Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brandon Martin

Started by WooPig90, November 11, 2016, 10:09:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollywood870

Quote from: RedyorNot on December 11, 2016, 11:44:02 am
Steve Witfong, Director of Recruiting @24/7 has him coming to U of A. He's announcing at 10am on the 15th, so we'll know one way or the other I guess.

ricepig

Quote from: Music City Hog on December 11, 2016, 02:52:24 pm
He said its down to Ark, Aub, and miss st

Visited MSU this weekend.

PorkRinds

Quote from: ricepig on December 11, 2016, 04:06:35 pm
Well, Thursday won't be a last minute spot to fill, but I don't hold out much hope for him.

I didn't realize Thursday was when he was signing.

ricepig

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 11, 2016, 06:14:49 pm
I didn't realize Thursday was when he was signing.

Well, he said he was, lol.

RazorPiggie

We picked up 3 Crystal balls today

ricepig

Pig in the Pokey

We're gonna land this fish, boys! We have the playing time. Told you guys that Jonathon Nance scholly will pay off in more ways than 1!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Hollywood870

Oh Juco's sign early. So we may get him this week?

ricepig

Quote from: Hollywood870 on December 11, 2016, 07:07:54 pm
Oh Juco's sign early. So we may get him this week?

JUCO's can start signing on Wednesday.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 11, 2016, 06:45:01 pm
We're gonna land this fish, boys! We have the playing time. Told you guys that Jonathon Nance scholly will pay off in more ways than 1!

I hope so. Too bad Hayes is probably going to UGA

ricepig

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on December 11, 2016, 07:33:03 pm
I hope so. Too bad Hayes is probably going to UGA

Yeah, I think we needed him in a worse way, but I won't turn down an outstanding 4* WR.

The_Boot_stops_here

Well this would certainly be a big time pickup

CallThoseHawgs

RD just did an article on him and it quotes him saying we are leading http://dlvr.it/MsLr6N

The_Iceman

Quote from: CallThoseHawgs on December 11, 2016, 08:05:56 pm
RD just did an article on him and it quotes him saying we are leading http://dlvr.it/MsLr6N

Won't believe it til he commits.

jjdlc

Is he an early enrollee?  We have a nice group coming in in January.

imtad16

Yes, he will in enroll in January.

Hollywood870

This guy has 3 years to play 3. Would be nice. Big time on paper.

jjdlc

Doubly nice then.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: ricepig on December 11, 2016, 07:36:42 pm
Yeah, I think we needed him in a worse way, but I won't turn down an outstanding 4* WR.

No doubt

deedster84

Quote from: CallThoseHawgs on December 11, 2016, 08:05:56 pm

Requires a subscription to read. Guess it may be free after he commits somewhere.

20hog11

Seems odd that the LSU offer is not commitable as some are saying. All of the "momentum" seems to be in our favor based on recent comments from the experts. We haven't had a tall wr like him in a while. Would be nice to have him and kolian on the field together next year.

CallThoseHawgs

Quote from: deedster84 on December 11, 2016, 09:06:04 pm
Requires a subscription to read. Guess it may be free after he commits somewhere.
No subscription needed. Just need to make an account on the website which is free.

deedster84

Quote from: CallThoseHawgs on December 11, 2016, 09:35:17 pm
No subscription needed. Just need to make an account on the website which is free.
I have a free account with them. It's still locked.

colbs

Pig in the Pokey

i have no account and it is unlocked for me.  just answered the survey question. delete your cookies if you need to.

confirms what i heard from my friend earlier. Here's the most important parts 1) Hogs Lead, also miss st and the barn are the 3 finalists. lsu is out. 2) Martin, 6-4, 225, 4.37
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

"I jumped 7-2 in the high jump and I'm a big explosive person," Martin said. "I'm 225 pounds and 6-4. I'm good in and out of my breaks. I'm a real smooth route runner. I take the ball at it's highest point and I can run by a lot of DBs." -brandon martin
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

I am excited because this was my 'pet guy' in this class that looked like a long shot but is a big time guy that we had a chance with. He is cool and he loves Arkansas coaches and he knows where the playing time will be. This guy is Reed with 50 extra pounds on him.
@Slackaveli

colbs

I'll wait till he signs before I get too excited.

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

Noticed he posted on twitter that his decision will be life changing and CBB was the only coach who rt it. Hmmm! Seems odd to me.

songofthesword

Lsu is loaded at wr and its not a position of need.  Plus they don't want to scare the hs wr they are on off by bringing in a juco

RedyorNot

Quote from: deedster84 on December 11, 2016, 09:06:04 pm

Basically just says Martin is down to us, MSU and Aubbie as of Sunday night after also considering LSU. Said AR is still his #1 school even after visiting MSU, and CBB and Smith are the key reasons why. They keep it real, don't sugar coat things and tell you exactly what you need to do to get in the League. He can also see himself coming in and making a big impact.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: songofthesword on December 12, 2016, 12:23:29 am
Lsu is loaded at wr and its not a position of need.  Plus they don't want to scare the hs wr they are on off by bringing in a juco

Yeah. 24/7 shows we have 15 on campus but 5 of those are either SRs or not on campus (not sure why they are showing Kendrick Edwards) and another 4 of those are Walk-Ons.

parallaxpig

another crystal ball for Hogs
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

trphog

Ragnow stays & Martin signs, 2017 could be a pretty special year on offense.

redleg

That's true. But if the D doesn't get better, it won't matter much.
:razorback:
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

ArkansasI

Quote from: redleg on December 14, 2016, 08:40:09 am
Wow!  Way to take a positive and turn it into a negative - randomly.

Strange comment.

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: ArkansasI on December 14, 2016, 09:32:13 am
Wow!  Way to take a positive and turn it into a negative - randomly.

Strange comment.

Par for the course around here lately.

The_Boot_stops_here

King Kong

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: King Kong on December 14, 2016, 10:41:24 am
You want him to link every thread in Hogville?

that's up to him.  I didn't set any stipulations.  Of course, he used the word "lately" so that would seem unnecessary.

Hogberry Snortcake

Been10Hog

Quote from: redleg on December 14, 2016, 08:40:09 am
Thanks Debbie Downer

RazorPiggie

So do we know when he is announcing?

colbs

Quote from: RazorPiggie on December 14, 2016, 11:55:54 am
So do we know when he is announcing?

I think I seen tomorrow at 3ish.

CallThoseHawgs

247 has a commitment countdown timer on his page, it's showing 20hours and about 40 minutes. http://247sports.com/Player/Brandon-Martin-37744

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: CallThoseHawgs on December 14, 2016, 01:19:04 pm
247 has a commitment countdown timer on his page, it's showing 20hours and about 40 minutes. http://247sports.com/Player/Brandon-Martin-37744
Looks like he's ours, boys. Another Dallas kid. Let's go!! Big time need right there.
@Slackaveli

WooPig90

We got him! Huget get! He committed on his snapchat. Username : b5live

colbs

WooPig90

http://www.sunherald.com/sports/college/junior-colleges/article120836888.html

"For the most part, Gulf Coast's signees had already made their decisions public. Only receiver Brandon Martin, who signed with LSU out of high school and later briefly committed to Auburn, remained uncommitted. The 6-foot-4 receiver opted to wait and sign Thursday with his family at home in Monroe, Louisiana. He told the Sun Herald he'll sign with Arkansas over finalists LSU, Auburn and Mississippi State.

"I felt like it was the best fit," Martin said. "It's official now; I'm just going to sign tomorrow."