Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 25, 2024, 10:00:07 pm

Acrobat Reader

Started by hawgwilde, February 02, 2010, 10:26:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgwilde

Lately when I try to open a pdf file to view it, my computer shows it opening, opens a new window, I see the file pop up and then it immediately closes.  Anyone have a clue as to what is occurring?
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Proud to be a European-American since 1968!

SharpTusk

Quote from: hawgwilde on February 02, 2010, 10:26:47 am
Lately when I try to open a pdf file to view it, my computer shows it opening, opens a new window, I see the file pop up and then it immediately closes.  Anyone have a clue as to what is occurring?

I know it's been a while but I've had this happen as well.  I've attributed it to having an earlier version of Acrobat Reader than the download was designed to support.  In my context I have a full version of Adobe Acrobat 5.0 which is compatible with the Acrobat Reader 7.0.  7.0 will open up those things which I can't get open with the full version.  As a work around, I've started using pdfill (www.pdfill.com -- it's free)  to convert the pdf files to something I can use with the full Acrobat.  For instance, I can highlight an area in the full version, the program will convert it to a note, and  can cut and paste the note into a document. 
Writer on  hog database