Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Diesch Decommits (official)

Started by Wildhog, October 05, 2015, 01:18:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildhog

October 05, 2015, 01:18:29 pm Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 02:28:56 pm by Wildhog
SicEmSports ‏@SicEmSports  10m10 minutes ago
SicEmSports has learned Trophy Club 2016 OL Kellen Diesch has re-opened his recruiting after decommitting from Arkansas. #Baylor target.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

If this is true, then we've now got only one Texas commitment.

We have two coaches recruiting there full time (Jennings/Singleton) and one that splits time there and in Florida (Hargreaves).  Three coaches recruiting Texas, with one commit to show for it.  Pitiful.
1909/1964/1965/1977

The_Iceman

http://247sports.com/Player/Kellen-Diesch-36475

that's not good. Looked like a solid future tackle for us.

ArkRazr

Danny West confirmed via text. This sucks.

Wildhog

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 05, 2015, 01:30:43 pm
http://247sports.com/Player/Kellen-Diesch-36475

that's not good. Looked like a solid future tackle for us.

We're already short on tackles.  We now need three more OL to go along with Heinrich, and two of them need to be tackles.
1909/1964/1965/1977

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Trey1981

Demaghog

This hurts. We are screwed. We are doing terrible in Texas recruiting.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Wildhog on October 05, 2015, 01:31:37 pm
We're already short on tackles.  We now need three more OL to go along with Heinrich, and two of them need to be tackles.

We do have Wallace, Merrick, and Jackson at tackle, as well as Johnny Gibson. I think we are looking into a JUCO OL as well, not sure if he is an OT or OG. But I agree that another OT in this class would be nice.

Bacon_Bitz

Did not see this coming.  I wonder what happened.

ricepig

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on October 05, 2015, 01:44:12 pm

He was at the Baylor-Tech game this weekend.

Bacon_Bitz

Peppa Pig

Wow.  This is very surprising. 

Aggie fans feel very confident they can get him...but then again, Aggie fans think they'll get everyone.

ricepig

Quote from: Peppa Pig on October 05, 2015, 01:49:01 pm

Aggie fans feel very confident they can get him...but then again, Aggie fans think they'll get everyone.

Yeah, I was a lot more worried with them, then Baylor. I almost posted the other day that we would lose someone, happens everywhere, every year, but there was enough "negative waves" going on, I didn't.

The_Iceman

Quote from: ricepig on October 05, 2015, 01:47:37 pm
He was at the Baylor-Tech game this weekend.

If he would rather block in those offenses, then he didn't have what it takes to play for Bielema anyways.

King Kong

Quote from: Demaghog on October 05, 2015, 01:39:06 pm
This hurts. We are screwed. We are doing terrible in Texas recruiting.

We are getting our buts kicked there. There are about 6 that depend on TX that are all ahead of us in TX.

Sad thing is the staff has proven they are better recruiters than we have had since joining the SEC. But for some reason we can break through in Texas

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on October 05, 2015, 01:44:12 pm

It's no surprise. I like Kellen, but I've had my doubts that he would stick.

King Kong

That's where I assume he goes

RME

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 05, 2015, 01:52:48 pm
If he would rather block in those offenses, then he didn't have what it takes to play for Bielema anyways.

Someone had to be that guy.

ricepig

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 05, 2015, 01:57:06 pm
Someone had to be that guy.

Yeah, and we'll soon see the idiots on twitter saying the same, or worse.

Darren DeLoach

Quote from: Richard Davenport on October 05, 2015, 01:54:25 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^

Better now than in January...
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

ricepig

Quote from: Richard Davenport on October 05, 2015, 01:54:25 pm

Yep, when he went down to aTm during pre-season I had my concerns. So, any thoughts if this is it with him?

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: ricepig on October 05, 2015, 02:01:38 pm
Yep, when he went down to aTm during pre-season I had my concerns. So, any thoughts if this is it with him?

Probably so even though he text me saying he was still considering Arkansas.

ThisTeetsTaken

***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

ricepig

Quote from: Richard Davenport on October 05, 2015, 02:03:04 pm
Probably so even though he text me saying he was still considering Arkansas.

Thanks, I know our staff prefers kids only commit when they are 100%.

CattleCorn

ricepig

Quote from: CattleCorn on October 05, 2015, 02:26:57 pm
In case you're tempted to post something stupid, it happens to everyone: 

It happens to Alabama:  http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2015/08/shyheim_carter_decommits_from.html

It happens to OSU:  http://usatodayhss.com/2015/elite-defensive-end-terrell-hall-decommits-from-ohio-state

It even happens to Aggie schools like Texas A&M: http://espn.go.com/college-football/recruiting/story/_/id/13251328/top-ot-prospect-greg-little-decommits-texas-aggies

It happens.

Yeah, all you need to do is follow @SECfootball on twitter, it happens to every school.

The Recruiting Guy

Help me out here. Without going through a list, I think Kellen is the second to decommit since Bielema has been here. Eluemunor was the first.

Reesedogg000

Well remember folks what Texas Tech coach Kliff Kingsbury said Bielema did at that Texas high school coaches convention this past summer. Now Bielema has gone on the record defending those comments when Kingsbury attacked him but it was confirmed it did happen. Now Bielema said it was sort of taken out of context etc. A national media guy went on the Bo show and said he reached out to several prominent TX high school coaches who were at the convention and they confirmed Bielema's comments. They even added that several of the high school coaches were frustrated by Bielema's comments. I mean don't most Texas high schools run the spread. So let's really think about this, does our struggles in Texas surprise us really considering BB is ruffling feathers with high school coaches down there?

The_Iceman

Quote from: Richard Davenport on October 05, 2015, 02:44:51 pm
Help me out here. Without going through a list, I think Kellen is the second to decommit since Bielema has been here. Eluemunor was the first.

Has Eluemunor even seen the field at Texas a&m? Appears Tretola was the better JUCO in that class.

ricepig

KJ?

Uncommon

KJ HILL

PorkRinds

KJ Hill.

sickboy

Kids who play offensive lineman are going have fun watching our guys get drafted over the next few years. I wouldn't be surprised to see our entire offensive line making it to the NFL. Denver Kirland, Dan Skipper, Sebastian Tretola and Frank Ragnow will certainly have a shot -- Mitch Smothers might as well.

I'm not worried about getting good linemen with this staff. They know what they're doing there.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Reesedogg000 on October 05, 2015, 02:49:07 pm
Well remember folks what Texas Tech coach Kliff Kingsbury said Bielema did at that Texas high school coaches convention this past summer. Now Bielema has gone on the record defending those comments when Kingsbury attacked him but it was confirmed it did happen. Now Bielema said it was sort of taken out of context etc. A national media guy went on the Bo show and said he reached out to several prominent TX high school coaches who were at the convention and they confirmed Bielema's comments. They even added that several of the high school coaches were frustrated by Bielema's comments. I mean don't most Texas high schools run the spread. So let's really think about this, does our struggles in Texas surprise us really considering BB is ruffling feathers with high school coaches down there?

No.  It has nothing to do with that. 

Uncommon

If a high school coach is going to sway one of his players to not go to a school because he somehow felt personally attacked by a comment at a coaches convention about coaching philosophy, then f!@# him and his sensitive ego.

PeabodyHawg

Hate to lose a quality recruit.  Maybe we can persuade him to sign with the Hogs after looking around.  Can't really blame an ~18 year old kid for enjoying the recruiting process and getting to be treated like a dignitary on college campuses.

Some shady things going on with Briles'  staff in Waco.  His Passing Game Coordinator\Son in Law was caught on the Tulsa sidelines when the Hurricanes played OU (dressed in TU colors).  He made it out like he didn't know that was an NCAA violation.

His Offensive Coordinator\Son was suspended for the Lamar game this year for recruiting violations.

Give them time......Baylor gonna Baylor and they'll get caught sooner or later.

tbhogfan

I wish the young man the very best in his life and career (unless he is playing Arkansas, in which case I wish him a very sub-par game).

Time to move on.
Go Hogs!

PorkRinds

I'd also like to point out that if a bunch of TX high school coaches don't want to hear why any coach believes their pro style system is better, don't invite them to talk about their pro style system at your conference.

The Recruiting Guy

Reaching.

LRHawg

There is a 0% chance this has anything to do with his coach and his feelings about CBB and/or his philosophy. We'll find someone to take his place.

Richard_white

This isn't true at all.

rljjr

SemperFi

I hate that we're losing what appears on paper to be an excellent OL recruit. Not sure what would have changed his mind, but he is definitely making a career mistake as Sam Pittman is the best OL Coach in the business. If we has given the top OL in the nation year in and year out then Arkansas would be a pipeline for the NFL at the OL position. Next!
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

WorfHog

Kid was one of our best recruits, hopefully we can get him back onboard.

TNRazorbacker

They kinda have been

Bowfishinghogfan

Let's face it, kids want to play in a wide open face paced offense. The shift is happening all over the country. High school, college and the pros are all shifting to this style offense. That's why finding a great fullback is so hard. We will eventually have to switch if we are to be very competitive. If you have an offense that knows it has to score every time it touches the ball, it puts pressure on the defense to stop them and the offense to score. That's why BP's system was so good.

TNRazorbacker

We will get quality o linemen. This isn't a huge problem. Much more concerned with skill positions

TNRazorbacker

Quote from: Bowfishinghogfan on October 05, 2015, 03:33:45 pm
Let's face it, kids want to play in a wide open face paced offense. The shift is happening all over the country. High school, college and the pros are all shifting to this style offense. That's why finding a great fullback is so hard. We will eventually have to switch if we are to be very competitive. If you have an offense that knows it has to score every time it touches the ball, it puts pressure on the defense to stop them and the offense to score. That's why BP's system was so good.

Petrino didn't run the spread. He runs a pro set much more similar to Bielemas offense than the spread. They just run it in different ways. Any scheme can be successful. It's how you execute that matters most.