Started by Soooie21, December 21, 2017, 04:35:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Soooie21

Hoggish1

Ugly Uncle

Remind me at Dennis Johnsom .
Retired Radio Host

dhizzle

Guess I'm going to have to watch a couple of Nevada  games to see if he does the same thing.

Soooie21

It is comical to watch him throw guys around...a 2 star, who rated him..

Hopeful Hog

Beavthompson

That QB blocks worse than Deion Sanders tackled. On one play the RB cuts back and the qb is lined up to at least slow down both defenders. He completely  nopes out of the way.
Say no to drunk posts! Unless its a great idea!

Lanlord

ShadowTheHedgehog

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Beavthompson on December 21, 2017, 05:08:49 pm
That QB blocks worse than Deion Sanders tackled. On one play the RB cuts back and the qb is lined up to at least slow down both defenders. He completely  nopes out of the way.

He probably threatened to eat him if he blocked someone he wanted to hit...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

RockyMtnHog

He looks like a gorilla.  Sign him up.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

3dawghawg

Who is he? What size is he? Looks like a monster

jcul28

Lee had an exceptional year. Lead his team to the 3A State Title. A better understanding of how good he is would be watching their playoff games. Their district isn't real tough but they steamrolled the playoffs until the title game where they win 14-7. Very hard runner who seemed to get stronger as the game went along. I was surprised when I heard he chose Nevada earlier in the season(not sure when he verbaled).

SooieGeneris

I only watched about 30 seconds, all I needed to see.

That looked like Marshawn Lynch playing against a Junior High team, which I think he practiced with when he was suspended earlier this season, maybe it was HS.

It wasn't enough that he flipped that one kid, then he hurdled another who tried to go low.

A man among boys!
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

jackflash

I like the video myself, but if I where to offer a RB this year I would want speed say 4.3

liljo

That, my friends, is a werewolf wearing a helmet and pads.
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

GO

DiamondHogFan

Something doesn't seem right here.  Looks unstoppable, yet a 2* headed to Nevada.

hogsanity

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on December 22, 2017, 09:21:51 am
Something doesn't seem right here.  Looks unstoppable, yet a 2* headed to Nevada.

your answer is in this comment:

Quote from: SooieGeneris on December 22, 2017, 12:35:53 am

A man among boys!

A kid who developed physically ar beyond his peers, so he is literally a man among boys. Won't be that way in college, even in whatever conference Nevada is in.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

IronHog

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on December 21, 2017, 04:52:54 pm

DJ didn't need his tape sped up.  Much faster than this young man
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

RaisinHog

He is slower than  H E double hockey sticks

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: hogsanity on December 22, 2017, 09:43:25 am
your answer is in this comment:

A kid who developed physically ar beyond his peers, so he is literally a man among boys. Won't be that way in college, even in whatever conference Nevada is in.
While I see your point and I think you are correct, isn't this the case in a lot high school players?  I mean there are some 4* players in Arkansas playing against 2A competition.

I guess most of the star classifications come based on camps/showcases?

hogsanity

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on December 22, 2017, 10:07:22 am
While I see your point and I think you are correct, isn't this the case in a lot high school players?  I mean there are some 4* players in Arkansas playing against 2A competition.

I guess most of the star classifications come based on camps/showcases?

Which is why coaches do not look at stars, they look at tape or what they see in person. You are exactly right about kids playing against poor competition.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Pudgepork

Strong runner  looks like videos of when Marcus Dupree was in high school.  He's not as slow as some think, not a burner either.  When he broke free I only saw 1 guy slowly closing the gap.  One guy had a good angle on him and then got trucked.    When the tape speeds up they all sped up and nobody was closing the gap. 

wlbrown9

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on December 21, 2017, 04:52:54 pm
Just what I was thinking, maybe just a little heavier than Dennis?

RaisinHog

Quote from: Pudgepork on December 22, 2017, 11:14:05 am
Strong runner  looks like videos of when Marcus Dupree was in high school.  He's not as slow as some think, not a burner either.  When he broke free I only saw 1 guy slowly closing the gap.  One guy had a good angle on him and then got trucked.    When the tape speeds up they all sped up and nobody was closing the gap.

Dude the cat is slow .. do u ever watch film .. the people in the vid are scared too tackle him ..

jcul28

Quote from: RaisinHog on December 22, 2017, 11:40:38 am
Dude the cat is slow .. do u ever watch film .. the people in the vid are scared too tackle him ..

He actually has pretty good speed for a bigger back.

hogsanity

Quote from: Pudgepork on December 22, 2017, 11:14:05 am

Well, there is some issue because he is going to Nevada, and until today I am not sure anyone had ever heard of him.

nsmith

rural, eastern oklahoma kid...

a buddy of mine called his games in the playoffs and said he really was a beast, but didnt have the measurables to get looked at seriously for RB by most Big 12 or SEC teams...   when i watched his videos all i could think about was kiero small at arkansas breaking facemasks when he hit people...   i hope he does this at Nevada; would be a gem the bigger schools let slip away.   

I really feel like teams put too much emphasis on measurables and not enough on heart nowadays.   

as the old saying goes, "its not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of fight in the dog that wins!"

jcul28

Quote from: nsmith on December 22, 2017, 01:31:31 pm
rural, eastern oklahoma kid...

a buddy of mine called his games in the playoffs and said he really was a beast, but didnt have the measurables to get looked at seriously for RB by most Big 12 or SEC teams...   when i watched his videos all i could think about was kiero small at arkansas breaking facemasks when he hit people...   i hope he does this at Nevada; would be a gem the bigger schools let slip away.   

I really feel like teams put too much emphasis on measurables and not enough on heart nowadays.   

as the old saying goes, "its not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of fight in the dog that wins!"

Lee would be very close to 6' and 225. I believe he played around 235 his junior year.

hogsanity

Quote from: nsmith on December 22, 2017, 01:31:31 pm

Really? More of this idea that want to is going to close huge talent gaps. How is a college coach supposed to measure "heart" in a kid? Is heart going to make that 5'10" 175 lb 4.8 cb able to cover that 6'4" 225lb 4.4 wr?

hawgdavis

Strong as an ox slow as one too lol

jcul28

Quote from: hogsanity on December 22, 2017, 02:15:09 pm
Really? More of this idea that want to is going to close huge talent gaps. How is a college coach supposed to measure "heart" in a kid? Is heart going to make that 5'10" 175 lb 4.8 cb able to cover that 6'4" 225lb 4.4 wr?

Speed is one thing out wide but I like heart in the middle over speed. I see your point though.

RedRock

Dude runs angry and I like it.  Afraid ramming SEC LBs with his head would lead to short football career.

thebignasty

Quote from: IronHog on December 22, 2017, 09:57:11 am

DJ didn't need his tape sped up.  Much faster than this young man

Also true.  Just runs a little like him.  Also think that kid is probably DJ sized

Wooderson

I always like when we have a big physical back.  Not to say this guy should have been offered. Just wonder if once the abundance of TEs and FBs falls off the roster if we will recruit a physical back like Broderick Green or David Williams.
Give me liberty, or give me death!

longtimeHogfan

Fulback bending linebackers face masks.
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

Piggfoot

What difference does it make if the film speed is increased after he is in the clear?
The important thing was his power and determination.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Cambridge Hog

What great balance he has. Those spin moves. Very tough to bring down.

Wish him well.

texas tush hog

Science Fiction Greg

That kid mows with an attitude.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

Oklahawg

This guy was MVP of the 6A-1 CG and is a wrecking ball at 5-9 x 195. Never saw him go backwards in two years of watching him at Owasso.

Best offer? NSU in Tahlequah. Looks from SMU and North Texas.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/9358176/bryce-cabrera

Too slow for our offense but plays like a beast and the best competition in the country couldn't slow him down. OKC John Marshall doesn't see this type of competition.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

jcul28

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 23, 2017, 03:04:34 pm
This guy was MVP of the 6A-1 CG and is a wrecking ball at 5-9 x 195. Never saw him go backwards in two years of watching him at Owasso.

Too slow for our offense but plays like a beast and the best competition in the country couldn't slow him down. OKC John Marshall doesn't see this type of competition.

For sure John Marshall doesn't see competition like in class 6A but there are some good players in 3A. Especially on the OL and DL. High School All-Americans and plenty of talented players. John Marshall's toughest 3A games we're probably Idabel, Jones and Beggs. It's hard to compare classifications other than size of schools and recruitment of players. Idk a lot of teams that would beg to play Millwood.

Oklahawg

Quote from: jcul28 on December 23, 2017, 03:12:40 pm
For sure John Marshall doesn't see competition like in class 6A but there are some good players in 3A. Especially on the OL and DL. High School All-Americans and plenty of talented players. John Marshall's toughest 3A games we're probably Idabel, Jones and Beggs. It's hard to compare classifications other than size of schools and recruitment of players. Idk a lot of teams that would beg to play Millwood.

Beggs has a lot of team speed also.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

IronHog

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 23, 2017, 03:04:34 pm

Best competition in the country?

Not in those videos
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Calling All Hogs

Wow. He seems to take it really personal if you stand between him and the goal line.

PigPusher

What he does have, as all great running back have, is great balance. The guy has that in spades.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

Oklahawg

Quote from: IronHog on December 23, 2017, 10:00:39 pm

Best competition in the country?

Not in those videos

I'll take Jenks, Broken Arrow, and Tulsa Union and put it against anyone. Might go 0-3 but won't embarrass myself either. All three are better than any HS in Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, ie, some HV geniuses' beloved "recruiting territory."