Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A GREAT replacement for Adobe Acrobat Reader!

Started by Doug, December 30, 2006, 11:44:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug

December 30, 2006, 11:44:34 pm Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 11:49:25 pm by Douglas
Okay, not sure if you notice or not bout Adobe Acrobat Reader is one of the biggest overbloaded pieces of software out there.  I'm VERY happy to say that I've made the switch, and encourage you all to uninstall Adobe Acrobat Reader and install this instead.  It's also free (open source), uses FAR less memory/RAM and loads PDF's like a summabish, much faster than Adobe could.  Plus, it's not bloated.

Note:  If you're using Adobe Writer, you need to get your paws on Foxit Creator... and it's AFFORDABLE!  Adobe's Writer can run you $99 for the upgrade and $299 for the full installation..  Foxit Creator?  Anywhere from $20 (100+ user licenses) to $35.  Oh SNAP!

http://foxitsoftware.com/

It's virii free, no nagware.  It's the REAL DEAL.  Get it while it's hot!
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

hog.goblin

RebelliousHog

Just loaded it. Haven't had the opportunity to use it yet. Does it open PDF file automatically like AA?
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Doug

You'll have to tell it to remember your decision the first time you use it.  After that, you're set.  Just remember to update it regularly.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

RebelliousHog

How do I do that. I tried to set it as the default reader and it gives me a window that says:
  To reset the default PDF reader to other reader, you need to run the other reader, and set the default PDF reader over there.

WTH
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci