Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

our roster by coach whom recruit committed too.

Started by presidenthog, September 22, 2015, 01:18:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

presidenthog

September 22, 2015, 01:18:17 pm Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 01:50:40 pm by presidenthog
Based off of if we were 100% healthy:

QB - Allen - Petrino
RB - JWill - Petrino
RB - Collins - Bielema
WR - Hatcher - Petrino
WR - Cornelius - Bielema
WR - Robinson - Bielema
TE - Henry - Smith
TE - Sprinkle - Petrino
OT - Kirkland - Bielema
OG - Tretola - Bielema
OC - Smothers - Petrino
OG - Ragnow - Bielema
OT - Skipper - Bielema
5 petrino, 7 Bielema, 1 Smith (can count as Bielema)

DE - Ledbetter - Bielema
DT - Hodge - Petrino
DT - Johnson - Petrino
DE - Winston - Petrino
DE - Wise - Petrino
SLB - Williams - Bielema
MLB - Ellis - Smith
WLB - Greenlaw - Bielema
CB - Collins - Petrino
S - Gaines - Petrino
S - Liddell - Bielema
CB - Dean - Bielema
NB - Toliver - Bielema

6 petrino, 6 Bielema, 1 Smith (can count as Bielema)

K - Hedlund - Bielema
P - Baker - Petrino
KR - Hawkins - Petrino
PR - Cornelius - Bielema

it seems that offense was where petrino (especially the line) recruited poorly. odd that the top players on offense are hurt and all petrino recruits (besides HH). Hatcher is our best receiver yet he isn't all world. there are alot of petrino recruits on the defense oddly enough. it's at the Dline which is the sieve of the defense, well LB really is but we was praising the DE'S petrino last signed and now they suck for some reason. it seems that this staff the first recruiting classes didn't get great Dline players. until this incoming class of Dline men get here it is the type of class we have been missing. Froholdt and bell may be good, but guidry and agim are the real deal (holding out a small hope for Lawrence also) what this staff needs to do is get some LBs, WR and RBs.

online-with-swine

One needs to remember that the first CBB recruiting class was built in only a month or 2. 

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: presidenthog on September 22, 2015, 01:18:17 pm

QB - Allen - Petrino
RB - JWill - Petrino
RB - Collins - Bielema
WR - Hatcher - Petrino
WR - Cornelius - Bielema
WR - Robinson - Bielema
TE - Henry - Smith
TE - Sprinkle - Petrino
OT - Kirkland - Bielema
OG - Tretola - Bielema
OC - Smothers - Petrino
OG - Ragnow - Bielema
OT - Skipper - Bielema

DE - Ledbetter - Bielema
DT - Hodge - Petrino
DT - Johnson - Petrino
DE - Winston - Petrino
DE - Wise - Petrino
SLB - Williams - Bielema
MLB - Ellis - Smith
WLB - Greenlaw - Bielema
CB - Collins - Petrino
S - Gaines - Petrino
S - Liddell - Bielema
CB - Dean - Bielema
NB - Toliver - Bielema

K - Hedlund - Bielema
P - Baker - Petrino
KR - Hawkins - Petrino
PR - Cornelius - Bielema

it seems that offense was where petrino (especially the line) recruited poorly. odd that the top players on offense are hurt and all petrino recruits (besides HH). Hatcher is our best receiver yet he isn't all world. there are alot of petrino recruits on the defense oddly enough. it's at the Dline which is the sieve of the defense, well LB really is but we was praising the DE'S petrino last signed and now they suck for some reason. it seems that this staff the first recruiting classes didn't get great Dline players. until this incoming class of Dline men get here it is the type of class we have been missing. Froholdt and bell may be good, but guidry and agim are the real deal (holding out a small hope for Lawrence also) what this staff needs to do is get some LBs, WR and RBs.

Good job. I was going over the roster last night and noticed the same thing.

Bielema's first class was pretty good considering it was put together in two months.

presidenthog

Quote from: Richard Davenport on September 22, 2015, 02:10:05 pm
Good job. I was going over the roster last night and noticed the same thing.

Bielema's first class was pretty good considering it was put together in two months.

the thing is the first class he leaned heavily on what smith had already recruited, then he pulled scholarships from players he didn't want. then he switched to guys he was already recruiting. I'm just wondering at this point if S&C has to do with our lack of speed or if we just recruited like a BIG10 team.

ifghog

Quote from: presidenthog on September 22, 2015, 02:47:44 pm
the thing is the first class he leaned heavily on what smith had already recruited, then he pulled scholarships from players he didn't want. then he switched to guys he was already recruiting. I'm just wondering at this point if S&C has to do with our lack of speed or if we just recruited like a BIG10 team.
Truthfully he probably recruited what he knew..(B10)..I think the SEC has quite the earning curve. I think we will like last year and this years class a lot...he missed the ball some though no doubt...

redeye

Nice work!

The DL stands out the most to me, since they were Petrino's recruits, but Bielema didn't recruit many in his first two classes because we were loaded there.  In addition to those listed, we also had Chris Smith, Flowers and Philon on Bielema's first team.  Tevin Beanum was in Bielema's first class and then Bijhon Jackson, Armon Watts and Anthony Brown were in his second.  Froholdt, Bell, Ledbetter and TJ Smith were in last year's, so along with this year's great haul, I think we're doing well on the DL.  And it makes sense that Bielema would concentrate on the OL at first, considering that's where we were thinner.

YourMom

Those numbers show me the importance of upper classmen. We'll start to see next year who is the better talent evaluator/recruiter.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: presidenthog on September 22, 2015, 01:18:17 pm

QB - Allen - Petrino
RB - JWill - Petrino
RB - Collins - Bielema
WR - Hatcher - Petrino
WR - Cornelius - Bielema
WR - Robinson - Bielema
TE - Henry - Smith
TE - Sprinkle - Petrino
OT - Kirkland - Bielema
OG - Tretola - Bielema
OC - Smothers - Petrino
OG - Ragnow - Bielema
OT - Skipper - Bielema

DE - Ledbetter - Bielema
DT - Hodge - Petrino
DT - Johnson - Petrino
DE - Winston - Petrino
DE - Wise - Petrino
SLB - Williams - Bielema
MLB - Ellis - Smith
WLB - Greenlaw - Bielema
CB - Collins - Petrino
S - Gaines - Petrino
S - Liddell - Bielema
CB - Dean - Bielema
NB - Toliver - Bielema

K - Hedlund - Bielema
P - Baker - Petrino
KR - Hawkins - Petrino
PR - Cornelius - Bielema

So you think our problem is the d-line because it's easy to point there and say "look their all Petrino recruits"  how about me pointing out that ALL the LBers are Bielema's and three of five in the secondary. 

We have problems everywhere, it doesn't matter who recruited them.  The problem is that a lot of the same players aren't playing as well as they did at the end of last season or the aren't playing at all. 

Last year we could play press coverage, this year it seems we can't.  That's a huge problem.

Arkamedes

Quote from: ifghog on September 22, 2015, 03:34:33 pm
Truthfully he probably recruited what he knew..(B10)..I think the SEC has quite the earning curve. I think we will like last year and this years class a lot...he missed the ball some though no doubt...

Was that a Freudian slip?
"The time is always right to do what is right." ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Rise above oneself and grasp the world." ~ Archimedes

hogsanity

one thing to remember is that any Petrino recruit is now a sr or rs jr. All of BB's recruits are either jrs or rs sophs at most, and most are either sophs, rs fr, or true fr.

Some of the prolbems on defense, especially at LB is that there is no real upper class there because there were almost no lb's on campus when BB showed up. SO far in 2 seasons and 3 games, BB has had to start treu FR Ellis at MLB in 2013, and last week they started true Fr Greenlaw at MLB.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

jackflash

I think BB has done the best recruiting at Arkansas since he been here. Have we missed on someone sure. But we been doing that since Frank was coach

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: hogsanity on September 23, 2015, 08:24:05 am
one thing to remember is that any Petrino recruit is now a sr or rs jr. All of BB's recruits are either jrs or rs sophs at most, and most are either sophs, rs fr, or true fr.

Some of the prolbems on defense, especially at LB is that there is no real upper class there because there were almost no lb's on campus when BB showed up. SO far in 2 seasons and 3 games, BB has had to start treu FR Ellis at MLB in 2013, and last week they started true Fr Greenlaw at MLB.

Any LBer's CBB recruited would be so's or Jr's right now not to mention if he had gotten a couple from JUCO.  I bet I could go over the rosters of the top twenty five teams and find that a majority of them are playing so's and Jr's.  Recruiting for that position is difficult to say the least.  Randy Shannon wasn't able to get a top prospect and that hurt.

deedster84

Gotta have loads of respect for those Petrino recruits. They've been through the ringer with this program. Think that made them better leaders.