Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cardinals TV games on Cox and Comcast

Started by booogaga, April 05, 2009, 09:51:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

booogaga

The past few years that I have lived here they have been. But as of right now they are not on the tv schedule. Does anyone know if comcast is going to televise all of the games this year like they have in the past?

Thanks
GO HOGS!

dacskc

If they don't, you can always do what I did...switch to satellite and get the Fox Sports Package...You'll get about 85-90% of the games and won't pay the MLB network price.

booogaga

It's amazing. I called comcast a couple of times. It's as if they train hard to be unhelpfull.
GO HOGS!

turboL

Fox sports Midwest is the channel you need for the majority of the games.  Some sunday games are broadcast on KKYK, which I think was channel 15 if I remember right.

Quote from: booogaga on April 05, 2009, 11:04:07 pm
It's amazing. I called comcast a couple of times. It's as if they train hard to be unhelpfull.
I've tried to figure this out as well. In short, the people on the phone have no idea. In the past a channel was dedicated to showing baseball games that didn't otherwise have programming - I think it was channel 66 - but I can't tell if that will be back.

booogaga

Quote from: Karma on April 06, 2009, 09:12:51 am
I've tried to figure this out as well. In short, the people on the phone have no idea. In the past a channel was dedicated to showing baseball games that didn't otherwise have programming - I think it was channel 66 - but I can't tell if that will be back.

Agreed. That's what I have been trying to find out as well... We will see today at 3:15.
GO HOGS!

UltraRedDeltaNinjaForce

Hey guys, I remember getting all the Cardinals games on TV last year, but I can't seem to find the station they're on today. Any help would be appreciated...

UltraRedDeltaNinjaForce

Hey guys, I remember getting all the Cardinals games on TV last year, but I can't seem to find the station they're on today. Any help would be appreciated...

bhshawgfan

channel 39 says cardinals baseball but right now is infomercials

UltraRedDeltaNinjaForce

Quote from: bhshawgfan on April 06, 2009, 03:10:56 pm
channel 39 says cardinals baseball but right now is infomercials

Yeah I see that... but why the hell is Opening Day not being broadcast? And is channel 39 FSN Midwest?

bhshawgfan

UltraRedDeltaNinjaForce

Anyone? I can't believe Opening Day is not on TV anywhere in NWA.

Table Rocker

It used to be on one of the real estate channels. Maybe in the 70's? I'd flip through every channel, if I remember it didn't even show up on the guide.

HogCard

What about Cox Cable in NWA?  Supposed to be on Channel 39 but a no show today.  What gives?  Called them and they said it was not one of the games they were set to air, but it was on for a little while then went to Dean Martin show.

UltraRedDeltaNinjaForce

I have flipped through every channel, and so far, nothing. I seem to want to say they were on 75 last year, but nothing on that channel yet.

bhshawgfan

via the man at cox. they said that they have not worked out the contract yet. call and complain locally and nationally. i know nationals number is 4048435000

bhshawgfan

via the man at cox. they said that they have not worked out the contract yet. call and complain locally and nationally. i know nationals number is 4048435000

bhshawgfan

via the man at cox. they said that they have not worked out the contract with FSN yet. call and complain locally and nationally. i know nationals number is 4048435000

UltraRedDeltaNinjaForce

darn.. thanks for the info though

BEvERage

listed on cox cable guide on channel 39

bhshawgfan

UltraRedDeltaNinjaForce

Yeah, but an infomercial is on channel 39 for some reason.

UltraRedDeltaNinjaForce

OK, I just saws Pujols' at bat on channel 39, but then it quickly changed over to an infomercial? WTH?

booogaga

is this what is happening for comcast as well. this really irks me. i have lived here in the rock for 5 years and have been able to watch every redbird game. this is not cool at all...
GO HOGS!

HogCard

Quote from: bhshawgfan on April 06, 2009, 03:43:38 pm

Didn't call but I did send them an email.

HogCard

Quote from: UltraRedDeltaNinjaForce on April 06, 2009, 04:00:52 pm
OK, I just saws Pujols' at bat on channel 39, but then it quickly changed over to an infomercial? WTH?

yep, me to.  this bites.

UltraRedDeltaNinjaForce

I'm no expert regarding TV contracts, by any means, but doesn't it make sense to lock up your baseball contracts before the season starts?

booogaga

yeah i finally got ahold of someone and she said that she had already gotten several calls and that she was trying to get it figured out. she said that she was sending a report to her supervisor. for what its worth i told her i would switch to satellite to get fox sports midwest before i spend a gazillion dollars on the major league package and that i was very upset...
GO HOGS!

Quote from: booogaga on April 06, 2009, 04:44:35 pm
yeah i finally got ahold of someone and she said that she had already gotten several calls and that she was trying to get it figured out. she said that she was sending a report to her supervisor. for what its worth i told her i would switch to satellite to get fox sports midwest before i spend a gazillion dollars on the major league package and that i was very upset...
What number did you call? I'll call too.

Also, the Cardinals are blacked out on the MLB Extra Innings package in central Arkansas. So that doesn't even help us.

Hogtropolis™

primetime21

That's great, we get to suffer through the Chiefs and now the Royals. :puke:

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: ScottFaldon on April 07, 2009, 08:23:06 am
Marty Houston speculated this morning that part of the problem might be the Royals are claiming Fayetteville/Fort Smith as part of their market, thanks to the Naturals being in Springdale now.
Scott, do you know what the best way to get this worked out is?  Just flood them with phone calls?

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: ScottFaldon on April 07, 2009, 09:34:16 am
I'm not sure. I'm working on some more info.

That said, phone calls probably wouldn't hurt.
I just called them and she said the only games that are scheduled to air on channel 30 (the only ones that have worked a a deal with FSN on) are on April 12, April 26, and a few in May.

She wasn't real helpful.  Just told me basically what I have already read on here.

I asked about a timetable for negotiations and she said she doesn't know at this time.

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on April 07, 2009, 09:44:54 am
I just called them and she said the only games that are scheduled to air on channel 30 (the only ones that have worked a a deal with FSN on) are on April 12, April 26, and a few in May.

She wasn't real helpful.  Just told me basically what I have already read on here.

I asked about a timetable for negotiations and she said she doesn't know at this time.
Is this in NWA?

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: Karma on April 07, 2009, 10:41:36 am
Is this in NWA?
Fort Smith.  I would assume it would be the same for Fayetteville, just a different channel.

UltraRedDeltaNinjaForce

Are there at least some radio stations in the NWA area that carry Cardinals games? Or online audio?

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: UltraRedDeltaNinjaForce on April 07, 2009, 02:14:18 pm
Are there at least some radio stations in the NWA area that carry Cardinals games? Or online audio?
I'm not sure about NWA.  I know if anyone is reading this in Fort Smith, you can pick up the games on AM 1230.

primetime21

Quote from: ScottFaldon on April 07, 2009, 04:12:27 pm
Just got word ... deal has been reached between Cox and Fox Sports. Games should be on air in Fort Smith/Fayetteville beginning tonight.

I hope you are right.

Robert Shields

April 07, 2009, 04:22:21 pm #38 Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 04:24:26 pm by Robert Shields
You guys aren't the only ones mad about Cardinals games not on your cable system.

http://travelerocity.blogs.com/travelerocity/2009/03/biggest-news-of-the-summerno-cardinals-games-on-comcast-this-year.html

booogaga

Just got word ... deal has been reached between Cox and Fox Sports. Games should be on air in Fort Smith/Fayetteville beginning tonight.
what about little rock, we cant even get them on radio here...
GO HOGS!

Quote from: Robert Shields on April 07, 2009, 04:22:21 pm
You guys aren't the only ones mad about Cardinals games not on your cable system.

http://travelerocity.blogs.com/travelerocity/2009/03/biggest-news-of-the-summerno-cardinals-games-on-comcast-this-year.html

I've called Comcast but I don't get anyone local who has a clue what I'm talking about.

Hogtropolis™

Thanks Scott, I wasn't home tonight (watching the Hogs beat the Sun Devils) to see if they were indeed on, but that is great news.  Thanks.

ADHog

Screw the Cardinals! They get shoved down our throats here and it's sickening. I'm sure it's because they win one World Series and everyone jumps on their wagon. F the cards, pick a real team, like a team you grew up watching, mine is the Royals! Through thick and thin......Go Blue!  ;D

ADHog, why do you click on a Cardinals thread to complain that people like the Cardinals? Just avoid the thread. For the record, its 10 world titles.

FaytownHog

Quote from: ADHog on April 08, 2009, 12:21:12 am
Screw the Cardinals! They get shoved down our throats here and it's sickening. I'm sure it's because they win one World Series and everyone jumps on their wagon. F the cards, pick a real team, like a team you grew up watching, mine is the Royals! Through thick and thin......Go Blue!  ;D
well, through thin anyway right? ;). you probably haven't lived long enough to go through thick AND thin. and idk if you've checked your world series history, but the cardinals have won more than one.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: FaytownHog on April 08, 2009, 09:11:46 am
well, through thin anyway right? ;). you probably haven't lived long enough to go through thick AND thin. and idk if you've checked your world series history, but the cardinals have won more than one.
And the Cards got cheated out of the one that the Royals do have.

booogaga

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on April 08, 2009, 09:20:01 am
And the Cards got cheated out of the one that the Royals do have.
good call

but lets get to the point here, this is not a royals vs. cards thread. merely a thread about getting games televised
GO HOGS!

Quote from: booogaga on April 08, 2009, 09:34:47 am
good call

but lets get to the point here, this is not a royals vs. cards thread. merely a thread about getting games televised
To that end, I called Comcast last night and spoke to someone who said Comcast and MLB were negotiating to get the games. I don't know if this is true or how this would work, but he did say he had several calls from Little Rock yesterday. Also, he recommended sending a letter to the following address requesting the games and Fox Sports Midwest for LR:

Comcast
Attn Channel Line up
PO box 182249
Chattanooga TN 37422

rzbk

I saw the game on Cox last night, yet TONIGHT IT'S NOT ON!! IT'S INFOMERCIALS! WHAT THE HECK?!

primetime21

Not sure, but Cox needs to get their darn together.