Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Neal Barlow is now a......

Started by 100+GM HAWG, September 18, 2008, 04:13:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

100+GM HAWG

Razorback.

Per Randy Rainwater. Will have Neal on after 6pm. Great News..

I guess more accurately he's a Razorback commit. But I agree this is great news, he's an impact receiver.

theoldsowl

Randy Rainwater just announced on drive time that he's a hog.....coming from a reliable source.  He will be on the air in the 6 o'clock hour.

Wildhog

Well how bout that...that's awesome.

WPS.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Choctaw Hog

Petrino and staff flip yet another recruit.  Great news!

BillJ8261

Another committment that the former staff would never have gotten!!!!!!!!!!

100+GM HAWG

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on September 18, 2008, 04:19:11 pm
Petrino and staff flip yet another recruit.  Great news!
Agreed. They are doing a great job.

The Boar War

cardinalandwhite

The skill player committing that Dudley hinted at?
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

Nutts and Bolts

A new era has begun in Fayetteville

WooPigFlowerMound

Quote from: 100+GM HAWG on September 18, 2008, 04:13:58 pm
Razorback.

Per Randy Rainwater. Will have Neal on after 6pm. Great News..

Excellent news!  First heard about this on another board earlier around 3pm, but great to get confirmation from here and DTS!  Go Hogs!

Ugly Uncle

When are coaches from other states going to realize the days of coming in here and getting our best players are OVER!
Retired Radio Host

100+GM HAWG

Quote from: uglyuncle on September 18, 2008, 04:24:26 pm
When are coaches from other states going to realize the days of coming in here and getting our best players are OVER!
They may be starting to get that message I believe.

Nutts and Bolts

link to drive time sports anyone?  Thanks
A new era has begun in Fayetteville

DeuceHawg

Porkyswine

Get this.......Grit did it again.  I went over to the other site and he claimed he knew about it but couldn't say anything.  He's said this on the last 3 who have committed.  Unreal.  He finds out like we do.  When they go public.

cosmodrum

SAH-WEEET!!!

:razorback:
Go away, batin'

t2_nick

Awesome News. Petrino and staff are setting the wooden posts around the state as we speak

Seebs

Hopefully he and his parents will find the love they need from the message boards.

May your career at UA be long and successful Neal. May your dates all be Pi Phis.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

WyomingTiger8888

Congrats on your new pick-up.

Reaganite

Quote from: Porkyswine on September 18, 2008, 04:28:40 pm
Get this.......Grit did it again.  I went over to the other site and he claimed he knew about it but couldn't say anything.  He's said this on the last 3 who have committed.  Unreal.  He finds out like we do.  When they go public.

LMAO.  I don't know why someone would put money in Blowtis' pockets when he doesn't seem to deliver the skinny anymore.

El Puerco

Quote from: Bogarto on September 18, 2008, 04:37:35 pm
Hopefully a bigger version of Jeff Samradzia

We could do well if he's able to come even close to a Jeff Samardzija

Hawgustus Caesar

Not defending Otis, but you're wrong.  He posted a thread indicating the flip long before DTS or anyone else got the news.  He then pulled the thread, which had a post in there from me, when he realized that Barlow wanted to announce it on DTS.  He was being classy and letting the kid have his moment before anyone took the info here... 

You seriously need to relax.

lovetailgatin

Good pick up but we need help on def. WE are still after a RB and maybe one more WR but we need def help.

theoldsowl

for those needing a little more proof...

http://arkansas.scout.com/a.z?s=10&p=2&c=792081&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2farkansas.scout.com%2f2%2f792081.html

tendu

Mallett to Barlow.......... TD!

forrest city joe

Super news. we are going to have some bigtime recievers folks. the passing game is going to be outstanding. congrats to Neal for becoming a hawg.

El Puerco

September 18, 2008, 04:50:51 pm #28 Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 04:54:00 pm by El Puerco
HAHAHAH!  No question.  Did you ever see that Norm MacDonald SNL skit where he was on a game show that employed the honor system and he keeps saying "I knew that one" and taking credit?  Otis is living it.

PIGZSNOUT

why does rivals.com still show him a "Solid Verbal" commit to Kansas????

El Puerco

Quote from: Hawgustus Caesar on September 18, 2008, 04:46:26 pm
Not defending Otis, but you're wrong.  He posted a thread indicating the flip long before DTS or anyone else got the news.  He then pulled the thread, which had a post in there from me, when he realized that Barlow wanted to announce it on DTS.  He was being classy and letting the kid have his moment before anyone took the info here... 

That only explains the last few hours leading up to this.  The actual issue is that he will always subtly imply that he knew all along but couldn't discuss it because he's a class act.

SwinedMelon

Quote from: PIGZSNOUT on September 18, 2008, 04:56:01 pm
why does rivals.com still show him a "Solid Verbal" commit to Kansas????
Because someone at rivals has to flip the switch. This is breaking news.
"Bar-keep, another go around again. One for me and whats-his-name, my new best friend!"

Hawgustus Caesar

Quote from: El Puerco on September 18, 2008, 04:56:09 pm
That only explains the last few hours leading up to this.  The actual issue is that he will always subtly imply that he knew all along but couldn't discuss it because he's a class act.

Well, that's not what happened here.  He knew about it, posted it, others replied to it, then he took it down so Barlow could have the spotlight.  That's classy.  According to Porkyswine, he just said he knew about it later.  This is not true. 

Look I've gotten crossways with Otis several times on that board, but this time he did the right thing and was all over the story.  It's okay if he's on point now and then, right?

idochog

Another Hog!! Petrino is smoking hot recruiting.  Now its time to get some defensive studs
I love Jesus!

Hawgustus Caesar

Quote from: idochog on September 18, 2008, 04:59:21 pm
Another Hog!! Petrino is smoking hot recruiting.  Now its time to get some defensive studs

And that is what the issue is here, not whether or not Otis posted it before the information was taken here or some heard it online. 

Congrats to you, Mr. Barlow.  You made the right call...

El Puerco

Quote from: Hawgustus Caesar on September 18, 2008, 04:59:17 pm
Well, that's not what happened here.  He knew about it, posted it, others replied to it, then he took it down so Barlow could have the spotlight.  That's classy.  According to Porkyswine, he just said he knew about it later.  This is not true. 

Look I've gotten crossways with Otis several times on that board, but this time he did the right thing and was all over the story.  It's okay if he's on point now and then, right?

I've got no axe to grind with the guy but I feel it's done via omission.  Many times the information will be thrown out there and he'll allow others to connect the dots that he likely knew all along.  You're right, though, it's a derail.

idochog

Quote from: Hawgustus Caesar on September 18, 2008, 04:59:17 pm

once in a million is OK i guess
I love Jesus!

COCHISE

Good luck to SEC corners trying to cover Childs and Barlow, better bring a stool.

Wildhog

Quote from: 870 RZR on September 18, 2008, 05:06:07 pm
Good luck to SEC corners trying to cover Childs and Barlow, better bring a stool.

No frankin' joke.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

El Puerco

Quote from: SwinedMelon on September 18, 2008, 04:57:22 pm
Because someone at rivals has to flip the switch. This is breaking news.

Don't worry, Otis has been waiting to flip the switch for WEEKS.  Hovering over it...waiting for a "classy" moment. Sorry, I couldn't help it.

cbjagman

I honestly could never really understand his pledge to Kansas. Not taking anything away from the Jayhawks, however, despite their record last year I just don't see them being able to sustain the upgraded record on a consistent basis. On the other hand, with BP at the helm I think a lot of young men would love to be a part of the building of an empire!!!

The Boar War

Quote from: uglyuncle on September 18, 2008, 04:24:26 pm

I agree.  It's way past time to send these carpetbaggers packing.

positive

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/

Rivals.com 2009 Team Recruiting Rankings

22. Arkansas

Nice, and only going to get better.

Table Rocker

Wow, sooner than I thought, this is awesome, awesome news.

1highhog

TheShow

Quote from: tendu on September 18, 2008, 04:49:05 pm
Mallett to Barlow.......... TD!
Actually....... TOUCHDOWN ARKANSAS!

Pastor_Hog

Watch the Hogs on Saturday and worship Jesus on Sunday.

El Puerco

Quote from: Wildhog on September 18, 2008, 05:07:36 pm
No frankin' joke.

He said he would recruit length.  Guess he wasn't kidding.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: Hawgustus Caesar on September 18, 2008, 04:46:26 pm

If that's the case, why did Barlow announce an hour earlier on The Shawn and Wally show?  LMAO!
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

Horkus Porkus