Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mizzou DC hired by Mizzou State

Started by Fayettechill14, December 13, 2014, 03:35:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Fayettechill14

Dave Steckel set to become the next head coach of the Missouri State Bears, per Mizzou beat writer Dave Matter. Steckel was selected from a large candidate field that included the ever-candidate Houston Nutt.

Fayettechill14

Really glad he's gone because he's a good coach.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Barry Odom to Mizz then.

I'll check his Twitter

ricepig

TeufelHog

December 13, 2014, 04:26:35 pm #4 Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 04:58:51 pm by TeufelHog
Does that possibly signal Gary Pinkel to Michigan?

redeye

Hawghiggs

Quote from: TeufelHog on December 13, 2014, 04:26:35 pm
Does that possibly signal Gary Pinkel to Michigan?
I hope not. Pinkel can't recruit Missouri for S#&t. I would hate to see someone who could.

longpig

I would think a DC with Steckel's track record could do better than Missouri State.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Hogfaniam

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on December 13, 2014, 03:35:07 pm
Dave Steckel set to become the next head coach of the Missouri State Bears, per Mizzou beat writer Dave Matter. Steckel was selected from a large candidate field that included the ever-candidate Houston Nutt.

Houston Nutt for President

http://madmikesamerica.com/2010/02/a-third-party-candidate-we-forgot/
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

jbcarol

Paul Finebaum @finebaum  ·  9 hours ago
The #Mizzou DC position is posted! What's your #SECDreamJob?

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

David Morrison @DavidCMorrison  ·  4 hours ago
The Memphis Commercial-Appeal's @phil_stukenborg writes that Barry Odom is likely headed for Missouri- http://www.commercialappeal.com/sports/tigers/phil-stukenborgs-tiger-insider/memphis-tigers-foootball-defensive-coordinator-barry-odom-missouri-steckel-justin-fuente-miami-beach-bowl-pinkel?cid=dlvr.it ....

Odom, to the C-A: "There's a lot of stuff out there, but I think the most important thing is that I take care of this (Memphis) team."

David Morrison @DavidCMorrison  ·  3 hours ago
Blog: An update (of sorts) on the Missouri DC search. Odom emerges as likely candidate- http://bit.ly/1sy0ysX .
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

David Morrison @DavidCMorrison  ·  6 hours ago

.@FootballScoop reports that Dave Steckel is bringing MU GAs Peter Badovinac, John Egorugwu and Mack Brown with him to Missouri State.

Egorugwu and Brown are offensive GAs, Badovinac on defense. Brown was the team's de facto tight ends coach this year.

Former MU safety and GA Kenji Jackson and former corner and GA Munir Prince also going with Stec, per @FootballScoop- http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/

jbcarol

Dave Matter @Dave_Matter  ·  2 hours ago
Gary Pinkel on def coordinator hire: "It's close." Says "in the next week or so" he'll have an announcement.

Pinkel said he knew Missouri St was interested in Dave Steckel with 3-4 weeks left in the season

Pinkel on Steckel leaving: "I know the team's disappointed, but disappointed because they love the guy. He did a phenomenal job here."

jbcarol

David Morrison @DavidCMorrison  ·  1 hour ago

MU announces Memphis DC Barry Odom as its new defensive coordinator and linebackers coach.

Barry Odom: "It goes without saying how excited I am to have this opportunity."

Gary Pinkel: "I know he was sought after by several power 5 schools recently, so we feel very fortunate to have him with us."

Odom, in the past 2 years, had his name linked to Indiana, Arkansas, Auburn, N. Carolina, S. Carolina, Texas Tech, Florida, Mississippi St. Texas A&M. He's truly one of the most sought after coordinators in the game today and MU landed him.

Joe Walljasper @JoeWalljasper  ·  1 hour ago

Odom is a great hire for Mizzou. Knows his stuff, knows the program. I could see him being the successor to Gary Pinkel if all goes well.

David Morrison @DavidCMorrison  ·  59 minutes ago

MU has about $30K free in the assistant pool from the Walker to Ricker switchover. Plus it could get Odom for less than Steckel's $600K.

Now, the next challenge is to see how MU keeps Craig Kuligowski happy. He wanted it.

Maybe the difference goes to Kuligowski?