Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014-15 SEC Basketball Projections

Started by MikePiazza, March 24, 2014, 10:40:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Matthew Harris ‏@MHarrisAdvocate ·10 hrs
#LSU Hoops | Is JOBIII's departure the first shakeup this offseason for the Tigers? We have snippets on the blog: http://bit.ly/OcOyim 

Good summary of LSU's status with O'Bryant's departure and still one over scholarship at the moment.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Glenn Guilbeau ‏@LSUBeatTweet ·23h
Fr. Jordan Mickey still considering leaving LSU, but still up in the air.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Matthew Harris ‏@MHarrisAdvocate ·1 min
SEC loses another top player. RT @MizzouHoops: #Mizzou's @Bari_BrownIDF announced that he will enter the NBA Draft. http://www.mutigers.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/040214aaa.html ...

Jabari Brown

jbcarol

AL.com sports ‏@aldotcomSports  2h
Video, photos - Watch Anthony Grant wrap up disappointing 2013-2014 season, look forward to 2015 | http://ow.ly/vmop2

jbcarol

Dave Matter ‏@Dave_Matter  3h
Frank Haith on Jabari Brown: He will do his due diligence in this process and then make the decision best for him and his family.

If Brown returns to Mizzou ... if Jakeenan Gant adds some frontcourt scoring ... if other bigs develop ... if Clark can run the point ...  Mizzou will have the pieces to turn things around next year, if Brown comes back. Throw in the transfer trio, plus frosh guard Namon Wright

But it's obviously a much tougher rebuilding job without Brown as that vital 20-ppg scorer.  Rebuilding not even the best word

Lots of 'ifs' in those last few tweets. That's the point. A whole lot hinges on Brown's feedback & decision

Dave Matter ‏@Dave_Matter  1m
Four future SEC players in tonight's McDonald's All-American game on ESPN. And by future SEC players I mean future Kentucky players.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: jbcarol on April 02, 2014, 07:39:01 pm
Dave Matter ‏@Dave_Matter  3h
Frank Haith on Jabari Brown: He will do his due diligence in this process and then make the decision best for him and his family.

If Brown returns to Mizzou ... if Jakeenan Gant adds some frontcourt scoring ... if other bigs develop ... if Clark can run the point ...  Mizzou will have the pieces to turn things around next year, if Brown comes back. Throw in the transfer trio, plus frosh guard Namon Wright

But it's obviously a much tougher rebuilding job without Brown as that vital 20-ppg scorer.  Rebuilding not even the best word

Lots of 'ifs' in those last few tweets. That's the point. A whole lot hinges on Brown's feedback & decision

Dave Matter ‏@Dave_Matter  1m
Four future SEC players in tonight's McDonald's All-American game on ESPN. And by future SEC players I mean future Kentucky players.
Thanks JB, keep em coming.

jbcarol

AL.com sports ‏@aldotcomSports ·14 hrs
Alabama's 2014-15 non-conference schedule not complete, but it will once again feature some heavyweights http://ow.ly/vmBAQ

A few gaps remain, but Alabama's 2014-15 non-conference schedule already looks a lot like the one that left the Crimson Tide below .500 before the start of SEC play this past season.

There's a connection, of course, as Alabama will square off against a number of the same opponents in accordance with the respective home-and-home agreements it signed. That means the Crimson Tide will be road-tripping to Wichita State and Xavier and hosting UCLA and South Florida.

All four teams beat Alabama this past season...

Matthew Harris ‏@MHarrisAdvocate ·19 hrs
Looking at what Bama lined up for its noncon docket, Anthony Grant isn't scheduling his way off the hot seat.

jbcarol

FWIW:

Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria ·14h
Mizzou's Jabari Brown, who announced today for the NBA Draft, projected at No. 43 by @DraftExpress

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: jbcarol on April 03, 2014, 09:39:37 am
FWIW:

Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria ·14h
Mizzou's Jabari Brown, who announced today for the NBA Draft, projected at No. 43 by @DraftExpress
It'll be interesting if mid 2nd round is enough to get him to stay in the draft.

jbcarol

It has been reported that Jabari Brown's father has been diagnosed with Stage IV cancer fairly recently.

http://www.kansascity.com/2014/03/11/4882701/jabari-brown-has-found-a-home.html

jbcarol

Steve Walentik ‏@Steve_Walentik ·18h
It would be almost unprecedented for #Mizzou to have so few proven scorers entering a season as it could next season w/o Brown.

Steve Walentik ‏@Steve_Walentik ·18 hrs
Johnathan Williams III is in line to be #Mizzou's leading returning scorer after averaging 5.8 points as a freshman.

jbcarol

Hugh Kellenberger ‏@HKellenbergerCL ·19 hrs
Jarvis Summers (17.3 points per game) is the second-leading returning scorer in the SEC for next season. Auburn's KT Harrell (18.3) is No. 1

Assumes Jabari Brown stays in the NBA draft

jbcarol

Mizzou Basketball ‏@MizzouHoops ·20 hrs
As it stands, Mizzou will have 7 frosh & sophs on scholarship next year, the most since '09-10. That group went 30-5 2 years later. #Build

Mizzou Basketball ‏@MizzouHoops ·20 hrs
In addition to its productive 2013-14 freshmen class Mizzou has added Top 100 recruits @CamBiedscheid @kharyw & @JakeenanG23 all since Nov.

Mizzou Basketball SID

jbcarol

Dave Matter ‏@Dave_Matter ·4 hrs
Haith meeting with media. On Price: "I can tell you we're not really happy. ... It's not the Mizzou way."

Haith says it's his hope that all players will be back, other than the two NBA early entries.

Haith says he wants to build more of an identity with this team, more of "a Midwestern, hard-nosed" feel.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: jbcarol on April 03, 2014, 05:10:38 pm
Dave Matter ‏@Dave_Matter ·4 hrs
Haith meeting with media. On Price: "I can tell you we're not really happy. ... It's not the Mizzou way."

Haith says it's his hope that all players will be back, other than the two NBA early entries.

Haith says he wants to build more of an identity with this team, more of "a Midwestern, hard-nosed" feel.
Who is Price?

jbcarol

Quote from: BBsTheMan on April 03, 2014, 06:07:30 pm
Who is Price?

Gabe DeArmond ‏@GabeDeArmond ·11 mins
#Mizzou forward Zach Price was arrested early this AM for 3rd degree domestic assault. Posted bond and was released, no more details yet.

According to records online, the arrest occurred around 3:19 a.m. Price sat out this season as a transfer from Louisville.

And just to cover legal bases, tweet should say Price arrested on charges/suspicion of 3rd degree domestic assault, not guilty at this point

jbcarol

Kevin Brockway ‏@gatorhoops ·15 hrs
Florida non-conf sked next year will include UConn, Wake Forest, possibly North Carolina or VCU in Bahamas tournament.

Daniel Decker ‏@Daniel_T_Decker ·15h
@gatorhoops How good do you think the team will be next year? Young guys have to step up, but minus growing pains, should be solid imo.

Kevin Brockway ‏@gatorhoops ·15h
@Daniel_T_Decker won't be as good defensively but chance to be a more explosive offensive team.

jbcarol

AL.com sports ‏@aldotcomSports ·15 hrs
Anthony Grant discusses Bill Battle's vote of support, Alabama basketball expectations for next year http://ow.ly/vppQd

The fallout from Alabama's 13-19 basketball season came with negative chatter.

Athletics director Bill Battle gave his vote of confidence a day after the season ended in a SEC tournament loss to LSU. Battle cited Grant's character, philosophy and approach to the game when announcing there would be no change in the leadership.

Grant hadn't spoken publicly since leaving the Georgia Dome on March 13 until Wednesday. He was asked about Battle's statement of support.

"I think anybody that's been around coach Battle knows that he's a very, very genuine person, competent in terms of his understanding of what it takes to build a program," Grant said. "So, certainly, for myself and my family we're appreciative of the support. But like we've always talked about, for me it's about trying to get this program where it needs to be and put ourselves in position where we compete for championships.

"I think that's what coach Battle expects, that's what I expect, that's what our fans who support us expect — as they should. I'm certainly appreciative of his confidence and support. I understand what we've got to be able to do."

Did Battle set a bar to meet for next year?

"Like I said before, for me, it's about we have high expectations for our program every year, no matter what the situation is," Grant said. "So I don't think there's anything that changes there."

The schedule won't get any easier with most of the top non-conference opponents returning to the list for 2014-15.

There will be five newcomers in the mix with a few more possible after the departures of Carl Engstrom and Algie Key. Grant said they've been "actively recruiting" in the weeks since the season ended.

Fixing the mindset is another task at hand.

"We have to be consistent in our approach and the way we're doing it, not worry about the distractions or the sideshow that goes along with being where we are," Grant said...

jbcarol

Austin Kim ‏@AustinKKim ·2 hrs
VIDEO: Frank Haith wraps up the '13-'14 season and breaks down next year's potential roster http://www.abc17news.com/sports/frank-haith-host-postseason-meeting/25309220 ...

jbcarol

Henry Shortess ‏@H_short11  Apr 1
After hearing all the chants of "one more year" and talking with my family, I would like to announce that I will be returning next season

LSU reserve guard, three-point shooter, having fun with the drama

Josh Breazeale ‏@BeBreazy  Apr 1
@H_short11 raining 3's next year #lobcity

Alex Liggett ‏@AlexDLegit  Apr 1
@H_short11 kudos for passing up huge euro league money to stay

Bryan Denison ‏@bryan_denison  Apr 3
@H_short11 @_HumbleHooper stupid. Big mistake. You could have made hundreds. Well definitely more than one hundred.

jbcarol

Ben Frederickson ‏@Ben_Fred  Apr 2
.@DraftExpress projects Jarnell Stokes as the 21st pick in the NBA Draft's 2nd round. Jordan McRae tabbed as 30th.http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2014 ...

jbcarol

Kevin Brockway ‏@gatorhoops  3h
If Eli Carter recovers, Gators could go w/3-guard starting lineup -- G Frazier, G Hill, G Carter, F DFS, C Harris, C Walker.

jbcarol

JULIUS RANDLE (Good as gone)
On whether there's any chance he's back in a UK uniform next year: "I don't know. I can't even answer that."

On how and when he'll decide: "I have no clue. I'm sure Coach will talk to everybody, but I have no clue. It's hard to think about that right now."

On how he'd like to be remembered if this was his last UK game: "Just as somebody who played hard, gave their all, somebody who was a winner. It's tough to say that right now, but I did try."

QuoteAARON HARRISON
On when and how he'll make his NBA decision: "Just talk to my family. I really don't know yet. I haven't been thinking about it. I can't – I don't know."

WILLIE CAULEY-STEIN
On whether he's leaving: "I have no idea. I haven't thought about it. I really haven't thought about it like that. I'm just trying to relish the moment with my brothers and see what some of them are doing. That was kind of how I based my decision last year."

On if he can imagine a situation in which he'd stay: "Definitely. To me, there's still emptiness to feel. You know what I'm saying? I haven't played the last, most important games to me. So I feel this emptiness in me like I still got something to prove and I still got so much stuff to work on in my game. You know, I went up from last year and now I want to take another step. I want to make another jump in my game. The way I feel is like: Could I come back to school and make that step and be kind of safe? Or make the jump to the league and mess everything up? That kind of weighs in your thing. Like, 'What if I go there and I don't do what I thought I was going to be able to do?' And you kind of get stuck and you can't come back to school. So it's like, might as well, you got a chance to ride it out.

"And I love school. I love being at Kentucky. I love the fan base. I love the community. I love the people there. So it's like, why not stay until they make you leave?It just gets better as you get older. So there's just so many different things that go through my head about it. But then there's that other thing: millions of dollars, able to work on your game – only on your game, and really develop who you are without trying to balance out school, because that's a full-time job, too. It's tough to play here at Kentucky and balance out your school work. So that kind of weighs in on everything. And then your family also weighs in on stuff. So I really don't know and I gotta talk to my family and the coaches and really try to decide what's best for my future and best for my game and if I'm going to be happy either way."

jbcarol

Jeff Goodman        ✔ @GoodmanESPN
Follow Calipari can afford to lose Randle and Cauley-Stein, but he needs to keep a guard. Otherwise, would only have Ulis, Booker, Hawkins.
2:34 PM - 8 Apr 2014

jbcarol

Kevin Brockway ‏@gatorhoops ·Apr 7
Looking ahead @JasonKingBR ranks Florida No. 7 in early top 25 (provided Chris Walker returns): http://tinyurl.com/pp5dyym

Honorable Mentions in no particular order include: Arkansas, LSU, Tenneessee

6. Kentucky

1. Wisconsin

jbcarol

Joe Lunardi ‏@ESPNLunardi ·10h
Not in year one. "@gray_robertson: Does Bruce Pearl sneak Auburn in? @ESPNLunardi"

jbcarol

Gary Parrish ‏@GaryParrishCBS ·22 hrs
Duke, Arizona, Wisconsin, Kansas and Florida are the top five of the Ridiculously Early Preseason Top 25 (and one): http://cbsprt.co/PIQ4du

5. FLORIDA
•Notable players definitely gone: Scottie Wilbekin, Patric Young, Will Yeguette, Casey Prather
•Others expected to leave: None
•Notable players expected to return: Michael Frazier, Dorian Finney-Smith, Kasey Hill, Devon Walker, Chris Walker, Eli Carter
•Notable newcomers: Chris Chiozza, Brandone Francis, Devin Robinson, Alex Murphy

[Florida beat writer Kevin Brockway has written that family situation makes Chris Walker's returning not a sure thing.]

7. KENTUCKY
•Notable players definitely gone: Jarrod Polson, Jon Hood
•Others expected to leave: Julius Randle, James Young, Aaron Harrison, Andrew Harrison, Willie Cauley-Stein
•Notable players expected to return: Alex Poythress, Dakari Johnson, Marcus Lee, Dominique Hawkins, Derek Willis
•Notable newcomers: Trey Lyles, Devin Booker, Karl Towns, Tyler Ulis

jbcarol

ESPN College BBall ‏@ESPNCBB ·22 hrs
Way-Too-Early Top 25 for 2014-15: http://es.pn/1e7L90A

1. Arizona Wildcats

3. Kentucky Wildcats
Surprise, surprise: The Kentucky Wildcats have another stellar recruiting class arriving in Lexington this fall. Power forward Trey Lyles and center Karl Towns Jr. are two of the 10 best players in the class, per the ESPN 100, and shooting guard Devin Booker might grade out as one of the most efficient perimeter scorers in the country. As is custom, Kentucky is losing much of this season's roster...

8. Florida Gators
Coach Billy Donovan, as is his wont, has another strategically perfect class coming in. It's a group of four-star players who should be able to contribute and fill needs right away, but they won't necessarily need major minutes or lots of touches right off the bat. That's good, because losing Scottie Wilbekin, Casey Prather and Patric Young creates a need for a smooth, structured transition...

Here are 15 more teams that may crack the list at some point before November (includes):  Tennessee Volunteers

jbcarol

David Jones ‏@DaveJonesUFbeat ·Apr 7
Florida's Walker staying in school? http://on.flatoday.com/1gFJCts  via @Florida_Today

David Jones ‏@DaveJonesUFbeat ·Apr 7
Dick Vitale on Chris Walker:  "Someone will take him in the first round and he'll sit the bench and that's sad. He's not ready.''  #Gators

jbcarol

Kyle Tucker ‏@KyleTucker_CJ ·37 mins
Talking to some folks, I'd be pretty surprised if Calipari leaves ... and pretty surprised if any of the five starters or WCS come back.

Kyle Tucker ‏@KyleTucker_CJ ·34 mins
Dakari Johnson will be the most interesting decision. Could be lottery pick by returning but may not want to be left behind, like Teague.

jbcarol

Nick Pietruszkiewicz ‏@npiet_ESPN ·19 mins
Too early to look at next year's NCAA tourney field? Nope. @ESPNLunardi hits you with a 2015 version of Bracketology http://es.pn/1cMxrwN

Last Four In includes: Arkansas

2-seed UK
4-seed UF

SEC lands three

jbcarol

Kentucky is expected to lose several star players to the NBA Draft over the next few weeks, but that won't temper outside expectations for next season.

...UK is likely to lose sophomore Willie Cauley-Stein and freshmen Julius Randle, James Young, Andrew Harrison and Aaron Harrison to the NBA...

Alex Poythress, Dakari Johnson, Marcus Lee and Derek Willis are expected to return to the frontcourt, alongside incoming McDonald's All-Americans Karl Towns Jr. and Trey Lyles.

The backcourt would consist of Dominique Hawkins and two more All-Americans — point guard Tyler Ulis and shooting guard Devin Booker.That would be a roster of nine scholarship players, seven of whom played in the McDonald's game before coming to Kentucky.

And there's still the possibility that Coach John Calipari could add another perimeter player. Huntington Prep's Montaque Gill-Caesar is expected to reclassify to 2014 after his AAU season this summer. UK could also go the graduate-transfer route that landed Julius Mays in Lexington last season.

The Sporting News ranked them the highest — No. 2 in the country behind Arizona, though the national outlet did acknowledge that the lofty expectations might hinge on the return of the Harrison twins, something many others see as unlikely.

ESPN ranked Kentucky at No. 3...

http://www.kentucky.com/2014/04/08/3186060/high-expectations-for-kentucky.html

Nipsey Mussle

Thanks JB, keep it coming please.

If UK loses all 5 plus WCS, they'll have a year like 2012-2013.

jbcarol

Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello  5h
Freshman Chris Walker is staying at Florida.

jbcarol

All of the UK players spent today talking to John Calipari and collecting information about where they would stand in the draft process. As with everything, the information is surely varied and because of the run to the Final Four, for many of these guys this was the first time they have heard where they stand. I would suspect most will spend this weekend with their families talking about their futures and I would guess we will start to hear some news next week. For now, here is the rundown on each player:

QuoteJULIUS RANDLE: Almost assuredly gone. While the Jeff Goodman report today may have been premature, in the end I don't suspect it will be wrong...

JAMES YOUNG: Almost assuredly gone as well. Not quite the lock to enter the draft that Randle is, but very close. James will see himself go probably somewhere in the late lottery and he is a kid who wants to be in the NBA...

WILLIE CAULEY-STEIN: Probably the biggest news I found out today that surprised me a bit is that Willie is heavily considering returning to Kentucky. The scope of injury is enough that he probably won't be able to work out during the Draft process and unlike with Nerlens Noel last year, that will hinder Willie. He will be unable to fix any concerns about his health and this could cause a drop in stock of some major degree. Plus, Willie likes being at Kentucky and enjoys his time in college, and isn't in quite the rush that others are to get the NBA money.

DAKARI JOHNSON: If Willie is the player that was almost certain to leave who is now having second thoughts, Dakari is the exact opposite. Before the Tournament, he was all but assured to come back to Lexington...

HARRISON TWINS: The mystery of the process right now. I could see either decision for these two and I do think right now it is 50/50. I am told that Andrew is projected towards the end of the first round and Aaron the beginning of the second, so from a draft stock standpoint, it would seem returning is the play. But the Twins are their own guys and I think they and their dad will keep the decision very close to the vest...

ALEX POYTHRESS: Alex is also gathering information on the draft and some think that his Tournament performance got him back on the minds of NBA teams. I am told that of all seven, he is the most likely to return but that it isn't assured and the decision will probably be made over the next week. Poythress is scheduled to graduate next year...

Four years ago Patrick Patterson was delaying his decision and wanted a personal press conference to announce ultimately that he was going pro (after his junior season).

It was leaked that he was going pro so that Calipari could pursue Terrence Jones who would have gone to Washington if Patterson stayed one more season.

jbcarol

Ben Frederickson ‏@Ben_Fred ·13 hrs
I botched previous Jarnell Stokes NBA deadline tweet. If he's returning, he has to let UT know by end of April 15. This from UT compliance.

Ben Frederickson ‏@Ben_Fred ·15 hrs
Stokes didn't apply for feedback from NBA undergrad advisory committee b/c he couldn't. Players can only do it once, and he did it last year

jbcarol

Ben Roberts ‏@NextCats ·11 hrs
@CodyRich15 I think the twins will leave. I think Dakari stays but it wouldn't surprise me if he left.

jbcarol

Seth Davis finally releases his '14-15 Top 25

1. Duke, of course

8. UK -
This rank could fluctuate in the coming days depending on which players head to the NBA draft, but John Calipari has again signed a stellar recruiting class that features 6-10 power forward Trey Lyles and 6-5 shooting guard Devin Booker.

14. Florida
It won't be easy replacing four senior starters, but a full season from 6-10 forward Chris Walker and the addition of 6-8 freshman forward Devin Robinson will soften the blow.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-basketball/news/20140410/top-25-college-basketball-2014-2015

jbcarol

Ryan Hood ‏@ryanhood19 ·2 hrs
So, with the subtraction of Price, the likely departures of Brown and Clarkson & Punter's signing, #Mizzou has 2 available scholarships.

jbcarol

Ben Frederickson ‏@Ben_Fred  3h
UT announces #Vols forward Jarnell Stokes will be available to meet with the media Friday afternoon. Decision coming, it appears.

jbcarol

Matt Jones ‏@KySportsRadio  8m
If the Harrison Twins leave, UK may look at this fifth year Senior for a "Julius Mays like" one year addition: http://bit.ly/1izCtfi

UNLV's leading scorer from last season, Bryce Dejean-Jones

The 6'5″ shooting guard originally went to Southern Cal as a highly touted recruit, but he immediately ran into issues ranging from dismissal by the school, complaints about playing time, and altercations with teammates. He transferred to UNLV and played fairly well, but was suspended for the last game of the regular season for undisclosed reasons.

jbcarol

Ben Frederickson ‏@Ben_Fred ·10h
Was able to confirm CBSSports report w/ UT source. #Vols forward Jarnell Stokes will announce he's entering NBA Draft at tomorrow's presser.

Ben Frederickson ‏@Ben_Fred ·14 hrs
Had to laugh when this GIF popped up in a message board thread discussing Jarnell Stokes' presser tomorow http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2mr3ui1XG1rodzjio1_500.gif ...

The_Iceman

Quote from: jbcarol on April 11, 2014, 08:31:09 am
Ben Frederickson ‏@Ben_Fred ·10h
Was able to confirm CBSSports report w/ UT source. #Vols forward Jarnell Stokes will announce he's entering NBA Draft at tomorrow's presser.

Ben Frederickson ‏@Ben_Fred ·14 hrs
Had to laugh when this GIF popped up in a message board thread discussing Jarnell Stokes' presser tomorow http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2mr3ui1XG1rodzjio1_500.gif

Wow, good news for the Hogs.

Nipsey Mussle

jbcarol

http://rushthecourt.net/2014/04/10/breaking-down-the-top-10-sec-likely-returnees

1. Bobby Portis, Arkansas. Portis' offensive efficiency stood out most during his freshman year, but he also was in the SEC's top 10 in rebounds and blocks per game. He also has experience as a marked man as he became the Razorbacks' primary option as the season wore on. Portis should flourish in his sophomore campaign, especially if Mike Anderson relents and plays him more than 30 minutes per game.

2. Jordan Mickey, LSU. Mickey had a better statistical season than Portis, but he did so with Johnny O'Bryant commanding the bulk of attention. O'Bryant is now gone, and Mickey will become the Tigers' top option in the low post. If his jumper continues to improve (39.3% on two-point jump shots) he'll be a load on offense. Mickey also had the sixth most blocks in the country as a freshman.

Nothing official yet on Mickey.

jbcarol

Alex Poythress update from his father:

Poythress is on track to get his degree in three years, and could see significantly more playing time next season. However, he's still weighing his options. Poythress' father, Antoine, did an interview with The Times-Georgian in which he discusses his son's upcoming decision, which he says they'll try to get settled soon:

"Each year we sit down and go through an evaluation process for it. Since they made it a little bit further this year, we're actually going to start that process this week. We'll just sit down and weigh all the pluses and minuses, try to get information from the coaches and from the other people involved to see where he's projected to go in the draft or how teams feel about him," Antoine Poythress said. "We have until the 15th or 17th of this month, so it's not a lot of time. We'll probably go to the deadline and figure out what he wants to do. It's a pretty stressful process of trying to make a decision in such a short amount of time."

Antoine added that Alex, who is close to a 4.0 student, really enjoys school, which could factor into his decision:

"Some of these kids have to leave school early just because they don't like school. In his case, he enjoys school. So he can decide to leave when he's ready or when the opportunity presents itself. But academically, he'll do fine. He'll graduate."

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/basketball-2/alex-poythress-dad-talks-about-his-sons-decision

jbcarol

Wes Rucker ‏@wesrucker247 ·1 hr
Stokes: I might be drafted in the second round, but I'm one of the best power forwards in this draft, and I'll prove that.

Wes Rucker ‏@wesrucker247 ·57 mins
#Vols' Jarnell Stokes: In college, they sell your jersey for $100 in the mall. That would pay the cell phone bill we can't afford.

Wes Rucker ‏@wesrucker247 ·37 mins
Stokes said it "definitely" wasn't an easy decision to leave, but a kid's dream is a kid's dream.

jbcarol

Patrick Brown ‏@patrickbrownTFP ·2h
the four departures (McRae, Stokes, Maymon and Barton) take with them more than 70 percent of #Vols scoring from this season.

-Blu

Since it's not much to talk about right now thought we'd get some predictions going on for the SEC next year considering at this point we pretty know all the key players returning/leaving for all the SEC teams, with the exception of Kentucky.

This prediction is based on just Julius Randle, James Young, and Willy Cauley-Stein leaving for the Cats, and everyone else staying.

1. Kentucky
2. Arkansas
3. Florida
4. LSU
5. Georgia
6. Texas A&M
7. Tennessee
8. South Carolina
9. Mizzou
10. Alabama
11. Auburn
12. Vandy
13. Ole Miss
14. Miss State

I have the SEC with 4 teams getting in the tourney next year, and 2 Bubble Teams.  I think although we finish ahead of Florida in the SEC, they'll more than likely have a stronger SOS and just get more media attention, so they'll get a better seeding in the tournament.  And I think we'll have a strong year, but since we're Arkansas we'll probably get a lower seed than we deserved.

2 Seed - KY
6 Seed - FL
8 Seed - AR
11 Seed - LSU
Bubble - Georgia and TAM