Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All Things Gruden--MERGED

Started by jbcarol, April 15, 2012, 03:05:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

possumslayer

Quote from: Dropkick on November 02, 2012, 09:55:20 pm
I don't even know how to respond............
i didnt want him gone! we was beeting bama!

TJHOG

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on November 02, 2012, 09:12:45 pm
Yep....I have three suckers posters on the hook.  ;D

I have a sig line written for two of them. I can't disclose the other bet.

PS.....it is nothing illegal or against the rules of this site in any way. Just friendly wagers including sig line changes.
I still need some ideas for your sig line.  I can't wait to win this bet.  And the one I have with Ugly Uncle.

TJHOG

Quote from: possumslayer on November 02, 2012, 09:57:10 pm
if yall ever quote me ill kill you! but yall are a pretty cool crowd!

possumslayer

Quote from: duckman on November 02, 2012, 09:57:24 pm
If you are gonna troll at least be good at it....

Want a lesson?
why is a duck touching your but mam?

Hogeration

I've got to tell ya Duck.  If it isn't Gruden, Long is gonna start coming under a lot of fire.  This Wyrick thing and how the RF is a "customer" of the UofA instead of the other way around, is not gonna go over well.

duckcmmndr

The Arkadelphia Badgers, #1 in division 4A, just beat Malvern 39-34 to win their conference championship!!!

Go Badgers!!!!

GRUDEN!!!

Hog Milanese

Two reports on Twitter that Jon Gruden was at the Arkansas Times Craft Beer Festival (http://www.arktimes.com/general/splash/craft-beer/index.html) tonight, and called the Hogs.

JONAS

Quote from: possumslayer on November 02, 2012, 09:52:32 pm
i am hung like a mule, does that count?

You asking the wrong dude.  Ask Pseudo.

Hog Milanese

@johnhenrycross
Just saw #cjmfg at Arkansas craft brewery!!! (Jon gruden). Looks like he wants the job! #gohogs

@bradchouston
Jon gruden just called the hogs at Arkansas times craft beer festival. #CJMFG

Hog Waller

I think I'm going to go a head and have a bourbon, and then plan on sleeping in the guest bedroom...otherwise the wife will be pissed cause I will snore like an old bear.

howboutdemhogs

Quote from: Hog Milanese on November 02, 2012, 10:15:00 pm
@johnhenrycross
Just saw #cjmfg at Arkansas craft brewery!!! (Jon gruden). Looks like he wants the job! #gohogs

@bradchouston

This can't be true can it?

razorbackfan4life

Hog Waller

@johnhenrycross

@bradchouston

Real or fake?  I still say don't be surprised if something isn't up someone's sleeve for tomorrow.

Probably wishful thinking we will announce earlier than end of season.

JONAS

Quote from: Hog Milanese on November 02, 2012, 10:13:07 pm
Two reports on Twitter that Jon Gruden was at the Arkansas Times Craft Beer Festival (http://www.arktimes.com/general/splash/craft-beer/index.html) tonight, and called the Hogs.

Just like last April when he was spotted at the Powerhouse.

Danny J

Quote from: TJHOG on November 02, 2012, 09:59:09 pm
I still need some ideas for your sig line.  I can't wait to win this bet.  And the one I have with Ugly Uncle.
If I were you I wouldn't spend much time on it as it will all go to waste!!  ;D

Gone Hoggin

@johnhenrycross

@bradchouston

Hope this is true.

Gruden

Hog Waller

Quote from: ween on November 02, 2012, 10:19:41 pm
I just saw Jon Gruden at Taco Bell. Live mas.

He must be hungry tonight...I saw him at a quick mart nuking a Big Bomb Red Hot Burrito.

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

I'm enjoying some Woodford Reserve at the moment, but I'd love to get in on this beer discussion. 

Some of my favorites:
Bell's Hopslam
Bell's Two-Hearted
Firestone Walker Double Jack IPA
Goose Island Bourbon County Stout
Spaten Optimator
Capitol Autumnal Fire
Stone Arrogant Bastard
Ayinger Celebrator
Founders Breakfast Stout
Founders Double Trouble
Surly Furious

Hmm, I don't know where to stop.  I could name delicious beers for hours
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

Hog Milanese

David†

Quote from: Dropkick on November 02, 2012, 06:25:29 pm
If you don't mind I think I will add you to my list.

What list is it?

duckman

Hog Milanese

Quote from: Russ Swinegold on November 02, 2012, 10:22:16 pm
I'm enjoying some Woodford Reserve at the moment, but I'd love to get in on this beer discussion. 

Some of my favorites:
Bell's Hopslam
Bell's Two-Hearted
Spaten Optimator
Capitol Autumnal Fire
Stone Arrogant Bastard
Ayinger Celebrator
Founders Breakfast Stout
Founders Double Trouble
Surly Furious

St Bernardus Abt 12
Gulden Draak
Dragon's Milk
Tennent's Lager of Scotland
Belhaven Scottish Ale
Arrogant Bastard
Harveston Old Engine Oil
etc.

Hog Waller

Some of my favorites:
Bell's Hopslam
Bell's Two-Hearted
Spaten Optimator
Capitol Autumnal Fire
Stone Arrogant Bastard
Ayinger Celebrator
Founders Breakfast Stout
Founders Double Trouble
Surly Furious

Just poured myself an Elijah Craig 18yr Single Barrel...good stuff...too bad there won't be anymore for about 2-3yrs.

Both the Bells you mentioned are good...I like anything Spaten...haven't tried the others.

If you can ever get your hands on it, try Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale...It's phenomenal...especially if you can get it on draft.

David†

Quote from: bsking on November 02, 2012, 06:26:32 pm
I don't post in this thread and barely read any of it but dear lord you're annoying.

Thanks. I do what I can.

You guys are so sensitive.

Hog Waller

One I like that I haven't seen in years is Ram Rod Bitter Ale...I really like Australian Bitter Ales.

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

Russian River Pliny the Elder
Russian River Supplication
Russian River Consecration
New Glarus Black Top
Fort George Roses on Roses
Sound Humulo Nimbus
Green Flash Double Stout
Green Flash Imperial IPA
21st Amendment Hop Crisis
Central Waters Bourbon Barrel Stout
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

Quote from: Hog Waller on November 02, 2012, 10:27:32 pm
Just poured myself an Elijah Craig 18yr Single Barrel...good stuff...too bad there won't be anymore for about 2-3yrs.

Both the Bells you mentioned are good...I like anything Spaten...haven't tried the others.

If you can ever get your hands on it, try Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale...It's phenomenal...especially if you can get it on draft.

Cool, I'll have to look for that Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale.  I'm always looking for new beers to try.  I keep a list and I'm over 1200 so far.

Hog Waller

Swinegold you are mentioning beers I have never heard of, and I thought I knew a lot about beers...I've got some work to do.

Hog Waller

The Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale is actually placed in Woodford Reserve used barrels to give it the flavor.

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

Quote from: Hog Waller on November 02, 2012, 10:34:29 pm
The Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale is actually placed in Woodford Reserve used barrels to give it the flavor.

That sounds amazing

Hog Milanese

Quote from: Hog Waller on November 02, 2012, 10:34:29 pm

Those are tasty. Bluegrass Brewing Company makes a great one.

razorbackfan4life

Can anyone else confirm CJMFG was in Little Rock?

razorbackfan4life

@Hasty3000: Just saw jon gruden at a beer festival in north little rock. He said he is a hog. #mindblown" #MikeCostello for the Hogs #MMFC

hawgjr

Some of my favorites:
Bell's Hopslam
Bell's Two-Hearted
Spaten Optimator
Capitol Autumnal Fire
Stone Arrogant Bastard
Ayinger Celebrator
Founders Breakfast Stout
Founders Double Trouble
Surly Furious

Wow, Russ!  That is quite a list. I've had the Spaten Optimator from your list of beers.  I live in a dry county and the beer stores anywhere near do not carry a very good variety of craft beers.  I've been wanting to try Bell's Hopslam and Founders Breakfast Stout.  Almost bought some off eBay but didn't pull the trigger.  Below is a limited list of great craft/imported beers that I've enjoyed:

Zombie Dust
Pliny the Elder
Westvleteren 12 (have one bottle left, will enjoy later this month on my birthday)
Saison Dupont
Weihenstephan Original (Helles)
Theakston Old Peculier

duckman

Quote from: razorbackfan4life on November 02, 2012, 10:36:02 pm

This = Powerhouse, don't....

Hog Milanese

Quote from: duckman on November 02, 2012, 10:38:37 pm
This = Powerhouse, don't....

Not much worse than all the brand new twitter accounts claiming to be Arkansas Coaching Search authorities, with all of them retweeting one another (likely all the same group of 2-3 people). Lame sauce.

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

Quote from: Hog Waller on November 02, 2012, 10:33:13 pm
Swinegold you are mentioning beers I have never heard of, and I thought I knew a lot about beers...I've got some work to do.

Anywhere I travel, the first thing I do is find out where all the breweries are.  Some areas are more concentrated than others.  I spent 5 days in the Denver/Boulder area and tried 120 different beers.  We also have a great specialty grocer in Iowa City that imports thousands of craft beers from all over the world.  It's an expensive hobby!

Golfer

Quote from: Gone Hoggin on November 02, 2012, 10:20:47 pm
Hope this is true.

Gruden

Isn't Twitter a lot like a message board; anyone can 'tweet' and not be held accountable for its reliability?  I think it is and therefore, I wouldn't give much credence to such posts.

David†

It's not me, I promise. I have never had a twitter account. I was screwing around in here earlier just having a little fun and a few got bent out of shape. I'll stop now. Good luck with gruden, I hope you are correct.

motownhog

Grude evening duck! Got a lil Duck Dynasty on the tv right now! you have any news that will make me happy happy happy?
I'm a grandson of the southland boys, an heir to the confederacy

razorbackfan4life

hawgjr

Quote from: Hog Milanese on November 02, 2012, 10:25:04 pm
St Bernardus Abt 12
Gulden Draak
Dragon's Milk
Tennent's Lager of Scotland
Belhaven Scottish Ale
Arrogant Bastard
Harveston Old Engine Oil
etc.
Is that Belhaven good Grude?  I did see that at one of my "local" beer stores.

Hog Waller

Quote from: Hog Milanese on November 02, 2012, 10:35:41 pm
Those are tasty. Bluegrass Brewing Company makes a great one.

BBC is pretty good too, but KY Ale is the king.  Usually they serve it in small brandy snifters because of the alcohol content, but I like it in a pint glass.

There is a place by me where I take a 64oz growler and they fill it from the tap, which is better than the bottle.  It will last a couple of days before it goes flat. 

Definitely has a sweeter taste because of the bourbon barrels.

hawgjr

Quote from: Russ Swinegold on November 02, 2012, 10:40:58 pm
Anywhere I travel, the first thing I do is find out where all the breweries are.  Some areas are more concentrated than others.  I spent 5 days in the Denver/Boulder area and tried 120 different beers.  We also have a great specialty grocer in Iowa City that imports thousands of craft beers from all over the world.  It's an expensive hobby!
You're a lucky man!

Hog Waller

Quote from: Russ Swinegold on November 02, 2012, 10:40:58 pm

The Denver/Boulder area seems to be a mecca for micro brews.

Golfer

Quote from: razorbackfan4life on November 02, 2012, 10:36:02 pm

I don't think anyone has confirmed Gurden being in LR.

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

Quote from: hawgjr on November 02, 2012, 10:37:36 pm
Wow, Russ!  That is quite a list. I've had the Spaten Optimator from your list of beers.  I live in a dry county and the beer stores anywhere near do not carry a very good variety of craft beers.  I've been wanting to try Bell's Hopslam and Founders Breakfast Stout.  Almost bought some off eBay but didn't pull the trigger.  Below is a limited list of great craft/imported beers that I've enjoyed:

Zombie Dust
Pliny the Elder
Westvleteren 12 (have one bottle left, will enjoy later this month on my birthday)
Saison Dupont
Weihenstephan Original (Helles)
Theakston Old Peculier

Pliny is one of my top 10's.  Hopslam is pretty hard to get.  One of my hophead friends in Chicago called every liquor store in the Chicago looking for some and found one place that had some left.  He bought everything they had left, $350 worth, lol. 

johnny cash

Quote from: Golfer on November 02, 2012, 10:46:57 pm
I don't think anyone has confirmed Gurden being in LR.
next year he will be, for two games!

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

Quote from: Hog Waller on November 02, 2012, 10:45:25 pm
The Denver/Boulder area seems to be a mecca for micro brews.

Absolutely.  Tons of breweries on the west coast too, CA and Oregon have great beer.