Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"ARKANSAS MUST BE GUTTED FROM THE TOP DOWN" - SEC Country

Started by KennyForAD, November 07, 2017, 10:39:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

KennyForAD

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/shame-on-arkansas-jeff-long-bret-bielema

What's more is the revelation about the top of the athletic department. The Associated Press' Kurt Voigt asked for comment from Long, the Arkansas athletic director, a couple weeks ago. Voigt said he was told that expecting a comment was "arrogant."

Long, allegedly, sent an email to one of his lieutenants, Chris Freet, the senior associate athletic director for external operations and strategic communications. The email had just one word of text in the body: "Advice?"

The question about which Long was seeking advice from Freet was how to handle a harmless query from a media member. While Voigt isn't with ESPN or SEC Network, The Associated Press is the most recognized and respected news organization in the world (disclosure: I am a former AP employee).

Calling Voigt's request "arrogant" is appropriately ironic.

theFlyingHog

Stop dropping links to that idiot. I clicked an Eric Bolin link and now I have to throw my phone off the river bridge.

KennyForAD

Quote from: theFlyingHog on November 07, 2017, 10:44:30 am
Stop dropping links to that idiot. I clicked an Eric Bolin link and now I have to throw my phone off the river bridge.

I don't know who he is.  I only know that he is right.

Razorbackers

Literally already been posted on the front page TODAY.

Stop. Making. New. Posts.

Go scream into a void somewhere. Jeez.

ricepig

"Allegedly" it must be in the same secret vault with Ms. Lisa's tape. Who told him expecting a comment was "arrogant"?

KennyForAD

Quote from: Razorbackers on November 07, 2017, 10:55:54 am
Literally already been posted on the front page TODAY.

Stop. Making. New. Posts.

Go scream into a void somewhere. Jeez.

I thought I was...  :)   But seriously, please answer this:  What is WITH you people who think you are some kind of thought police and go around saying what other people should and should not post?   I CANNOT understand what could possibly motivate y'all to do that.  Bath salts?   Crack?    Paid by Jeff Long?    What is it?

In the last thirty minutes, one poster thanked me for making him laugh so hard that he cried, and another nominated me for post of the year in a different post.   It made my day that I was able to bring a moment of joy into someone's life.  THAT is cool.  Meanwhile, you monkeys telling me to stfu doesn't mean a thing to me other than wondering what in God's name is wrong with you?    Please tell me what IS wrong with you?

Razorbackers

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 07, 2017, 11:07:41 am
I thought I was...  :)   But seriously, please answer this:  What is WITH you people who think you are some kind of thought police and go around saying what other people should and should not post?   I CANNOT understand what could possibly motivate y'all to do that.  Bath salts?   Crack?    Paid by Jeff Long?    What is it?

In the last thirty minutes, one poster thanked me for making him laugh so hard that he cried, and another nominated me for post of the year in a different post.   It made my day that I was able to bring a moment of joy into someone's life.  THAT is cool.  Meanwhile, you monkeys telling me to stfu doesn't mean a thing to me other than wondering what in God's name is wrong with you?    Please tell me what IS wrong with you?

Personally, I'm paid by jeff long to annoy you. Go look at the jobs website, you'll find me under administrative assistant.

KennyForAD

Quote from: Razorbackers on November 07, 2017, 11:23:17 am
Personally, I'm paid by jeff long to annoy you. Go look at the jobs website, you'll find me under administrative assistant.

I knew it!  Do you ever feel guilty?

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Inhogswetrust

So Eric Bolin got his panties in a wad.........................doesn't change anything as he still is a crappy writer.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

hog911

Quote from: theFlyingHog on November 07, 2017, 10:44:30 am
Don't through your phone it's the property of U of A Athletic Department!

hawg1221

Take it easy on folks. Sometimes with so many new topics, it's easy to overlook already posted material. I've done it before without realizing just how far down the original post was.

East Clintwood

Quote from: hawg1221 on November 07, 2017, 08:52:12 pm
Take it easy on folks. Sometimes with so many new topics, it's easy to overlook already posted material. I've done it before without realizing just how far down the original post was.

Not to mention that sometimes the post's title doesn't adequately describe what the post is about.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

hoglady

Jeff Long has never looked more like "Kermit than Frog" than he does in that picture.
It's the first thing I thought when clicking the link.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

swineology

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 07, 2017, 10:39:29 am
https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/shame-on-arkansas-jeff-long-bret-bielema

What's more is the revelation about the top of the athletic department. The Associated Press' Kurt Voigt asked for comment from Long, the Arkansas athletic director, a couple weeks ago. Voigt said he was told that expecting a comment was "arrogant."

Long, allegedly, sent an email to one of his lieutenants, Chris Freet, the senior associate athletic director for external operations and strategic communications. The email had just one word of text in the body: "Advice?"

The question about which Long was seeking advice from Freet was how to handle a harmless query from a media member. While Voigt isn't with ESPN or SEC Network, The Associated Press is the most recognized and respected news organization in the world (disclosure: I am a former AP employee).

Calling Voigt's request "arrogant" is appropriately ironic.

Ebola

Did not read

Dark Helmet Hog

Bolin gets his story ideas from MMQB. He then butchers the heck out of it. He is an idiot.

NotSoFastMyFriend

Just went to the Eric and took a huge Bolin. It was some smelly Shadid, trust me!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: NotSoFastMyFriend on November 08, 2017, 06:25:25 am
Just went to the Eric and took a huge Bolin. It was some smelly Shadid, trust me!

Good thing you didn't go to the Loo and take a Holtz.............................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Bolin is the definition of straddling the fence. One day he writes a column saying hog fans are too hard on Long and Bielema is doing a good job, the next day he wants everybody from the chancellor down to be relieved of their duties.
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

HognotinMemphis

U of A football has been eviscerated by Long and Bielema. Two carpetbaggers who invaded the state of Arkansas. Time for both to go. That time is the day after the Missouri game.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Pig In The City

They have both made fools of Arkansas fans. They both got hefty raises for their poor performance. You tell me? Who is the idiot here?

hobhog

"LETS KEEP POSTING NEW THREADS THAT SAY THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER!!!!"