Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A question for some of you heavy gym users,

Started by 1highhog, December 27, 2017, 04:16:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

1highhog

I was watching this youtube video of the strength training that both Holly Holms and Chris Cyborg put in in order to get ready for a fight.  Incidently, the reason I was watching it was because they are both scheduled to fight one another this Saturday night, and I'm thinking he'll kill Holly.  What I was wanting to know from some of y'all is, if you watch this video, how much weight is on this bar that Cyborg is lifting?  It seems like and insane amount for a woman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQ3mSxXaMA4

clutch

It's hard to tell with her using the solid black bumper plates. It's heavy for a woman though whatever it is.

Ragnar Hogbrok

I've seen bumper plates that size and width from 15lbs to 50lbs.  Hard to say.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Buff

Looks heavier than some of the videos I've seen of Mattie Rogers lifting, and she's an Olympic weightlifter in the 152 lb category.

Whatever Cyborg is lifting, I would hate to have her mad at me.

1highhog

Quote from: Buff on January 06, 2018, 05:02:43 pm
Looks heavier than some of the videos I've seen of Mattie Rogers lifting, and she's an Olympic weightlifter in the 152 lb category.

Whatever Cyborg is lifting, I would hate to have her mad at me.

Just looking at Cyborg as she's lifting this weight I would think it's a fairly heavy weight.  I've seen her pick up and body slam guys that were big guys, that's not like picking up weight above your head but she's a tremendous athlete doped or however she's doing it.