: bighog77 on October 12, 2015, 04:04:44 am

Can't take serious if you can't even use the correct form of hear. I know it's Arkansas, but my gosh... He committed pretty early, expect him to stay a Hog.

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on October 09, 2015, 10:44:50 am

1. Define what you think is recruiting "well enough".
2. Identify those area where the Hog staff didn't recruit "well enough".
3. Explain exactly how you would know that the Hog staff didn't recruit "well enough" in this situation.

If you can't address the above, in detail, then why in the hell would you even make such a charge?   

Choctaw Hog

Here? I hope for your sake you are no older than 7-8. 

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on October 12, 2015, 07:14:32 am
1. Define what you think is recruiting "well enough".
2. Identify those area where the Hog staff didn't recruit "well enough".
3. Explain exactly how you would know that the Hog staff didn't recruit "well enough" in this situation.

If you can't address the above, in detail, then why in the hell would you even make such a charge?

I can answer that easily enough and without putting anyone down.

Because unlike some of you I don't think CBB is God.  You can alway do better at anything you do, however I also don't think it's a big deal.

hog.goblin

This morning Grant Hall (or perhaps Vernon, I forget which) said something about we didn't allow him to come take another visit and that was the reason he decommited.

ricepig

Quote from: hog.goblin on October 12, 2015, 10:25:23 am
This morning Grant Hall (or perhaps Vernon, I forget which) said something about we didn't allow him to come take another visit and that was the reason he decommited.

Which is what RD said about 3 or 4 pages ago, and actually, he was wanting to visit other schools, not us, lol.

The real Hogules

Perhaps the poster meant that he (the poster) was in Oxfart, MS. and that Austin Capps was across the road from Old Myth U, staring at the university?  lol
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on October 12, 2015, 08:04:12 am

Because unlike some of you I don't think CBB is God.  You can alway do better at anything you do, however I also don't think it's a big deal.

Then answer if it's so easy. My guess you can't therefore you deflect. Not answering tells us all we need to know about you and that's not a put down, just stating the obvious.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on October 12, 2015, 08:04:12 am

Because unlike some of you I don't think CBB is God. You can alway do better at anything you do, however I also don't think it's a big deal.

So you really can't answer it without putting anyone down.

cc