Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lane Kiffin

Started by Cinco de Hogo, October 12, 2017, 01:21:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on November 06, 2017, 12:25:30 pm
LOL,  seem to be a slight change in temperament since I first posted this.  Desperation?

Maybe people looked at his record.. I agree he'd like Florida.. they may give him a shot.. he Could be awesome there..

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on November 06, 2017, 12:25:30 pm
LOL,  seem to be a slight change in temperament since I first posted this.  Desperation?
lol Yeah my standards drop every Saturday!

King Kong

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 06, 2017, 11:46:12 am
Hope you were being sarcastic since he's 6-3.  To put this in perspective they went 3-9 for the last 3 years.  So bash him for his attitude, maturity, personality, but don't say he can't win at FAU.

To go further with your point 6 wins is the most they have had since 2008. If he goes 2-1 down the stretch it will tie the most wins in program history since they went DI. 3-0 would be the school record since becoming DI

IMO he will win out.

The Hogfather

Quote from: King Kong on November 06, 2017, 12:56:23 pm
To go further with your point 6 wins is the most they have had since 2008. If he goes 2-1 down the stretch it will tie the most wins in program history since they went DI. 3-0 would be the school record since becoming DI

IMO he will win out.

I would be really excited to have Lane Kiffin as our coach, but I don't think Long will do it.

King Kong

https://audioboom.com/posts/6432166-lane-kiffin-on-his-crazy-career-path-time-w-saban-his-last-day-at-ut-fau-s-matchup-w-wku-on-3hl

Excellent interview with Kiffin. I think is shows his personality and self awareness and growth since he was last a HC.

King Kong

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 06, 2017, 12:57:43 pm
I would be really excited to have Lane Kiffin as our coach, but I don't think Long will do it.

Hopeful, Jeff will actually do his due diligence and give him a solid look.

But yeah I could see Long saying I don't want to deal with his perception.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 06, 2017, 12:57:43 pm

Not at the top of my list but I think recruiting would go up, and record would improve.  National media buzz/attention would be more than almost any other candidate we could hire.  His "baggage" is much different than say a Chip Kelley or even a BP.  It comes more from him being a wise ass than anything else.  Would be much more entertaining than what we have now, and let's face it, CFB is all about entertainment.  He might be a controversial hire, but less divisive than say GM, and I'm not saying GM is divisive but the hire might be.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

The Hogfather

Quote from: King Kong on November 06, 2017, 01:00:03 pm
https://audioboom.com/posts/6432166-lane-kiffin-on-his-crazy-career-path-time-w-saban-his-last-day-at-ut-fau-s-matchup-w-wku-on-3hl

Excellent interview with Kiffin. I think is shows his personality and self awareness and growth since he was last a HC.

How could you turn this down???

Hoggie17

Lane Kiffin is very good developing QB's.  We could do a lot worse.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 06, 2017, 12:29:19 pm

LOL!  I think that room is getting very crowded.

King Kong

Quote from: Hoggie17 on November 06, 2017, 01:31:19 pm
Lane Kiffin is very good developing QB's.  We could do a lot worse.

This is key for us to compete IMO

King Kong

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 06, 2017, 01:03:50 pm

Almost as good as Paul Petrino's ring the bell

gmarv

His stock might rise if he could bring his daddy with him.

hogcam

My 1st choice. He would bring excitement and attention to AR. Plus he is a heck of a coach and could recruit.

Hoggie17

He has an exciting way about him. He will fill the stadium. He would be gunning for Alabama. He does have knowledge of Arkansas.

Lane Kiffin and Mike Norvall are my top 2 for the Arkansas job.

King Kong

Quote from: hogcam on November 06, 2017, 02:12:02 pm
My 1st choice. He would bring excitement and attention to AR. Plus he is a heck of a coach and could recruit.

Yeah Kiffin won't be surprised by that SEC shock that many experience coming to this league.

He knows what this league is

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Hoggie17 on November 06, 2017, 02:25:31 pm
He has an exciting way about him. He will fill the stadium. He would be gunning for Alabama. He does have knowledge of Arkansas.

Lane Kiffin and Mike Norvall are my top 2 for the Arkansas job.

Only problem I have with that is I don't know if I want someone "gunning for Alabama"  again so soon.  LOL. I'm kinda joking I think, understand?

HOGINTENNESSEE

ipigsooie

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 06, 2017, 12:29:19 pm

This comment is the winner!

TrueBlue

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on November 06, 2017, 02:48:02 pm
Only problem I have with that is I don't know if I want someone "gunning for Alabama"  again so soon.  LOL. I'm kinda joking I think, understand?

One thing is for sure, Kiffin would get under Saban's skin quick and it might rattle him a little. At the very least, it would be fun and give us some national spotlight.

1highhog

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 06, 2017, 01:03:50 pm

LOL, what the heck was that?? Excited much???

Wildhog

I don't see Jeff Long even calling Joey Freshwater.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: Wildhog on November 07, 2017, 03:49:32 pm
I don't see Jeff Long even calling Joey Freshwater.
It is doubtful. But what if Long wasn't the one making the calls?

King Kong

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 07, 2017, 03:54:26 pm
It is doubtful. But what if Long wasn't the one making the calls?

We could end up with the coaching steal of a lifetime

The Hogfather

Quote from: TrueBlue on November 06, 2017, 06:50:47 pm
One thing is for sure, Kiffin would get under Saban's skin quick and it might rattle him a little. At the very least, it would be fun and give us some national spotlight.

This is a reason why I really like the idea.  Great offensive mind, has been a head coach in the SEC, has coached under Saban (inside knowledge and can get under his skin), great pedigree, should have some good Florida recruiting connections (and Cali?).

Dominicanhog

November 08, 2017, 07:48:26 am #75 Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 07:58:34 am by Dominicanhog
Quote from: King Kong on November 07, 2017, 07:26:59 pm
We could end up with the coaching steal of a lifetime

Not sure about of a lifetime, but he is damaged goods similar to BP.. getting them on the cheap, when nobody wants them.. I think Lane will have several offers after this year...

He, along with Neal Brown, Mike Norvell, Matt Campbell and Mark Stoops are who I'd like Jeff to at least try for... I'd be happy with any of the 5...

The Hogfather

I really think this should be our guy.

deedster84

#1 Campbell but buyout is LARGE
Kiffin
Strong
Norvell

hollywood hog

Kiffin would be a great hire.  Worst case scenario he brings in recruiting classes like we've never seen before.  We'd be bowling each year the next few years and if he couldn't get above 8 wins by year 4 we can him and move on with the talent he brought in. Should be able to get him relatively cheap and because of his past probably wouldn't receive a huge buyout figure.  I actually think he'd win here though and wouldn't need replaced.  And this program could definitely use the national attention he would bring. We hire this man in January and February signing class would look better than anything we've brought in for years. 2019 class would be loaded. 

The Hogfather

Quote from: hollywood hog on November 13, 2017, 04:35:28 pm
Kiffin would be a great hire.  Worst case scenario he brings in recruiting classes like we’ve never seen before.  We’d be bowling each year the next few years and if he couldn’t get above 8 wins by year 4 we can him and move on with the talent he brought in. Should be able to get him relatively cheap and because of his past probably wouldn’t receive a huge buyout figure.  I actually think he’d win here though and wouldn’t need replaced.  And this program could definitely use the national attention he would bring. We hire this man in January and February signing class would look better than anything we’ve brought in for years. 2019 class would be loaded. 

I think the offense they are running at FAU is what we need.  Mix between Alabama-style pro and Baylor-style spread.  He now knows what's up in the SEC, has been a head coach at a place in the SEC with huge expectations, AND has been OC under the best coach of our lifetime.  He should have pretty good recruiting ties throughout the south now.  I think he will kill it at his next stop.

TrueBlue

The Lane Train would get us faster to our destination than the Gus Bus.

The dude brings some swagger with him as well. The recruits love that.

Hawginj

Quote from: TrueBlue on November 14, 2017, 08:49:39 am

This is true

King Kong

Quote from: TrueBlue on November 14, 2017, 08:49:39 am

New things called buyouts. Prevent coaches from moving. We pay in the top 17 for coaches in the most prestigious conferences. Throw in a SEC non compete and it's close to 6 jobs better than ours and most of them already have their HC

If he gets it rolling here like CBP it is unlikely he would move. If he didn't we would still be in a much better position than we are now. The CBP thing killed us because of the time of year he was fired.

Sivad

He knows the SEC at its highest level.
He can recruit.
He brings excitement and attention.
He can coach.
We need all of those qualities.

Styflin

Quote from: Sivad on November 14, 2017, 09:05:35 am
He knows the SEC at its highest level.
He can recruit.
He brings excitement and attention.
He can coach.
We need all of those qualities.

Yes we do

TrueBlue

With the upgraded facilities, fan base, and being the only "show" in town, I think Lane would crawl to Arkansas.

It would get us on the national radar quick. (and piss off Saban in the process!)

Justifiable Hogicide

Lane Kiffin is what we need right now.
The other names mentioned  are just a long shot roll of the dice and have no "wow" factor either.

Cinco de Hogo

It would be strange if Tennessee got Petrino and we got Kiffin.

The Hogfather

I think we probably end up with Norvell.  People will think Kiffin has too much baggage.  I think he's grown up and is one hell of a coach.  Really hope he's the guy.

1highhog

I would also be behind Lane Kiffin as Coach, I hate that bastard, but as long as he brings us wins on the field I don't care. 

Dwight_K_Shrute

He speaks very fondly of his time on The Hill as a 2 to 4 year old.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

The Hogfather

Who is the AD we need to hire who will hire Kiffin?  Let's get this done.

King Kong

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 15, 2017, 10:04:16 am
Who is the AD we need to hire who will hire Kiffin?  Let's get this done.

1000% behind you. However, I think the ppl that got along fires have a different plan

The Hogfather

Quote from: King Kong on November 15, 2017, 10:06:18 am
1000% behind you. However, I think the ppl that got along fires have a different plan

Long wouldn't fire Bielema, so they got him fired, so they could choose the coach?  Gus?

King Kong

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 15, 2017, 10:08:39 am
Long wouldn't fire Bielema, so they got him fired, so they could choose the coach?  Gus?

Well I think they go Gus(who I don't think will take it now) then Norvell.

This is going down just like Mike Irwin talked about on Bo Mattingly

The Hogfather

Quote from: King Kong on November 15, 2017, 10:25:46 am
Well I think they go Gus(who I don’t think will take it now) then Norvell.

This is going down just like Mike Irwin talked about on Bo Mattingly

I actually agree.  I won't be thrilled with Norvell or Gus.  I'll be ok with them, but not overly excited.  Hiring Kiffin would make me extremely excited for the future.

cosmodrum

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 15, 2017, 11:29:35 am
I actually agree.  I won't be thrilled with Norvell or Gus.  I'll be ok with them, but not overly excited.  Hiring Kiffin would make me extremely excited for the future.

What makes you excited about Kiffin?

I'd be much happier with Norvell.
Go away, batin'

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 15, 2017, 11:29:35 am

If we hired Kiffin, I would seriously have to reevaluate my feelings about the Razorbacks.  He's a dirtbag and an NCAA investigation waiting to happen.

I'd be good with Norvell.  Folks close to the Memphis program say he's the real deal and has all the markings of a coach with a great future. 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

TrueBlue

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on November 15, 2017, 11:36:52 am
If we hired Kiffin, I would seriously have to reevaluate my feelings about the Razorbacks.  He's a dirtbag and an NCAA investigation waiting to happen.

I'd be good with Norvell.  Folks close to the Memphis program say he's the real deal and has all the markings of a coach with a great future. 

Name a NCAA investigation about/surrounding Kiffin.

TrueBlue

Quote from: cosmodrum on November 15, 2017, 11:30:39 am
What makes you excited about Kiffin?

I'd be much happier with Norvell.

Kiffin is a younger and brighter version of CBMFP.