Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RRS to get natural grass in 2019

Started by ricepig, May 26, 2018, 08:13:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

HogPharmer

Quote from: GuvHog on May 27, 2018, 04:41:51 pm
It says Prescription Athletic Turf. Do you know what that is???

It's prescribed by a doctor?
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Dtechman on May 26, 2018, 10:48:29 pm
I would have thought Bert would have made the change for his ground and pound and slow the game down. I know Bobby wanted the turf so we would play faster with better footing. Any insight to why CM prefers grass?

Maybe he would have but after spending a million bucks to get it the administration did not want to remove it until its life expectancy was over.  I think 10 years.

Maybe the reason Morris wants grass is because he knows depth down he will never have the athletes of the top tier teams in the SEC.  Just a thought.    Or maybe he loves grass like he says.  lol

Razorback7281

Quote from: razorback44 on May 27, 2018, 07:31:10 pm
Mississippi State is known nationally for their turf management program. Of all of the SEC schools, they for sure have a grass field.
Yet for some reason both State and the Aggies have turf in their foul territory on their baseball fields.  For two schools to have such renowned ag programs it seems odd they can't grow grass in those areas but at Baum they are able to.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 16, 2015, 08:55:43 pmgurantee I'm smarter then you..but that's not saying much.
Quote from: talley on September 17, 2015, 09:53:38 am
you misspelled "Guarantee" while trying to talk about how smart you are.  Epic Fail.
Quote from: Lanny on October 16, 2015, 07:37:58 am
Good job everyone except Faldon.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on May 29, 2018, 01:27:47 pm
Most likely we will go with Latitude 36 Bermuda, which is more of a transitional zone Bermuda developed by OSU.  Its currently what they are using at Baum stadium.   Will be interesting to see if they over seed with rye in October like they do for the baseball field.

https://sodsolutions.com/grasses/latitude36-bermudagrass/
I talked to the head grass guy at the university last week.  I asked him how they plan to deal with the possibility of a November freeze and also the lack of sun in the south goal line/endzone area in the late fall. He said they're got some ideas they're working on but he didn't get specific.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 07, 2018, 05:26:21 pm
I talked to the head grass guy at the university last week.  I asked him how they plan to deal with the possibility of a November freeze and also the lack of sun in the south goal line/endzone area in the late fall. He said they're got some ideas they're working on but he didn't get specific.

Sounds like the kind of response you'd get from a grass head.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

ricepig

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on June 07, 2018, 05:32:49 pm
Sounds like the kind of response you'd get from a grass head.

Or a politician or lawyer...........no offense.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

DEVIL DOG HOG

"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

Pork Twain

Quote from: ricepig on May 27, 2018, 03:48:24 pm
They have Tifway 419 Bermuda grass, if that's what you are calling turf surface.

I remember Guv being right once...jk...nobody remembers that ever happening.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

tee1up2par

Quote from: ricepig on May 27, 2018, 12:00:51 pm
Nope, not that much to pull up and put back down, about 1/2 that. It costs anywhere from $600k to $1M to install on a grass field, but that includes a lot of drainage work, curbing, and dirt work to remove the middle hump.

This is very accurate.  I've done 4-5 high school fields around the state and you are right on the money with your estimated cost.  They will have to remove the crushed rock below the turf now, bring back in soil & re-grade to add back the crown in the field.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

Inhogswetrust

June 11, 2018, 04:25:51 pm #111 Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 09:28:23 am by Inhogswetrust
 ::hornsdown::
Quote from: Pork Twain on June 08, 2018, 05:24:48 am
I remember Guv being right once...jk...nobody remembers that ever happening.

Probably even uses the ladies restroom..............by mistake. Then says it was on purpose.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

prattville pig

when I retire, I've got to find me a head grass guy
Life's too short to last long.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: prattville pig on June 11, 2018, 04:56:55 pm
when I retire, I've got to find me a head grass guy

Might want to find a good lawyer then also. Unless you have a medical need.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on June 11, 2018, 04:25:51 pm
::hornsdown::
Probably even uses the ladies restroom..............by mistake. Then says it was on purpose.

I got all the way in to the wash basins one time and I looked up and it was all ladies staring at me...I beat a very fast retreat!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on June 12, 2018, 11:48:42 am
I got all the way in to the wash basins one time and I looked up and it was all ladies staring at me...I beat a very fast retreat!

A friend of mine did that one time in the infield restrooms at Oaklawn years ago. Some guys will go anywhere to find a filly.....................

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on June 12, 2018, 11:50:19 am
A friend of mine did that one time in the infield restrooms at Oaklawn years ago. Some guys will go anywhere to find a filly.....................

Yes well my filly heehawed her asz off when I told her what happened.