Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Diesch Decommits (official)

Started by Wildhog, October 05, 2015, 01:18:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawghiggs

Quote from: lefty08 on October 06, 2015, 09:22:03 pm

Its official visits, pretty common thing from what I can gather. He is free to visit whoever, officially or unofficially, but with limited spots this year its his risk
How much of a risk is that exactly?

Wildhog

So basically, he decommitted when he visited A&M.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

lefty08

Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

lefty08

Quote from: Hawghiggs on October 06, 2015, 09:30:16 pm
How much of a risk is that exactly?

depends on if he wants to be a Hog id imagine
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

lefty08

Quote from: Wildhog on October 06, 2015, 09:36:37 pm
I'm not sure.

Im not either, but id say it wasnt. apparently he has visited then twice recently and im betting thats where he ends up. he will also shoot up the rankings once committed there, as he was falling as a Hog commit lol

lefty08

I can see it being more of a limited spots thing with us anyways. If we are gonna hold a spot we dont want him wined and dined by others, i think its reasonable

aloha_kid

Quote from: Richard Davenport on October 05, 2015, 02:44:51 pm
Help me out here. Without going through a list, I think Kellen is the second to decommit since Bielema has been here. Eluemunor was the first.

He hasn't seen much playing time.  I thought he'd be more involved.

PorkRinds

October 06, 2015, 09:59:53 pm #158 Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 11:04:47 pm by PorkRinds
There's a bit more to this story that may or may not become obvious.

OGR69

Quote from: Porked Tongue on October 06, 2015, 07:11:53 pm
You still believing his parents were "surprised"?
I said his parents were surprised he de-committed/wanted to look around (which ever).  They were 100% in favor of Arkansas.  They never hinted at or said anything about the offer being pulled-just that they were shocked Kellen told them he was de-committing and looking around again.  Tell you what-come sit with us Friday night and you can talk to them yourself-they sit right in front of us at the games-I will even purchase your ticket.

Wildhog

Clearly it was his choice.  That's not getting an offer pulled.
1909/1964/1965/1977

The Recruiting Guy

No offer was pulled. Arkansas didn't want him to take visits and Kellen wanted to. That's it in a nutshell. 

Arkansas is going forward and so if Kellen.

ImHogginIt

October 07, 2015, 01:23:19 am #162 Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 09:15:20 am by ImHogginIt
Quote from: Hogdomer on October 06, 2015, 03:07:50 pm
If it takes you six hours to get to Fayetteville from Trophy Club you don't know your way.  Three hours to Waco?  Maybe if you are lucky given the traffic on 35.  Driving to College Station and to Fayetteville is a wash.

Takes me 4.5 hrs from Allen TX driving 5 mph over the speed limit. Tack on 30 mins to get to Trophy Club. So it is 5 hours but should not be more than that.

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: 870hogfan on October 06, 2015, 03:52:10 am
He sounded like an butt hurt idiot. Kliff is very lucky we don't have them on our schedule anymore.

That's why that little pretty-boy punk said anything. He knows he isn't going to have to back up his smart-a$$ comments any thine soon.  He's they type of person who would $hit his pants if he had to face someone by himself.

Hog Waller

Quote from: Porked Tongue on October 06, 2015, 07:11:53 pm
You still believing his parents were "surprised"?

Quote from: Porked Tongue on October 06, 2015, 07:30:03 pm
That first hand conversation was bunk.

Quote from: OGR69 on October 06, 2015, 10:27:57 pm
I said his parents were surprised he de-committed/wanted to look around (which ever).  They were 100% in favor of Arkansas.  They never hinted at or said anything about the offer being pulled-just that they were shocked Kellen told them he was de-committing and looking around again.  Tell you what-come sit with us Friday night and you can talk to them yourself-they sit right in front of us at the games-I will even purchase your ticket.

OGR thank you for sharing what you can.  It's too bad there are some who seem to feel the need to demonstrate to all they know more...I guess it's a power thing.

online-with-swine

Sounds like a mutual "let's date other people" situation.  Is there a chance we take a recomittal from him or have we completely ruled him out?

Wildhog

Quote from: online-with-swine on October 07, 2015, 08:29:25 am
Sounds like a mutual "let's date other people" situation.  Is there a chance we take a recomittal from him or have we completely ruled him out?

Sounds more like, "Oh you're breaking up with me??? I don't need you anyway!

...Now I immediately have to go find someone else.  I'm so lonely."

Or... just getting dumped and calling it "mutual" to save face. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

Scott7703

Quote from: Wildhog on October 07, 2015, 08:45:14 am
Sounds more like, "Oh you're breaking up with me??? I don't need you anyway!

...Now I immediately have to go find someone else.  I'm so lonely."

Or... just getting dumped and calling it "mutual" to save face. 

While this decommitment is frustrating let's not go completely crazy. RD just stated a scenario that makes perfect sense. We wouldn't take a commitment a couple weeks back from a kid a who wanted to commit but take visits so why is is so far fetched that it happened with Kellen as well?

I have been pretty harsh about our coach/recruiting in the recent past but after a couple conversations I've been talked back from the ledge. There is a bunch of football left to be played and its a long time until the first Wednesday in February. Let's just sit back and see how this all plays out.

Wildhog

Quote from: Scott7703 on October 07, 2015, 08:56:13 am
While this decommitment is frustrating let's not go completely crazy. RD just stated a scenario that makes perfect sense. We wouldn't take a commitment a couple weeks back from a kid a who wanted to commit but take visits so why is is so far fetched that it happened with Kellen as well?

I have been pretty harsh about our coach/recruiting in the recent past but after a couple conversations I've been talked back from the ledge. There is a bunch of football left to be played and its a long time until the first Wednesday in February. Let's just sit back and see how this all plays out.

Not going crazy.  Honestly, apathy is setting in.  But let's call this what it is- just a plain old decommitment.  This was Kellen's decision, and no one else's.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Scott7703

Quote from: Wildhog on October 07, 2015, 08:59:26 am
Not going crazy.  Honestly, apathy is setting in.  But let's call this what it is- just a plain old decommitment.  This was Kellen's decision, and no one else's.

How can you be sure this was Kellens decision alone? Why would our recruiting guys be reporting differently? No way to be sure man. That's what I'm saying.

ricepig

Quote from: Scott7703 on October 07, 2015, 10:03:13 am
How can you be sure this was Kellens decision alone? Why would our recruiting guys be reporting differently? No way to be sure man. That's what I'm saying.

Quote from: Richard Davenport on October 06, 2015, 11:50:48 pm
No offer was pulled. Arkansas didn't want him to take visits and Kellen wanted to. That's it in a nutshell. 

Wildhog

Quote from: Scott7703 on October 07, 2015, 10:03:13 am

It's not like he wasn't aware that we didn't want him visiting other schools, and that it could potentially affect his status.  He made the decision, and essentially decommitted the moment he visited A&M.
1909/1964/1965/1977

ballhogger

Don't get me wrong.  This loss hurts but to be fair he has not played on offense very long.  I do think if this kid would have stuck with us that he would start eventually.  I do want to bring up a point that I think we are in a better position with the O-line then some may realize.  I just got through watching Heinrich's highlights and he can finish a block.  I could also be wrong, but I think when it is all said and done that Austin Capps will play on the Offensive line and be very good. 

Porked Tongue

Quote from: Richard Davenport on October 06, 2015, 11:50:48 pm

Semantics.

Wildhog

The fact is that his offer wasn't pulled and if he didn't want to decommit he wouldn't have visited other schools.
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkRinds

Quote from: ballhogger on October 07, 2015, 10:40:39 am
Don't get me wrong.  This loss hurts but to be fair he has not played on offense very long.  I do think if this kid would have stuck with us that he would start eventually.  I do want to bring up a point that I think we are in a better position with the O-line then some may realize.  I just got through watching Heinrich's highlights and he can finish a block.  I could also be wrong, but I think when it is all said and done that Austin Capps will play on the Offensive line and be very good.

We are scary shallow depth wise on the Oline, especially in this system that's dependent on them dominating. We need linemen that start playing as sophmores and give us three good years after a redishirt and redshirt freshman season.  Starting true freshmen or redshirt freshmen on the OL isn't a recipe for long term success.  JMO of course.  We are a couple of OL injuries away from disaster.

MS_HogFan

Lucky for us we have one of the best offensive line recruiters in the country.
SOOIE

Porked Tongue

Quote from: Porked Tongue on October 05, 2015, 09:28:08 pm
Not saying it happened here, but Coach B is the kind of guy that would let a kid save face by decommitting when an offer got pulled.

Wildhog

Quote from: Wildhog on October 07, 2015, 10:58:46 am
The fact is that his offer wasn't pulled and if he didn't want to decommit he wouldn't have visited other schools.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Russ22

Quote from: jgphillips3 on October 06, 2015, 09:14:17 pm
How do we ask kids not to visit other schools if they commit to us with a straight face and yet keep recruiting kids committed to other schools?
Good question.

How many visits to the Hill have been taken by recruits committed elsewhere? If it is more than zero, then you shouldn't make it more difficult on your own commits to visit somewhere else.

I really feel like NSD should be eliminated and athletes should allowed to make a binding commitment following their junior year. It would eliminate this "I am committed, but I am looking around because I am only 60% committed." My guess is that a good portion of the kids verbally commit somewhere "comfortable" early do it just to narrow the suitors down. That is, they do it to reduce the volume of contact with schools that they aren't really considering.
For the latest Arkansas High School 7-on-7 football news:

http://7on7football.blogspot.com/

HawgPyle

I'm not sure this has been answered...

CBB was invited to the coaches conference in Texas to discuss his philosophy.  The HC from UofA.

CKK, the HC of TT...was he invited?

WorfHog

Quote from: Russ22 on October 07, 2015, 12:15:13 pm
Good question.

How many visits to the Hill have been taken by recruits committed elsewhere? If it is more than zero, then you shouldn't make it more difficult on your own commits to visit somewhere else.

I really feel like NSD should be eliminated and athletes should allowed to make a binding commitment following their junior year. It would eliminate this "I am committed, but I am looking around because I am only 60% committed." My guess is that a good portion of the kids verbally commit somewhere "comfortable" early do it just to narrow the suitors down. That is, they do it to reduce the volume of contact with schools that they aren't really considering.

If an early signing period works for basketball I don't see why it wouldn't work for football.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: HawgPyle on October 07, 2015, 01:11:17 pm

CBB was invited to the coaches conference in Texas to discuss his philosophy.  The HC from UofA.

Does it matter?  How many recruits do we have out of Texas and how many does TT have?

Negative recruiting is part of the game, whether or not it happened with effect in this case, nobody knows.  For some reason CBB has things blow up on him and he needs to learn from the examples. 

pigture perfect

Quote from: Porked Tongue on October 07, 2015, 10:55:02 am
Semantics.
if I'm going to trust anyone on this board it probably is going to be RD not someone who gives himself Karma and pretends to know everything. Even more than the Recruiting Guy! Sorry, I'm not impressed.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Oklahawg

Quote from: HawgPyle on October 07, 2015, 01:11:17 pm

He was invited to purchase a ticket and attend the clinic like every other HS coach :)
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

Quote from: pigture perfect on October 07, 2015, 04:16:54 pm
if I'm going to trust anyone on this board it probably is going to be RD not someone who gives himself Karma and pretends to know everything. Even more than the Recruiting Guy! Sorry, I'm not impressed.

There is a reason he has posted simply, and boldly, numerous times on this. His business is not nurturing relationships with recruits (like RD). I too trust RD. There are also things RD can't report.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

pigture perfect

I understand that. I just think he was calling out RD. I was just standing up for him, because he will not (can't) really do that for himself.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

LA Football fan

This is my opinion.  Kellen was moved to offense due to his measurables and that he projected better at the college level on that side of the ball.  No one knows for sure how it will pan out.   We really took a chance offering him without ANY on field results that say he can play on the offensive side of the ball.  I think our coaches can coach up anybody if they have the physical skills but I do not think Kellen was going to be an early contributor whether it was with us or whoever he signs with.  It takes time to develop the skills necessary to play on the offensive side of the ball (especially at tackle) and I think it will take Kellen more than 1 year of HS to get there.

That being said, I don't think losing his commitment is as bad as some on here are making it due to the fact I think he doesn't get in any rotation for a couple years wherever he signs, including us due his inexperience on the offensive side of the ball.   Not bashing him as I think he will be a contributor once his experience catches up with his physical talents.  Hate to lose him but not going to lose any sleep over it.  He was not going to be a difference maker next year anyway IMO.  I wish him the best and if he decides to come back and recommit I am fully on board.  Don't wish him ill will if he don't.  I think he will have a successful career wherever he signs, I just think it will take him a couple years being developed to get there.

ricepig

Quote from: LA Football fan on October 07, 2015, 04:54:33 pm
This is my opinion.  Kellen was moved to offense due to his measurables and that he projected better at the college level on that side of the ball.  No one knows for sure how it will pan out.   We really took a chance offering him without ANY on field results that say he can play on the offensive side of the ball.  I think our coaches can coach up anybody if they have the physical skills but I do not think Kellen was going to be an early contributor whether it was with us or whoever he signs with.  It takes time to develop the skills necessary to play on the offensive side of the ball (especially at tackle) and I think it will take Kellen more than 1 year of HS to get there.

That being said, I don't think losing his commitment is as bad as some on here are making it due to the fact I think he doesn't get in any rotation for a couple years wherever he signs, including us due his inexperience on the offensive side of the ball.   Not bashing him as I think he will be a contributor once his experience catches up with his physical talents.  Hate to lose him but not going to lose any sleep over it.  He was not going to be a difference maker next year anyway IMO.  I wish him the best and if he decides to come back and recommit I am fully on board.  Don't wish him ill will if he don't.  I think he will have a successful career wherever he signs, I just think it will take him a couple years being developed to get there.

Well, all I will say is that every top coach thought he was worthy.

Oklahawg

Let's remember the gnashing of teeth last year over the OL from Lawton OK (Barnett?) who was always wearing Hog gear to school, etc. UA felt he would be a guard and they figured out they were behind the curve on the number of tackles on the roster. The recruit had an offer pulled. He fell into Nebraska's lap. The offer pull didn't get publicized until NU had accepted his commit, IIRC.

Wildhog

Quote from: Oklahawg on October 07, 2015, 07:12:37 pm
Let's remember the gnashing of teeth last year over the OL from Lawton OK (Barnett?) who was always wearing Hog gear to school, etc. UA felt he would be a guard and they figured out they were behind the curve on the number of tackles on the roster. The recruit had an offer pulled. He fell into Nebraska's lap. The offer pull didn't get publicized until NU had accepted his commit, IIRC.

Barnett was never committed to us.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

Really wish Florida would have had a crappy season, to help with Marcus Tatum.
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on October 07, 2015, 07:14:30 pm

Yeah, big difference. It is what it is, you can read 2-3 times a week on someone decommitting, it just means we have to hit on our other OL targets.

jjdlc

Based on historical results, an OL who wants to play on Sundays someday is crazy if he doesn't want to play for CBB and CSP.

LA Football fan

Quote from: ricepig on October 07, 2015, 04:56:51 pm
Well, all I will say is that every top coach thought he was worthy.

Never said he wasn't worthy, don't know why you brought that up.  Not all recruits are signed for IMMEDIATE help.  Many recruits are signed on potential that the coaches believe they can harness once they get them into the program.  I plainly said I see him stepping into the tackle position after a couple years.  That means a program should get at least 3 good years from him if he doesn't leave early.  That is plenty of reason for coaches to go after a player with his talents.   Wherever he signs, I highly doubt you truly think he will be getting much playing time next year, much less starting.  He is just too raw with his inexperience playing the position.  Again, I think wherever he signs, including if he signs with us, he will be redshirted and developed slowly his first couple years in college.  After that I think he has the potential to step right in and play depending on who may be ahead of him on the roster.

onebadrubi

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on October 05, 2015, 08:20:46 pm
There is no such thing as a Power Spread Offense.  An Offense is either a Power Offense (like what we use, what LSU uses, and what Michigan State uses), or a Spread Offense (like what Baylor uses, what TCU uses, what Oregon uses, and what Texas Tech uses).

When an Offense spreads out in a spread formation, the Offense loses the ability to be power oriented.

It is one reason why Robert Petrino's Offense had 17 Total Rushing Yards against Alabama's Defense in 2011, and one reason why Robert Petrino's Offense had 19 Total Rushing Yards against Clemson's Defense in 2015.

How freaking stupid.  Lay off the whacky weed bud.

Oklahawg

Quote from: Wildhog on October 07, 2015, 07:14:30 pm

I did not intend to imply that he was. He was thought to be a UA silent commit by some, and at least a huge UA lean. But, when it came time to parting company UA gave him a chance to do so gracefully.

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: Wildhog on October 07, 2015, 08:59:26 am

Sort of like when a worker tells his/her boss he is looking around for another job and the boss states, fine.  Oh, and just so that you will know you no longer have a job here. We've already been interviewing for you position.   

ballhogger

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 07, 2015, 11:18:21 am
We are scary shallow depth wise on the Oline, especially in this system that's dependent on them dominating. We need linemen that start playing as sophmores and give us three good years after a redishirt and redshirt freshman season.  Starting true freshmen or redshirt freshmen on the OL isn't a recipe for long term success.  JMO of course.  We are a couple of OL injuries away from disaster.
I do agree with you on most of this.  I am not saying that those freshmen will have to play.  I think we lose the two SR's Tretola and Smothers, I think we lose Kirkland, but I don't think that Skipper is going anywhere.  We will Have Skipper, Ragnow, and Wallace who have for sure matured through the program and hopefully some others that have developed.  As far as the two that I mentioned, the best case scenario would be for them to get a year of development and then introduce them when CBB sees fit.  That is how he had it going up at Wisconson.  I hope he can get that going here.  We are not quite there yet.

texas tush hog

Quote from: WorfHog on October 05, 2015, 03:28:10 pm
Kid was one of our best recruits, hopefully we can get him back onboard.

Don't hold your breath, we have never got one back.