Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Update

Started by lynbug, February 06, 2018, 01:38:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lynbug

My cell phone just beeped (like it always does when ESPN releases anything about my sports teams).  It was a bracketology update.  I'm sure most of you already know this but....they have Auburn and Kentuky as locks.  Arkansas, TAM, Missouri, Alabama, FLorida, Miss. State, and Georgia with "work to do."  Arkansas, RPI--34th, SOS--26th, BPI --45th, and SOR--42nd, is believed to get justified mileage from their victories over OK and TN but could suffer from Auburn and Kentucky being two of their remaining home games.  So....I guess, TECHNICALLY, we're still  in the game.

Grizzlyfan

It seems like a long time ago that it was a "lock" that there would be 8 SEC teams in the tournament. 

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

I want us to be 12 seeds. that's almost a guaranteed trip to the sweet 16
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

lynbug

We have to take it one game at a time, starting with SC.  However, it is nice to now that we have a little more control over our destiny since we play the two "locks" at our place.  Winning those two games would be huge.

riccoar

Protect home and you get 20.  And lynbug is correct, beat Auburn and Kentucky and those would be huge for the resume.

The_Iceman

NCAA Tournament 2020 here we come!

jethro

We will play better against Kentucky at home than any one else left on our schedule.  Our guys play to the name on the other teams jersey.  Kentucky is an exciting name.  We will be excited to play and we will give better effort than any other game.  Other games...meh.
Registered in 2003.

Least post per day average on this board.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

ShadowHawg

Quote from: lynbug on February 06, 2018, 01:38:10 pm
My cell phone just beeped (like it always does when ESPN releases anything about my sports teams).  It was a bracketology update.  I'm sure most of you already know this but....they have Auburn and Kentuky as locks.  Arkansas, TAM, Missouri, Alabama, FLorida, Miss. State, and Georgia with "work to do."  Arkansas, RPI--34th, SOS--26th, BPI --45th, and SOR--42nd, is believed to get justified mileage from their victories over OK and TN but could suffer from Auburn and Kentucky being two of their remaining home games.  So....I guess, TECHNICALLY, we're still  in the game.

We haven't been out all season, technically. Vanderbilt is the huge game.

There is nothing to win even by beating them, so a loss would be disastrous. Auburn and Kentucky are playing with house money with Kentucky being a poor perimeter shooting team that lacks elite quickness at the point.

There are very few locks at this point of the season.

Dirty

gmarv54

how is Kentucky a lock and no mention of Tenn. I know it is probable just oversight but I think Tenner would be a lock before Ken. am I missing something?

hogsanity

Quote from: jethro on February 06, 2018, 02:41:34 pm
We will play better against Kentucky at home than any one else left on our schedule.  Our guys play to the name on the other teams jersey.  Kentucky is an exciting name.  We will be excited to play and we will give better effort than any other game.  Other games...meh.

They will play better against Ky because of the remaining home games Ky is the worst shooting, especially from the perimeter, of them all. Also they can be very sloppy with the ball.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

code red

Quote from: hogsanity on February 08, 2018, 08:15:42 am
They will play better against Ky because of the remaining home games Ky is the worst shooting, especially from the perimeter, of them all. Also they can be very sloppy with the ball.
would be a huge win.  Color me skeptical.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou