Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Monta Thomas (Hampton, AR) (Coffeyville CC)

Started by ArKan5a5 KiD, December 12, 2016, 01:07:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ArKan5a5 KiD

What is the status on this kid? He seems to be legit.

pigtrino

Bacon_Bitz

HawgHeadCheese

I got a few friends coaching HS football and all 3 said he was the best athlete they've seen all yr.

Hollywood870

Crazy how? Running back punts for TD's crazy?

tophawg19

He's good but may have to go Juco route
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

al_pigcino

General consensus in Southern Arkansas is he's as talented as Kenneth Dixon but doesn't have the grades to go straight to DI.......

Take that with a grain of salt however.  I'm a 3rd party listening to 3rd party talk.

#1HeadHog

I've had the luxury of watching him play all season long. IMO he is as talented as Dixon was at this stage but they are each of their own. Dixon was more of a true running back playing qb in a wildcat style offense. You knew it was coming. Monta is more of a true athlete and was playing qb in a triple option offense. He also could throw the ball pretty well at any time. Every time he touched the ball you knew he could take it the distance. He was scheduled to take the ACT on saturday but hampton was playing in the state championship and the next scheduled ACT date its Feb 11 which is after signing day. At this point JUCO may be the best route to take and go learn a true position and get everything in order. He is a very great kid and great leader with positive attitude. Hope nothing but the best for him
"Always root for the winner. That way you won't be disappointed."

ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

To me, Monta is more like Defonta Lowe from Bearden than K Dixon.  Dixon was pretty physical already in high school.  Monta is pretty little ala the kid from Highland we have.  He really needs to add some size to his frame.  I like him alot and he is a player.  I'm a 2A guy so i want all of those guys to do well.

hvsupastar

Quote from: HoneyNuttPetrinoos on December 13, 2016, 09:35:52 am
To me, Monta is more like Defonta Lowe from Bearden than K Dixon.  Dixon was pretty physical already in high school.  Monta is pretty little ala the kid from Highland we have.  He really needs to add some size to his frame.  I like him alot and he is a player.  I'm a 2A guy so i want all of those guys to do well.

Monta Thomas & Dez Jackson are both south Arkansas 2a players but they are the 2 best in the state.
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

onebadrubi

For you guys talking about dixon, if you watched MNF last night, you saw that dude carry a DE on his back for like 5 yards.  He has some serious leg drive.

#1HeadHog

yeah dixon is a beast. very versatile back. great hands. he has a bright future ahead
"Always root for the winner. That way you won't be disappointed."

ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: HoneyNuttPetrinoos on December 13, 2016, 09:35:52 am

Monta is already big enough... he is 200 lbs

#1 STUNNA

Ive always thought the best route for him was to go to bigger school where he could concentrate on a position he will actually play at the college level.

JayBell

Quote from: al_pigcino on December 13, 2016, 07:18:51 amGeneral consensus in Southern Arkansas is he's as talented as Kenneth Dixon but doesn't have the grades to go straight to DI.......

Take that with a grain of salt however.  I'm a 3rd party listening to 3rd party talk.

I've heard the same thing.  Someone told me they felt he was more talented than any of them from the super stud Warren group in Petrino's first year.

AirWarren

Quote from: JayBell on December 15, 2016, 09:03:50 am
I've heard the same thing.  Someone told me they felt he was more talented than any of them from the super stud Warren group in Petrino's first year.

I saw him last Saturday.

He is not as talented as the stud Warren group.

The sophomore at Warren, Treylon, is already better than him.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: AP85 on December 15, 2016, 02:31:24 pm
I saw him last Saturday.

Saw the WR from Warren on tv.  Looks like a player.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

hei5manhog

Dixon really impresses me. Strong, quick and fast. He's not huge, so if he can stay healthy that will go a long way. Darren Sproles is his ceiling. I really hadn't seen much of him before the nfl. Shameful, I know.
"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

AirWarren

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on December 15, 2016, 02:37:07 pm
Saw the WR from Warren on tv.  Looks like a player.

May be the best to come out of Warren. And he has the grades.

JayBell

Quote from: AP85 on December 15, 2016, 02:31:24 pmI saw him last Saturday.

Whew.  One whole game.  Extensive.

AirWarren

Quote from: JayBell on December 15, 2016, 04:18:00 pm
Whew.  One whole game.  Extensive.

Considering I graduated with Bret smith, roshaun fellows, and Terrance Hampton. Watched Jarius, Greg, and Chris come up in the ranks. And watched darveon brown and jaylon Marshall who is at a state. I would consider myself a good evaluator of what or who is better than the kids at Warren.

But ok.

TDHawgs

The only thing holding back Monta is his grades.  He has all the talent in the world, and really wish he could play for the Razorbacks, but don't look for it. Believe you me, it's not because he lack anything, except one area.. such a shame too. Wish him well, but looks like JUCO route.

AirWarren

Quote from: TDHawgs on December 15, 2016, 04:57:48 pm
The only thing holding back Monta is his grades.  He has all the talent in the world, and really wish he could play for the Razorbacks, but don't look for it. Believe you me, it's not because he lack anything, except one area.. such a shame too. Wish him well, but looks like JUCO route.

I agree with this.

He does remind me some of TJ hammonds.

RaisinHog

We played them in the playoffs and he does have a very quick first step and gets up to speed quickly I believe at 6 ft 200 ish pounds he could be a D1 saftey or most likely a slot reciever

widespreadsooie

JayBell

Quote from: AP85 on December 15, 2016, 04:31:09 pmConsidering I graduated with Bret smith, roshaun fellows, and Terrance Hampton. Watched Jarius, Greg, and Chris come up in the ranks. And watched darveon brown and jaylon Marshall who is at a state. I would consider myself a good evaluator of what or who is better than the kids at Warren.

But ok.

I'm not saying Thomas is better.  I've never seen him in person.  But if you watch a group for years and another player for one game, it doesn't matter how much of a self-anointed great evaluator you are, your views are going to be skewed.

I've had people from Warren tell me Thomas is better and they watched him more than once.  They may be wrong, but they're coming from a more objective standpoint.

#1 STUNNA

I will say this about monta he can play any skilled position at the high school level and be a star. As far as athlete goes hes as good as it gets... but hard to tell how good he would have been if he played at a higher level.

AirWarren

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 16, 2016, 10:09:57 am
I will say this about monta he can play any skilled position at the high school level and be a star. As far as athlete goes hes as good as it gets... but hard to tell how good he would have been if he played at a higher level.

The kid should have came to Warren in jr high. Period.

hvsupastar

Quote from: AP85 on December 16, 2016, 10:20:58 am
The kid should have came to Warren in jr high. Period.

That wouldn't have helped his ACT score
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Hollywood870

Hope the UA coaches stay in contact and recruit him out of JUCO, if that's the path he takes.

AirWarren

Quote from: hvsupastar on December 19, 2016, 05:21:09 pm
That wouldn't have helped his ACT score

Nope. He wouldn't have passed. Warren has block scheduling and he wouldn't have had the appropriate credit hours.

AirWarren

I have heard he is signing with Hutchinson community college.

hvsupastar

Quote from: AP85 on January 22, 2017, 10:48:06 am
I have heard he is signing with Hutchinson community college.

That's also who Dezmon Jackson signed with