Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Early Signing Period Rating for Arkansas is disturbing

Started by Randy Beaver, January 25, 2018, 10:53:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy Beaver

My wife and I were studying the early signing period rankings Saturday night before bed.  We were alarmed and somewhat panicked at what we found.  We immediately texted our discussion group what we had uncovered as well. Here is what we found for SEC schools in the national rankings:  1. Georgia 5. Alabama 10. Auburn 12. LSU 16. Florida 17. Tennessee 18. South Carolina 25. MS State 30. TX A&M 33. Kentucky 35. Vandy 37. Ole Miss 43. Missouri 82. Arkansas. Our NCAA football discussion group decided to have an emergency meeting last night at the Applebee's in Rogers to to figure out what we should do.  After enjoying our 6 oz. sirloin steaks, a couple of Blue Moons, and some friendly conversation, we decided to dig in to the task at hand.  This was an emotionally charged discussion to say the least.  Probably lost one couple from our group for good.  They felt that Coach Morris's offensive scheme can make up for us lagging so far behind in recruiting.  This infuriated the rest of us, and we let them know about it.  They ended up storming out in tears.  Anyway, to make a long story short, we feel that we have found somewhat of a remedy.  The rest of us have decided that we will help in recruiting to try to finish this class out strong and get a head start on next year's class.  We compiled a list of all known targets for this year and next and divided them up among the couples.  We wrote a letter to Coach Morris to get his approval and to see if he would email us a list of targets as well.  Any recruits within driving distance, we plan to drive down and visit them personally.  Others could be contacted by social media.  We felt pretty good after hashing all this out.  A couple from Paragould that is in our group invited us all back to their hotel room in Rogers to hang out.  And what a surprise they had for us when we got there.  They had brought a Yeti cooler full of snow with them from their recent snowfall in northeast Arkansas.  We made snowcream and talked until the wee hours of the morning.  It really was a great ending to a very tense night!!

Rudy Baylor

That's weird. We had basically that very same meeting at the Bonanza in Morrillton.

Just the other day.

Randy Beaver

I'm not familiar with Bonanza.  Is that a theme based restaurant on the tv show Bonanza.  If so, I would love to go there.  That is one of my wife and I's favorite shows.  We dvr back-to-back episodes each week day morning.  We always watch them during dinner.  That Little Joe is a rascal.

Mo_Better_Hogs

That might be my nomination for "entertaining post of the year, so far."

mckinneyhog5

Could swear that this exact post appeared in early January.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Redhogs

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on January 25, 2018, 11:14:17 am
Could swear that this exact post appeared in early January.
This idiot is the biggest troll ever..read his past posts, very enlightening.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Svrdhd

The Russians are trying to influence our message board.
I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

ricepig

Quote from: Svrdhd on January 25, 2018, 11:24:08 am
The Russians are trying to influence our message board.

Even the Russians aren't that stupid...

Hog N Bama

BDSCT51

I'm thinking we need pics of the "other couple" and the "hotel room" happenings for proof.

OH WAIT! This is not the Tavern! Seriously, a screen name of "Randy Beaver" and now this. Trollers gonna troll!
Bleeding Razorback Red

hogsanity

Quote from: Redhogs on January 25, 2018, 11:23:03 am

He is a duplicate acct or acct of someone who got banned. No way is he new. And no way is what he portrays himself.

Plus who would admit that on Sat night he and the wife are studying early signing period stats before bed.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Mo_Better_Hogs

Quote from: Randy Beaver on January 25, 2018, 10:53:00 am
Our NCAA football discussion group decided to have an emergency meeting last night at the Applebee's in Rogers to to figure out what we should do.

I'm sure all our coaches and fans are thrilled you guys are on the job!

After enjoying our 6 oz. sirloin steaks, a couple of Blue Moons, and some friendly conversation, we decided to dig in to the task at hand.  This was an emotionally charged discussion to say the least.  Probably lost one couple from our group for good.

Emotionally charged, I can't imagine.

SemperHawg

Randy Beaver for Moderator ALL Forums 2018!!!!!!!!!

MultipleScoreGasms

Quote from: Randy Beaver on January 25, 2018, 11:06:57 am
I'm not familiar with Bonanza.  Is that a theme based restaurant on the tv show Bonanza.  If so, I would love to go there.  That is one of my wife and I's favorite shows.  We dvr back-to-back episodes each week day morning.  We always watch them during dinner.  That Little Joe is a rascal.

I though this thread was too stupid to comment on, until I read this response.  Then I decided it was too stupid not to comment on.  Besides, I find this question entertaining.  To answer your question.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponderosa_Steakhouse_and_Bonanza_Steakhouse.

I thought the Bonanza chain was out of business.  Guess I was wrong.

AirWarren

Quote from: Redhogs on January 25, 2018, 11:23:03 am

Yet you continue to read his post and comment on them.

Biggest troll ever.....constantly grabbing your ankles and pulling you under the bridge over and over.

AirWarren

My wife and I were studying the early signing period rankings Saturday night before bed.  We were alarmed and somewhat panicked at what we found.  We immediately texted our discussion group what we had uncovered as well. Here is what we found for SEC schools in the national rankings:  1. Georgia 5. Alabama 10. Auburn 12. LSU 16. Florida 17. Tennessee 18. South Carolina 25. MS State 30. TX A&M 33. Kentucky 35. Vandy 37. Ole Miss 43. Missouri 82. Arkansas. Our NCAA football discussion group decided to have an emergency meeting last night at the Applebee's in Rogers to to figure out what we should do.  After enjoying our 6 oz. sirloin steaks, a couple of Blue Moons, and some friendly conversation, we decided to dig in to the task at hand.  This was an emotionally charged discussion to say the least.  Probably lost one couple from our group for good.  They felt that Coach Morris's offensive scheme can make up for us lagging so far behind in recruiting.  This infuriated the rest of us, and we let them know about it.  They ended up storming out in tears.  Anyway, to make a long story short, we feel that we have found somewhat of a remedy.  The rest of us have decided that we will help in recruiting to try to finish this class out strong and get a head start on next year's class.  We compiled a list of all known targets for this year and next and divided them up among the couples.  We wrote a letter to Coach Morris to get his approval and to see if he would email us a list of targets as well.  Any recruits within driving distance, we plan to drive down and visit them personally.  Others could be contacted by social media.  We felt pretty good after hashing all this out.  A couple from Paragould that is in our group invited us all back to their hotel room in Rogers to hang out.  And what a surprise they had for us when we got there.  They had brought a Yeti cooler full of snow with them from their recent snowfall in northeast Arkansas.  We made snowcream and talked until the wee hours of the morning.  It really was a great ending to a very tense night!!

Excellent work as usual.

The NewEra

hogsanity

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

AirWarren

Quote from: hogsanity on January 25, 2018, 11:57:56 am
this whole place has become a joke.

Step outside. Turn on the news.

Welcome to America 2018. Home of the whiney millennial liberal.

BR

MR Randy Beaver & his wife Harriot are fine upstanding folks... Still don't get their thing about AppleBee's...  Last time in Jamaica at Hedonism II in Negril.  They were by far the Biggest Freaks there... 
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Southpointhog

What a weirdo!! Get a grip!!

cjack

Woooo Pig Soooie!

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: BDSCT51 on January 25, 2018, 11:27:37 am
I'm thinking we need pics of the "other couple" and the "hotel room" happenings for proof.

RIGHT! I think everyone is missing the best part of all this. Surely no one thinks the Beav' knows anything about football or recruiting.

However...

A couple from Paragould that is in our group invited us all back to their hotel room in Rogers to hang out.  And what a surprise they had for us when we got there. They had brought a Yeti cooler full of snow with them from their recent snowfall in northeast Arkansas.  We made snowcream and talked until the wee hours of the morning.  It really was a great ending to a very tense night!!

Dude, that is HOT!
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

liljo

I think what we have here (the OP, not the recruiting class) is a little too much Beaver, and not enough Randy...

Kind of like what Lou Holtz said was wrong at one of his stops: "The problem at William & Mary is that we have too many Marys, and not enough Williams."

Or words to that effect...
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

PygmalionEffect2

Certainly very disturbing that you can't go into any mid-sized town in the South and dine at a Bonanza Steak House.

Probably my favorite T.V. show of all time.

It makes no sense.
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

ATU HOG

Post more...
Just wondering who's from Paragould, and if I know them and if this is factual or not.  Either way it cracked me up.

El Puerco Grande

I have come to the conclusion that Randy Beavers is either the next Lewis Grizzard, or is illegally gaining access to the interweb from inside the asylum.
How 'bout them hogs?

liljo

Quote from: El Puerco Grande on January 25, 2018, 01:17:27 pm
I have come to the conclusion that Randy Beavers is either the next Lewis Grizzard, or is illegally gaining access to the interweb from inside the asylum.

...I am fair to certain you can rule out the former. But the latter--now that's a strong possibility.
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

TNarch

PermianPig

GringoHog

"There are Lions, Tigers and Bears ,but there ain't but one Razorback!" - HDN The Great

GoHogzzGo

Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

cmphill87

Looks like we have a condensed version of Robert Shields.....with possible swinging and "snow cream". Again, a waste of a thread.
-Chrisky

phadedhawg

DukeOfPork

This is so, so good.  Excellent work.  A rare Hogville Tour de Force.

Did anyone else hear a bass line kick in right at this moment?:

...A couple from Paragould that is in our group invited us all back to their hotel room in Rogers to hang out.  And what a surprise they had for us when we got there...

DukeOfPork

Quote from: PermianPig on January 25, 2018, 01:23:00 pm
I'm not buying it.  Troll out and about.

The guy's handle is "Randy Beaver".  How much confirmation do you need??

NoogaHog

Quote from: BR on January 25, 2018, 12:06:24 pm
MR Randy Beaver & his wife Harriot are fine upstanding folks... Still don't get their thing about AppleBee's...  Last time in Jamaica at Hedonism II in Negril.  They were by far the Biggest Freaks there...

hehehe  Harriot Beaver
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

hogcards

I love the way people go out of their way to downplay our early signing period problems as "knee jerk", "too emotional" or "not fact based".

"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

HogPharmer

Don't let this distract you from the the fact that in 1966, Al Bundy scored four touchdowns in a single game while playing for the Polk High School Panthers in the 1966 city championship game versus Andrew Johnson High School, including the game-winning touchdown in the final seconds against his old nemesis, Bubba "Spare Tire" Dixon.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

jesterzzn

My wife and I were studying the early signing period rankings Saturday night before bed.  We were alarmed and somewhat panicked at what we found.

I didn't read further, but I am sure it was magical.

Pigasaurus

"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

farmhawg

Keep trolling, you will get better with practice.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

The OTR

Randy Beaver is my new favorite poster, surpassing Forrest City Joe as of today.  Nice work, Randy.  There's so much good stuff in that post I can't even list everything. 

jcbville

Immediately knew this was fake because sheep arent allowed into Applebees no matter how close your relationship.

hobhog

Well, i had pert neart the same zact experience recent myself, whence i meet up with Bunionhead and Raskel down at Logan's Hollar Buckhead Inn Convenience Store bout a week back.  I had run in to get a couple of rat traps as the mice seemed to have outgrown the mouse traps and was just carrin them off costing me sums of money I couldn't afford.  You no ole Daggart who runs the store give a man credit till his disability check comes in.  I was shore worried that givermont shetdown couda had the efect of causin my check to be late.  Nohow back on the subjert matter at hand, seems old Bunionhead had gone on an buthered a big ole bull which was past its best breedin years.   said he was aiming to grinder up in burger meat but decided to go on and trimer out into roasts, feelays, rounds, Tees, and such.  Nohow, gettin to the point, Bunion had a near on full gallon of White lightenng along with him and for some reason, a big ole package of them round stakes with him.

Seeing as how the 3 of us hadn't parlaid  recent, we just set ther on the tailgate of Raskels pickup and passed that jug around till we all was lit up and havng opines concerning the folks pulling up to the gas pumps.  Daggart finally  come out and innsisting we had to leave or at least move round back.  Said our opinions twerent welcome by most of his clinetell.  Notawontin to hurt the mans feelings,we obliged and tooker round back of the store.

Now this here is were it gets interestin.  Dang ifin right ther they ain't an old bar bee que pit someone done thew away settin right there by the store dumpster.  Now she werent in good condition, mind you, but she peered to be useful still.  By now wes gettin hungry and those stakes r soundin mighty good.  Raskel bein the soberer of us check the pit out and sho nuf not only was it standable it still had enough charecool inside to make a durn good burn so we stooder up, took a coke can full of Raskels chain saw gas from a can on the back of the truck, soaked up those chars and set her off.  Meanswhile, I done ronded up some wet cardboard and a couple of dead limbs cassin we might need more fule fer cookin. 

By now wes on the second half of that gallon jug and twixt the 3 of us and the opines done turned to facts.  Bein Hog fans fer life, you no, and ahavin that there commonthread with all us homgroun folks, we determeened that earle sign up period was the rest o the SEC a trying to once agian take addvanteege of Arkansaw.  Wed heared that nu koach was from down texas way and knowed righ off that there was a set up.  They done shipped him up here late of course so wed be late agettin talented players from round close mush less them further out like as fer away as other states.  So we ain't surprised if our reecruttin rate ain't kosher.

Them stakes finally softened up and peered to be edable but only afteer we smoked them with wet coardboard for a spell.  Raksel done whittled us a forked stick to use as a utinsil fer eatin and we each done forked us a big ole round stake and set about to knowing on that meat.  Truth is it was a mite tough but wes were workng it up fair to middlin whence ole Bunionhead done cut a big ole fart that was basted in boiled eggs and purified in achehall from all that Lightening.  Now Raskel, not having a strong stomach, wellhe just bent over and started puking right off the back of the truck.  hu course Bunionhead was beside himself with laughter and pride at what he had accomplshed.  Fer me, I jest tryed to move away form all the fracus and find a way to choke down the tough meat. 

As u can sea, we good old boys done had us agood time, hardly no expense a tall.  Those are the times you'll remember fratinnizin with good firends and all.  So you see i can reelate to folks getting together and all.  And I is certain we done figurted out our reecruttin problems.

HogMantheIntruder

"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

Dirty