Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Question for the Conspiracy Theorists Here...

Started by CabotHog87, October 15, 2010, 01:48:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CabotHog87

When we curb stomp Auburn does ESPN give the Hogs props for handing the Tigers their asses? Or do they go the "Auburn was clearly an overrated team sitting at #7" route?

Thoughts?

HognVA

losthawg68

Re:  I just came into some money...
Quote from: cosmodrum on April 01, 2011, 01:34:40 pm
Why money...didn't have a sock or tissue handy?

Quote from: Slacker on August 14, 2012, 10:57:10 pm
God Damn you Lost....

Uberanubis

Neither, auburn gets trashed for things they did wrong and should have done right to win the game, no love for hogs and, no Auburn is overrated.

Remember we are supposed to be the Ole miss of last year.
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

SharpTusk

Quote from: CabotHog87 on October 15, 2010, 01:48:05 pm
When we curb stomp Auburn does ESPN give the Hogs props for handing the Tigers their asses? Or do they go the "Auburn was clearly an overrated team sitting at #7" route?

Thoughts?

ESPN will call it an upset but not give the Hogs their due.  They'll be on to Spurrier as the once and future darling. 
Writer on  hog database

CabotHog87

Quote from: SharpTusk on October 15, 2010, 01:55:30 pm
ESPN will call it an upset but not give the Hogs their due.  They'll be on to Spurrier as the once and future darling.

Good point. What chance is there (if any) that the Hogs and Auburn swap spots in the polls? Or do we just move to like 10 or 9 at best?

Breems

They'll give a minute or two coverage and talk about how the SEC isn't as good as SEC fans want to think.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

beansandtaters

Thoughts?

IF we "curb stomp" Auburn, they will say that they are overrated. If we play them down to the wire and win, then they will give us our due. I know it sounds ridiculous but that's what happens when your main announcers don't even know that the AR v. A&M series is not a home and home.

bphi11ips

Quote from: Breems on October 15, 2010, 02:05:46 pm
They'll give a minute or two coverage and talk about how the SEC isn't as good as SEC fans want to think.

This.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

HogScoutMaster

If we can win the next 4 games, then we might get some props.
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

hogsanity

Not that it is a conspiracy, but they have already been metioning how close to the edge Auburn has been living with their last second wins.   
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

judgeroyswine

Given your senario, they will say, "Arkansas is a good team when they put together four quarters.  Now with the early loss to Bama, Hog fans must once again be asking 'what if.'  Auburn obviously made key mistakes and wasn't efficient enough when it counted."
Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

duck slayer

All the pundits that are currently pumping the AU sunshine and have currently forgotten about Auburn's late season melt down last year will suddenly remember and pretend that they have seen this coming all year and wonder aloud what all the fuss has been about while pretending they weren't doing quite a bit of pumping themselves.

I've never seen these guys be held accountable for their incorrect predictions after gameday.  After all, it doesn't make for good tv to blow the credibility of your analysts by harping on their mistakes for more than a few quick post game barbs.

For example the following hypothetical conversation would not go over too well:

Mark May:  "So Herbstreet, you say that LSU is going to have their way with Auburn this week after the curb stomping Auburn took from Arkansas last week.  That's interesting, since last week when you said Auburn was going to roll Arkansas on their way to winning the West.  Let's take a look at that video from last week."

Herbie:  "Yea Mark, but that's not as bad as your prediction that South Carolina was going to win the SEC title after beating Bama considering Kentucky just gave them their second conference loss.  Should we pull that clip for the viewers at home?"

I don't think they could maintain their level of superiority by pointing out their failures, so it's good marketing strategy to pretend it didn't happen and that's what they will do.

And I don't think it's a Hog conspiracy.  They rewrite history every week for all teams.  You'll probably notice that they do more pumping of teams that are coming up for broadcast on their network too.  Hmmm....I wonder why.

Razorfox

I have proof that Americans never landed on the moon...I promise. 

Oh wait, wrong conspiracy theory.

I don't think ESPN will be able to play up the overrated angle with Auburn being a 6-0 team that beat the team that beat the #1 team in the country.   

want2be

If we beat Auburn like a drum
If A&M beat Mizzu
If Ga. covers 14 against Vandy
If Bama covers 21 against Ol Ms

If Mallett has a great game and our Dfense looks like a Top 20.

Then we may get an ounce of credit.

CabotHog87

Quote from: duck slayer on October 15, 2010, 02:59:25 pm
All the pundits that are currently pumping the AU sunshine and have currently forgotten about Auburn's late season melt down last year will suddenly remember and pretend that they have seen this coming all year and wonder aloud what all the fuss has been about while pretending they weren't doing quite a bit of pumping themselves.

I've never seen these guys be held accountable for their incorrect predictions after gameday.  After all, it doesn't make for good tv to blow the credibility of your analysts by harping on their mistakes for more than a few quick post game barbs.

For example the following hypothetical conversation would not go over too well:

Mark May:  "So Herbstreet, you say that LSU is going to have their way with Auburn this week after the curb stomping Auburn took from Arkansas last week.  That's interesting, since last week when you said Auburn was going to roll Arkansas on their way to winning the West.  Let's take a look at that video from last week."

Herbie:  "Yea Mark, but that's not as bad as your prediction that South Carolina was going to win the SEC title after beating Bama considering Kentucky just gave them their second conference loss.  Should we pull that clip for the viewers at home?"

I don't think they could maintain their level of superiority by pointing out their failures, so it's good marketing strategy to pretend it didn't happen and that's what they will do.

And I don't think it's a Hog conspiracy.  They rewrite history every week for all teams.  You'll probably notice that they do more pumping of teams that are coming up for broadcast on their network too.  Hmmm....I wonder why.

I really like that "What were you thinking?" segment on Gameday now though lol

Pig in the Pokey

Thoughts?
good question. Most will say 'the sec is down.'  Some will gives us props, especially if we punish them.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

DeltaBoy

Both  ESPIn is all about keeping you watching.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: want2be on October 15, 2010, 03:05:20 pm
If we beat Auburn like a drum
If A&M beat Mizzu
If Ga. covers 14 against Vandy
If Bama covers 21 against Ol Ms

If Mallett has a great game and our Dfense looks like a Top 20.

Then we may get an ounce of credit.
great post +1
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli