Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The SEC West

Started by NaturalStateReb, September 14, 2014, 09:13:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwight_K_Shrute

Don't be so quick to ship Dan Mullen to Gainesville.  He actually likes it in Starkville.  Both of his children were born there.  He works for one of the best and most supportive AD's in the country.  Since Spurrier left UF they have had a tendency to burn through coaches.  Meyer lasted all of 6 years there and by the end of his tenure was laying on the floor with chest pains.  Zook was at Florida 3 years and Muschamp is in his 4th year.

It used to be you had to move up to a Florida to get the big payday, not any more.  Because of the SEC Network/TV deals MSU can basically match whatever Florida overs if they want to.

MSU has show loyalty toward coaches even with a modicum of success. Jackie Sherrill lasted 13 years there even though his conf record was 43-59, and had winning seasons only 7 times out of those 13 years.  Hell they didn't even fire him til his 3rd consecutive losing season. 

I think Mullen is poised for more long term success at MSU than Freeze at Ole Miss.  Ole Miss actually turns on their coaches pretty quick, firing Cutcliffe after one losing season. In fact in the time that MSU has had 3 HC's Ole Miss has had 7. 

Dan Mullen isn't going to leave Mississippi State because it's MSU.  It's not the same MSU that it was 15 years ago or even 5.  Mullen would be constantly compared to Spurrier or Meyer at UF, at MSU he is the man.  Why put up with the ahole fans unrealistic expectations and pressure that comes with that job for the same money he could make at State?  Dan Mullen is smarter than that.  Too bad some of you aren't even smart enough to spell his name correctly. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Smokehouse

Quote from: ErieHog on October 05, 2014, 03:56:46 pm
Skip Holtz.  If only to see mass suicides among the Gamecock faithful.

I kid.

I figure they reach for a good coach at a smaller program.  Maybe Red Ruffin from ECU?

Wasn't Steve Spurrier Jr. (Young Ball Coach?) being groomed by daddy to step in one day?
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

hawgbawb

I can't imagine why anyone would want to live in small town Mississippi, but whichever one of those coaches sticks it out is likely going to build a juggernaut with all that D1 talent.
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

Augustus

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on October 05, 2014, 04:11:53 pm
Don't be so quick to ship Dan Mullen to Gainesville.  He actually likes it in Starkville.  Both of his children were born there.  He works for one of the best and most supportive AD's in the country.  Since Spurrier left UF they have had a tendency to burn through coaches.  Meyer lasted all of 6 years there and by the end of his tenure was laying on the floor with chest pains.  Zook was at Florida 3 years and Muschamp is in his 4th year.

It used to be you had to move up to a Florida to get the big payday, not any more.  Because of the SEC Network/TV deals MSU can basically match whatever Florida overs if they want to.

MSU has show loyalty toward coaches even with a modicum of success. Jackie Sherrill lasted 13 years there even though his conf record was 43-59, and had winning seasons only 7 times out of those 13 years.  Hell they didn't even fire him til his 3rd consecutive losing season. 

I think Mullen is poised for more long term success at MSU than Freeze at Ole Miss.  Ole Miss actually turns on their coaches pretty quick, firing Cutcliffe after one losing season. In fact in the time that MSU has had 3 HC's Ole Miss has had 7. 

Dan Mullen isn't going to leave Mississippi State because it's MSU.  It's not the same MSU that it was 15 years ago or even 5.  Mullen would be constantly compared to Spurrier or Meyer at UF, at MSU he is the man.  Why put up with the ahole fans unrealistic expectations and pressure that comes with that job for the same money he could make at State?  Dan Mullen is smarter than that.  Too bad some of you aren't even smart enough to spell his name correctly.

All very good points. But, like you said... this isn't the MSU of 15 or even 5 years ago. But this also isn't the SEC of 15 or even 5 years ago.

With the new Network? All bets are off. This is an even bigger business, now.

Spurrier, Mullen, Freeze... that "loyalty" and "rah rah" crap only goes so far. Not only from the Coach's side, but also the fanbase.

Spurrier is the best Coach SC ever landed (IMO). But if he doesn't start winning this year or the next? He's gone.  SC fans are already calling for the Coordinator's job.

If Mullen or Freeze give their fanbase a taste of one or two 10 win seasons, then fall back to 7,8 win seasons? they're gone.

Because, now... on a specific nationally televised network... if a Coach can't win, regardless of whether the Coach is: from that area, it's his dream job, is a great rah-rah coach, whatever... He's gone.

Now, eventually, if an SEC coach can't get them to Atlanta and/or the Playoffs after year 4,5 or maybe 6? They're gone.

If Miss State gets 11 wins this year, you think their fanbase will be content falling back to regular 8,9 win seasons? And Chick-Fil-A bowls?

No Coach is safe.  The SEC Network, as much exposure (and convenience) as it's creating, will further prove that... over time.

That's what money and media does to sports.  We saw it happen with the NFL, and it's happening before our eyes with College Football.

My prediction is: Nick Saban will be the last Coach to keep a CFB Coaching job at any school longer than 10 years.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on October 05, 2014, 04:11:53 pm

It has been posted over on a SEC Message Board that there is some supposed "bad blood" between Florida and Mullen.  It has also been posted that Mullen's Wife doesn't like Gainesville.

I don't know if both of those aspects are indeed true, but I wouldn't be surprised if Mullen stays at MSU. 

HF#1

Mullen and Freese aren't going anywhere.  Not sure Miles will go anywhere either. 

Michigan will never be successful again if they are more worried about getting "Michigan Men" rather than a solid football coach.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

DeltaBoy

The only way I see any of this happening is for Mullins to win the SEC title and make the playoff. Then the Gators will pull out all the stops to bring him home. 
Les is going nowhere but to the SEC NETWORK booth in the next 3-5 years.
As stated Hugh Frezze has his dream job and if he can keep out of recruiting trouble he will not leave until he retires.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

aar0n

My first thought for the last few years when speculating about Les jumping ship to Michigan has been "if it does somehow happen, we BETTER be the first ones knocking on Chavis' door as soon as it's announced!!"  While he is more proven undoubtedly, I am actually satisfied with our defensive coaches for the time being.  Now my thoughts are "we BETTER be the first ones knocking on those recruit's doors!!"

ldfergu

Ummm Hugh Freeze coaches in his home state and just beat Alabama.  He aint goin anywhere

ldfergu

I do wish Arkansas could finally benefit from some coaching changes around the SEC.  Pick up a top flight recruiting class and a couple teams go through some down years and we could have a shot at the SEC.  The conference and western division are just too damn tough right now

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: scruf on October 05, 2014, 09:59:20 am
This season's coaching carousel should level things back out, especially where the Mississippi schools are concerned. Here's what I could see happening:

1) Les Miles takes the Michigan job after Hoke is fired. Yes, I'm aware that Michigan has said he's their guy but they are going to can him.
2) Hugh Freeze takes the LSU job and OM gets another spread offense up-and-comer.
3) Will Muschamp gets the boot at Florida and MSU's Mullen takes the job. MSU hires another spread offense up-and-comer (of a lesser quality than OM).

Lester aint going to Michigan.

First and foremost, Hoke isn't the only one getting canned. Dave Brandon will be out of a job also. So then they need to hire an AD....who do you think their first choice would be as AD?

It will be one Jeff Long.

As far as a coach....their first target will be Jim Harbaugh...I believe he will take the job. And we better hope so because the second target will be Bret Bielema...As a matter of fact, Dave Brandon, who thankfully wont hire the next coach, has said in certain circles, that Bret Bielema would be his first primary target if he had to fire Hoke.

PRJ

aar0n

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on October 05, 2014, 05:26:04 pm
I do wish Arkansas could finally benefit from some coaching changes around the SEC.  Pick up a top flight recruiting class and a couple teams go through some down years and we could have a shot at the SEC.  The conference and western division are just too damn tough right now

This is exactly what the Mississippi schools are benefiting from currently, although it's attributed to player turnover instead of coaching changes (although Lane Kiffin at Bama is helping EVERYBODY).  It's a shame the cycle didn't come to this point next year or the year after, when WE could be the major benefactors.  That being said, LSU and Bama's quarterbacks aren't looking anything like what they've had in the past, and the Mississippi schools and Auburn are replacing theirs next year as well.  We will have the most experience at that position next year, so it may be our chance to have the cycle favor us for once.  You just never know what'll happen in the SEC.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Augustus on October 05, 2014, 04:43:58 pm
All very good points. But, like you said... this isn't the MSU of 15 or even 5 years ago. But this also isn't the SEC of 15 or even 5 years ago.

With the new Network? All bets are off. This is an even bigger business, now.

Spurrier, Mullen, Freeze... that "loyalty" and "rah rah" crap only goes so far. Not only from the Coach's side, but also the fanbase.

Spurrier is the best Coach SC ever landed (IMO). But if he doesn't start winning this year or the next? He's gone.  SC fans are already calling for the Coordinator's job.

If Mullen or Freeze give their fanbase a taste of one or two 10 win seasons, then fall back to 7,8 win seasons? they're gone.

Because, now... on a specific nationally televised network... if a Coach can't win, regardless of whether the Coach is: from that area, it's his dream job, is a great rah-rah coach, whatever... He's gone.

Now, eventually, if an SEC coach can't get them to Atlanta and/or the Playoffs after year 4,5 or maybe 6? They're gone.

If Miss State gets 11 wins this year, you think their fanbase will be content falling back to regular 8,9 win seasons? And Chick-Fil-A bowls?

No Coach is safe.  The SEC Network, as much exposure (and convenience) as it's creating, will further prove that... over time.

That's what money and media does to sports.  We saw it happen with the NFL, and it's happening before our eyes with College Football.

My prediction is: Nick Saban will be the last Coach to keep a CFB Coaching job at any school longer than 10 years.

If Freeze averages 8 wins a season, they'll build him a statue down there. Freeze's mom and dad live within 30 minutes of campus, and he grew up in nearby Independence. Unless he flames out epically, he's around to stay.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Dark Helmet Hog

Could actually be a very stable off season for the SEC. If Muschamp salvages a decent season at Florida and Spurrier doesn't retire, I can see a real possibility of no head coach changes in the SEC this year. When's the last time that happened?

Augustus

Quote from: Porkrind Jimmy on October 05, 2014, 05:27:40 pm

First and foremost, Hoke isn't the only one getting canned. Dave Brandon will be out of a job also. So then they need to hire an AD....who do you think their first choice would be as AD?

As far as a coach....their first target will be Jim Harbaugh...I believe he will take the job. And we better hope so because the second target will be Bret Bielema...As a matter of fact, Dave Brandon, who thankfully wont hire the next coach, has said in certain circles, that Bret Bielema would be his first primary target if he had to fire Hoke.

PRJ

I'm not sure Jeff Long OR Bret Bielema would leave Arkansas to go to Michigan? Or, any school for that matter?

A) They're just now seeing the positive effect of what they've been installing at Arkansas. Why leave that, to go to Michigan (or any other CFB program in trouble) and have to start the entire process all over again?

B) Would Bret really leave an SEC school to go back to B1G?  Arguably the weakest of the 5 conferences? Especially when he's on the cusp of being successful in what is still regarded as the toughest conference in CFB.

C) The SEC Network. The network that provides every SEC school with more revenue as a member, than the Longhorn Network does Texas individually. And, we're only in year 1.  This is big business now, and it will only grow bigger.

D) As far as Jeff Long, I'm not afraid of losing him to become an AD at another School. He's positioned himself well, and Administrated well (whether or not we agree as fanbase on the Petrino firing, the rest of the world does he did the logical thing).

He was appointed the Playoff Committee Chairman in it's 1st year. If the 1st year Playoffs go well, and Bielema turns our Football Program around (which I think he will)...

I fear we lose Jeff Long to becoming Commissioner of the SEC, or another 5 Conference. Or some Executive position within the NCAA?

E) Regarding Michigan, specifically... Colin Cowherd (I know, I know) makes some great points about Michigan:  "Tradition" doesn't mean as much - to players - nowadays as it did. This isn't the Michigan of 2 or 3 decades ago. Also, there has been a population migration from North/Northeast to South/Southwest. Michigan and Ohio aren't producing the level of High School talent they once were? Michigan politically, as a State, is in disarray.

There are several Macro-level factors that are being noted, that just don't make the Michigan job the "dream job" it once was?

Just my humble opinion.

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: Porkrind Jimmy on October 05, 2014, 05:27:40 pm

PRJ

You are correct sir. And even though I am not as high on Bret at AR as most on here are, if/when he leaves Armageddon will set in for the football program.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

Augustus

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on October 05, 2014, 05:50:27 pm
If Freeze averages 8 wins a season, they'll build him a statue down there. Freeze's mom and dad live within 30 minutes of campus, and he grew up in nearby Independence. Unless he flames out epically, he's around to stay.

So, if Ole Miss fans get a 11 (or greater) win season this year... and after Wallace leaves they go back to winning 7,8 wins per year... how long do you think they'll be ok with that?

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: Augustus on October 05, 2014, 06:12:18 pm
So, if Ole Miss fans get a 11 (or greater) win season this year... and after Wallace leaves they go back to winning 7,8 wins per year... how long do you think they'll be ok with that?

Ole Miss is winning in spite of Bo Wallace. They can only improve at the QB position but that is another conversation for another day...

PRJ

HSVhogfan2

I have several close friends who are Ole Miss fans and they are the least dillusional fan base in the country IMO. They understand their place in the pecking order of the SEC and truly enjoy their good seasons. If you can avearge 8 wins a year and not embarrass the program or University publicly, they are good.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

JayBell

Here is what is most telling, IMO, about the new rankings.  Three years ago, Alabama, LSU and Arkansas were 1, 2, 3 in the polls.  Now, the SEC (West) has three more teams in the top 4 and it is a completely different set of teams.

The highest ranked teams from each conference at the same time in 2011 and now:
ACC: 2011 - Virginia Tech, Clemson, Georgia Tech; 2014 - Florida State, Georgia Tech, Clemson.
B1G: 2011 - Michigan State, Michigan, Penn State (that was Ohio State's horrible down year); 2014 - Michigan State, Ohio State, Nebraska.
Big XII: 2011 - Oklahoma State, Oklahoma, Kansas State, Baylor, TCU; 2014 - Baylor, TCU, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Kansas State. (damn, same five teams)
Pac-12: 2011 - Stanford, Oregon, USC; 2014 - Arizona, Oregon, UCLA, Arizona State, Utah, Stanford.

And those are the ranked teams.  It's not like they're 1, 2, 3 or top 4 in the polls.  You could go a lot deeper if you did the same for the SEC.

JayBell

There is such a rigid power structure in every other conference.  It takes a monumental collapse for a program like USC, Ohio State or Texas to tumble, and it hardly ever lasts very long.  Then you look at how deep the SEC West goes, alone, and how the division hierarchy has flipped in such a short period of time.

I have no comprehension of how the rest of the country can see these kinds of numbers over and over and over and over again, then still cry, "Overrated."

NaturalStateReb

Forever if they get an 11 win season every 3 or 4 seasons and we don't miss bowl games.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: scruf on October 05, 2014, 09:59:20 am
This season's coaching carousel should level things back out, especially where the Mississippi schools are concerned. Here's what I could see happening:

1) Les Miles takes the Michigan job after Hoke is fired. Yes, I'm aware that Michigan has said he's their guy but they are going to can him.
2) Hugh Freeze takes the LSU job and OM gets another spread offense up-and-comer.
3) Will Muschamp gets the boot at Florida and MSU's Mullen takes the job. MSU hires another spread offense up-and-comer (of a lesser quality than OM).

Actually, that is very plausible...... 8)

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: hoss cartrack on October 05, 2014, 10:32:32 am
i personally think mullens would like to stay at state and see how far he can take them.  however, i think he also knows it will be hard to sustain this....hard to get the best players to go to starkville.  jackie sherrill had some success...for a couple years....sly croom had some success for a couple years.  he may realize this and bolt.

who knows?   no one.

The Florida job is WAY better than the MSU job. Mullen knows that better than anybody....... 8)

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: bigred223 on October 04, 2014, 06:14:55 pm
Any team in our division can beat any team in our division on any given Saturday.

This........(except LSU) 8)

jbcarol

Gus Malzahn begins College Football Playoff stumping for SEC West (sic)

College Football Playoff selection committee is tasked with placing the top four teams in the country in a mini-four-team playoff to play for the College Football Playoff national championship. While nobody knows just how the selection committee will operate and determine which four teams are worthy of playing for suck a prize, Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn is already issuing a sort of challenge to the committee not to take two teams from the SEC. More specifically, Malzahn is suggesting there is a good chance two schools from the SEC West will be in the playoff.

Quote"I think there's going to be good chance there will be two teams from the West, or at least two teams from the SEC, to make the Final Four," Malzahn said in a radio interview Thursday morning...

The selection committee may be embarking on a new way of doing things, but certain tendencies will be impossible to completely overcome. If the SEC is to have two teams in the playoff, the most likely scenario may come with a pair of one-loss teams in the SEC West.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

The SEC West remains undefeated against all else.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Hogwild

Hogfaniam

"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

wholehog92

Quote from: wholehog92 on September 22, 2014, 12:29:55 pm
This division is ridiculous right now.

We have Georgia and Mizzy.
AU has USCe and Georgia.
LSU has FL.
A&M has Mizzy. 

Those are the only competitive games outside the division remaining.  I think the west team will be favored in all of those except the GA game vs us.  It would be historical if the division remained undefeated all year vs outside competition.

Essentially 5 out of division games left for the west.  It's looking like us vs GA is the only one the west team wont be the favorite.  Has anything like that happened before?
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

DeltaBoy

It going to be a great rest of the season in the SEC.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Auburn

Arkansas is going to continue that next week by beating UGA.  WPS.

revolution

Quote from: Auburn on October 13, 2014, 09:59:37 am
Arkansas is going to continue that next week by beating UGA.  WPS.
I gotta be honest in that I doubt we will win, but I hope you are right!  I do think posters may be right who say that once we win one SEC game, this team will go on a tear.  I hope this will be the week!

code red

Defense and special teams need to score a TD a piece esp if gurly plays.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

This computer sampling has Miss ST, Miss, Aub as first 3 in their poll.  Ala is 6th, GA is 10th,and A&M and LSU are in the top 14.  Arkansas is number 41.  This poll is still forced by humans and is subject to human mistakes, but that should assist in telling you why we may play well but just aren't quite good enough to win some SEC West games.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: 12247 on October 14, 2014, 06:17:24 am
This computer sampling has Miss ST, Miss, Aub as first 3 in their poll.  Ala is 6th, GA is 10th,and A&M and LSU are in the top 14.  Arkansas is number 41.  This poll is still forced by humans and is subject to human mistakes, but that should assist in telling you why we may play well but just aren't quite good enough to win some SEC West games.

Got a link?
Go Hogs Go!

Mike Irwin

It tells me that poll is stupid. Arkansas is not the 41st team in the country. The Hogs are way better than that. I never read USA Today.

SouthSide Johnny

Some Say it's Raining Elephants but They Go Outside Anyway..

jgphillips3

We are a top 25 caliber team.  Unfortunately, 5 of our SEC West brethren are or have been top ten caliber, top 15 at worst.  Our record won't show it, but how many coaches out there do you think would relish the opportunity to play us right now after we just punched A&M and Bama in the face for 3.5 quarters?

Redhogs

A&M is not a top 25 team...jury is still out on LSU. Mike's right...stupid poll.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Inhogswetrust

There is one truth when dealing with computer generated data..............."garbage in, garbage out".
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

hogcard1964

How is LSU ranked ahead of us?

ShadowTheHedgehog

I am still waiting to see where Mississippi-State is at when they play us, the past few years they have started great and got all hyped up just to dissolve into mediocrity in the second half of the season.

WizardofhOgZ

TxArky

According to Sagarin's computer rankings, Arkansas is #25.  I find it interesting that USA Today isn't using that, since Jeff is their guy.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/

Muskogee, Sorry, been away from Hogville all day.  Out of town on business and picked up todays USA Today, sports, page 5.  This is a composite of the ex-BCS computers, ratings.

I don't have a clue how to link you to this.  My computer knowledge is actually worse than my football knowledge.

I would agree that there isn't 40 other football schools that would beat us.  But I would also acknowledge that we are likely the lowest ranked of the 7 SEC West schools.  Unless LSU improves a great deal by the time we play them, I think that's a win for us.

SouthSide Johnny

Quote from: 12247 on October 14, 2014, 06:22:16 pm
Muskogee, Sorry, been away from Hogville all day.  Out of town on business and picked up todays USA Today, sports, page 5.  This is a composite of the ex-BCS computers, ratings.

I don't have a clue how to link you to this.  My computer knowledge is actually worse than my football knowledge.

I would agree that there isn't 40 other football schools that would beat us.  But I would also acknowledge that we are likely the lowest ranked of the 7 SEC West schools.  Unless LSU improves a great deal by the time we play them, I think that's a win for us.

Already been linked LOOK above^^^^
Some Say it's Raining Elephants but They Go Outside Anyway..

rljjr

Any poll that has Mizzou at 25 is flawed.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on October 14, 2014, 09:09:32 am
I am still waiting to see where Mississippi-State is at when they play us, the past few years they have started great and got all hyped up just to dissolve into mediocrity in the second half of the season.

Yeah that was when they faced lesser opponents(2012) 2013 they were 3-3 after 6 games.  They have destroyed sec teams this year.  LSU in their home they destroyed them and then let them come back to make it look closer than it was.  Texas A&M was over after the first half and auburn was also over with after the first quarter.   
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

MountieDawg

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 14, 2014, 09:03:53 am
How is LSU ranked ahead of us?

They have won in the SEC...  So if this poll had Arkansas 10th would you say it is stupid???
SEC!