Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Father of Dead Marine Ordered to Pay Protester's Legal Fees

Started by tiber, March 30, 2010, 10:41:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tiber

Think for a minute regarding what kind of society we have become where this is allowed to take place -

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/03/30/westboro.baptist.snyder/?hpt=T2

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/29/father-of-dead-marine-ord_n_517614.html

Put politics aside. 

Put law aside. 

If you were allowed to reap vengeance against people that had the audacity to desecrate a man's final resting place like this in the presence of his grieving family, how would you proceed?

cw2

Well get ready.  I think it is 110% deplorable, but the "powers that be" in this country right now will uphold it.  I feel like I'm living in bizzaro world every time I turn on the TV.

Ugly Uncle

Nope.  Not going to pay it.  Not one penny.  I would lose everything I had before I gave those crazy idiots a single dime.
Retired Radio Host

Ransom

He won millions from them in a suit, so why not pay $16,000....?

...for a bomb or bulldozer to tear that church down.

How in the world are they not seen as a terrorist organization? I can't believe this country is allowing the demonization (word?) of our troops, who put their lives on the line every single waking second...

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Ransom on March 31, 2010, 02:14:01 am
He won millions from them in a suit, so why not pay $16,000....?

...for a bomb or bulldozer to tear that church down.

How in the world are they not seen as a terrorist organization? I can't believe this country is allowing the demonization (word?) of our troops, who put their lives on the line every single waking second...

That judgment was thrown out.
Retired Radio Host

RazorbackRon

Also being discussed in the politics forum.

Bill O'Reilly has agreed to pay the $16,500 legal bill for the fallen Marine's father.

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/oreilly-marine-funeral-protesters/2010/03/30/id/354287

Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

justanotherdisappointedfn

RazorWire™

He needs to geta Paypal account , veterans would help pay it in a hurry. And Hurrah for B.M.

RazorbackRon

I don't see how these people can even be considered a 'church'. 

http://news.yahoo.com/s/csm/20100331/ts_csm/291560

"Military funerals have become pagan orgies of idolatrous blasphemy, where they pray to the dunghill gods of Sodom and play taps to a fallen fool," states a press release posted on the church's website, announcing the rally at a memorial service for Lance Cpl. Justin Wilson. At the bottom of the press release are printed the words "Thank God for IEDs," referring to the roadside bombs that have killed thousands of troops in both wars.
Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

Ugly Uncle

I have a son that I dearly love.  If he were to pass away, and one of those animals showed up in my line of vision, or if I could even faintly hear them, I don't know what I would do.

I guess they get attention because of people reacting, but there are only about 150 of them.  They aren't growing, and they will all eventually pass away.  Let's just pray they do quickly of natural causes.  The worst thing that could be done is to make this a bigger story than it already is.

However, I kind of like disapointed's approach to it.
Retired Radio Host

hogman

not the first time i've read that article. I want to tag along in that area so i can beat some ass everytime i see a protester at the funeral of a fallen comrade desicrating the service and sacrifice a fellow soldier laid his life for. I'd pay 16k and go homeless to see that church bull dozed and all of their family be taught a lesson.

cosmodrum

The sad thing is that these "people," if you can call them that, call themselves Christians. They are FAR from it.

I know two wrongs don't make a right, but I'd almost like to see a group of people get together and protest at one of their loved ones' funerals. See how THEY like it.

Scum...
Go away, batin'

Éireannach Collach

These people are not in anyway Christians. They are, however, the scum of the earth and there is a special place in hell reserved just for them.
"This is my Frito Pie. There are many like it but this one is mine. My Frito Pie is my best friend. It is my life. I must consume it as I must consume air. Without me, my Frito Pie is useless. Without my Frito Pie I am useless. I must prepare my Frito Pie correctly. I must eat my Frito Pie faster than my neighbor, who is trying to steal my Frito Pie. I must neutralize him before he takes my Frito Pie from me. I will. Before God I swear this creed: my Frito Pie and myself are defenders of all things D.S.T., we are the masters of Hogville and D.S.T.'s enemies, we are the saviors of all life. So be it, until all love Frito Pie and Hogville, then peace. Amen."

pigture perfect

I would go to jail before I would pay those suckers a dime. This is not new behavior though. As achild of the 60's and 70's I emember the vietnam war protests. This is mild compared to it. You would think that we would have evolved a little more that to repeat it, at any level, however.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

cosmodrum

Quote from: pigture perfect on June 24, 2010, 10:41:16 am
I would go to jail before I would pay those suckers a dime. This is not new behavior though. As achild of the 60's and 70's I emember the vietnam war protests. This is mild compared to it. You would think that we would have evolved a little more that to repeat it, at any level, however.

The Vietnam protests were at least guided by moral principle, albeit often misguided. These people are in it for the money. They WANT you to assault/hit them. Then they come with the lawsuits. Pathetic excuse for humans.
Go away, batin'

Veritas Arkansas

The 1st Amendment was designed to protect unpopular speech.

Want to really get under the skin of these truly horrible human beings?  Ignore them.  Reacting, in any way, gives them and their disgusting message the force they seek.

Kudos to the Patriot Guard for doing what they can to keep these jokers out of sight and mind wherever they show up.
Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 02, 2017, 03:02:35 pm
I like to refer to myself as a bigot.  I have every right to be.

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on October 06, 2017, 01:23:52 pm
White Nationalists aren't any more evil than homosexuals.

the 1 and only

Quote from: 240bgunner on March 31, 2010, 04:12:27 pm
ive strongly considered buying a motorcycle so i could become a freedom rider, and take soldiers home.  and whip the a$$ of any chicken$h!t that wanted to protest there. 

do it sir the experience will be worth it.
It was for me.
molon Labe

Use your rights before you lose them

DoggtownHog

Here is the link to contact these closet homosexuals. I just wrote them inquiring about their schedule. I told them let me now the next time you're around LR. That I wanted to deliver them some piss filled water balloons. I called them several names and accused them of raping baby Jesus dolls(amongst other things). Here is a direct link to contact those POS.
http://www.godhatesfags.com/contact.html
How stupid a man is depends on where he's standing.

Veritas Arkansas

Quote from: DoggtownHog on July 08, 2010, 11:59:33 am
Here is the link to contact these closet homosexuals. I just wrote them inquiring about their schedule. I told them let me now the next time you're around LR. That I wanted to deliver them some piss filled water balloons. I called them several names and accused them of raping baby Jesus dolls(amongst other things). Here is a direct link to contact those POS.
http://www.godhatesfags.com/contact.html

If you ignore them, they go away.

If you provoke/respond, you do exactly what they want you to do.

the 1 and only

Quote from: Veritas Arkansas on July 08, 2010, 12:02:10 pm
If you ignore them, they go away.
If you provoke/respond, you do exactly what they want you to do.

Look into joing the patriot guard.
They have the answer that group with know name
has been had there bluff called.
molon Labe

Use your rights before you lose them

hog.goblin

Quote from: Veritas Arkansas on June 27, 2010, 04:26:40 pm
The 1st Amendment was designed to protect unpopular speech.

Want to really get under the skin of these truly horrible human beings?  Ignore them.  Reacting, in any way, gives them and their disgusting message the force they seek.

Kudos to the Patriot Guard for doing what they can to keep these jokers out of sight and mind wherever they show up.

The problem is the media needs to ignore them...and they won't.

FYI, I'm about to experience their stupidity at a funeral.  I'm hoping the patriot guard makes a big showing to prevent some folks at Westboro from getting themselves killed.  They are venturing into lands and a people they know nothing about.

Veritas Arkansas

Quote from: hog.goblin on July 13, 2010, 12:04:24 am
The problem is the media needs to ignore them...and they won't.

FYI, I'm about to experience their stupidity at a funeral.  I'm hoping the patriot guard makes a big showing to prevent some folks at Westboro from getting themselves killed.  They are venturing into lands and a people they know nothing about.

The media is going to report what will drive AD revenue.

There are a million crazy people in the world, with a million crazy disgusting messages.

Ignoring them is the worst thing that you could do to them.

hog.goblin

Quote from: Veritas Arkansas on July 13, 2010, 12:35:41 am
The media is going to report what will drive AD revenue.

There are a million crazy people in the world, with a million crazy disgusting messages.

Ignoring them is the worst thing that you could do to them.

Breaking news is that Boone County Arkansas enacted an emergency ordinance making any such disturbances a misdemeanor.  It probably won't hold up, but it will for the few days it's needed.

razorbacker231

it's an outrage, but to answer your question how would I react. 

I would dress them up as Americanized as possible and let them fight their war, their way.  Instead of trying to fight enemy, let them try to convert them.  If they are so sincere in their belief, load them up on a C130 rig em up with a T10 Charlie and throw them out, right into a Taliban hotbed.  Let them preach to the real enemy, not the people fighting them.

See how long they last without those soldiers protecting them.

Cartoon Man

It's amazing how this country has changed in my 50 years.

Veritas Arkansas

Quote from: minister on August 31, 2010, 05:48:56 pm
It's amazing how this country has changed in my 50 years.

It's changed in any number of ways.

Some good, some bad, some indifferent.

There were crazy disgusting people 50 years ago too...