Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SID taking a job at Oregon.

Started by ricepig, January 24, 2018, 02:06:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

https://twitter.com/pierson_sid/status/956256116685582337

After 5 great years with @ArkRazorbacks, I'm excited to announce that I've accepted the @GoDucks Associate AD for Communications role working with a talented external team and @oregonfootball! https://t.co/RBwJrH8CAe

RME

Getting the carpetbaggers out one carpetbagger at a time!

WaltonCollege

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on January 24, 2018, 02:08:50 pm

Lol sounding like delta

hoghappy

jvanhorn

Completely classless stupid simplistic remark uncalled for.

RME

Quote from: jvanhorn on January 24, 2018, 03:12:30 pm

Here. I'll fix it for you.

"Getting the carpetbaggers out one carpetbagger at a time! /sarcasm."

Because yes, I agree with you. Judging one's job performance based on where they're from is classless, stupid, and simplistic.

Welcome to Hogville.

steveaustin69

Are you ok?

jkstock04

Do you watch a lot of daytime soap operas?
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

redhogchilipepper

Tejano Jawg

Whatever the case...THAT's funny! So, where's Delta?
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

AirWarren

Send the yankee carpet baggers back north.

bennyl08

Quote from: jkstock04 on January 24, 2018, 03:23:15 pm
Do you watch a lot of daytime soap operas?

Do you like movies about gladiators?
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

redhogchilipepper

Razorbackers

Quote from: redhogchilipepper on January 24, 2018, 03:56:29 pm
Only if it has gladiators in it

As opposed to that crappy movie called "Gladiator" about boxing or whatever.

Everytime it's on I get excited for Maximus Decimus Meridius, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And he will have his vengeance, in this life or the next.

Instead it's Cuba Gooding Jr being bullied

bennyl08

Quote from: Razorbackers on January 24, 2018, 03:58:39 pm

Everytime it's on I get excited for Maximus Decimus Meridius, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And he will have his vengeance, in this life or the next.

My heart rate goes up a bit just reading that line.
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

HogPharmer

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Coming Soon... The forward facing DUCK..!

Hopefully this will follow...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

sowmonella

What the hell is wrong with you?
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Arkansas Fan

bennyl08

Hog N Bama

Tusks

oh no was Maximus a carpetbagger?  'commander of the armies of the NORTH'
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

LZH

Completely oblivious to a freekin joke....

OneTuskOverTheLine™

I smell a yankee...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

RME

Quote from: sowmonella on January 24, 2018, 04:10:32 pm
What the hell is wrong with you?

It's not me. It's you.

Did you miss my previous response where I literally said my initial post was sarcastic?

OneTuskOverTheLine™

ricepig

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on January 24, 2018, 06:44:52 pm
It's not me. It's you.

Did you miss my previous response where I literally said my initial post was sarcastic?

No serious, what the hell is wrong with you???

RME

Quote from: ricepig on January 24, 2018, 06:48:49 pm
No serious, what the hell is wrong with you???

How much time ya got?

;)

Calling All Hogs

Has Jeff Long narrowed down his choices for a new job to a top ten yet?

RME

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on January 24, 2018, 07:28:55 pm
Has Jeff Long narrowed down his choices for a new job to a top ten yet?

Give him until June 30, 2022 and he might give you 4.625 million reasons as to why he hasn't narrowed down his choices for a new job.

Or hell, give him 30 days and he might give you 83,333 reasons.

jkstock04

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on January 24, 2018, 07:34:03 pm
Give him until June 30, 2022 and he might give you 4.625 million reasons as to why he hasn't narrowed down his choices for a new job.

Or hell, give him 30 days and he might give you 83,333 reasons.
If I got a check for 83k/month for the next 5 years to do absolutely nothing, I think I could handle the idea of not having a current occupation.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

jvanhorn

TomasPistola

Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

FANONTHEHILL

Pat is a great guy.  He did a great job for the program. He acted as the liaison between the staff and media and helped make the players accessible which marketed them for future opportunities both on and off the field.  He will do a great job for Oregon.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

RME

Quote from: jkstock04 on January 24, 2018, 08:45:10 pm
If I got a check for 83k/month for the next 5 years to do absolutely nothing, I think I could handle the idea of not having a current occupation.

You and me both.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on January 25, 2018, 05:32:57 am
Pat is a great guy.  He did a great job for the program. He acted as the liaison between the staff and media and helped make the players accessible which marketed them for future opportunities both on and off the field.  He will do a great job for Oregon.

Thanks for the substantive response.  Most fans don't realize the importance of the behind the scenes folks that make things happen.  From everything I've read he was well liked by the media and players.  Must be pretty good at his job if Oregon comes calling.  I'm sure the change at the top and the uncertainty that creates played a part in his seeking and accepting this opportunity.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Michael D Huff AIA

A lot of typing has been done on this site concerning the way we talk about our program. 

We tread lightly when it comes to players or prospective / future players.  It is taboo here on Hogville to criticize those on the field that represent our program by threat of expulsion from the site altogether, regardless of where that player is from.

However, if you work for the Razorback program, happen to have worked north of Kentucky at some point in your career, and were hired by our former AD, then it's game on.  According to some, those people are staggering, slobbering idiots that have no concept of how to do their jobs, and it is a minor miracle that they haven't literally burned the campus to the ground while playing with matches.  Yes, we have had some struggles within our program in the past few years, but where is it written in stone that all plans work out?

This whole 'carpetbagger' thing a tired cliche, and frankly it makes us look bad, feeding the misconception that the Razorback fanbase is misinformed, backward and unrealistic.

At one time Frank Broyles tried to get the Northwestern coaching gig.  If he did get that job, would that have made him a carpetbagger?

revolution

Mo_Better_Hogs

I just realized I didn't know who our S.I.D. was. So Patrick Pierson. Well, good luck to him.

ricepig

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 25, 2018, 08:20:27 am
Thanks for the substantive response.  Most fans don't realize the importance of the behind the scenes folks that make things happen.  From everything I've read he was well liked by the media and players.  Must be pretty good at his job if Oregon comes calling.  I'm sure the change at the top and the uncertainty that creates played a part in his seeking and accepting this opportunity.

He went from Assistant AD to Associate AD, I would imagine that's a nice pay bump in the chain of athletic departments.

jkstock04

Quote from: Michael D Huff AIA on January 25, 2018, 08:37:32 am
A lot of typing has been done on this site concerning the way we talk about our program. 

We tread lightly when it comes to players or prospective / future players.  It is taboo here on Hogville to criticize those on the field that represent our program by threat of expulsion from the site altogether, regardless of where that player is from.

However, if you work for the Razorback program, happen to have worked north of Kentucky at some point in your career, and were hired by our former AD, then it's game on.  According to some, those people are staggering, slobbering idiots that have no concept of how to do their jobs, and it is a minor miracle that they haven't literally burned the campus to the ground while playing with matches.  Yes, we have had some struggles within our program in the past few years, but where is it written in stone that all plans work out?

This whole 'carpetbagger' thing a tired cliche, and frankly it makes us look bad, feeding the misconception that the Razorback fanbase is misinformed, backward and unrealistic.

At one time Frank Broyles tried to get the Northwestern coaching gig.  If he did get that job, would that have made him a carpetbagger?
Would you like me to show you direct quotes over the last 5 years literally guaranteeing how Bret Bielema and Jeff Long were beyond amazing and "if you can't see this awesome thing are building here you are an idiot" type of stuff?

On another note, based off the butthurt displayed on this thread I would wager without looking Mr Pierson is indeed from the northeast part of the country lol.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

bennyl08

Quote from: jkstock04 on January 25, 2018, 10:09:13 am
Would you like me to show you direct quotes over the last 5 years literally guaranteeing how Bret Bielema and Jeff Long were beyond amazing and "if you can't see this awesome thing are building here you are an idiot" type of stuff?

On another note, based off the butthurt displayed on this thread I would wager without looking Mr Pierson is indeed from the northeast part of the country lol.

That's true of anybody in the country. Given that's where the most people are.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: ricepig on January 25, 2018, 09:50:01 am
He went from Assistant AD to Associate AD, I would imagine that's a nice pay bump in the chain of athletic departments.
Most people on his board don't know Patrick Pierson from their left eyeball and there's no reason they should. He works with the media and he was one of the best they've had over the years.

He definitely got a big promotion (and pay raise I'm sure). This guy has nothing to do with whether or not the team won games or if Bielema was doing his job. He was there in a PR capacity but his main job was to work with us.

He was light years better than the guy he replaced. But again, that's not anything that should matter to the average fan and the only reason I made this post was because of the carpetbagger comment. If you had issues with the previous head coach or AD Patrick Pierson had no control over any of that.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: jvanhorn on January 24, 2018, 09:01:41 pm
Well then your nose is about as useful as your brain
If you're not a yankee then you're definitely easily offended.

RME

Quote from: Mike Irwin on January 26, 2018, 02:26:53 pm
Most people on his board don't know Patrick Pierson from their left eyeball and there's no reason they should. He works with the media and he was one of the best they've had over the years.

He definitely got a big promotion (and pay raise I'm sure). This guy has nothing to do with whether or not the team won games or if Bielema was doing his job. He was there in a PR capacity but his main job was to work with us.

He was light years better than the guy he replaced. But again, that's not anything that should matter to the average fan and the only reason I made this post was because of the carpetbagger comment. If you had issues with the previous head coach or AD Patrick Pierson had no control over any of that.

Well, as I previously said in this thread at least twice, that comment was a joke. Maybe it was poor taste, sure. But it was a joke. I'm not giving up on America losing its sense of humor quite yet.

It was more a shot at the people on this board who actually, legitimately use the carpetbagger argument. I think that's utterly hilarious and those folks need to advance about 150 years from where they currently reside.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on January 26, 2018, 03:59:23 pm
Well, as I previously said in this thread at least twice, that comment was a joke. Maybe it was poor taste, sure. But it was a joke. I'm not giving up on America losing its sense of humor quite yet.

It was more a shot at the people on this board who actually, legitimately use the carpetbagger argument. I think that's utterly hilarious and those folks need to advance about 150 years from where they currently reside.
Sorry. I should have read the entire thread. I get so used to people getting hammered on this board I normally don't pay attention. But I was thinking, SOME FAN IS MAD AT THE SID? SERIOUSLY?  ;D

Those of us in the media get mad at SIDs all the time because way too many of them act like media cops which can lead to some humorous situations.

Years ago an assistant football SID tried to knock a camera out of my hands while I was recording video of a player that had run into one of those photo towers inside the indoor workout area. There was no policy against getting video of injured players being carted off the practice field. We used video like that in stories where we mentioned that a player was hurt in practice. But this particular assistant SID was on a power trip.

I went President Trump on him, calling him a craphead (cleaned it up.) He went to his boss to complain. The boss did what any reasonable person would do in that situation. He told the guy not to go around trying to knock cameras out of the hands of photographers. He then asked me not to refer to any of his assistants as crapheads in the future.  He then asked if the matter was settled. I said, "Yeah sure," but the assistant SID said it would not be settled until I apologized for calling him a craphead. I refused. When his boss asked why I said, "Because he is a craphead and I'm not going to apologize for telling the truth."

That guy is now the football SID at Auburn and to me he's still a craphead.  ;D

Cargill A. BullHog

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on January 24, 2018, 04:27:05 pm
Who is SID?

this is my question too.  Is it Sid Moncrief?  Im kind of confused.  Sid is one of us, why are folks happy hes leaving?
I love my Razorbacks, Coach A, Coach M, Coach VH and all the players and fans.

Mike Irwin

KlubhouseKonnected

+1. Great line, great riff.  I was once absurdly proud of being nominated for comment of the week for parodying that line on the website uproxx.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

edemire

Patrick was great every time I worked with him. I agree, Mike.

Quote from: Mike Irwin on January 26, 2018, 02:26:53 pm

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes."
-Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey