Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Muschamp to Auburn

Started by redeye, December 12, 2014, 09:23:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PORKULATOR

Right now,  I'd take Robb Smith over Will BoomMF Muschamp.

Oh wait...  he's already here.

wps
ny
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: colbs on December 13, 2014, 05:31:18 pm
Well now GM can't pass the blame elsewhere. 

Why not?  Ellis Johnson also had the reputation of being a "top" defensive coordinator.   

WorfHog

In the game of College Football headcoaching, you win or you become a very highly paid assistant...

Augustus

Just to clarify... I believe Muschamp will be making over $3M/year as Auburn's DC? $1.8M/yr from Auburn + $1.6M/yr from Florida's buyout by firing him.

He'll actually be making as much as a DC, as some SEC Coaches will be making next year?  Crazy.

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: AubFaninArk on December 12, 2014, 09:59:09 pm
Secondary coach Tavarious Robinson coming with him from Florida.  Only one I've heard so far.  Rumors are Garner staying, all other defensive coaches are out.

Robinson and Muschamp are both familiar with awbern's $y$tem and how it works in recruiting.... 8)

870hogfan

Quote from: Solomwi on December 16, 2014, 02:39:18 pm
How mad are y'all gonna be when we poach Randy Shannon (although UF may snag him instead)?

Week troll attempt...

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: 870hogfan on December 16, 2014, 02:48:11 pm

Week troll attempt...

Naw........he does it more often than that............. :-\
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

AubFaninArk

Quote from: Solomwi on December 16, 2014, 02:39:18 pm
How mad are y'all gonna be when we poach Randy Shannon (although UF may snag him instead)?

Boom is not connected to Shannon so I don't see that happening.  With Durkin being tossed out today, I would rather have him coaching LB.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Solomwi on December 17, 2014, 10:22:48 am
Durkin is being talked about for open DC jobs. Doubt he's gonna accept a position coaching job at AU. Shannon to AU is a legit possibility, although he may accept a job at UF instead. Dude is a great recruiter stuck at a school that is near impossible to recruit to.

You need some new material salami........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: Solomwi on December 17, 2014, 10:22:48 am
Durkin is being talked about for open DC jobs. Doubt he's gonna accept a position coaching job at AU. Shannon to AU is a legit possibility, although he may accept a job at UF instead. Dude is a great recruiter stuck at a school that is near impossible to recruit to.

Why would Shannon want to go to awbern?  8)

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: NoNC4Tubs on December 17, 2014, 12:07:38 pm
Why would Shannon want to go to awbern?  8)

No kidding, they pay the players more than the coaches.............................on second thought that's a good reason!

jbcarol

Brandon Marcello @bmarcello  ·  2 hours ago
Auburn players know Will Muschamp is always watching http://ow.ly/G8U1Z 

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  4 hours ago
Will Muschamp's arrival leaves Auburn's defenders preparing for change once again http://s.al.com/4CraEAX

Staff changes under Will Muschamp have not yet been discussed, says Gus Malzahn http://ow.ly/GdTER
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  1 hour ago

Will Muschamp trying to rebuild Auburn's defense with cupboard far from bare http://s.al.com/QqxOYgY

QuoteWill Muschamp spent his first week back at Auburn roaming the sidelines at Outback Bowl practices, trying to get a read on the defense he's inheriting from Ellis Johnson.

Muschamp's plan is to build his defense around his talent.

Before he can start constructing his defensive scheme, Muschamp has to figure out if the Tigers have the personnel to live up to the standards he's set at LSU, Auburn, Texas and Florida, where he's produced top 10 defenses in 10 of his 12 seasons.

"We've been pretty good where we've been, but we've also had a bunch of good players, and that's the bottom line," Muschamp said. "That's what it comes down to, players.

Auburn's struggles on the defensive side of the ball the past six seasons have prompted certain segments of the fan base to question the Auburn's recruiting capabilities on the defensive side of the ball.

In that time frame, the Tigers haven't ranked higher than 60th nationally in total defense (2010) or 47th in scoring defense (2013).

An examination of Auburn's past four recruiting classes -- the seasons that primarily made up the Tigers' 2014 defense -- reveals that Muschamp's biggest task may be more directly tied to lack of development than an inability to recruit.

"We're trying to recruit the best players out there," Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn said. "I'm going to evaluate everything. I think it will be really good for him to sit back and watch our guys perform so he can evaluate and assess."

Breaking down the average 247Sports' ranking of recruiting classes over the past four years reveals that the Tigers' average national ranking (8.75) falls into fifth place in the SEC, trailing Alabama (1), Florida (7), LSU (7.5) and Georgia (8.25).

All four of those teams ranked in the top five in the SEC in total defense this season; Auburn finished ninth.

"I know one thing, they've recruited a bunch of good players here," Muschamp, who put together those Florida classes, said. "There's a bunch of guys that we were recruiting."

jbcarol

Brandon Marcello @bmarcello  ·  45 minutes ago
CGM mentions that "it's a good thing" they hired Will Muschamp to correct mistakes, personal fouls, etc., next year.