Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chevin Calloway & Brian Williams

Started by PlanoHog, December 21, 2016, 12:24:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PlanoHog

I don't post about kids unless I have seen them in action. In the case of Chevin, I've watched him multiple times. He is a complete CB and plays much bigger than his size. He is physical and is a very bright kid on the field. He'll cover on the outside and in the slot. He's been matched against my son in the past. In addition, he sees and covers the field well. Noticed him several times be in on tackles where the plays is away from him. Since he normally will cover the best WR, he hasn't had the luxury of coming off that man on corner blitzes but his speed would suggest he'd be good at that as well. If the Hogs can hold off UT then they will have at least one answer at CB for the future.

On Brian, he's young and on an island at S. Having Chevin on one side of the field allowed him to take more chances and concentrate on a smaller area. The next 2 years will be a better indication of his talents as he will be leader in the secondary with greater responsibilities. I wish he was at Bishop Lynch instead as academics and training are better there.

I'm excited that RWIII, is performing at the level I thought, when I watched him in HS. I made the comparison to a larger DeAngelo Williams at the time. I think it still holds.
The entertainer formerly known as TheOtherWhiteMeat.

RazrRila99

I have two good friends who have kids (one to graduate this spring and attend UofA in fall) at Bishop Lynch.  Their daughter is on the volleyball team. 

Good to know your "normal person" thoughts on these kids.  Hopefully we land them both, will be a SOLID D-backfield once they get on the same field again.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: PlanoHog on December 21, 2016, 12:24:24 pm
I don't post about kids unless I have seen them in action. In the case of Chevin, I've watched him multiple times. He is a complete CB and plays much bigger than his size. He is physical and is a very bright kid on the field. He'll cover on the outside and in the slot. He's been matched against my son in the past. In addition, he sees and covers the field well. Noticed him several times be in on tackles where the plays is away from him. Since he normally will cover the best WR, he hasn't had the luxury of coming off that man on corner blitzes but his speed would suggest he'd be good at that as well. If the Hogs can hold off UT then they will have at least one answer at CB for the future.

On Brian, he's young and on an island at S. Having Chevin on one side of the field allowed him to take more chances and concentrate on a smaller area. The next 2 years will be a better indication of his talents as he will be leader in the secondary with greater responsibilities. I wish he was at Bishop Lynch instead as academics and training are better there.

I'm excited that RWIII, is performing at the level I thought, when I watched him in HS. I made the comparison to a larger DeAngelo Williams at the time. I think it still holds.
I was high on RWIII in HS as well; his numbers were crazy. Didn't expect him to be leading the SEC in rushing as a Sophomore, though. That HAS to bode well for us with lil bro and Chevin. If we can land these two it really would be huge for the program. The Dallas pipeline finally starting to pay dividends!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Paul

we need these 2 for our defense to go to the next level

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Paul on December 22, 2016, 11:31:46 am
we need these 2 for our defense to go to the next level
nab those guys with Pool and Agim and that's the most highly rated guys at all 4 levels as we've had in a minute.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

ricepig

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 22, 2016, 05:40:39 pm
nab those guys with Pool and Agim and that's the most highly rated guys at all 4 levels as we've had in a minute.

We're going to need several others by the time Brian Williams gets here.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ricepig on December 22, 2016, 06:35:04 pm
We're going to need several others by the time Brian Williams gets here.
true but hopefully Brown will be holding it down until then.
@Slackaveli