Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Terrible News LSU punter injured Neb and Fmr Mich St Punters Killed

Started by FANONTHEHILL, July 24, 2016, 03:49:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FANONTHEHILL

Terrible news from a punting camp in Wisconsin.
Thoughts and prayers with MSU, Nebraska, & LSU.

http://es.pn/2aEf6Gg

Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

SoCal Hog

Most of our friends agree that I married better than my wife did.

Grunt

The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

Pig in the Pokey

It's actually LSU's placekicker. He's gonna be ok physically, he has some pretty bad leg burns and cuts, etc, but mentally the poor guy has to be a wreck. what a tragedy. #rip
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on July 24, 2016, 04:30:24 pm
It's actually LSU's placekicker. He's gonna be ok physically, he has some pretty bad leg burns and cuts, etc, but mentally the poor guy has to be a wreck. what a tragedy. #rip
Thanks for clarifying.  Awful accident.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

AirWarren

Hawgar The Horrible

I don't get it. Tragic set of circumstances, but knowing Foltz was one of the best suggests he was a competitor as well. Don't pack it in. Attend the conference and praise him. That's a higher honor.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on July 24, 2016, 03:49:30 pm
Terrible news from a punting camp in Wisconsin.
Thoughts and prayers with MSU, Nebraska, & LSU.

http://es.pn/2aEf6Gg

How terrible. Prayers for the victims and their families.
Go Hogs Go!

FATHAWG08

I love off season Football!!

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

smb

GeorgiaHOG

Razorbacker79

Turn up that damn jukebox!!

FreshHog

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

pigture perfect

Quote from: FreshHog on July 24, 2016, 10:18:03 pm
Could be useless, but prayers sent.
As father of a son killed in a car wreck, I welcome any prayer. Then and now.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Carvell_AJC/status/757294518970486785

QuoteDelahoussaye, a 5-foot-9, 182-pound senior for the Tigers, was hospitalized following the car crash in which Michigan State's Mike Sadler and Nebraska's Sam Foltz were killed.

Delahoussaye was in Wisconsin for a weekend kicking camp when the car crash occurred. He was serving as a camp counselor for the week-long event.

LSU's kicker was held overnight at Waukesha Memorial Hospital after riding in the back seat of the vehicle that veered off of Beaver Lake Road at 11:43 p.m. Saturday evening and struck a tree.

Delahoussaye suffered minor bruising around his chest, according to a release by LSU. He was treated for minor injuries at the hospital and was released earlier on Sunday. Delahoussaye is scheduled to return to LSU on Monday.

LSU coach Les Miles released the following statement in regards to the car crash involving Delahoussaye.

"Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families of Sam Foltz and Mike Sadler," he said. "We grieve for them. This isn't supposed to happen to young people who have so much to live for. We are so thankful that Colby will be able to return home to his family and friends."

The news of Delahoussaye's injury comes on the same day that former LSU placekicker Trent Domingue announced his transfer to Texas for his senior season. Delahoussaye was in a position to compete for the starting kicking job...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/status/757398489001111552

Colby's dad got the call about his son's fiery crash while sitting w/his ailing mother who's battling cancer "A lot going on" he said.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Whiskeyhog

I am very familiar with the road it happen on.  It is about 10 minutes from my house.  The road is hilly with sharp curves and it had been raining that night.  I believe Zach Hocker was also at the event.  The news showed a picture of the instructors and one was wearing a hog shirt.  Very unfortunate accident and prayers to the family. 

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

bphi11ips

Quote from: FreshHog on July 24, 2016, 10:18:03 pm
Could be useless, but prayers sent.

Prayers help us all deal with grief, and we all get our turn to need them.  If we know others are thinking of us, that is enough. 

I can put a personal touch on this one.  My son was one of the campers in Wisconsin.  He'll graduate in 2018 and has worked with Jamie Kohl and his staff for three years.  They are wonderful teachers and mentors.  Cole Hedlund was one of Jamie's students.  So was Zach Hocker.  Jamie also runs Arkansas's specialty camps.  He genuinely cares about his students and has paved the way for hundreds of scholarship kickers.

The camp this past weekend was the national showcase camp to end the camp season.  It is always attended by some of Kohl's most accomplished alumni.  Sam Foltz spoke to the campers and their parents the night he died.  On Sunday morning my wife, who accompanied our son to the camp while I stayed home with our daughter, texted me and told me about the accident. 

The weather in Wisconsin was terrible all weekend.  Whiskeyhog said the road was windy, and weather conditions surely played a part.  Because of the storms, my wife and son's flight from Milwaukee to Chicago was cancelled.  They had to take a bus to Chicago for the flight back to Nashville.  Their Nashville flight was delayed until 2:00 a.m. this morning.  They dodged storms all the way home and got in about 4:30.   My son left early for football practice after a couple of hours of sleep.  I haven't spoken with him yet, but his mom just told me that she doesn't think Jamie Kohl knew what happened until the camp had already commenced on Sunday morning.  She said that soon after she texted me someone spoke on the field with Jamie, there was a noticeable change in his expression, and he took a few steps and dropped to his knees.  My wife said he could barely speak when he cut the camp short later in the day and said goodbye to the campers.

I can't imagine what the parents, family, friends and teammates of Mike Sadler and Sam Foltz must be going through now.  All we can do is pray for their strength to bear the grief and carry on.  I'm sure Bret Bielema has said a few prayers for his friend Jamie Kohl, his fellow coaches, and all those affected by this tragedy.  It certainly puts life in perspective and makes you appreciate the way he does things with his own players.       
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Hog Nutt

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on July 24, 2016, 10:44:45 pm
prayers are never useless. At the very least you took a moment to be compassionate. If more people would do that this world would be a better place.

Amen

younghog

GO HOGS

elksnort

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on July 24, 2016, 10:44:45 pm
prayers are never useless. At the very least you took a moment to be compassionate. If more people would do that this world would be a better place.
Very good point.

wholehog92

Very sad.  Sent prayers for those families and friends to deal with that grief.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

phadedhawg

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Carvell_AJC/status/759084711130042368

Quote"Our family sincerely appreciates the outpouring of support for Colby since the accident last weekend. The number of calls, emails and text messages that we have received from people throughout the country has been overwhelming and much appreciated. Colby is in good hands with treatment to his injuries and he's making progress with his recovery.

"We ask that you continue to pray for the families of Mike Sadler and Sam Foltz during this very difficult time. Mike and Sam were wonderful young men who Colby had great admiration for. Please keep their families in your thoughts and prayers."

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN 16h16 hours ago

Nebraska creates Sam Foltz Memorial Scholarship to be presented annually to football player who embodied Foltz's traits of leadership

jbcarol

Glenn Guilbeau Verified account
‏@LSUBeatTweet

LSU K Colby Delahoussaye practicing Thursday am. Progressing well from car wreck injuries.

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/status/766154716929662976

QuoteDelahoussaye figured he was knocked unconscious. He points to a small scar on his right temple where he needed stitches. The car caught fire, and the flames started burning the outside of his left thigh.

"I'm almost positive what saved my life was my leg being burned and it waking me up," Delahoussaye said.

He was upside down in the car, hanging from his seat belt. He wrestled his way out of the seat belt and then the car but can't recall how he managed either.

"The next thing I remember is being on my hands and knees in the mud, in the woods, running up (hill) and calling the cops. My phone was shattered. I don't how I was able to call the cops on that, either."

Sadler and Foltz, 24 and 22 respectively, kind, young, fun-loving, popular, died at the scene. That Delahoussaye did not he figures is only because he was on the receiving end of some divine intervention.

"God was definitely right there with me," he said. "There's no explanation why I'm here talking with you guys right now."

The job of kicking extra points and field goals will be his from the moment LSU tees it up back in Wisconsin for its season opener Sept. 3 against the Badgers at in Green Bay.

It's over 100 miles from the accident site near Merton, Wisconsin, northwest of Milwaukee, to Lambeau Field. For many of us that might not be enough distance. But Delahoussaye said he's looking forward to the trip.

"You realize that not every day is guaranteed. It made me realize I need to enjoy every single second on this earth because we don't know when it's our last."

So, Delahoussaye said he's going to take pleasure in this season. He didn't say it exactly, but it sounded like he feels he owes it to Sadler and Foltz, two young men who were joking and laughing and making fun of Justin Bieber until the moment of the accident, to be joyful himself.