Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stupid.

Started by BannerMountainMan, December 28, 2017, 11:51:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerMountainMan

Arkansas down to a six seed. I'm tired of this darn
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

BannerMountainMan

I said sh*t instead of darn but dumb autocorrect
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

rude1

Why go looking for stuff just to get upset about it? Many haven't bought in, we got blown out by an unranked team in our only true road game, that right there is probably the biggest draw back to our record thus far in most outsiders eyes.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 28, 2017, 11:51:24 am

That is stupid. 

bigred223

Nothing to worry about at this point.

The_Iceman

Just win and it will take care of itself.

Beaverfever

Who cares about this or being ranked?  The Hogs have mostly beaten a bunch of scrub teams so far. We're about to find out how good they are.  Win the next 5 or 6 games and people will start to notice. 

popcornhog

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 28, 2017, 11:51:24 am

For a team barely in or barely out of the top 25, you'd be looking at about a 5, 6, or 7 seed.

That's what we are right now. If we beat Tennessee, which I think we will, I could see us easily being projected more at the 4/5 seed level.

Keep winning and we'll keep moving up.

As others have said, losing our one true road game by 20+ to UH is still holding us back in terms of rankings at this point.
WPS

hogsanity

why does anyone pay attention to projected seeding in December? It is just some dude guessing to get people to either click his site or call his show or whatever. The only time it matters is come selection Sunday in March.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

BannerMountainMan

I think what I am saying is why is Arkansas going down? Do y'all have any idea? Tell me if you do

RaisinHog

Quote from: Beaverfever on December 28, 2017, 12:07:27 pm
Who cares about this or being ranked?  The Hogs have mostly beaten a bunch of scrub teams so far. We're about to find out how good they are.  Win the next 5 or 6 games and people will start to notice.

Umm we have a top 10 schedule.. idk about scrubs

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: RaisinHog on December 28, 2017, 12:23:52 pm
Umm we have a top 10 schedule.. idk about scrubs
true, we beat at top 15 Minnesota team. And an Oklahoma team that is top 10.

Inhogswetrust

That simply means they think we are ranked no worse than 24th.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

SouthTulsaHog

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 28, 2017, 12:25:37 pm

All this stuff is in the past. Minnesota according to Lunardi is on the bubble. They were top 15 at the time, but there entire resume says they are probably a top 40 team now. The Oklahoma win is going to keep looking better and better as the season goes on.

As for our top 10 schedule, that was weeks ago. Due to the recent cream puffs we had played our SOS is now around 40. Which isn't bad, but not still top 10 like people on here are claiming.

Once again, just keep winning and this will take care of itself. It must be exhausting for some of hog fans to play the disrespect card so much.

pigture perfect

That bracket is crazy. It has 3 SEC teams in it.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

navyhog24

Exactly. There's no way the committee will put 3 teams from the same conference in a single bracket while having one in another. They would try to keep it balanced. This bracket is crap.

AirWarren

bjeffersonhog

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 28, 2017, 12:15:58 pm
I think what I am saying is why is Arkansas going down? Do y'all have any idea? Tell me if you do

Probably because we haven't played anyone decent in almost 3 weeks.  As long as they take care of business in conference play they will get a good seed.

alohawg

This stuff means absolutely zilch. We haven't even begun conference play.  ::)
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

hogsanity

Quote from: alohawg on December 28, 2017, 01:18:15 pm
This stuff means absolutely zilch.

it does to 3 or 4 posters here, but not for any team reason.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

lynbug

We had a much better non-con schedule this which helped our RPI and we have played strong for the most part.  BUT, as we have learned from past seasons, the conference schedule is where the rubber meets the road.  It seems that the SEC is stronger this year which will make our conference wins even more important.  It all starts on Saturday which will be one of our toughest tests.  Win and we should climb.....lose and are we're back working to regroup and regain our reputation.

hogwood

Beat TN we are a 5. Keep winning and it goes up from there. We've played a couple lower RPI teams lately which might explain the red down arrow.

That bracket is ridiculous though. That's the worst draw for any of those teams, but some killer games to watch.

Hawg Red

Apparently this isn't common knowledge around here, but it's December 28, 2017. The NCAA tournament starts on March 13, 2018. Not sure why some are obsessing over projected seeding 72 days before Selection Sunday.

Cinco de Hogo

The only thing this means to me is that every game matters.  In the end seeding matters and winning is the way to a better seed.

hogfan14

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 28, 2017, 12:15:58 pm

Not necessarily that we're going down, but other teams probably moved up since our last few games haven't been very tough

popcornhog

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 28, 2017, 12:25:37 pm

I hear you. I think we've made an excellent case at being ranked. But we're only one spot out and it's only December. Considering that we were not on anybody's radar when the season started, we've climbed quite a bit.

That said, Minnesota is not ranked and OU is 12th (not top 10). So it seems you're overstating our resume a bit in your mind.

All that said, I think we finish the season ranked in the teens.
WPS

Tortfeasor

I kind of like not being ranked. Keeps them hungry with something to prove. Probably changes next week.

Dominicanhog

I like it.. keep the chip on the shoulder as long as possible.. UT ranked, us not, is a win/win...

HogFoo

yeah, nothing but scrubs.  Gave perennial power Uconn their worst loss in 50yrs. Gave OWHO their only loss of the year and what are they ranked?  Beat Minnesota who many believe will fight for big10 .  As some of the other scrubs we played they too are picked to win their conf. As well.  Top10 SOS.  Yeaah, nothing but scrubs.

If you said but 1 thing right in your statement it is this. Win the next 5 or 6 SEC conf games and people will definitely take notice.  In fact I figure when we beat these ranked teams in the SEC not only will the hogs move up, they will jump up leaps and bounds in rankings.  But I'm not worried about it. I like that Mike can use this as motivation to the team showing how they are being disrespectful to the hogs.
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

rljjr

You can't have our SOS and call those teams scrubs.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 28, 2017, 12:07:13 pm
Just win and it will take care of itself.

This x 100. Respect is earned. If they won't give it to us, go take it from them.

Beat every sucka they put in front of us.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Pigasaurus

That puts us about 24th. After SEC play when we win at home, drop couple road games and lose the 2 customary WTH games,  we will be ranked about 24th.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy