Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC NBA Draft Early Entries

Started by Hawg Red, March 24, 2015, 11:19:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

Quote from: riccoar on March 26, 2015, 03:37:07 pm
Haven't you heard?  Instant Powerball Lottery!  3-4 Million guaranteed!  I mean even if they wash out after that, those 3-4 million will last them for the next 50+ years!

I understand it if you are a guaranteed 1st round pick, but some of these kids might not even get drafted.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 26, 2015, 10:58:45 am

I expect Chris Walker to go pro as well.
Seriously? I thought this guy was more overrated than Hunter Mickelson, every time i watched them, I just had to laugh at what the Fla. fans were thinking, that they got hosed!

hawginbigd1

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 27, 2015, 10:27:05 am
I understand it if you are a guaranteed 1st round pick, but some of these kids might not even get drafted.
I am with you Ice, Frazier and Mickey don't make sense to me, right now Qualls is a better prospect than either of them. Frazier may have the most upside though.

Hawg Red

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on March 27, 2015, 10:35:27 am
Seriously? I thought this guy was more overrated than Hunter Mickelson, every time i watched them, I just had to laugh at what the Fla. fans were thinking, that they got hosed!

Yeah, sure. I'm not saying he might go pro because he's season or production was that good. Just that I know he really wants to go pro.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 27, 2015, 10:38:11 am
Yeah, sure. I'm not saying he might go pro because he's season or production was that good. Just that I know he really wants to go pro.
You may be right, but the only thing he showed me was that he was of good size. No shot, no handle, and barely any offensive game. On defense he did alright because of size but was out of position mostly.

The_Iceman

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on March 27, 2015, 10:37:28 am
I am with you Ice, Frazier and Mickey don't make sense to me, right now Qualls is a better prospect than either of them. Frazier may have the most upside though.

These kids are getting paid around $30,000 a year or more right now in debt free education. Something many of us will be paying off for the next 10+ years. And these kids throw it away at a chance for some NBA money, but will likely make little playing in the D-league or Europe.

Hawg Red

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on March 27, 2015, 10:58:25 am
You may be right, but the only thing he showed me was that he was of good size. No shot, no handle, and barely any offensive game. On defense he did alright because of size but was out of position mostly.

Not showing anything has never stopped a kid from going pro. It happens every year. Some kids just don't like school. Walker flirted with going pro last year despite hardly playing.

Hawg Red

Harrison twins have decided to go pro.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 08, 2015, 12:52:01 pm
Harrison twins have decided to go pro.

That's great news for Arkansas. If Bobby and Qualls decide to stay, I think we will be favored for the SEC Championship.

jry04

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 08, 2015, 12:59:56 pm
That's great news for Arkansas. If Bobby and Qualls decide to stay, I think we will be favored for the SEC Championship.
Possibly, but UK will still be good. They will have probably 5 more McDonald's AAs to add, and Poythress, Ulis, Booker, and/or Johnson could return.

The_Iceman

Quote from: jry04 on April 08, 2015, 01:10:21 pm
Possibly, but UK will still be good. They will have probably 5 more McDonald's AAs to add, and Poythress, Ulis, Booker, and/or Johnson could return.

They will be good, but they won't be unbeatable good. This year they were able to keep a bunch of these kids around and not have a huge roster turnover.

jry04

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 08, 2015, 01:13:50 pm
They will be good, but they won't be unbeatable good. This year they were able to keep a bunch of these kids around and not have a huge roster turnover.
I agree they won't be near as good, but that wasn't my argument. I am saying the odds are they will still be the favorite to win the SEC. They will still have top 5 or 10 talent, and will be rewarded benefit of the doubt due to being in 4 of the last 5 final fours.

-Blu

Insert... Malik Newman

MikePiazza

I think next year's UK team will look a lot like the '14 Wildcats did; very good, but also very beatable. They got hot in the tourney and got to the final.

I'm not sold on Skal Labissiere. Maybe I'm an idiot but I don't think he's nearly the stud Julius Randle or Karl Towns was.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

Hog and Eggs

I doubt we would be favored. We would have to be REALLY good to be projected over a Cal team. I have my doubts that it will happen. Not saying we won't ever be better, just saying that I doubt we will ever be projected as better.

Hawg Red

Karl-Anthony Towns, Willie Cauley-Stein, Devin Booker, Trey Lyles, Dakari Johnson, and the Harrison twins are going pro.

Alex Poythress is undecided, per John Calipari.

gmarv

Quote from: Hog and Eggs on April 08, 2015, 09:10:34 pm
I doubt we would be favored. We would have to be REALLY good to be projected over a Cal team. I have my doubts that it will happen. Not saying we won't ever be better, just saying that I doubt we will ever be projected as better.
if portis and qualls come back we will be really good in my opine.

Hawg4life33

Quote from: Hog and Eggs on April 08, 2015, 09:10:34 pm

All depends on how UK finishes up their recruiting. As of now Ullis, Polythress and their 3 recruits don't strike a ton of fear into people. Knowing Cal they prolly have every remaining 5 star commit in the next week.

Hog and Eggs

Quote from: Hawg4life33 on April 09, 2015, 03:13:54 pm
All depends on how UK finishes up their recruiting. As of now Ullis, Polythress and their 3 recruits don't strike a ton of fear into people. Knowing Cal they prolly have every remaining 5 star commit in the next week.

Sure, just speaking based upon past history. If Port is and Qamalls come back, I would really like to see a third guy take the reigns and become our third option. Too often this past season we would be stagnant waiting on one of our top two take over.