Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thomas Johnston

Started by Hog33, December 12, 2016, 10:43:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hog33

Anybody else notice Coach retweeted a couple of his tweets this weekend and no others that I could find

AugustaHog

Quote from: Hog33 on December 12, 2016, 10:43:09 pm
Anybody else notice Coach retweeted a couple of his tweets this weekend and no others that I could find
We don't seem to be scrambling for other LBs.  Hopefully, this means we are in great shape with Johnston.  He'd be a big get.

Bacon_Bitz

Big time nat'l recruiting experts have been predicting Iowa most recently.

Dirty

According to SEC Country he has removed Auburn from his list!

Bubba's Bruisers

Are we even pursuing him at this point?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

CallThoseHawgs

Quote from: Dirty on January 22, 2017, 03:44:05 pm
According to SEC Country he has removed Auburn from his list!
As I said in the visit update thread, Ole Miss reporters for 247 believe Arkansas is the team to beat && this comes after he just visited Ole Miss. Think he is expected to announce this week

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Ole Miss, Iowa and us are his final 3
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: CallThoseHawgs on January 22, 2017, 03:50:10 pm
As I said in the visit update thread, Ole Miss reporters for 247 believe Arkansas is the team to beat && this comes after he just visited Ole Miss. Think he is expected to announce this week

Picking up cb picks to OM

CallThoseHawgs

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 22, 2017, 05:11:38 pm
Picking up cb picks to OM
That is where I expected him to go. Thought it was odd that they were saying this because our reporters were all saying it was either Fisher or Johnston

jbcarol

Thomas Johnston will not be playing his college football at Auburn

QuoteSpanish Fort linebacker told Scout.com he has eliminated the Tigers from his recruitment and is down to Arkansas, Iowa and Ole Miss.

"I called and told Auburn that i'm going somewhere that wants me at linebacker," Johnston told Scout. "I've grown up playing linebacker and I love defense. I love hitting people. The opportunity to go to Auburn is awesome, but I'm doing what's best for me."

Johnston plans to announce his commitment on Thursday.

https://twitter.com/TDJohnston42/status/823202400513261570
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

The Hawg Marshal

I kinda wish we would have taken this kid too.

onebadrubi

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on January 22, 2017, 06:08:28 pm

It's not over yet, but it appears to me we told this kid to either get on board or we were taking someone else.  That someone else also appears to be very talented though.  I'm glad to see we are now picking between types like fisher and johnston instead of scrambling for a body. 

RazorPiggie

Why any recruit would go to Ole Miss right now is beyond me.

Oklahawg

Quote from: RazorPiggie on January 22, 2017, 06:51:52 pm

I would think you'd almost have to be a legacy to sign on for that mess.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

JackJohnson

They don't hire the likes of Segrest and Hargreaves in the first place and then keep them on through signing day IF they were going to get rid of them.  They hire recruiters.  They have a chance to end up with four 4* LBs and break our hearts with Calloway

Ramboar

Quote from: JackJohnson on January 22, 2017, 07:01:53 pm
They don't hire the likes of Segrest and Hargreaves in the first place and then keep them on through signing day IF they were going to get rid of them.  They hire recruiters.  They have a chance to end up with four 4* LBs and break our hearts with Calloway
Calloway won't end up at Ole Misses.
I'll be yo Huckleberry

Hogfan46

They have a chance to not end up with any 4* LBs and a broken heart for not getting Calloway.
See how easy it is to spew BS. Keep trolling though.

JackJohnson

Quote from: Hogfan46 on January 22, 2017, 07:15:04 pm
They have a chance to not end up with any 4* LBs and a broken heart for not getting Calloway.
See how easy it is to spew BS. Keep trolling though.

They already have Josh Clarke who we wanted bad as well as Breon Dixon.  Keep being uninformed though

tusksincolorado

Toddies and sun dresses.....18 years olds find that hard to resist.....
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

colbs

Outside of Calloway I really don't care.  They've lost the last 3 against the Hogs with top 15 classes and this year they might not even break the top 25.  Not sure what site all of these LBs are rated 4*.

colbs

Johnston is rated a 4* on scout but no other site and Clarke is just rated a 4* by ESPN.  If someone went through the Hog commits and cherry picked sites I bet you would say something.

onebadrubi

You're still spewing this chit?  YOu are nothing more than a troll.  You made your own post to post about this and we proved you completely incorrect.  Quit being such a damn troll.  Hopefully the mods take care of you.

Bubba's Bruisers

I bet we keep Brown and get Calloway.  The only one left is Young.  Can we snag Young.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

JackJohnson

Quote from: colbs on January 22, 2017, 07:32:47 pm
Outside of Calloway I really don't care.  They've lost the last 3 against the Hogs with top 15 classes and this year they might not even break the top 25.  Not sure what site all of these LBs are rated 4*.

I'd trade them those 3 wins for for their two wins over Bama and the Sugar Bowl win

onebadrubi

Quote from: colbs on January 22, 2017, 07:32:47 pm

He switches sites to find the highest rated possiblity.  Yet he says 4 stars and one he mentioned in his own BS thread had offers that would make him call this stuff bush league had that kid committed here. 

He's just a damn troll that needs to be taken to the woodshed.

onebadrubi

Quote from: JackJohnson on January 22, 2017, 07:49:58 pm
I'd trade them those 3 wins for for their two wins over Bama and the Sugar Bowl win

You'd probably also trade those three wins for the sanctions they clearly deserve at the moment.  Now it's up too the SEC to try and not get a school back handed and KO'd. 

colbs

Quote from: JackJohnson on January 22, 2017, 07:49:58 pm
And they will probably get vacated.  Like someone said in another thread you use to bring some good stuff to this board.  Now you look for any reason to complain.

parallaxpig

He picked up another CB to UAB. What is up with this guy............
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

Oklahawg

Quote from: colbs on January 22, 2017, 07:39:13 pm
Johnston is rated a 4* on scout but no other site and Clarke is just rated a 4* by ESPN.  If someone went through the Hog commits and cherry picked sites I bet you would say something.

And would argue with SEC Country re-evaluating the 2012 recruiting class and calling Jared Collins a 4-star.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: parallaxpig on January 22, 2017, 07:59:21 pm
He picked up another CB to UAB. What is up with this guy............

His brother plays at UAB is the reason for that pick

colbs

Arkansas had eight 4* if you use different sites.  So they could end up with 10-11.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on January 22, 2017, 06:08:28 pm
past tense? We are in his final three and have a scholly for him so what's the problem?
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: JackJohnson on January 22, 2017, 07:24:00 pm
They already have Josh Clarke who we wanted bad as well as Breon Dixon.  Keep being uninformed though
Josh Clarke is a 3 star, though. you are a troll. we all know.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

onebadrubi

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 22, 2017, 09:44:39 pm
past tense? We are in his final three and have a scholly for him so what's the problem?

Do we know for sure we do?  Assuming brown stays, I think they take the best DL they can and I doubt they are counting Stewart out yet and hoping for Calloway.  Does that leave us with one more open spot?

parallaxpig

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 22, 2017, 09:44:39 pm

We haven't had any face time with him since November. I think we have moved on.
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

WooPig90

We moved on when we took Fisher. We dont have room for him anymore

secneahog

Until it's confirmed we've moved on, I won't believe we have. He's a really good talent at a position of need, going into the 3-4.

He seems like a smart enough kid to drop a finalist, if it's apparent we moved on.   
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

colbs

Quote from: secneahog on January 23, 2017, 09:08:23 am
Until it's confirmed we've moved on, I won't believe we have. He's a really good talent at a position of need, going into the 3-4.

He seems like a smart enough kid to drop a finalist, if it's apparent we moved on.   
It looks like none of the coaches have visited him after dead period.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: secneahog on January 23, 2017, 09:08:23 am

I would trade his commit for 2 solid DT's.
Go Hogs Go!

Dominicanhog

January 23, 2017, 09:50:51 am #39 Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 10:03:07 am by Dominicanhog
Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 23, 2017, 09:17:54 am
I would trade his commit for 2 solid DT's.

Agree.. with so much need, especially on defense, it's hard to get them all.. we loaded on up on LB's last year, most redshirted and looks like we are trying to do the same with DB's this year... we got some help on DL last year, but needed a bumper crop and seems we are lite..at the moment..

Arkiebarkie

Quote from: WooPig90 on January 22, 2017, 11:14:07 pm

Fishers video's are awesome, big kid and brings da wood!

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: WooPig90 on January 22, 2017, 11:14:07 pm

That's not necessarily the consensus but I don't think it will matter anyway...

East TN HAWG

Johnston is a great player no doubt.  If he wants to come, then we take him.  But Fisher relieved the pressure at this position, and now we have higher need positions.  This is not a knock against Johnston, but just a fact of our needs. 

Muskogee is correct.  We have one DE commit.  We need more, or it hurt us 2-3 years down the road.   

WriterWrong

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 23, 2017, 11:01:10 am
That's not necessarily the consensus but I don't think it will matter anyway...

Agreed. With Beanum and Hackett leaving, we should have room for anyone we want to sign. As usual, we likely won't sign to the number of available scholarships.

colbs

Quote from: WriterWrong on January 23, 2017, 11:27:40 am
Agreed. With Beanum and Hackett leaving, we should have room for anyone we want to sign. As usual, we likely won't sign to the number of available scholarships.
I think If they sign 25 they will still be over the 85, so that means others would have to leave.

010HogFan

Quote from: tusksincolorado on January 22, 2017, 07:32:14 pm
Toddies and sun dresses.....18 years olds find that hard to resist.....

U of A campus is very comparable to OM in that department now...thanks to the city of Dallas.

WooPig90

Quote from: WriterWrong on January 23, 2017, 11:27:40 am

No, with Beanum and Hackett leaving, we just about have enough room to sign 25.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

colbs

Quote from: jbcarol on January 23, 2017, 12:35:10 pm
https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/823547159161270272
Who knows but it's telling to me that the staff hasn't done a in-home visit since before the dead period.

The Hawg Marshal

I realize he still has us as a finalist. But the coaches seem to have moved on. They know better than I do.