Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1 kitchen....80,000 fans

Started by twistitup, February 03, 2018, 06:13:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

How did this happen in the first place? One Kitchen?

They are going to add 1 more kitchen during the expansion - which leaves 2 kitchens to serve everyone. Unbelievable.

We want a 5* gameday experience but our planning, development and execution is looking more 2*

It's no surprise we can't execute quality food at RRS:

"The main problem, according to Senior Associate Athletic Director Chris Freet, is the stadium only has one kitchen to service up to 80,000 fans." No shiite Sherlock!

I would give up my dream of finishing the west side of the stadium if we could just get decent Food and Drinks during the game.

http://www.arkansasmatters.com/news/local-news/concession-stand-problems-at-razorback-games/821425533
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

(notOM)Rebel123

Maybe they should just allow Chef Shuttle or Bite Squad to deliver to the stadium?
I can just hear it over the PA system now, "Attention: Twistitup, your Mong Dynasty order is ready for pickup at Gate 1. Pickup for Twistitup now ready at Gate 1."
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

twistitup

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on February 03, 2018, 06:21:55 am
Maybe they should just allow Chef Shuttle or Bite Squad to deliver to the stadium?
I can just hear it over the PA system now, "Attention: Twistitup, your Mong Dynasty order is ready for pickup at Gate 1. Pickup for Twistitup now ready at Gate 1."

I love Mong....It's bad, bad, bad for the gut the Gen Tso is Tso Tso good for the soul

and the hot and sour soup - good stuff

My luck is....I would walk down to get my food, then all the way back up to the party platform on the Upper Westside, open the bag and they forgot my f------ crab rangoon!

Unbelievable

I'm on the upper west, so I COULD take a roll of braided twine in the game w me - drop it over the back of the stadium onto Razorback Rd and then have them tie my to go bag to the string and I just pull it up to the Westside Party Platform. Bingo

The Westside COULD be the place you come to pick up your order you called in - and we get a little 'juice' off of the deal for bringing in the twine and everything. On a 20.00 'string' order maybe we can get and extra 3-4.00 bucks for the common man in the Upper West.

rljjr

Quote from: twistitup on February 03, 2018, 06:13:13 am

They are going to add 1 more kitchen during the expansion - which leaves 2 kitchens to serve everyone. Unbelievable.

We want a 5* gameday experience but our planning, development and execution is looking more 2*

"The main problem, according to Senior Associate Athletic Director Chris Freet, is the stadium only has one kitchen to service up to 80,000 fans." No shiite Sherlock!

I would give up my dream of finishing the west side of the stadium if we could just get decent Food and Drinks during the game.

http://www.arkansasmatters.com/news/local-news/concession-stand-problems-at-razorback-games/821425533

Now I know what that big gap is for!!! It's a huge outdoor kitchen. That's Heisman-level planning right there!

Torqued pork

Is the food worse at RRS than other SEC stadiums?

sasnakrafan

Not sure if it is the worse, but we are far from the best! LSU was good! Lots of local flavors for sure.

jkstock04

Quote from: Torqued pork on February 03, 2018, 09:11:36 am
From my experience we have a leg up...but my seats being close to the food court I have no complaints. Upper west side you are probably stuck with the bare minimum.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: twistitup on February 03, 2018, 06:47:58 am
I love Mong....It's bad, bad, bad for the gut the Gen Tso is Tso Tso good for the soul

and the hot and sour soup - good stuff

My luck is....I would walk down to get my food, then all the way back up to the party platform on the Upper Westside, open the bag and they forgot my f------ crab rangoon!

Unbelievable

I'm on the upper west, so I COULD take a roll of braided twine in the game w me - drop it over the back of the stadium onto Razorback Rd and then have them tie my to go bag to the string and I just pull it up to the Westside Party Platform. Bingo

The Westside COULD be the place you come to pick up your order you called in - and we get a little 'juice' off of the deal for bringing in the twine and everything. On a 20.00 'string' order maybe we can get and extra 3-4.00 bucks for the common man in the Upper West.

I know the family that owns Mong or at least they used to. Good people.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Torqued pork on February 03, 2018, 09:11:36 am

Not the ones I've been to it isn't.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: sasnakrafan on February 03, 2018, 09:18:40 am
Not sure if it is the worse, but we are far from the best! LSU was good! Lots of local flavors for sure.

I looked it up and they use Aramark. Another large contract food provider.

Hog N Bama

Your food threads are getting old.

Inhogswetrust

Stealth

Aramark is a huge provider for food service They provide food for prisons, hospitals,  huge companies. They provide concession services for College teams and Professional sport teams. They are about one thing. Money. My brother worked for them as Head Chef/Kitchen manager at a couple of colleges. One in Nebraska and one here in Arkansas. Needless to say he now works as head Kitchen manager for a private school here in Arkansas. Stress level way down.                                                                                                   

snoblind

Quote from: Hog N Bama on February 03, 2018, 09:39:11 am
Your food threads are getting old.

Word on the street is the PTB are getting tired of them.  They are planning on punishing the upper west side with left over hot dogs and no ice in the Pepsi because of Twist making them look bad.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Stealth on February 03, 2018, 10:03:21 am
Aramark is a huge provider for food service They provide food for prisons, hospitals,  huge companies. They provide concession services for College teams and Professional sport teams. They are about one thing. Money. My brother worked for them as Head Chef/Kitchen manager at a couple of colleges. One in Nebraska and one here in Arkansas. Needless to say he now works as head Kitchen manager for a private school here in Arkansas. Stress level way down.                                                                                                   

All the large contract food companies are about that one thing called money.

twistitup

Quote from: snoblind on February 03, 2018, 01:34:03 pm
Word on the street is the PTB are getting tired of them.  They are planning on punishing the upper west side with left over hot dogs and no ice in the Pepsi because of Twist making them look bad.

They can't do anything to us up there that hasn't already been done. The hot water game had older fans dropping like flies - paramedics everywhere......while the rest of the stadium enjoyed the game we were having to save lives.

It's a different world.

Somebody posted earlier about a Food Court. I've never heard of such a thing...we are lucky be hydrated, much less enjoy a food court.

jneal56

Guess I'm in the minority when I say that I've never gone to a game and really gave 2 craps about the damn concessions. Really? That's a complaint on here? The damn concession stands? You want them to get faster and have more food/drink that is marked up 600% or more? That doesn't really even taste that great in the first place? How about we just continue our pursuit of correcting the product on the field and then when you can't find something else to complain about, fly the banners about the damn kitchens!
"At least we are moral"

MuskogeeHogFan

So before we have had one kitchen serving all concession stands in the stadium and expected to serve 72,000 fans? Now we will have 2 kitchens serving 40,000 each? It might not be ideal, but it looks like progress if I understand your post correctly. By the way, will this thread change that?
Go Hogs Go!

twistitup

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 03, 2018, 05:00:50 pm
So before we have had one kitchen serving all concession stands in the stadium and expected to serve 72,000 fans? Now we will have 2 kitchens serving 40,000 each? It might not be ideal, but it looks like progress if I understand your post correctly. By the way, will this thread change that?

2 kitchens - but we've added fans....I bet it works out PERFECTLY

Great planning

Let's eat

cityhog

Here's a hot idea. See if you can't go 4 hours w/o stuffing your face with horrible food. Good for your health and your wallet.

DLUXHOG

Fans can always stop eating, as it's only for a very few hours...  just sayin...
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

LZH

Sneak in some chips and Snickers.

twistitup

Quote from: cityhog on February 07, 2018, 04:50:56 pm
Here's a hot idea. See if you can't go 4 hours w/o stuffing your face with horrible food. Good for your health and your wallet.

You probably weigh 350

twistitup

Quote from: DLUXHOG on February 07, 2018, 05:09:19 pm
Fans can always stop eating, as it's only for a very few hours...  just sayin...

You too

1highhog

Quote from: LZH on February 07, 2018, 05:27:35 pm
Sneak in some chips and Snickers.

People don't know how to do that I guess, I sneak in my own drink, and food and have never been caught doing so.  What's the worst thing they're going to do, I'll just throw it in the trash and walk on into the Stadium.

twistitup

Quote from: 1highhog on February 07, 2018, 05:36:10 pm
People don't know how to do that I guess, I sneak in my own drink, and food and have never been caught doing so.  What's the worst thing they're going to do, I'll just throw it in the trash and walk on into the Stadium.

Whatever happened to honesty?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: twistitup on February 03, 2018, 05:07:46 pm
2 kitchens - but we've added fans....I bet it works out PERFECTLY

Great planning

Let's eat

Probably more perfectly than in the past. 1 kitchen vs.72,000    2 kitchens vs.80,000 (40K each)

Maybe not perfect, but better than before. Why complain about incremental improvements?

It would seem that you have a "blood brother" at Alabama, where they have more people to feed.

http://www.cw.ua.edu/article/2016/10/bryant-denny-stadium-has-room-for-improvement
Go Hogs Go!

_Hamlet_

Hot take. Come get your hot take. 

LZH

Quote from: 1highhog on February 07, 2018, 05:36:10 pm

I'm reporting you to the authorities!!!   >:(

ricepig

Quote from: LZH on February 07, 2018, 06:11:03 pm
I'm reporting you to the authorities!!!   >:(

I know I always want a Snicker bar in my boot on a 105° degree day closer to the Sun...

twistitup

Quote from: ricepig on February 07, 2018, 06:13:17 pm
I know I always want a Snicker bar in my boot on a 105° degree day closer to the Sun...

I bet Skandar would deliver me some grub by drone...drone concessions delivery is probably the future- we might well as well get ahead of it. In addition, people won't have to get up and down as much.....and it will help recruiting

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ricepig on February 07, 2018, 06:13:17 pm
Melted Snickers goes great with "boot stashed"Heaven Hill.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on February 07, 2018, 08:58:09 pm
Melted Snickers goes great with "boot stashed"Heaven Hill.

Heaven Hill? Must be one of those neck is red guys.

hobhog

Peanuts and hotdogs always been good with me. Tailgating or pre game meal will always be preferred for real food.

twistitup

Quote from: hobhog on February 08, 2018, 07:37:18 am
Peanuts and hotdogs always been good with me. Tailgating or pre game meal will always be preferred for real food.

Tell Jera....now that he's financing this thing, I assume he will bring a piece of Jera's World to RRS - that means good food and drinks

I bet he likes the drone idea - he's not a peanuts and hotdog type of guy. It's 2017, Peanuts and Hotdogs are sooooooo 1920's

elksnort

Here is a suggestion. Don't eat or drink at the game.

Or, stay home.

twistitup

Quote from: elksnort on February 08, 2018, 07:47:33 am
Here is a suggestion. Don't eat or drink at the game.

Or, stay home.

Nothing like a little dehydration on a warm Sat afternoon....after walking from the H.S. (where I like to park) to the stadium, then up to the upper westside party platform - a hog fan needs a sip of something - I like to enjoy my hogs hydrated.

If we all take your suggestion, I hope they increase the number of paramedics -

Let me guess.....you a tough ol bird - walked to school, up hill - both ways - in the snow - freezing temps - single room school house - boot straps

Lao Tsuie

I really liked the curry I got from Mong,  plus, it was the only place on College open at 9pm on Thanksgiving.

elksnort

Quote from: twistitup on February 08, 2018, 07:50:57 am
Nothing like a little dehydration on a warm Sat afternoon....after walking from the H.S. (where I like to park) to the stadium, then up to the upper westside party platform - a hog fan needs a sip of something - I like to enjoy my hogs hydrated.

If we all take your suggestion, I hope they increase the number of paramedics -

Let me guess.....you a tough ol bird - walked to school, up hill - both ways - in the snow - freezing temps - single room school house - boot straps
No. Seriously, I agree about the hydration thing. The damn water fountains at wMS were not functional the last few times I've been. I will spend $50 on a good bottle of bourbon, but it irks me t o have tyo pay $4 for a bottle of water.

ricepig

Quote from: elksnort on February 08, 2018, 08:14:02 am
No. Seriously, I agree about the hydration thing. The damn water fountains at wMS were not functional the last few times I've been. I will spend $50 on a good bottle of bourbon, but it irks me t o have tyo pay $4 for a bottle of water.

Fill your bottle up with good CWL water and stick it in with the Snickers bar.

BallHog1

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 07, 2018, 06:09:25 pm
Probably more perfectly than in the past. 1 kitchen vs.72,000    2 kitchens vs.80,000 (40K each)

Maybe not perfect, but better than before. Why complain about incremental improvements?

It would seem that you have a "blood brother" at Alabama, where they have more people to feed.

http://www.cw.ua.edu/article/2016/10/bryant-denny-stadium-has-room-for-improvement

The American Institute on Concessions says the optimum ration is 37,500 to 1 (fans/kitchens), so were getting close. Put in a Coleman stove near each endzone and you may be there.

twistitup

Quote from: BallHog1 on February 08, 2018, 08:17:07 am
The American Institute on Concessions says the optimum ration is 37,500 to 1 (fans/kitchens), so were getting close. Put in a Coleman stove near each endzone and you may be there.

I was thinking of a Mongolian Grill on the upper westside party platform. The smoke won't bother anybody since we are so high up. The view from the Grill will be unbelievable....no problem finding volunteers to run the grill and cash register as long as Levy supplies the food.

DeltaBoy

Never had any problem getting food at Little Rock.  Poor planning it they want to claim it to be such a great place for a football game.
Solid fast Concessions is part of the experience.   
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Cotton

I'm usually so stuffed after tailgating I don't wanna think about food for the entirety of the game.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 08, 2018, 08:20:46 am
Never had any problem getting food at Little Rock.  Poor planning it they want to claim it to be such a great place for a football game.
Solid fast Concessions is part of the experience.
Way to taint this topic with your carpet bagging theories of GSD.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

twistitup

Quote from: Cotton on February 08, 2018, 08:41:03 am
I'm usually so stuffed after tailgating I don't wanna think about food for the entirety of the game.

Great....I've never gotten an invite., must of missed it.

Let me know where - I'll be there and I'll be HUNGRY

Cotton is my new best bud....I've started many food threads waiting for a moment like this.

elksnort

Quote from: ricepig on February 08, 2018, 08:16:58 am
Fill your bottle up with good CWL water and stick it in with the Snickers bar.
We do indeed have good water here in Jonesboro.

Razorbackers

Cotton

Quote from: twistitup on February 08, 2018, 10:24:03 am
Great....I've never gotten an invite., must of missed it.

Let me know where - I'll be there and I'll be HUNGRY

Cotton is my new best bud....I've started many food threads waiting for a moment like this.
Twist, if I were to invite anybody from HV to a tailgate... You're definitely #1 on the list.

First game I make it to next fall I want to do a Carne Asada. If it happens, you can bet I'll send an invite your way.

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Cotton

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on February 08, 2018, 09:31:11 am
Way to taint this topic with your carpet bagging theories of GSD.
BUSTED! I knew Delta was Carpet Bagger!! SCUM

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX