Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Diesch Decommits (official)

Started by Wildhog, October 05, 2015, 01:18:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ22

Quote from: ricepig on October 05, 2015, 10:26:55 pm
Hey, you and I agree on something, must be time to log off and watch Fallon.
+1. However, I think we probably agree more than you would like to admit. Enjoy your show.
For the latest Arkansas High School 7-on-7 football news:

http://7on7football.blogspot.com/

redeye

Quote from: OGR69 on October 05, 2015, 09:43:04 pm
if it got pulled, then it is/was not known/discussed.  When we talked with his parents they were in shock with his decision.

Might be that we just didn't try to stop him.  I don't know if Porked Tongue knows anything, but at face value, what he said isn't wrong.

Regardless, I appreciate you sharing what you know.  I hate that Diesch decommitted, but losing an OL recruit isn't that worrisome for me.  I know we need them this year, but I also know that we'll be fine.

Oklahawg

Quote from: lefty08 on October 05, 2015, 09:22:25 pm
If the coaches got their feelings hurt by a coach talking his football philosophy, I think we found the reason why the University of Texas' football team is so soft.....

Damn straight.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

OGR69, always nice to have someone come to HV with a connection to our stories of interest. Thanks for sharing what you can. Good luck to your son the rest of the season.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Dropkick

Quote from: lefty08 on October 05, 2015, 09:22:25 pm
If the coaches got their feelings hurt by a coach talking his football philosophy, I think we found the reason why the University of Texas' football team is so soft.....
I think Kliffy is the one with hurt feelings. Has he won a game since mouthing off?

Hawgfan5

When you recruit against high level programs this happens. Every year and every team. It sucks that its a player we all liked so much but it happens. I have faith in coach Pittman. Granted... we ideally want to be a little more deep on The O Line than we are currently but our quality is unquestionable. We are in good hands in the OL department. We will get recruits.

redeye

Quote from: Dropkick on October 05, 2015, 11:08:53 pm
I think Kliffy is the one with hurt feelings. Has he won a game since mouthing off?

You think?  We dominated everywhere but the scoreboard and he thinks he kicked our [insert expletive for butt].  Just as we had no business losing that game, he had no business winning it, but mouths off like a common thug.  He should be thankful we didn't hang several dozen on him and he still has a job.

Hawgfan5

Quote from: redeye on October 06, 2015, 12:22:48 am
You think?  We dominated everywhere but the scoreboard and he thinks he kicked our [insert expletive for butt].  Just as we had no business losing that game, he had no business winning it, but mouths off like a common thug.  He should be thankful we didn't hang several dozen on him and he still has a job.

Uhhh... He won. Stop acting like he didn't. Stop with the "he should be thankful. .." bull****. We lost so he gets to talk crap and our coach doesn't.

870hogfan

Quote from: Hawgfan5 on October 06, 2015, 12:43:05 am
Uhhh... He won. Stop acting like he didn't. Stop with the "he should be thankful. .." bull****. We lost so he gets to talk crap and our coach doesn't.

He sounded like an butt hurt idiot. Kliff is very lucky we don't have them on our schedule anymore.

Wildhog

Zero percent chance that his offer got pulled.  Zero.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

lefty08

Quote from: Wildhog on October 06, 2015, 07:59:32 am

That's unfounded
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

havok

Oh well.  He will only have to worry himself sick about defending/blocking against McTelvin Agim one game a year if he goes to another SEC school....as opposed to trying to do it every day in practice.

The real Hogules

I totally agree with this!
There was no rush to extend an offer to Diesch, so our coaches surely had done their homework and was sold on Diesch on and off the field.
The kids gotten a case of cold feet.
I believe that by the seasons end we'll have improved and will be an appealing choice to some serious OL types, looking for coaching that can help get them to the next level.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ricepig

I agree, I was concerned, like RD when he was at aTm in August, and obviously going to other games. I know Bielema doesn't want them to commit until they are 100% sure, my guess, he never was. That said, we need 2 OT's in a worse way in this class.

Russ22

For the latest Arkansas High School 7-on-7 football news:

http://7on7football.blogspot.com/

ricepig

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: rljjr on October 05, 2015, 03:21:53 pm
Have fun at Baylor, kid.
Yeah competing for conference championships and being in the NC playoff discussion is such a drag.

RME

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on October 06, 2015, 11:24:36 am
Yeah competing for conference championships and being in the NC playoff discussion is such a drag.

How dare you bring reality into a Hogville discussion!

jackflash

I hope to still see him as a hog. If not wish him well

Jim Harris

Quote from: Porked Tongue on October 05, 2015, 10:12:05 pm
Maybe it wasn't about his talent.

Maybe he doesn't want to be a Razorback now or travel 5-6 hours to college when he can travel 3 or less. Maybe he saw more hotties at the Baylor-Tech game that caught his eye, or he just likes hanging with friends at the Dixie Chicken in College Station. It's OK.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Porked Tongue

Quote from: Jim Harris on October 06, 2015, 11:51:13 am
Maybe he doesn't want to be a Razorback now or travel 5-6 hours to college when he can travel 3 or less. Maybe he saw more hotties at the Baylor-Tech game that caught his eye, or he just likes hanging with friends at the Dixie Chicken in College Station. It's OK.
Exactly.

Maybe it's about something personal from either side.

HogimusMaximus

Didn't he say he wanted to compete for a Big  12 Championship...cant do that at Arkansas.

Bowfishinghogfan

Quote from: hogman78 on October 06, 2015, 08:49:39 am
Yeah let's fire up the flame thrower in the recruiting forum too. Seems like a great idea.

because the product on the field is such a great product. Kids only care about winning. They don't venture to message board.

Oklahawg

Quote from: Bowfishinghogfan on October 06, 2015, 02:40:39 pm
because the product on the field is such a great product. Kids only care about winning. They don't venture to message board.

More bull from the CEO of the HV BS Club.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: Oklahawg on October 06, 2015, 02:54:55 pm
If there's one thing I'm NOT worried about in a Bielema team, it's recruiting offensive linemen. We'll be fine there if anywhere.

Hogdomer

Quote from: Jim Harris on October 06, 2015, 11:51:13 am

If it takes you six hours to get to Fayetteville from Trophy Club you don't know your way.  Three hours to Waco?  Maybe if you are lucky given the traffic on 35.  Driving to College Station and to Fayetteville is a wash.

bigdaddyhawg

Kids only care about winning. 

Not every recruit is as short-sighted and immature as you.  Some actually are capable of seeing a bigger picture.

Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

hawgwash

Quote from: Hogdomer on October 06, 2015, 03:07:50 pm
If it takes you six hours to get to Fayetteville from Trophy Club you don't know your way.  Three hours to Waco?  Maybe if you are lucky given the traffic on 35.  Driving to College Station and to Fayetteville is a wash.
You need to inform Google their maps are all messed up.

hogman78

Keep telling yourself that. I didn't say if you are right or wrong. This isn't the place for it smooth talker.

Bowfishinghogfan

He has won 3 conference games in 3 years. If that's winning to you, you don't set the bar very high. BB and BA have a worse record that jones for TN. Spin it how you will but those are the facts. The number one recruiting sell is a teams success. This was suppose to be the year. Next year will be a down year with all we replace plus breaking in a new QB. You don't get it if you don't think a teams record matters to kids. More everyone gets a trophy club members.
Ill wait for you to explain how you tell me I'm wrong and that both are winning.

ricepig

Quote from: Bowfishinghogfan on October 06, 2015, 05:12:52 pm
He has won 3 conference games in 3 years. If that's winning to you, you don't set the bar very high. BB and BA have a worse record that jones for TN. Spin it how you will but those are the facts. The number one recruiting sell is a teams success. This was suppose to be the year. Next year will be a down year with all we replace plus breaking in a new QB. You don't get it if you don't think a teams record matters to kids. More everyone gets a trophy club members.
Ill wait for you to explain how you tell me I'm wrong and that both are winning.

So, according to your line of thinking, no high rated athletes would go to a program that has a losing record? Are you sure you wish to stick with that?

lefty08

Quote from: Bowfishinghogfan on October 06, 2015, 05:12:52 pm

He has won 3 games in a little less than 2 1/2 years

Get it right, goofball
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

hawgwash

Quote from: lefty08 on October 06, 2015, 05:24:36 pm
He has won 3 games in a little less than 2 1/2 years

Get it right, goofball
In fact, in terms of conference games it's exactly 2 1/4 years.  And he's won 3 of his last 4 conference games.

ricepig

Quote from: hawgwash on October 06, 2015, 05:38:29 pm
In fact, in terms of conference games it's exactly 2 1/4 years.  And he's won 3 of his last 4 conference games.

3 of our last 5.

pigture perfect

shouldnt that be CEO of the HV BF (bull farting) Club. There is no substance coming out of his post except hot foul smelling air.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

The Recruiting Guy

Kellen wanted to visit other schools and Arkansas said no. 

ricepig

Quote from: Richard Davenport on October 06, 2015, 06:50:24 pm

Boom, there you go, thanks for the clarification RD. Bielema likes them to be 100% all in when they commit.

ricepig

Quote from: Porked Tongue on October 06, 2015, 07:03:10 pm
:)

Oh, so you knew that, but felt it was too "risky" to put it out there?

Porked Tongue

You still believing his parents were "surprised"?

lefty08

Quote from: Richard Davenport on October 06, 2015, 06:50:24 pm

hmmmmmmmmmm

Good for Coach B, Id have to think we are in good shape with others for them to stick to their guns like that

Thanks RD!!

Porked Tongue

I'm sure this makes a statement not just now but down the road.

ricepig

Quote from: Porked Tongue on October 06, 2015, 07:11:53 pm
You still believing his parents were "surprised"?

Where did I ever say that I believed that? I only thanked the parent of one of his teammates for giving his first hand conversation with them. I have no idea what they thought, I'll leave the mind reading to you. Now, we're they surprised we'd no longer consider him a "commit" if he took other visits, probably.

Porked Tongue

That first hand conversation was bunk.

Not that the poster lied, but that he was lied to by the parents.

CBB is very clear and there is no doubt the player and his parents were aware of CBB's habit of demanding full commitment.  You were aware of it.

I think it's obvious how this went down.  He choose to look more and was told "no".  If he was surprised like his parents, then he was naive and the UA did in fact boot him when they followed through on their stance.

If you believe he knew the UA would pull it, then you can go technical with a claim he did do it himself.  Even then, it was not his desire to have to decommitt so he could look around.

lefty08

Quote from: ricepig on October 06, 2015, 07:18:07 pm
Where did I ever say that I believed that? I only thanked the parent of one of his teammates for giving his first hand conversation with them. I have no idea what they thought, I'll leave the mind reading to you. Now, we're they surprised we'd no longer consider him a "commit" if he took other visits, probably.

You didnt say it, but someone else did i believe. The guy who knows him personally

jgphillips3

How do we ask kids not to visit other schools if they commit to us with a straight face and yet keep recruiting kids committed to other schools?

lefty08

Quote from: jgphillips3 on October 06, 2015, 09:14:17 pm
How do we ask kids not to visit other schools if they commit to us with a straight face and yet keep recruiting kids committed to other schools?

Its official visits, pretty common thing from what I can gather. He is free to visit whoever, officially or unofficially, but with limited spots this year its his risk