Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Read the 9:38 update

Started by The Recruiting Guy, September 21, 2015, 10:00:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NLRHog92

We sure are backing off a lot of guys. And when a lot of spots to fill, kinda makes you wonder?  ???

jackflash

are we backing of them because we can't sign them?

RazorPiggie

We have a bazillon schollys? We aren't in a position to be backing off good talent.

klp1

could be Curry is coming.  They seem to be very similar players

Seebs

If we backed off we learned something from behind the curtain.  That kind of back-off would lead me to believe Memphis may be a nice home for him.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: Seebs on September 21, 2015, 10:26:20 am
If we backed off we learned something from behind the curtain.  That kind of back-off would lead me to believe Memphis may be a nice home for him.

Agreed
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

The_Iceman

There better be a good reason we passed on a Top 5 JUCO kid.

-Blu

The_Iceman

Quote from: -Blu on September 21, 2015, 11:25:04 am

Sounds like 2016 could be 2015 all over again if Mike passes on guys early then strikes out late. If that happens, he should be fired following the 2015 season.

razorhog52

Backing off guys the day they commit sounds like saving face for striking out.

-Blu

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 21, 2015, 11:27:48 am
Sounds like 2016 could be 2015 all over again if Mike passes on guys early then strikes out late. If that happens, he should be fired following the 2015 season.

He's getting on court results, that's all that matters.  I'm frustrated with recruiting as well, but if you win you win no matter what your recruiting rankings look like.

With that said if we have a poor 2016 recruiting class, I think it's time to look at assistants, recruiting is mostly on them.  I'm all for loyalty, but you gotta get your job done.  Anyways, I'm going to wait to see what this November class looks like before I get into all of that.  We still got Curry and McGriff that should be making decisions soon, I like our chances with both.

online-with-swine

Quote from: razorhog52 on September 21, 2015, 11:29:49 am

I agree.  It's the fan equivalent of saying "we didn't want him anyway".

The_Iceman

Quote from: online-with-swine on September 21, 2015, 12:32:58 pm
I agree.  It's the fan equivalent of saying "we didn't want him anyway".

Well, he picked Nevada, so maybe we were not the only ones to back off.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 21, 2015, 12:35:51 pm
Well, he picked Nevada, so maybe we were not the only ones to back off.

At first I was like Nevada, seriously? But then saw this and maybe it makes sense.  Could be something beyond talent.  What if there was a say a reason to doubt his eligibility.  Then if Mike did sign him but he didn't pan out people would be saying WTH why didn't make do a better job checking this out.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Considering he just picked Nevada it's more likely we Accepted Eric Curry's commitment this last weekend and told Cook they were moving in another directions

online-with-swine

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on September 21, 2015, 01:23:59 pm
Considering he just picked Nevada it's more likely we Accepted Eric Curry's commitment this last weekend and told Cook they were moving in another directions

I hope this is the case.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Yes, sounds suspicious.

Like the guy that gets turned down after asking a woman out.  "Didn't really want to go out with her anyway"....
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on September 21, 2015, 01:23:59 pm

Now, this could certainly be a positive reason for this. Hope it is.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

razorhog52

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on September 21, 2015, 05:44:35 pm
Now, this could certainly be a positive reason for this. Hope it is.

Would love this. Fans need something positive. Anything.

outlawhogeywells

September 21, 2015, 09:14:09 pm #21 Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 08:40:59 am by outlawhogeywells
Why would you not take both.

Music City Hog

What's the biggest dumpster Fire?   The basketball program or the football program? 

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Music City Hog on September 21, 2015, 09:42:41 pm
What's the biggest dumpster Fire?   The basketball program or the football program?
Uhh.........you actually.

870hogfan

Your post.

Music City Hog

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on September 21, 2015, 09:46:19 pm
Uhh.........you actually.

no, no, no.  I'm way healthier than these two train wrecks.  As for the original question, I'll say the basketball program is still far worse off than the football program and that's really impressive because the football program is fighting with Vandy and South Carolina for the SEC basement. 

I wish we played those two so we could settle this like men. 

WriterWrong

Quote from: -Blu on September 21, 2015, 11:51:28 am
He's getting on court results, that's all that matters.

One season of making it to the tournament, and one win in the tournament, in 4 years is getting results on the court?

My thoughts are, make it to the Sweet 16 or sign Malik. Make at least one of those happen, or he's gone. And, the odds of us making it to the Sweet 16 this season are slim, much less even winning 16 games. The program is not in a good spot.

Debbie Downer post, but things aren't going well.

azhog10

Quote from: WriterWrong on September 22, 2015, 12:08:37 pm
One season of making it to the tournament, and one win in the tournament, in 4 years is getting results on the court?

My thoughts are, make it to the Sweet 16 or sign Malik. Make at least one of those happen, or he's gone. And, the odds of us making it to the Sweet 16 this season are slim, much less even winning 16 games. The program is not in a good spot.

And they are in football? Comapre the two and i could care less if we sign Uncle Rico if we aren't losing to the Toledo's and Texas Tech's of the world.

hog19911

You kidding me? The football program has been historically bad two of Bielemas three years. The basketball program is coming off of the best season in 20 years.

WriterWrong

Quote from: azhog10 on September 22, 2015, 12:41:35 pm
And they are in football? Comapre the two and i could care less if we sign Uncle Rico if we aren't losing to the Toledo's and Texas Tech's of the world.

I never said the football program was gettin results on the field. The past two weekends have been far from seeing good results on the field.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: hog19911 on September 22, 2015, 08:49:08 pm
You kidding me? The football program has been historically bad two of Bielemas three years. The basketball program is coming off of the best season in 20 years.

It was only historically bad for 1 of CBB years so far. Now if things don't turn around this year that statement may become true.

chenalhog

Quote from: NLRHog92 on September 21, 2015, 10:06:56 am
We sure are backing off a lot of guys. And when a lot of spots to fill, kinda makes you wonder?  ???
Name one player we backing off

chenalhog

Quote from: WriterWrong on September 22, 2015, 12:08:37 pm

there is ZERO chance Malik signs with us

hawgtime

i was just thinking that myself!  come on HOGS!

Bubba's Bruisers

For some reason, I think BB will get the ship under control. 

Never thought that about MA, though. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15