Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pell grant

Started by Piggfoot, December 05, 2016, 10:29:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Piggfoot

Move if inappropriate forum. Are walkons eligible for Pell Grants and if so will it cover tuition, room and board and books at UofA?
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Piggfoot on December 05, 2016, 10:29:04 pm
Move if inappropriate forum. Are walkons eligible for Pell Grants and if so will it cover tuition, room and board and books at UofA?

I think any person attending college can receive a proll
Grant if they qualify, athletic scholarship players as well.

Three and Snout

Any undergraduate student can get a Pell grant in addition to any other aid he is receiving, if the student qualifies based on his FAFSA results and other eligibility criteria.  The maximum yearly amount for 2016-17 is $5,815.

ricepig

Quote from: Three and Snout on December 05, 2016, 10:57:53 pm
Any undergraduate student can get a Pell grant in addition to any other aid he is receiving, if the student qualifies based on his FAFSA results and other eligibility criteria.  The maximum yearly amount for 2016-17 is $5,815.

Which might be 1/3 the cost of attending, if you never left your room outside of class and the dining hall.

ARtillahog

Quote from: ricepig on December 06, 2016, 07:59:57 am
Which might be 1/3 the cost of attending, if you never left your room outside of class and the dining hall.

It's better than nothing, if they qualify.

The loophole route is get the ROTC program to pay for the walk-ons.  (I have intimate knowledge of this.)

Kevin

full ride scholarship players are allowed to get the pell grant
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

mizzouman

This is why I don't buy the fact that poor scholarship athletes are in dire need of extra money.  That's about $480/month to spend on whatever they want or $110/week.  Not a lot but plenty if you are a college student and don't have to pay for room, board, tuition, fees, books and in most cases, clothes.