Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

March 28, 2024, 09:51:54 am

+1 ?????

Started by realpig, December 15, 2007, 08:27:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

realpig

Just curious...what exactly is +1?

I was assuming it came from a moderator or an administrator in agreement of a post, but I see a lot of regular members that put +1 in their reply posts.

And finally...how did the +1 get started?  I don't have the search feature, or I would do a little research. 

Thanks!
Successful people do what unsuccessful people dislike doing.  It's not that they like doing them, but their strength of purpose is greater than their dislike of doing them.

Doug

It's a waste of a post, relating to a totally pediantic feature called "Karma".
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Rooka

Used to on Hogville there was karma, +1 meant they agreed or really like what you posted.  That is why now you see someone say +1 if I could, or other posts of that nature.

realpig

Thanks for the answers.
Successful people do what unsuccessful people dislike doing.  It's not that they like doing them, but their strength of purpose is greater than their dislike of doing them.

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

hawgvet84

So the Karma thing? really means, nothing?

HogISH™

it works like this

before = Karma: +1807/-1957
after = Karma: +1807/-1958

see the difference.... three more smites for hSv and he will have the number of the year is was born in ;)

HogISH
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|...BEER   TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -|
"(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)

Hogville Trash Can Moderator - my theme song:

Isn't it rich, isn't it queer
Losing my timing this late in my career  And where are the clowns  Quick send in the clowns  Don't bother they're here.