Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UF QB Treon Harris' accuser withdraws sexual battery complaint

Started by Kevin, October 06, 2014, 10:37:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

per pat dooley of gainesville sun

normal monday presser cancelled.

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

The_Iceman

Would they really fire a coach after a win? The guy will be fired, but this would certainly be an odd time to do it

Doug

After Muschamp's unprofessional comments to Vol fans, and his piss poor track record the past few seasons, wouldn't surprise me if he was suspended. Doesn't matter that he won this past Saturday (a one point win did not help things, either)
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

PorkRinds

I think their heir apparent QB Treon Harris got arrested, or is being investigated. 

HogScoutMaster

"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 06, 2014, 11:07:46 am
I think their heir apparent QB Treon Harris got arrested, or is being investigated.
I don't see them cancelling their presser for that... they haven't cancelled a Monday presser in 20 years...

Dr. Starcs

It's being reported that one of the media members showed up wearing a hog hat, thus triggering the cancellation.

ricepig

RT @DanWolken: RT @ZachAbolverdi: Sources: #UF true freshman QB Treon Harris has been suspended from the team indefinitely. #Gators

jbcarol

Pat Dooley @pat_dooley  ·  6 minutes ago

Muschamp goes a year with one arrest for possession. Now Treon Harris goes from feel good stry to suspended
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

David Jones @DaveJonesUFbeat  ·  1m
University of Florida police department investigating freshman QB Harris http://on.flatoday.com/1xhEjef  via @Florida_Today
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

PorkRinds

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on October 06, 2014, 11:10:12 am
I don't see them cancelling their presser for that... they haven't cancelled a Monday presser in 20 years...

About that...Not sure why they cancelled PC for that reason, but that's likely it. 

jbcarol

Harris led the comeback drive for Florida in Knoxville and had become an instant fan favorite.

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on October 06, 2014, 11:26:25 am
David Jones @DaveJonesUFbeat  ·  1m
University of Florida police department investigating freshman QB Harris http://on.flatoday.com/1xhEjef  via @Florida_Today

QuoteA source close to the investigation has confirmed that the University of Florida police department is investigating University of Florida quarterback Treon Harris for a possible felony charge.

The source, speaking to FLORIDA TODAY, confirmed that Harris in all likelihood will be suspended from Saturday's LSU football game.

And there is a good chance he will not be able to play during the investigation.

Harris a freshman from Booker T Washington High school in Miami...

Coincidentally both LSU and UF have freshman QBs named Harris who had become fan favorites over the incumbent.

jbcarol

David Jones @DaveJonesUFbeat  · 1 hour ago
In 20-plus years #Gators beat, this is first Monday press conference called off. Used to be Tuesdays. Even had one on 9-11. Not good.

jbcarol

David Jones @DaveJonesUFbeat  ·  31 minutes ago

A source close to the situation has confirmed that this does not involve the future of Will Muschamp. Stay tuned for details. #Gators

booogaga

GO HOGS!

booogaga

GO HOGS!

PorkRinds

With the goings on lately, I'm going to go with something involving a female.  Just a hunch.

The_Iceman

Wasn't that the kid that many thought on here might come to Arkansas?

Sueie

Don't worry Harris.  Malzahn has your phone number.  He will be in touch soon.

The_Iceman

memphishog

@osgators: UFPD police spokesperson confirms Treon Harris being investigated for sexual battery early Sunday morning.

jbcarol

Mike Bianchi @BianchiWrites  ·  3 minutes ago

Treon Harris attorney Huntley Johnson: "No, he has not been arrested and I don't expect him to be." #Gators

Treon Harris attorney Huntley Johnson on sexual assault investigation police just confirmed: : "We are cooperating with investigation."

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

jbcarol

Not too long ago:

Mike Bianchi @BianchiWrites  ·  Oct 5

Freon Treon gives #Gators offense a cool blast of hope. Bianchi column from #Vols game: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-gators/os-gators-vols-mike-bianchi-1005-20141004-column.html ...

jbcarol

Quote from: memphishog on October 06, 2014, 12:12:55 pm
@osgators: UFPD police spokesperson confirms Treon Harris being investigated for sexual battery early Sunday morning.

The reporter deleted the above tweet (I believe due to the inclusion of "battery" and followed up with this:

Edgar Thompson @osgators  ·  15m

Gators quarterback Treon Harris suspended, under investigation for sexual assault: http://bit.ly/1vHJmD6

Quoteators quarterback Treon Harris is under investigation in connection with sexual assault of a student, according to University of Florida officials.

Harris has been suspended from all team activities.

Huntley Johnson told the Orlando Sentinel he's representing Harris and they are cooperating with the investigation.

Johnson said Harris has not been arrested and he does not expect him to be detained. 
The UF campus police crime log shows authorities were called at 12:49 a.m. Sunday to Springs Residential Complex, on-campus apartments, to investigate a sexual battery allegation.

UF announced Gainesville police have been called in to assist campus police with the investigation. They said the UF Athletic Association is cooperating with the inquiry.

The University of Florida's student affairs office is expected to conduct a code of conduct review indepedent of the police investigation.

"We have no tolerance for sexual assault on our campus," UF President Bernie Machen said in a statement released by the school...

Their next QB on the depth chart, Will Grier, has back spasms per the report and was expected to be unavailable for LSU.

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on October 06, 2014, 11:24:14 am
Pat Dooley @pat_dooley  ·  6 minutes ago

Muschamp goes a year with one arrest for possession. Now Treon Harris goes from feel good stry to suspended

Pat Dooley @pat_dooley  ·  26 minutes ago

Sorry, Harris is accused of sexual assault

NoNC4Tubs

Dameyune Craig has already been in contact with him........ 8)

jbcarol

Pat Dooley @pat_dooley  ·  50 minutes ago

Know nobody cares but Missouri game will be at 7.

superior_wang

im sure he will get the "Famous Jameis Winston" treatment, maybe be held out a half against some directional school....if they like him, and he   could be kicked off the team  if they dont. Its simple as that. Or they can take the Urban Meyer method " he's  made a mistake and here at Florida we are here to mold young men into men  of charcter"  BS... again, if hes that good.

jbcarol

Clay Travis @ClayTravisBGID  ·  57 minutes ago

So for all those FSU fans who said, you think anyone is getting suspended for a sexual assault investigation? There you go.

superior_wang

anyone wanna bet that Treon doesn't  even know what Freon is?  ha!

jbcarol

superior_wang

HogScoutMaster

"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: jbcarol on October 06, 2014, 12:24:03 pm
The reporter deleted the above tweet (I believe due to the inclusion of "battery" and followed up with this:

Edgar Thompson @osgators  ·  15m

Gators quarterback Treon Harris suspended, under investigation for sexual assault: http://bit.ly/1vHJmD6

Their next QB on the depth chart, Will Grier, has back spasms per the report and was expected to be unavailable for LSU.

Dang. They may need to go find a QB off the intramural fields..................................It's been known to happen!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

jbcarol

Richard Johnson @RagjUF  ·  1h 1 hour ago

RT @jczupryn: GPD forensic crime unit outside Springs dorm #Gators #TreonHarris

jbcarol

Richard Johnson @RagjUF  ·  2 minutes ago

UPDATED STORY on Harris situation with what source told me happened b/t Harris and female victim: http://www.alligator.org/sports/football/article_1ba13f26-4d78-11e4-90aa-279b112ccfab.html ...

QuoteUPDATE: A source says Harris forced a female victim into her residence hall at the Springs Residential Complex then allegedly sexually assaulted her in the room in the early hours of Sunday Oct. 5.

Source also said although the victim has a roommate but a bathroom separates rooms in suites in the complex, and it's not uncommon to be unable hear what is going on in the other room. It is unknown whether the roommate was in the residence hall at the time of the incident.

jbcarol

Richard Johnson @RagjUF  ·  2 hours ago

IMPORTANT RE @GainesvillePD involvement in this thing. Statement from @GPDBenTobias:

Richard Johnson @RagjUF  ·  2 hours ago

Source inside springs residence hall says their floor is full of police questioning everyone that lives in there.

ricepig

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: ricepig on October 06, 2014, 03:11:40 pm
Yeah, it's in the SEC Forum.

Just delete then. I seldom visit anything but MMQB and Recruiting so I keep forgetting there is an SEC forum.

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Doug on October 06, 2014, 10:48:59 am
After Muschamp's unprofessional comments to Vol fans, and his piss poor track record the past few seasons, wouldn't surprise me if he was suspended. Doesn't matter that he won this past Saturday (a one point win did not help things, either)

Unprofessional ? It was in response to Vol fans doing this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DdMKSxgChM

jbcarol

David Jones @DaveJonesUFbeat  ·  4 minutes ago
The #Gators swift action suspending Treon Harris, regardless of outcome, commendable. Other schools - and athletes - should take notice.

jbcarol

Gatorsports.com @Gator_sports  ·  53 minutes ago
Dooley: UF's unlikely hero now known for very wrong reason http://bit.ly/1EmbZfr

QuoteDuring the third quarter of the Florida-Tennessee game, there were a lot of us wondering when the news conference would be this week concerning Will Muschamp's future. Instead, Treon Harris helped the Gators pull out an improbable win.

Within hours, the true freshman went from the feel-good story of this season to the feel-bad story of the season.

On Saturday, his name was trending No. 2 on Twitter for the right reasons. On Monday, it was trending No. 2 for a very wrong one.

This is not to indict or to presume guilt. Only two people know what happened early Sunday morning. And I'm not going to take the easy shots at Florida State except to say Florida is showing you how to properly handle a case like this...

superior_wang

Quote from: jbcarol on October 06, 2014, 06:18:59 pm
David Jones @DaveJonesUFbeat  ·  4 minutes ago
The #Gators swift action suspending Treon Harris, regardless of outcome, commendable. Other schools - and athletes - should take notice.

But you gotta wonder what Florida would have done IF they were nationally relevant this year.

Doug

Quote from: ImHogginItUnprofessional ? It was in response to Vol fans doing this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DdMKSxgChM
I'm not excusing the fans, but then again, they're not paid to be a public face nor to represent a university. Muschamp is. There needs to be a modicum of professionalism exhibited by ALL paid faces of any university.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)