Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We need an elite RB in this class

Started by Wildhog, September 22, 2015, 03:22:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildhog

It's not a want.  It's a NEED.  Other SEC schools are stacking their depth charts with elite backs.  If Collins leaves this year, we're in a bad spot next year.

Our offensive line's run blocking is clearly overrated, so we're going to need a back that can make plays happen on his own. 

Do we have any updates on White, Whaley, Porter or Pennamon?  Richard?

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Razorpigg

Love those Hogs

Maybe I'm just a dreamer but I thought it as good news that Cornelius will be eligible to redshirt this year due to his injury.  That could help in the fact that it would give Devin another year to play football with his cuz.
Hogs 4 Life!

redeye

Quote from: Love those Hogs on September 22, 2015, 05:02:46 pm
Maybe I'm just a dreamer but I thought it as good news that Cornelius will be eligible to redshirt this year due to his injury.  That could help in the fact that it would give Devin another year to play football with his cuz.

Let's hope so!

I've actually wanted another elite RB for the past 2 classes and I think we're paying the price for that neglect today.  Madre London may not have been elite, but he's averaging 4.2 ypc for MSU as a true freshman and it's puzzling why we never offered him.  Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of elite RB's this year, which just makes that task harder.

Wildhog

Quote from: redeye on September 22, 2015, 06:21:57 pm
Let's hope so!

I've actually wanted another elite RB for the past 2 classes and I think we're paying the price for that neglect today.  Madre London may not have been elite, but he's averaging 4.2 ypc for MSU as a true freshman and it's puzzling why we never offered him.  Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of elite RB's this year, which just makes that task harder.

Agreed.

I do think Rawleigh's going to be a good one, though.
1909/1964/1965/1977

LRHawg

I hope we are still in the running with Devin White but watching Fournette dominate is certainly not helping. I'm praying for a miracle this year with Rb and hope we find a good one, don't care what the stars are.

redeye

Quote from: Wildhog on September 22, 2015, 06:27:03 pm
Agreed.

I do think Rawleigh's going to be a good one, though.

Yea, I just wish we'd play Rawleigh more.

COCHISE

I agree and we need one every year. Prior to this class, it seems like little emphasis has been put on recruiting the RB position ever since we signed Alex Collins and it's coming back to haunt us.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Wildhog on September 22, 2015, 03:22:52 pm
It's not a want.  It's a NEED.  Other SEC schools are stacking their depth charts with elite backs.  If Collins leaves this year, we're in a bad spot next year.

Our offensive line's run blocking is clearly overrated, so we're going to need a back that can make plays happen on his own. 

even if he stays i agree we need a stud.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

FoozeyHog

I know everyone wants White or Whaley but thats looking like a negative.  But where are all the other RB names,.   Is this yeara class really thin on RBs? 
MODERATORS: they can move in and out of any users still hard-wired to their system. Inside the Hogville forums, they are everyone, and they are no one! We have survived by hiding from them and by running from them, but they are the gatekeepers. They are guarding all the doors, they are holding all the keys which means that sooner or later, someone is going to have to fight them.

I won't lie to you: every single man or woman who has stood their ground, everyone who has fought a moderator has died. But where they have failed, you will succeed.

I've seen a moderator punch through a concrete wall, users have emptied entire clips at them and hit nothing but air - yet their strength and their speed are still based in a world that is built on rules, because of that! they will never be as strong or as fast as you can be! -foozey

onebadrubi

Anything less than 2 SEC running backs in this class is troublesome. 

PharmacistHog

Does collins still leave even with a less than stellar season?
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Fort Dweller

Quote from: PharmacistHog on September 23, 2015, 06:41:35 am

After seeing what happend to J Will and Hatcher, he most likely goes.
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

hawginbigd1

Agreed! I think the thread is the winner for the no-brainer of the year! ;D

ifghog

What makes you think he will have a bad season? I bet he rushes for more than he has the last two years by a long shot.

FIOG

The only one I can give you an update on is White. He is all LSU.

pigskenG

I think we are looking good at DL, although I would still not turn down another top DL. We need two great RB's. I can't see why a RB that is looking to go to the next level would not come with us. Same for OL and TE. We are still in need of DB's with speed that can cover and hit. Overall, and I say this every year, we need to recruit like the big boys, and not be grouped in the recruiting rankings just above Vandy and KY, and on par with Miss St. We sign one 5* player about every 6 - 7 years. In some ways, it's good coaching to get us to where we are. IMO.  Go Hogs.

hawgmasta

After what happened to J. Will, running backs limited shelf life, and his shiftiness and change of direction; AC will be desired in the NFL. I don't see why he wouldn't leave. In college you can have the Fournettes, McFaddens, Lacey's and Petersons; granted some are amazing still in the league at being powerful and fast I believe most NFL GMs would rather have a shifty quick back with decent size that can get you yards but doesn't take a beating by trying to beastmode everyone. Very few guys can take and dish out damage week by week like that; and investing in a guy who will last for years with good speed and vision who avoids hits (emmit smith) is a wise investment.

TNRazorbacker

If we whiff on all the prima donnas (entirely possible if not likely) we are courting who are the fall backs? We are going to have to sign some backs regardless otherwise we' ll be holding open tryouts. What about the AR kid that committed to Boise?

Wildhog

Prima donnas?  It's not their fault we've barely offered anyone.
1909/1964/1965/1977

hoglady

Danny West addressed this on the radio this week.
Said we've put all our eggs in 2 baskets and neither basket is looking good right now.
Said the staff has gone all in on these 2 guys and he doesn't expect either one to end up a Hog.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Wildhog

Quote from: hoglady on September 26, 2015, 11:12:31 am
Said we've put all our eggs in 2 baskets and neither basket is looking good right now.
We've gone all in on these 2 guys and he doesn't expect either one to end up a Hog.

Which is what I've been saying for months now.
1909/1964/1965/1977

hoglady

Quote from: Wildhog on September 26, 2015, 11:13:04 am
Which is what I've been saying for months now.

His concern was if we don't start branching out to some other backs - we'll be left scrambling to find a back just before signing day.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Wildhog

Quote from: hoglady on September 26, 2015, 11:15:27 am
His concern was if we don't start branching out to some other backs - we'll be left scrambling to find a back just before signing day.

And he's right. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

tophawg19

how would he know who the coaches have been talking to ? i love it when these experts tell us what the coaches are doing
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Wildhog

Quote from: tophawg19 on September 26, 2015, 11:20:49 am
how would he know who the coaches have been talking to ? i love it when these experts tell us what the coaches are doing

Because kids report it 99% of the time.
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on September 26, 2015, 11:17:41 am
And he's right. 

Well, it's their plan, I guess they'll live or die with it.

Wildhog

September 26, 2015, 12:23:29 pm #27 Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 01:22:33 pm by Wildhog
Quote from: ricepig on September 26, 2015, 12:22:27 pm
Well, it's their plan, I guess they'll live or die with it.

CBB's plan will will work or we'll pay him 10+ million dollars to not coach here anymore.  ;)
1909/1964/1965/1977

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: hoglady on September 26, 2015, 11:12:31 am
Said the staff has gone all in on these 2 guys and he doesn't expect either one to end up a Hog.

Yes, I expect the in state kid is going to get an offer before it's all over. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Scott7703

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 26, 2015, 01:28:04 pm
Yes, I expect the in state kid is going to get an offer before it's all over. 

He should have already been offered. Get Crockett in the fold and then spend every waking minute after white and Whaley and pray we land one. But, get at least one in the barn before shooting for the moon.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Scott7703 on September 26, 2015, 01:55:35 pm

He should have already been offered. Get Crockett in the fold and then spend every waking minute after white and Whaley and pray we land one. But, get at least one in the barn before shooting for the moon.

We need to spend every waking minute on getting OT's and speedy back 7 players.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Hogwild

Bruce Jordan Swilling is the guy we need- son of Pat Swilling
QuoteFour weeks into the prep football season and Brother Martin running back Bruce Jordan-Swilling is showing no signs of slowing down. Against John Curtis on Saturday, he had 39 carries for 184 yards and three touchdowns.

Add those totals to his 817 yards from the previous three weeks and the LSU target barely topped the 1,000-yard mark with an unofficial total of 1,001.

QuoteThough he isn't focused on recruiting at the moment, schools are focusing on him. Within the last week he picked up two new offers from Texas A&M and Ole Miss.

"I'm still open to everybody," he said.

Jordan-Swilling picked up an offer from LSU over the summer and also holds offers from Tennessee, Miami, UCLA and Georgia Tech, among others.

jackflash

R Williams looked pretty good against A&M. White and whaley are not the only ones we are recruiting. Just a lot of fans will consider it a failure if we don't either one of them.  We will get another good running that for sure

jackflash

jackflash

The biggest thing I came away with from the A&M game other than are QB was the speed A&M had. Like are kids just wish they had that kind of speed

sickboy

Quote from: jackflash on September 27, 2015, 04:23:03 pm
R Williams looked pretty good against A&M. White and whaley are not the only ones we are recruiting. Just a lot of fans will consider it a failure if we don't either one of them.  We will get another good running that for sure

I've said it a few times. The one position I'm not worried about with these coaches is RB. They'll find guys out there who can tote the Rock and tote it well.

What we need is to significantly upgrade our LBs.

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

Quote from: sickboy on September 27, 2015, 05:56:42 pm
I've said it a few times. The one position I'm not worried about with these coaches is RB. They'll find guys out there who can tote the Rock and tote it well.

What we need is to significantly upgrade our LBs.

Are u serious?  If Collins gets hurt we have nobody to carry the ball 15 times a game. We have no depth at the position. Depth as in someone that can play.

FoozeyHog

Georgia getting  3 crystals on Whaley and their insiders are saying he's a silent.  :puke: :puke:
MODERATORS: they can move in and out of any users still hard-wired to their system. Inside the Hogville forums, they are everyone, and they are no one! We have survived by hiding from them and by running from them, but they are the gatekeepers. They are guarding all the doors, they are holding all the keys which means that sooner or later, someone is going to have to fight them.

I won't lie to you: every single man or woman who has stood their ground, everyone who has fought a moderator has died. But where they have failed, you will succeed.

I've seen a moderator punch through a concrete wall, users have emptied entire clips at them and hit nothing but air - yet their strength and their speed are still based in a world that is built on rules, because of that! they will never be as strong or as fast as you can be! -foozey

King Kong

Quote from: FoozeyHog on September 28, 2015, 01:54:53 am
Georgia getting  3 crystals on Whaley and their insiders are saying he's a silent.  :puke: :puke:

Whaley had also mentioned previously he would silent commit to a school.

PorkSoda

September 29, 2015, 05:40:35 pm #39 Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 05:51:10 pm by PorkSoda
http://arkansas.247sports.com/Season/2016-Football/Offers

according to this,

we are looking thin on prospects if you count out white and whaley,

we are down to 3 guys

to of which are listed as cool and likely headed to other schools

http://247sports.com/Player/Kyle-Porter-37371

http://247sports.com/Player/Kaezon-Pugh-27499

and the last is listed as an athlete with smallish size

http://247sports.com/Player/Aubrey-White-75196

some long shot uncommitted players might be

http://247sports.com/Player/Robert-Washington-21689

http://247sports.com/Player/Trevor-Speights-27392
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Inhogswetrust

Don't worry we can always play a Tight End at Fullback...........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

TNRazorbacker

We'll just have to make our own elite RB

IBleedRazorbackRed

I'm thinking we'll end up with pennamon and hammonds as our rb's this class. I think Hammonds is only listed as an athlete to not scare white and whaley away similar to how the staff listed pettway as an athlete last year for KJ.

Wildhog

Hammonds' profile listing has absolutely zero, nothing, to do with any other prospect.  He could project to several different positions.  Arkansas likes him as a RB.  UGA likes him as a utility player.  I've read that he may also get looks as a DB.  He's just an athlete, as listed.  We're fortunate to have him, and I'm very excited to see him with the ball in his hands.
1909/1964/1965/1977

ChicoHog

RD's article today talks about Kyle Porter from Katy Texas.  High profile program in Houston area.  He is visiting TCU, Baylor, Oregon and Arkansas.  3 spread teams and one power team.  He is a little smaller than many of the backs we recruit but we need a speed guy.  Hope he wants to play in a power offense. 

Wildhog

Quote from: ChicoHog on September 30, 2015, 09:56:24 am
RD's article today talks about Kyle Porter from Katy Texas.  High profile program in Houston area.  He is visiting TCU, Baylor, Oregon and Arkansas.  3 spread teams and one power team.  He is a little smaller than many of the backs we recruit but we need a speed guy.  Hope he wants to play in a power offense. 

I've been high on Porter for a while.  He's big time.
1909/1964/1965/1977

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

WooPig90

Porter would be nice, im sure we are on a few just in case Whaley and White dont work out

The_Iceman

Our RB recruiting is going about as good as Mike Anderson's PF recruiting.

scruf

Hogville Chicken Little Logic:

"If Arkansas doesn't get a highly recruited running back to give them a non-binding verbal commitment in October then all running back prospects deemed to have All-American potential will automatically disappear by signing day. There's definitely no way that any will emerge during their senior year."