Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gump week

Started by Lord of the Styes, October 05, 2016, 07:20:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord of the Styes

I'm watching the Alcorn State game and noticed that Whaley runs like Forrest Gump when he breaks out into the open field.

HogShat

He is a very efficient runner. I noticed on the camera view from the endzone he was running to on his long TD, the motion of his legs looks like that of a cyclist. Not all bow legged or crazy feet, but knees and feet very close together with very little wasted motion.

razorbackkid

Quote from: Lord of the Styes on October 05, 2016, 07:20:49 am
I'm watching the Alcorn State game and noticed that Whaley runs like Forrest Gump when he breaks out into the open field.
Whaley did stop once he got in the endzone....Forrest didn't.  :)
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

parallaxpig

noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

HungryHog

Lt Dan:  I thought I would try out my sea legs..
Forrest:  Lt. Dan, you ain't got no legs..
Lt Dan:  Yes, I know that Forrest.

longpig

Coach Mitchell teaches this.
Don't be scared, be smart.

cosmodrum

lol i noticed that too
Go away, batin'

parallaxpig

noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

theFlyingHog

parallaxpig

Grunt

Quote from: HogShat on October 05, 2016, 07:45:58 am
He is a very efficient runner. I noticed on the camera view from the endzone he was running to on his long TD, the motion of his legs looks like that of a cyclist. Not all bow legged or crazy feet, but knees and feet very close together with very little wasted motion.
But damn, he's fast! Shouldn't be with that stride but he is.
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

Hogs33

"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company." Mark Twain

PorkRinds

DeltaBoy

Run Forrest Run.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

neal64ss

lumphog

parallaxpig

Lord of the Styes

Razorback Ping Pong has a bright future.

Sir Oinksalot

...sure am glad we don't have to play against that Gump, he was spooky...

I remember wondering WHY Lt. Dan killed himself, didn't he have everything going good at that time ?  Weird...oh well that's Hollywood, maybe they wanted some of us to wonder ...

Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: longpig on October 05, 2016, 10:32:12 am
Coach Mitchell teaches this.

To not get tripped perhaps?

Lord of the Styes

You'd think the kids knew how to run since that's why we recruited them.

HogShat

Whatever works for you I guess. aTm's QB's stride looks like he is trying to keep from falling while running down a hill. Dennis Johnsons stride looked like wheels rolling. I think AC and Whaley have very similar styles. I had a RB a few years ago that had the most beautiful stride you've ever seen. His feet would actually come up higher than his belt behind him. Scary fast. He is an 8th grader now and is dangerous when he gets a crease. Here he is on a kick return in the 3rd grade. Sorry for the low vid quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kby8KgnG7ro

No matter what I tried it would take me a day and a half to run out of sight... Gravity...

TexHog188

"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

parallaxpig

Lord of the Styes