Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kentucky, Tennessee, & Auburn Recruiting

Started by dwcherr, June 14, 2013, 11:19:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Damien Harris @Damien_D1Harris  ·  4 hours ago

Watching my bro @EzekielElliott highlights from last night to see how to run wild today! Bro was balling 👀

EzekielElliott#⃣1⃣5⃣ @EzekielElliott  ·  4 hours ago

@Damien_D1Harris ball out imma tune in
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Woody Wommack ‏@RivalsWoody  1 minute ago

Halftime stats at #UAALLAMERICA: 5-star RB Damien Harris, 10 carries 50 yards. #USC commit Ronald Jones 5 carries, 52 yards 1 TD
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

4-star Nashville Hillsboro DE Kyle Phillips gave a verbal to Tennessee.

jbcarol

AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  8 hours ago
John Burt, #Auburn's top wide receiver target, decommits from Texas http://ow.ly/GWktT

jbcarol

sheriron_jones3 @gullyboyjonezy  ·  2 hours ago

I have officially committed to the university of Tennessee!!!!!!!!! Goooooooo VOL NATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4-star dual threat QB from Rancho Verde, CA

jbcarol

Patrick Brown @patrickbrownTFP  ·  3 hours ago

Capsules for #Vols 10 early enrollees as part of another touted recruiting class arrives. http://bit.ly/1BBNklU

QuoteAfter adding 14 members of its touted 2014 recruiting class to the program last January, Tennessee officially announced the arrival of 10 early enrollees on Wednesday.

The crop, part of a 2015 class for the Volunteers ranked near the top five nationally, is headlined by two quarterbacks, three members of one of the nation's top defensive line classes and potential impact players at linebacker and running back.

Here's a look at Tennessee's new additions.

QB QUINTEN DORMADY

Boerne, Texas (Boerne)

6-4/200

Rivals: 4 stars

After a strong sophomore season (3,010 passing yards, 27 touchdowns and nine interceptions), Dormady, who watched a couple of Tennessee's bowl practices last month, missed his junior season with a shoulder injury suffered playing baseball the previous spring. He picked the Vols over Alabama this summer, then had a strong senior season in which he threw for 2,893 yards and scored 37 total touchdowns while playing for his father, Mike. "He is an accurate passer with a quick release," offensive coordinator Mike Bajakian said, "who possesses a skill set that will help him excel in our offense."

QB JAUAN JENNINGS

Murfreesboro (Blackman)

6-4/200

Rivals: 4 stars

In the past year, Jennings went from a projected college safety to the No. 7-ranked dual-threat quarterback in the country according to 247sports. In winning the Class AAA Mr. Football back award this season, Jennings threw for 2,155 yards, ran for 883 more and accounted for 39 total touchdowns. Blackman coach Phillip Shadowens said last month Jennings is "not even close" to the same quarterback he was as a junior. "He still has some ways that he wants to go," he added, "but he is obsessed with being great. He'll continue to work to get better, and he'll have a great college career."

RB ALVIN KAMARA

Norcross, Ga. (Hutchinson, Kan., C.C.)

5-11/195

Patrick Brown @patrickbrownTFP  ·  3 hours ago

Former Florida QB commit Sheriron Jones has committed to Tennessee per @RyanBartow. Would be third QB in #Vols '15 class.

My intramural flag football team had a 3-QB formation, it was unstoppable. Wondering if Tennessee is thinking of adding that to its offense.

jbcarol

Matt Jones @KySportsRadio  ·  4 hours ago
Source tells me that UK folks don't think Damien Harris thing is as gloomy as the Internet does. "They haven't given up like some fans have"

jbcarol

Quote from: NoNC4Tubs on January 02, 2015, 03:59:27 pm
I thought this thread was just for bobcat, hillbilly and barn recruiting.........?  8)

Matt Jones @KySportsRadio  ·  3 hours ago

When the folks at Madison Southern told us it wouldn't be the best idea to do the show there, I felt like it had to be Alabama.

jbcarol

Adam Himmelsbach @AdamHimmelsbach  ·  19h 19 hours ago
The Damien Harris column also answers the age-old question: But what happens to the UK hat he didn't choose? http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/columnists/himmelsbach/2015/01/09/himmelsbach-damien-harris-picked-alabama-football-kentucky-right-reasons/21515669/ ...

QuoteBEREA, Ky.— About 15 minutes after announcing that he would attend the University of Alabama, five-star running back Damien Harris received congratulations from friends as he walked around Madison Southern High School's gym.

Harris' mother, Esther, was still wiping tears from her cheeks. Harris' classmates were quietly filing back to their fifth-period classes, because life—and school—must go on. Then a Madison Southern basketball coach approached Harris. He basically told him it was too bad he had not picked Kentucky, but that he was still happy for him and proud of him.

"Do you want the UK hat?" Harris replied, referring to the Wildcats cap that had sat on a table with Alabama and Ohio State hats as he made his announcement. "I can get you the UK hat."

The coach shyly waved off the offer, and Harris persisted.

"No, I'll get my mom to give you the hat."

jbcarol

AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  1 hour ago
6-foot-8 Prince Tega Wanogho Jr., who has Auburn offer, reclassifies to 2015 http://ow.ly/Hd9s4

QuoteDuring one two-day span in mid-December, he added scholarship offers from LSU, Texas and Tennessee. Recently he has added scholarship offers from Auburn, Clemson and Notre Dame. He quickly earned a four-star recruiting ranking, according to 247Composite.

It is unknown how many of those offers will carry over now that he's reclassified to 2015, though Carr was in the process of informing all of the schools on Monday. Not long after the news broke, Georgia defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt reached out to Carr and told him Wanogho Jr. now had a Georgia scholarship offer.

jbcarol

Ben Roberts @NextCats  ·  22 hours ago

Top football links: @AthlonSports says UK program 'on the rise'; Quick look @ SEC recruiting; Auburn offers UK target http://bit.ly/1cnCG99

QuoteCollege Football's Eight Teams on the Rise - The Next Tier

Arkansas
The Razorbacks nearly made the cut as one of our top five teams on the rise for 2015. In coach Bret Bielema's second season, Arkansas may have been a year ahead of schedule. The Razorbacks used a powerful ground attack and improved defense to reach the postseason, elevating expectations for eight or nine wins next year. Coordinator Robb Smith has his work cut out on defense with the departure of talented linemen Darius Philon and Trey Flowers. The formula for success on offense won't change much, but Arkansas will have a new play-caller after the departure of Jim Chaney to Pittsburgh. The offensive line is among the best in the nation, and a healthy Brandon Allen at quarterback made a difference for the Razorbacks in 2014. This team could finish seventh in the SEC West next year, yet rank among the top 20-25 in the nation based on the strength of the division. 

Kentucky
The Wildcats fell one win short of reaching the postseason in coach Mark Stoops' second year. However, optimism is running high in Lexington. Kentucky lost its final six games, but Stoops and his staff have closed the gap between the Wildcats and the rest of the East. Recruiting has improved since Stoops' arrival, and Kentucky returns a handful of key offensive contributors, including quarterback Patrick Towles, running backs Boom Williams and Braylon Heard, along with receiver Ryan Timmons. The biggest personnel issues for Stoops to address in the spring are on defense. Ends Bud Dupree and Za'Darius Smith must be replaced, and safety Ashely Lowery expired his eligibility after recording 48 stops in 2014.

- See more at: http://athlonsports.com/college-football/college-footballs-top-five-teams-rise-2015

Chris Williamson ‏@Chris_Will8

🔷🔶 Blessed to have received an offer from Thr Auburn Tigers! 🔸🔹 #AUB #Auburn #WDE #tigers

Ben Roberts @NextCats  ·  13 hours ago

Top UK wide receiver target Tavin Richardson (@Rich_Man11) says he'll announce his college choice Jan. 30. Official visit to UK next weekend

jbcarol

Tennessee Recruiting @Tenn_Recruiting  ·  5 hours ago

2016 4-star TE @_DevanteBrooks: Proud to say I have official committed to the UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE. #GBO #VOLNATION 🍊🍊 Welcome aboard

jbcarol

Wes Rucker @wesrucker247  ·  14 hours ago

#Vols move into top five in 2016 recruiting rankings: http://tennessee.247sports.com/Bolt/Vols-move-into-top-five-in-2016-rankings-34785404 ... via @247Sports

Ole Miss remains No. 1, followed by Miami and Florida State.

jbcarol

AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  15 minutes ago
#Auburn's 2015 recruiting class climbs into top 10 in 247Sports national rankings http://ow.ly/Hwp7d

jbcarol

Wesley Sinor @WesleySinor  ·  2 hours ago
All-American Tim Irvin reportedly flips to Auburn http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/01/all-american_tim_irvin_reporte.html ...

jbcarol

Keith Niebuhr @Keith247Sports  ·  42 minutes ago

Can confirm former #Auburn DB commit Chris Westry now committed to #Kentucky ... Really good player

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: jbcarol on January 18, 2015, 01:34:43 pm
Wesley Sinor @WesleySinor  ·  2 hours ago
All-American Tim Irvin reportedly flips to Auburn http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/01/all-american_tim_irvin_reporte.html ...

The money is flowing down there......... 8)

jbcarol

Ben Roberts @NextCats  ·  22 hours ago

Chris Westry is the 6th defensive back and 18th commitment in UK's class of 2015. Story includes commitment chart http://bit.ly/1yHaFnq

My math says UK will now be No. 30 nationally in Rivals recruiting rankings for 2015. One spot behind U of L (which has 6 more commitments).

6-foot-6 wide receiver Kayaune Ross tells me he has committed to Kentucky. Juco player with 3 years of eligibility.

Spoke to Kayaune Ross a little while ago. Said he hadn't called Vince Marrow to tell him the news yet. Plans to enroll at UK in the summer.

Kayaune Ross @bigross3  ·  16 hours ago

I haven't signed anything yet KENTUCKY is where I wanna be so by Time for my official visit I'll be ready to sign as of NOW BBN is my LEADER

jbcarol

Marques Ford @Marques_Ford  ·  23 hours ago

Due to circumstances, I am decommiting from the University of Tennessee and opening up my recruitment...

Marques Ford - 4-star DE - East Bay High School

jbcarol

Ryan Callahan @RyanCallahan247  ·  21 hours ago

Here's the story from @SWiltfong247 on Mich. athlete/RB John Kelly committing to the #Vols: (FREE READ) http://tennessee.247sports.com/Article/John-Kelly-Commits-To-Tennessee-Volunteers-34966460 ...

jbcarol

Ben Roberts @NextCats  ·  2 hours ago
2015 defensive back Jeremiah Dinson announces that he has "officially" de-committed from Kentucky.

Auburn is the new leader for UK commitment Jeremiah Dinson, according to @247Sports. Decision soon ...

jbcarol

Keith Niebuhr @Keith247Sports  ·  5 hours ago
5-star #Vols WR commit Preston Williams cut his #Auburn OV short & more wknd nuggets (FREE) http://auburn.247sports.com/Board/42/Contents/IN-REAL-TIME-Chronicling-Auburns-recruiting-weekend-35000050 ...

jbcarol

Hialeah American DB Jeremiah Dinson gave a verbal to Auburn.

jbcarol

AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  21 hours ago

#Auburn misses on elite WR John Burt again http://ow.ly/HY7sl

QuoteJohn Burt is committed to Texas again.

The four-star prospect from Tallahassee, Fla., took to Twitter Monday morning to announce he has recommitted to the Longhorns.

jbcarol

Clay Travis @ClayTravisBGID  ·  13 hours ago

Butch Jones has done it now, Vols are deploying sleeper cell recruits. http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/tennessee-recruit-visits-auburn-tries-to-get-recruits-to-attend-tennessee-012615 ...

QuotePreston Williams, a four star receiver and Vol commit, took an official visit to Auburn this past weekend.

Williams did end up making the trip, but ended up leaving the visit a day early. The rumors out of Auburn were that Williams was "being a distraction" and "disrupting the weekend," but we are hearing that Williams was actually asked to leave by Auburn staff members because he showed up wearing nothing but Tennessee apparel and was actively recruiting other visitors to join him at Tennessee.

Auburn fans insist recruit smoked pot in hotel & AU wouldn't stand for that...

jbcarol

Kentucky football rumor:

Matt Jones @KySportsRadio  ·  1 hour ago

Hearing some bad news may be on the horizon on the football side

The Football negative news has to do with some current players. I expect more will be released relatively soon

jbcarol

Matt Jones @KySportsRadio  ·  5 minutes ago
UK Football commits the Dowell Twins have flipped to Michigan State...that is a HUGE, huge loss

The Dowell Twins were two of the pillars of the 2015 recruiting class...losing them is a major blow.  Terrible week of news for UK Football

jbcarol

Elite WR Preston Williams addresses leaving Auburn visit early, marijuana allegations

QuoteAuburn hosted 4-star wide receiver prospect Preston Williams for an official visit last weekend, and the trip has been the subject of controversy and speculation since he left the campus early Saturday.

The Tennessee commit appeared on Sports Radio WNML in Knoxville, Tenn., Tuesday night to address the situation.

"It was all right," Williams said. "I just didn't want to be there anymore. I was ready to go home. I was forced into the visit. (Auburn coaches) came that Thursday and told me to come at the last minute. I didn't plan on going."

The 6-foot-4, 191-pounder from Hampton, Ga., committed to the Volunteers in September and is one of several wide receivers Auburn has targeted in recent months. He admitted he was wearing Tennessee gear during the trip and was recruiting other prospects to play for the Vols.

"A lot of schools, they don't like it,"  Williams said. "They told me to take it off, this and that. They were getting mad. When they were getting mad, I was like, 'Do I believe them or not? Are they playing with me or what?' So I was just laughing."

Citing "a source in Auburn's program with direct knowledge of the situation," WNML also asked Williams to address a rumor that he was caught smoking marijuana in his hotel.

"Not at all," he said. "That's how people get when you don't want to do something, they try to put bad words out on you, rumors and stuff. I just let them put rumors out on me. People are going to believe what they want to believe because they have their own opinion."

Williams is ranked as the nation's No. 7 receiver in the 247Sports Composite. He plans to visit Tennessee this weekend...

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on January 27, 2015, 10:01:34 pm
Matt Jones @KySportsRadio  ·  5 minutes ago
UK Football commits the Dowell Twins have flipped to Michigan State...that is a HUGE, huge loss

The Dowell Twins were two of the pillars of the 2015 recruiting class...losing them is a major blow.  Terrible week of news for UK Football

Ben Roberts @NextCats  ·  16 hours ago

Loss of Dowell twins means C.J. Conrad & Eli Brown are UK's only 4-star commits (per Rivals rankings) for 2015. UK had 10 4-stars last year.

Without the Dowell twins, Kentucky's recruiting class will be tied for 49th in the country, according to Rivals rankings.

jbcarol

AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  2 hours ago

Auburn visits prompt cornerback Carlton Davis to decommit from Ohio State http://ow.ly/I9Ezj

jbcarol

Ben Roberts @NextCats  ·  4 hours ago
NEW: Three-star WR Tavin Richardson commits to Kentucky (includes the updated commitment chart for the class of 2015) http://bit.ly/1zfIMl1

jbcarol

Pack Pride @PackPride  ·  16 hours ago

NC State has landed a commitment from Calvary Baptist (GA) defensive end Tyrone Riley who was committed to Kentucky.

jbcarol

Ben Roberts @NextCats  ·  2 hours ago

2015 defensive end Jason Strowbridge has decommitted from UK. He is now committed to North Carolina.

UK will be tied at 49th nationally with Rutgers and Northwestern in Rivals team rankings for 2015. 15 commitments after loss of Strowbridge.

jbcarol

AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  37 minutes ago
4-star athlete D'Anfernee McGriff decommits from #Auburn http://ow.ly/InFqE

jbcarol

D'anfernee Mcgriff @Dmcgriff1  ·  58 minutes ago
Most important thanks to all the War Eagles that have faith in me but unfortunately I'm decommitting from Auburn University!

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: jbcarol on February 02, 2015, 07:24:46 pm
D'anfernee Mcgriff @Dmcgriff1  ·  58 minutes ago
Most important thanks to all the War Eagles that have faith in me but unfortunately I'm decommitting from Auburn University!

Wow! Completely out of left field........... 8)

jbcarol

Alex Byington @AUBlog  ·  14 hours ago

Auburn legacy @GGRobinson85, 3* DL from Ga., holds firm w/ commitment to Louisville. Father is AU career sack leader Gerald Robinson (82-85)

jbcarol

Brandon Marcello @bmarcello  ·  15 minutes ago

Auburn moves up one spot to No. 12 in @247sports composite rankings with DE Prince Tega Wanogho's commitment.

jbcarol

Brandon Marcello @bmarcello  ·  9 hours ago

RT @WesleySinor: #Auburn flips receiver Darius Slayton on eve of National Signing Day http://ow.ly/IsgJs

jbcarol

Ben Roberts @NextCats  ·  10 hours ago

Three-star running back Sihiem King has committed to UK for the class of 2015. First reported by @RowlandRIVALS.

Ben Roberts @NextCats  ·  12 minutes ago

NEW: 6-6 WR Therrell Gosier signs with UK. Was previously committed to Miami. No. 74 WR in class of 2015 (w/ video) http://bit.ly/1vslBEq

jbcarol

Ben Roberts @NextCats  ·  2 minutes ago

UK has now announced 17 signees: 5-11 cornerback Kei Beckham and 16 dudes listed at 6-2 or taller. And Beckham is a "long" 5-11, apparently.

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on February 03, 2015, 10:24:18 am
Alex Byington @AUBlog  ·  14 hours ago

Auburn legacy @GGRobinson85, 3* DL from Ga., holds firm w/ commitment to Louisville. Father is AU career sack leader Gerald Robinson (82-85)

GG @GGRobinson85  ·  11 hours ago

Coach Garner, Coach Muschamp, and Coach Craig from Auburn just called me with a commitable offer....

jbcarol

Ben Roberts @NextCats  ·  7 5 minutes ago

RB Sihiem King, DT Javon Provitt and DB Marcus Walker are the only three two UK commitments that have not been announced as signees yet. 18 in.

jbcarol

Brandon Marcello @bmarcello  ·  9 minutes ago

4-star receiver Ryan Davis. RT @rhettlashlee: War Eagle and welcome to the family @thaRD5 ! Time to light up the scoreboard! 🐅

With Byron Cowart and Ryan Davis, Auburn is beating Florida early on today. OT Martez Ivey looms large.

jbcarol

S Marcus Lewis picks FlSt. over UK, et al.

jbcarol

Jen Smith @jenheraldleader  ·  33 minutes ago

A look at the final big board for Kentucky's 2015 recruiting class:

jbcarol

Riley Blevins @Riley_Blevins  ·  1 hour ago

PRCC DT Courtney Miggins signs with Kentucky. That comes as a surprise. Looked like MSU was in good shape there.

jbcarol

Ben Roberts @NextCats  ·  3 hours ago

See UK's signees: The 2015 page has been updated with bios, star rankings and links to stories on all 23 UK signees http://ukrecruiting.bloginky.com/uk-football-recruits-2015/ ...